[Original RPG] End of the Line: Breakout (Autobase)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Scout

Post by Scout »

Shuttlebay, Fort Max

Prowl followed behind Optimus and Ironhide and entered the shuttlebay, where his communicator went off. He picked up immediately and listened to Skids.

"Get what you are able to, Skids. Pack the raw material quickly and bring it back. We'll be needing it for ammunition and armor production.

Metroplex left because Cuba is being covered over by volcanic material. The details are uncertain at the moment, but the Decepticons seem to be behind the event. When the safety of the human population and the immediate danger is over, I may ask you to head a research expedition there to assess the damage."

Fort Max: halls
Coming up behind Nightbeat, Mirage closed in on the voices, raised his rifle towards Afterburner and dropped his invisibility cloak without saying anything.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

The Ravine

"thats a big 10-4 not something you see everyday."

He looked around

"wasn't someone supposed to help us Windchager I think?"
Elcor
Protoform

Fort Max corridors:

Post by Elcor »

Afterburner listened for Nightbeat's explanations, but seemed not to understand them.

"What? You... Tell me... This Decepticon is our friend?.." - he asked, sensors shifting rapidly from Nightbeat to Dirge. "Ah... I understand now..." He hung his head, as if calculating something inside himself.

Strafe gathered himself from the floor where he fell tripping over (now visible) Mirage and relaxed, seeing as his fellow copes with the situation.

Nosecone arrived at the far end of the corridor, his weapon in hand, but then he relaxed a bit too, seeing no hostile actions were taking place for now.

"I understand it all now... And I understand it perfectly", - Afterburner finished. He raised his head high and his sensors flashed a bright, shiny glow... of madness.

"I understand you're a Decepticon too" - he said and fired at Nightbeat.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Aero Blade

Halls, Fort Max

Post by Aero Blade »

Dirge had retreated away from the immediate battle zone, but he didn't yet leave, not sure of what was going on. At least it seemed like some others had finally arrived to handle Afterburner. His relief only lsted a moment, though, as things started to escalate again, and Dirge prepared himself to be ready to take off if needed.
DBF
Protoform

Fort Max Corridors

Post by DBF »

Lightspeed brushed himself off, stood wearily and helped Override up.
"Thanks for the assist-" he began, but he never finished his sentence: Gripper and Flame were now also up. Gripper in particular, looked furious.
Barely containing his rage, he took his weapon from subspace.
"We should go help." he said with an eerie calm, and started after Nosecone.
Flame looked at Lightspeed and Override: "We should follow, fellows: I'd hate for Gripper to start killing autobots and us not to be part of the courtmartial."
Lightspeed shrugged, and pulled his sword out of subspace.
"Too true. You comin'?" he smiled at the trigger bot.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Ravine

" Ok Prowl, we're starting right now with the extraction. " replyed Skids.

Then he turned back and looked at Landfill.

" Windcharger you say? I don't see him " commented Skids looking around and engaging his com-link.

" Windcharger please, are you somewhere near the Ravine? Landfill and myself need a pair of hands... and your magnetic powers ", said Skids.

---

Fort Max Corridors

Override nodded reluctanty and started to follow the Motorvators.

" Ah, the wild life of the scout... " he muttered ironically to himself.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

(00C Shall we get these shuttles Down.)

Wraith

Overdrive lined up his shuttle

He opened his Com link

"This is Overdrive to Fort Max , can you fit us all in the shuttlebays or do we have to divert to the Runways over, and whats the status of that crash crew at the lake ? over."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge, Flamberge

Hot Rod shrugged. "Tracks and me are fine, Fortress," he said. "The prisoner's banged up, though, and I think there's something wrong with Bluestreak. He hasn't said or done anything since we left Nebulos. The ship...well, it got us here. Other than that, you'd need to ask an engineer.

"Now, are you gonna give me landing clearance," The cavalier grinned to himself, and his amusement was evident in his voice, "or am I going to have to drop this thing into the lake?"

Ghoul

Getaway shrugged.

"About five seconds, give or take," he told Aero Blade. "Hold on, guys."

The Powermaster eased the shuttle's control yoke forward, dropping it towards the lake. It hit with a resounding splash, shaking the cabin and nearly tossing Getaway from his seat despite the restraints he was wearing.

Once the ship had stabilized, the Powermaster looked back at his crewmates. "You guys alright?"

Medbay, Fort Max

Ratchet watched the whole Technobot situation unfold as his sensors gathered data on Scattershot's body. Once he had run the whole battery of tests, he looked up at the Technobot leader.

"You can move again," he said. "But don't leave sickbay until I give the OK. I'm going to check these readings against your medical records and see what pops out."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Bridge, Fort Max:

Fortress: -frequency 1- "Landing clearance given, Hot Rod. There should be enough room in bay three for that ship." -switches to frequency 2- "Bay two is open, Overdrive. You have landing clearance. No report on the-" -optics widen- "Grimlock! Get down to B/12!"

Grimlock: -having watched the whole messy scene unfold on the monitors, already out the doors by the time Fortress finishes his sentence-

Medbay, Fort Max:

Minerva: -walks in, cradling Ratbat's head- "Anything exciting happen while I was gone?"

Hosehead: -just back from checking medical stores- "Not real-"

Fortress: -over intercom speakers- "Medics to section B/12 immediately! There's been a shooting!"

Hosehead: "I take it back."

Minerva: -tosses Ratbat's head to Hosehead- "I'll take this one." -leaves medbay at a run-

Hosehead: -looks over at Ratchet and Scattershot- "Any idea what's going on?"

Shuttlebay One, Fort Max:

Prime: -looking at a much patched shuttle with much skepticisim-

Ironhide: -looking at a datapadd- "Only one available, Prahme. Th' others are either bein' repaired or're out."

Prime: -boards the shuttle- "If I get my hands on the Decepticon who blasted our hangar bay...." -sits in pilot's seat, wondering if the ominous creak from the seat's support struts is an omen-

Ironhide: -boards- "Ah hear ya." -sits, leans back...- "Woah!" -falls backward as the seatback supports give out- "Boy, do Ah hear ya....."

Prime: -brings the engines online- "At lest the engines sound good. As long as the mechanicals are sound, we should be fine." -looks out the hatch at Prowl and Smokescreen- "Come on. We have a meeting to attend, and a planet to retake."

Ironhide: -studying the paint on the ceiling- "An' painters ta hahre...."

Ghoul:

Roadbuster: -upside down in the co-pilot's seat, overhead pipe in one hand, seatback in the other(both ripped from their places in the crash), Brawn's trophy on top of him- "Strangely enough, I've been in worse landings than this......"

Omega Supreme:

Omega Supreme: -approaching Autobase-

Corridor section B/12:

Nightbeat: -collapses to his knees, looking down at the smouldering hole in his chest, looks back at Afterburner- "Kluu...." -fluids burbling from his mouth, falls face forward onto the decking, unmoving, gun still in his left hand-
Elcor
Protoform

Fort Max, corridor B/12

Post by Elcor »

"NO!!!!!" - Nosecone screamed and started running towards Afterburner, understanding he's already too late, he'd never get there in time...

...as Nightbeat fell, Afterburner turned and aimed his pistol at Dirge...

...then Strafe's heat rifle came into life, spewing purple flashes one after another. Afterburner's pistol exploded in his hand, then the hand itself started to twist and melt as new portions of heat were doing its destructive work...

..."STOP!!!" - was all Nosecone managed to say and, wondrously, it did the trick as Strafe took his finger off the trigger of his heat rifle. They stood side by side - two Technobots, looking at their former comrade who turned into a dangerous deviant.

"I only wanted to kill more Decepticons... That's all I ever wanted..." - Afterburner said as he stood before them, his left arm dangling uselessly at his waist, his right only a molten stump.

"But he wasn't a Decepticon, you rustbrained moron!" - Nosecone snapped back, then elbowed his way to fallen Nightbeat.

"He must be brought to medbay quickly! Mirage, Dirge - can I ask you to do that? It seems it would be better if we two stand guard here"
and talk with whoever arrives - he thought, but didn't said it aloud.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Elcor
Protoform

Fort Max medbay:

Post by Elcor »

"Did you heard that, Ratchet?" - Scattershot asked the Autobot medic. "It's all my fault because I wasn't there to stop them. Now I must get there and see what happened, and YOU -", he intoned, his voice getting that abnormal quality again - "YOU won't stop ME".

Scattershot took two quick steps towards medbay doors.

Standing besides Wheeljack in the adjacent room, Lightspeed was explaining his plans about Jetwave.

"... there could be plans for reactor of this type somewhere in the database; I could search for them. Considering the triple-changer transformation cone I'm not so sure - perhaps we should ask one of the triple-changers, say Sky Lynx or Broadside to provide his transformation cone so you could make a replica..."

Then, the voice from the intercomm intervened, making him forget about Jetwave immediately.

"It's Afterburner!.. Something happened to him! Sorry, Wheeljack, I must go! I'll find you as soon as I can to talk about Jetwave", - and Lightspeed rushed to the medbay doors, barely avoiding collision with Hosehead only to run into Scattershot.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Ghoul, Lake

Aero Blade didn't immedately respond to Getaway, just sagging in his seat restraints with his optics closed, almost as though he was offline, except for the weary and somewhat agitated groan he issued.

"I'll let you know once we finally stop moving..." Aero finally answered.

Halls, Fort Max

Dirge didn't seem to register anything that was being said by the other autobots, too startled and shocked by the scene that had just occured. He'd already been confused by Afterburner attacking him, but now seeing Autobots rather brutally attacking not just eachother, but one of their own team... would he be their next target..?

Dirge just stood there, completely silent and almost zoned out as his processor tried to sort out what had just occured, all the while also staying alert for any aggresive motions being made towards him.

(OOC: Elcor, I believe Hein's Nightbeat is a he. Just look at his posts)
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Medbay, Fort Max:

Hosehead: -moves to block Scattershot, scowling- "He won't. I will."

Corridor section B/12:

Minerva and Grimlock: -nearly collide coming around opposite corners into the same corridor, both running to the same place-

Grimlock: -looking out of the corner of his optic band- "No. Me say you go back to medbay. Send Ratchet."

Minerva: -pulling away from the larger, heavier Dinobot- "I'm a medic, Grimlock, it can't be that-" -skids to a stop, optics wide-

Grimlock: -heavy tread slowing, sadly- "Job not reason me want Ratchet."

Minerva: -shaking- "N...nuh......"

Nightbeat: -still not moving-

Grimlock: -steps around Minerva, stalks over to Afterburner and Strafe, glaring down at Afterburner, roaring- "WHAT MALFUNCTION?"

Minerva: -walks over, pushes Nosecone aside, drops to her knees, voice very quiet- "No....." -shaking head, grabs Nightbeat's shoulder, rolls him onto his back- "You said you'd protect him!"

Nightbeat: -head lolling, other than that, still not moving-

Minerva: -starts pounding on Nightbeat's chest, screaming- "YOU SAID YOU'D PROTECT HIM, DAMNIT!!!!!"

Nightbeat: -weakly, in pain- "I am. Now stop trying to turn my breastplate into modern art!"

Minerva: -stops, mid-swing- "Muzzle?"

Nightbeat: -still weakly, still in pain- "Fuel capsule..... was his idea."

Minerva: -grabs Nightbeat, starts hugging him- "You two ever pull anything like this again...." -squeezing harder-

Nightbeat: -arms flailing- "Can't..... breathe....."

Minerva: -lets him go-

Nightbeat: -slides back to the floor with a clunk- "Ow....."

Minerva: -starts running a medscanner over him- "The shot didn't even penetrate."

Nightbeat: "Why else do you think I have this big target on my chest? I can only armor my head so much, after all. Still hurts, though........" -sits up, looks over at Afterburner- "I'd hoped the shock of killing another Autobot might have woken him up. I'm not entirely sure it worked....."
Scout

Post by Scout »

Shuttle
Prowl stepped aboard while giving the shuttle a rather wary look.
If the Decepticons hadn't just caused a lot of damage, the engineering department would have a lot to answer for.

The strategist stepped around Ironhide and took a standing position next to the shuttle defense controls. Within moments, Prowl had run a diagnostic and was staring at the screen's readouts with an emotionless expression.

It wasn't intentional - in truth, he was shocked at the disrepair. He glanced to Prime as he flipped the switches to ignite the reserve engines for thrust. He had to forewarn the others.

"This craft is 83.56% structurally unsound, the defenses are negligible at best and offensively, it's only slightly better. The valves and fuel lines are secure, so as long as the frame and body hold together, we can take it to level 4 throttle. We're in trouble if Gigatron is uncooperative."

But the engineering and maintainance department deserves more throttling than this will ever achieve.
-----------------
Fort Max: Halls

Mirage frowned as Strafe tripped over him. He knew it wasn't intentional, but he had a sudden urge to push the other Autobot away. The sudden arrivals stopped him in mid-motion though, and he turned his attention to the situation again as Nosecone called to him.

The spy gave Afterburner a skeptical look and hesitated, but only momentarily.
"Move." He motioned to Afterburner with the rifle point.

-------------------
Fort Max: Medbay
On one CR chamber, a small alert light began flashing. Within the chamber, one very damaged triple changer's systems had reached the point where they had just begun to start the reactivation process.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Fort Max

Ratchet scowled at Scattershot's back as the Technobot leader tried to leave. When Hosehead stepped into the large Autobot's path (and hopefully drew his attention), the doctor stepped up behind Scattershot and jabbed his stun prod at the base of the Technobot's neck. He hoped to knock the seemingly-derranged Autobot unconscious, at least long enough to get him onto a biobed and restrain him.

"I'd say this is going to hurt me more than it'll hurt you...but that would be a lie. I'm sorry."

Bridge, Flamberge

"Thanks, Fortress," Hot Rod said. "I'll see you in a bit. Flamberge out."

As the cavalier guided the captured warship down towards Autobase, he thought, We've really got to change that name...

Shuttlebay One, Fort Max

Smokescreen walked up the shuttle's ramp, ignoring the disquieting creak it made as he put his weight on it. He managed not to laugh as Ironhide's chair pitched backwards, then extended a hand to help the older Autobot back to his feet.

"I think I'm going to stand..."

Ghoul

Getaway unbuckled his restraint harness and started to make his way to the hatch, but he spared a concerned thought for Aero Blade on the way.

There's something not right with him. When we get inside, it'd be a good idea to take him to see a medic.

"Me too," he told Roadbuster. "But we'd better a move on before this bucket starts to sink."
Elcor
Protoform

Fort Max, corridor B/12

Post by Elcor »

Nosecone almost said hey, Big Grim, take it easy - then thought against it. First, he hadn't thought that Grimlock was HARD on Afterburner... yet. Second, he'd like to be hard on Afterburner himself. As hard as he could. So he stood there and waited for Afterburner to answer.

"No malfunction... Grimlock... sir. I... just was hyped out because my teammates won't understand me..."

Afterburner raised his molten stump of hand and pointed at Dirge.

"And then that Decepticon was here... and I think I've got out of control..."

He turned to Grimlock and looked into Dinobot's optics at point blank range.

"Don't you wish to destroy Decepticons above everything? What would you do if they'd deny it to you every time? You have to understand me; I hadn't believed a Decepticon could be our friend."

Meanwhile, Strafe took two steps to Nosecone.

"I... I've had to stop him, there was nothing else I could do, see?" - Strafe's voice was almost desperate.

"It's all right, Strafe. You did what I'd do myself", - Nosecone answered. It was a lie, but this particular lie wasn't going to hurt nobody. If it would make his comrade better, he was ready to help. "Furthermore, you did what Scattershot'd do".

"Don't say so!" - Strafe turned to Nosecone suddenly, his voice almost a scream. "You're right about Scattershot and that scares me too! Can't you see he's not himself lately? Can't you see we're all changing somehow?"

Uh-oh... Now it seems we've got not TWO malfunctioning Technobots but THREE... - Nosecone thought to himself, obviously excluding himself from the malfunction list.

"Hey, easy there!.. We've got to check on After', not scorn ourselves for what was done. Agreed?"

"Agreed", - Strafe answered weakly.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Elcor
Protoform

Fort Max medbay:

Post by Elcor »

Scattershot had no chance to see Ratchet's stunner or defend himself; as the weapon connected, he uttered a stuttering cry and started to collapse forward.

Lightspeed grabbed him and blocked his fall, then turned to Ratchet angrily:

"Why'd you do that? He was needed there - hadn't you heard the announcement?"
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
MirageHoundFan
Protoform

Post by MirageHoundFan »

Bridge, Flamberge

Bluestreak shifted automatically as the base came into view, wanting off the ship so he could bury himself in his room and think about how badly his mental trama had made his screw up during the hostage-taking.

Spectre, Forest

"Wahooo" Sandstorm hollered as the underbelly of the shuttle brushed against the trees as he flew low over the forest surrounding the Autobot bases "Home again, home again, eh 'spray"

Opening one eye as the ship roared overhead, Catilla got to his feet and to see who was incoming, couldn't be Decepticons, there was no alarms sounding or anything like that.

Medbay, Fort Max

Wheeljack nodded as the Technobot left, lost in thought while he looked Jetwave up and down, then pulled several datapads out of sub-space and began scribbling down notes for a new body and changes to the old one for Lightspeed to go over when he returned, because nothing short of that would do for this amount of damage.

"So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave" - Captain Mal Reynolds
Scout

Post by Scout »

ooc: Elcor, please don't double post. :) Just use segments in one post.

Fort Max: Halls
Mirage wasn't feeling like waiting. He frowned and stepped forward toward Afterburner more aggressively. The spy had been given an order, and knowing that a point needed to be made for Dirge's benefit, he fully intended to carry it out.

"Genius. Everyone got the security memo that Dirge has been accepted as an Autobot, and he's got Autobot symbols, not decepticon. Now move and tell it to the medics."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Fort Max

Ratchet shook his head sadly.

"No, he wasn't." He sighed. "You and I both know that there's something wrong with your leader, Lightspeed. Until I can figure out what's causing his irratic behaviour, we can't have him jumping headlong into a crisis. In the condition he's in, he'd only make the situation worse...maybe even get someone killed. I couldn't let that happen."

After taking a moment to collect his wits, he sighed again. "Hosehead, get Scattershot over to a diagnostic bed and set him down."

The medic walked towards the room's comm panel, then punched the 'on' button so hard he almost broke it. Surprised at himself, it took a moment before he remembered what he had wanted to say.

"Grimlock, this is Ratchet. I could use a couple guards down in medbay. Scattershot's malfunctioning, and he's not going to be happy when he wakes up and realizes I tasered him. Could you spare me a goon or two?"