[Original RPG] End of the Line: Battlefronts (Other)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Shuttle Weehawken, Bikini Atoll:

Prime and Ironhide: -come out of the underbrush-

Prime: "We meet with Gigatron on the moon in two hours. Prowl, when we're clear of the interference, contact Autobase, let them know to start moving out. Smokescreen, we're going to have to break this to the humans somehow. Any ideas?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Metroplex

"Sure thing, First Aid."

Artfire headed towards Hound, cracking his knuckles.

"I think I've got this handled," he told Starlight when the Minicon arrived. "We'll have other wounded coming in, though, I'm sure, so you'd better stick around."

As he spoke, he gathered up the equipment he'd need to patch Hound's leg.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Medbay, Metroplex
"It's just to your right there Skyfall."
"I can use your help over here until the others arrive, Starlight." First Aid said loudly enough so she and the others could hear. The medic had a magnifying lens active and was delicately patching and replacing the optical nerves and damaged lenses. Though he was more than capable, the damage done to Fastlane was extreme, and the minicon's smaller hands could work faster than his in the tiny circuit boards.
Surprised that the medic had noticed the damage, Hound opened his mouth to object, but then closed it again as he saw Kickback and the rest coming in. Artfire was a sniper- not a medic, but as the scout was well aware- basic patches were something most autobots could do with relative ease and it seemed like it was a good time to get it done. He took a seat, and moved his leg up to expose the damaged side. He watched the autobot gather the tools.

----------
----------

Bikini Atoll

Having jumped down from atop the shuttle, Prowl folded the tarp and replied, "Yes Sir, Optimus," as he followed the others back inside. He stowed the tarp and swung back into his console chair, signalling to Smokescreen that he was prepared to leave.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Devastated Cuba

Metroplex, with a roar of his retro-trhusters, took off flying upwards from a melted Cuba.

---

Metroplex Bridge

" Take off procedure complete " informed Scamper from his station. " Course? " he asked.

Ultra Magnus watched Cuba's image showing on the bridge main screen. The surface was scorched and scarred, the cities melted by the lava flows originated by the decepticons.

" Sir, destination? " asked again Scamper.

Ultra Magnus slowly faced Scamper.

" Take course to the Meditteranean sea. We'll locate the refugees on the Balearic Islands and the Maltese archipelago islands of Malta, Comino and Gozo; if the Spanish and Italian goverment agree, of course. "

Magnus turned and seated himself in his command chair. He had thought a lot about the destination of the refugees and finally he made his decision considering the temperature and conditions of the destination islands as the most important factors. He still had doubts about his decision, but he hoped he chose the right one.

He steeled himself for the inevitable incoming diplomatic talks.

" I need you Crosscut, old friend. Where are you? "

---

Metroplex

The citybot powered his main drives and flew fastly, heading for the Meditteranean sea.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Metroplex

Artfire noticed Hound's reluctance and shook his head ruefully.

"I'm a licenced paramedic, you know. I'm not going to cut your leg off by accident. Not much, anyway..."

Setting his tray of tools down, he selected an appropriate-sized patch and set to work welding it into place.

Corridors, Metroplex

Now perfectly clean and odour-free, Red Alert walked down the halls at a good clip. It took him a few seconds to realize he wasn't sure where he was going.

Heading to the nearest comm panel, he punched in the code for the bridge. "Magnus," he said, "do you want me up there, or should I take charge of the captured Decepticons?"

Bikini Atoll

Smokescreen punched a few buttons on his console, then nodded.

"Consider us underway," he said as the shuttle's ramp slid shut and it began to rise.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Medbay, Metroplex
Watching the paramedic approach with the welding iron triggered a flash of memory briefly and Hound's left hand began curling responsively into a fist for a fraction of a second before Artfire spoke to him. With the new auditory data influx and the mismatch to the stored memory, instantly the flash was blocked and he relaxed and chuckled quietly in response to the humour. "Didn't know that you were Artfire, but I'll take your word for it."

He continued to watch Artfire work, but Hound wasn't watching the work itself. The scout's attention was fixed on Artfire's face. He didn't know the other Autobot too well, and he wasn't able to bring up much data on him. Instead, the scout was responding to decades of training, subconsciously taking in the movements, facial expressions and techniques that Artfire was performing and displaying, and categorically memorizing them.
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

Skystalker replied silently to Gigatron. He travelled back to where he had left his transformed shuttle. As he arrived, it transformed once more to it's shuttle form.

After conducting a few pre-flight checks, he blasted off into the sky to redesvouz with the Warworld.

Once he reached space, he sent a comm to Gigatron.

"Will rendesvouz with the Warworld. Will await your arrival, Lord."
Elcor
Protoform

Metroplex medbay:

Post by Elcor »

Kickback realised that no-one was going to answer the questions where Metroplex had been going. Saying good-bye (inwardly) to the cache of Energon left on molten island, he busied himself with tasks more mundane.

"You want me to go in there?" - he asked, pionting at the CR chamber which looked unsafe for him, if not openly dangerous. But, seeing the look that Skyfall gave him, the Insecticon realised he had no alternative. "OK! I will!"

He got into the chamber and waited as the lid closed and the regenerative process started.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

----------Metroplex Shuttlebay-----------
"Beneath you!"Rosdos replied Joyride's call from the storage room beneath the shuttle bay. Then he looked down at han injury on his legs."Why don't Vector Sigma give me a fire proof"
Brave Maximus

Cuba - Metroplex

Post by Brave Maximus »

Skyfall Omega tapped in the commands to start the regerneration cycle, but also set the chamber to either not-repair any offensive systems or disable them.

Next, he tapped in a security code and the lid locked itself down. Satisfied that the Insecticon would be safe for the moment, he found the nearest seat and sat down.

Starlight flew up and started looking at Fastlane's optics, shaking her head. Within moments, the minicons had her repair kit out and began the slow process of repairing the delecate neuro circutry.

At the same time, Ark and Nemesis pulled out their repair kits and began working on Fastlane's arm and leg on the opposite side of First Aid.
verytired

Cuba

Post by verytired »

Cosmos soared over the city, his scanners now adapted to the smoke and heat below; there wasn't much left of the area now, and little chance of life being left. But even million to one chances happen, and Cosmos knew he should do all he could, search all he could, so as not to squander someone elses miracle.

Quebec, to Autobase
Sizzle replied to Camshaft for the group.
"They love us, and I'm bored as hell. How'd you fare? Any excitement?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Shuttle Weehawken:

Prime and Ironhide: -take their seats-

Ironhide: "We're prob'ly gonna have ta scrap this shuttle." -armrest falls off his seat- "Not that'd be any big loss...."

Prime: -looks over at Smokescreen- "ETA to Autobase?" -looks over at Prowl- "What's our comm status?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Metroplex

Artfire welded for a few minutes longer, although he was a bit...creeped out by the way Hound seemed to be committing his every move and expression to memory.

"There we go," he said at last. "Good as new."

Shuttle Weehawken

Smokescreen consulted his instruments for a moment.

"About fifteen minutes, Prime." He checked some more gauges, frowning. "Well, assuming this scow doesn't fall out of the sky before we get there, anyway..."
Scout

Post by Scout »

Bikini Atoll
ATTN: ALL AUTOBOTS
PRIORITY CLASS 1, VERFICIATION 60920057exe.PRAXIS
PREPARE FOR IMMEDIATE WITHDRAWL FROM EARTH WITHIN THE NEXT 120 EARTHEN MINUTES. DESTINATION: MOON. FORTHCOMING TASK: ALL HOSTILITIES ARE TO CEASE IMMEDIATELY AGAINST DECEPTICONS. ALLIANCE IS NOW IN EFFECT FOR PLANS TO RETAKE CYBERTRON.

"Communications are open Prime. Sending briefing code data over all Autobot frequencies and requesting decontamination units."
Prowl sat tensed at the security console. He expected the rest of the Autobots to simply obey the commands given, but he was preparing arguments and procedures for any objections that might arise. He was also accounting for the numbers of artillary weapons and supplies that they would require when they did leave.

---------------

Metroplex
First Aid handed a guiding tool for soldering tiny connections to Ark and glanced up. Satisfied that Kickback was safely locked into the CR chamber, he moved to the residual connection damage to the neurologic optic motor controls. Using tiny taps with a testing device, he located a nick in a wire and quickly patched it.
The repairs were going well, much faster than he had anticipated because of the help from the minicons. He glanced over momentarily to see how Artfire was progressing, but was puzzled by the change in the dynamics. Both look like they're uncomfortable. Strange.
He went back to his own repairs, but radioed over his internal frequency.
"Everything okay, Artfire?"

Good as new.
Hound dropped his gaze to the repair work, then nodded slowly. He was impressed with the patch- there wasn't a trace of the damage. The scout replied in a grateful, but subdued tone.
"Thanks Artfire." He paused as he slid off the table - glancing briefly at the thickness of the damaged plating that had been removed. "The repair looks great."
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Quebec

Camshaft was going to reply to Sizzle when they received Prowl's message.

" Do you want excitement buddy? " Camshaft smiled in his vehicle mode " very well Sizzle, we're going to retake Cybertron! "

( occ: better jump to Autobase thread )

---

Metroplex Bridge

" No Red ", replied Magnus to Red Alert. " I don't need you right now in the bridge. You can take charge of the captured decepticons, I'm sure you're wishing to do that. Ah Red, one more thing: I want to know everything about the decepticon prescence inside Metroplex. You can use any mean you consider necessary but remember, we're in truce now. Understood?"
Brave Maximus

Cuba - Metroplex

Post by Brave Maximus »

Skyfall cocked his eyebrow at Prowl's message. It was strange to go along with the message he recived earlier.

lifting his head up, he looked around:

"We obviously cannot leave with out helping these humans first."
X-Bot
Protoform

Post by X-Bot »

Shuttlebay, Metroplex

Joyride kneeled on one knee and extended his hand to the injured Rosdos, who was hiding in a storage bay.

"There you are," Joyride said relieved that Rosdos wasn't off-line. "Now grab on and I'll get you to the Medbay,"

As he waited to pull Rosdos out, a message from Prime flashed in his optic visor stating that all hostilities against Decepticons were to cease and to prepare to leave Earth.

What's going on here?, he thought to himself.
"One shall stand. One shall fall." -
Optimus Prime
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Metroplex

"Just doing my job," Artfire told Hound, his voice as friendly as he could make it.

Over his internal comm, he replied to First Aid. "I'm fine," he told the Protectobot. "Of course, I'm not the one who just had his home destroyed by our new 'allies'."

Corridors, Metroplex

Yeah. Truce. Right. Sounds like a Decepticon ploy to me.

Red Alert scowled, but didn't raise any objections. The message from Prowl seemed to check out, with all the horribly-complex security-check data he'd designed in the right places.

Or not, he conceded silently. Makes sense, I guess. I hope we know what we're getting into, though...

"I read you Magnus," he replied after taking a few seconds to deal with the bad taste that the truce left in his mouth. "Don't worry...if I have to resort to...unorthodox interrogation methods, I'll make sure not to leave any marks. Threats are usually enough to make captive Decepticons talk, though."

Walking into the brig, the security chief turned his fearsome glare upon Darkwing and Dreadwind.

"You two. Tell me exactly what you were doing in Cuba and we'll turn you over to your fellow Decepticons in a few hours. Or don't, and I'll have you shot and throw your bodies out of a hatch over the Atlantic."

Magnus should really know better than to give me a free hand on these things, he thought while trying not to smile.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Metroplex
Hound glanced around the medbay, noting everyone and those who weren't there. Then the radio call came through notifying everyone of the alliance. Frowning, he headed for the door, but was surprised when a followup call came through on his internal radio.
First Aid continued working while he listened to Artfire. "The humans still have a planet and their kind to look after them, Artfire. You and the others saved a lot of physical lives today. Eventually over time, if the fighting spirit isn't broken- the mental side will recover."

The medic paused to focus momentarily on a delicate switching wire, then continued.

"You're good with both of your abilities, but helping friends directly is more rewarding as time and events permit. I hope you'll spend more time in here."

Shuttle: en route
Prowl continued to take care of issues as they traveled. Preparations, and plans.

Over his internal radio, he called Hound.
The response came back with a cold tone.
"Hound reporting, confirm log 546.2 Prowl. I hear you."

The strategist was confused by the formality which he had nearly grown accustomed to not hearing from the other Autobots. "Speak at ease. Trouble?"

"Received your message. *pause* Prowl, this mess in Cuba - Leozak said it was because I interfered."

"Illogical Hound. The amount of disturbance and the progression and advanced stage of the disaster clearly indicates it was in progress before you and Sky Lynx were dispatched."

"Even if that's the case, after everything else Prowl, I'm unfit for duty. Failure to assess the Ark. Failure to monitor Breastforce. Failure to monitor Metrotitan. Second failure to monitor Breastforce. Failure to maintain professional field standards. Failure in protecting those under command. Failure to maintain Autobot standards and protocol. Failure to protect the hu-“"

“Enough.” Prowl interrupted unexpectedly. “You’ve done everything your specific duty requires of you, and more. You are however, unfit for duty.” Prowl continued immediately. “If you’ve ever had any, you’ve never revealed any self-doubts about your abilities since you joined the faction. This change now, is not acceptable.

Doubts cause accidents and accidents result in termination. I know this to be the truth from personal experience. If it’s Cuba that is your concern, logically there was little else you could have done. The Decepticons were already in the process of wiping out that island even before your arrival. If you hadn’t been there, only about a fifth of that island’s population would have survived by the time Metroplex arrived. You’ve acted to the best of your ability and as field conditions demanded, and have not been successful in some aspects and missions. That is not your responsibility, it is mine, and it is my failure just as the fatalities and destruction that have occurred within our walls are. But the end result is that action must be taken. Any action results in consequences whether positive or negative. Inaction during war results in far worse.”
Elcor
Protoform

Metroplex medbay:

Post by Elcor »

The lights on the secure CR chamber where Kickback was being kept steadied their blinking, indicating that the repair process was about to finish.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!