[Original RPG] Redemption: The Hammer Falls (Cybertron orbit)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Sunstorm followed Thunderwing out of the atmosphere, leaking even more radiation then before. The seeker pushed his thrusters as hard as he could, and fired some tracer missles, mainly as a distraction to slow down his foe.
verytired

Post by verytired »

Warworld Engineering:
Frenzy cussed at the ground and at Tracer as he was carried like so much baggage.

Rumble, seeing Astrotrain take on Afterburner, decided on the better part of valour. He was, after all, damaged and of no effect against the engineer, so he didn't think the commander would object if he decided to-
"RUN!"

Tyrant
Jhuram, pinned to the floor by Weirdwolf, struggled, strained and spat at his attacker like a rabid dog...

Steelhaven
Fizzle watched the monitors as the ship descended: alarms rang and lights came on when two ships, one in pursuit of the other, came hairing on to his screen:
"What Now?!"

Space
Thunderwing watched in panic as Sunstorm inexorably caught up with him: Thunderwing was also worried that e needn't fear the seekers weaponry so much as the nuclear engine on overheat that was propelling him:
He Transformed, momentum still sending him outward, and hailed his pursuer.
"Sunstorm, wait! Hear me out!"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Corridors, Warworld

Following Astrotrain's orders to have the enemies pinned up, Tracer had exited Engineering and begun work at a computer panel, programing the security system to seal off the room to keep anyone from getting in or out. This meant his commander would also still be in there too, and in the event he needed a quick exit, Tracer wanted to be ready to do so.

He had an alterior motive as well, though. As much as he was enjoying being stuck at a consol for his current lower-commander role, he could imagine Astrotrain's job was probably a lot worse, and Tracer wasn't keen on the idea of a battlefield promotion. He wanted to be sure Astrotrain was still around to take back his own desk...

Carrying Frenzy as he was, that made for a slow task, as that left Tracer only one free hand to opperate the panel with, and it slowed even further with the cassetticon's complaints. Had he been capable of it, Tracer would have rolled his optics as he listened.

"You know, I could put you back where I found you," Tracer warned to Frenzy as he worked. "You could spend some more quality time with your friends while praying that Astrotrain circles back and actually spots you while he makes his escape..."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Engineering, Warworld

"Your betrayal won't go unpunished, Afterburner," Astrotrain fired toward the engineer's cover, trying to keep him pinned down until the wounded Rumble could get to safety.

"Betrayal?" Afterburner scoffed. "Betrayal? This is no mere betrayal, my dear admiral. It was an expert display of infiltration, subterfuge, trickery and espionage. You and your foolish confederates had no idea that you were actually building this warship for the Empire. You had no idea that you were actually going to war for the Empire. And now that you have struck down the Quintessons, our greatest rivals for power in the region, those few of you who we find worthy will be given the chance to continue serving at the pleasure of the Liege Maximo."

"Oh, really." Astrotrain's voice was starkly contemptuous. "Forgive us if we aren't suitably gracious."

Afterburner took a firm grip on the console he was using as cover. "Your gratitude means nothing to us, Admiral. You won't have the option of joining us. Rather, your laser-riddled carcass will serve as a warning to anyone else foolish enough to defy the Empire!" With that, he vaulted over the console, firing radar blasts at the Triplechanger. Astrotrain stumbled back and fell to the ground, hit with a half-dozen shots. He closed to range to finish off the other Decepticon, but was distracted by a shrill alarm that started to ring throughout the entire ship.

"Auto-destruct sequence engaged. Engines building toward overload. All hands abandon ship."

"What perfidy is this?" the engineer demanded furiously. "I'll-"

His rant was cut short when Astrotrain vaulted at him, swinging the butt of his rifle at the engineer's face. It connected with a resounding crack, shattering Afterburner's T-shaped optic band and dropping him to the ground like an escape pod in a gravity well.

The admiral took a moment to admire his handiwork, then stepped away from Afterburner and activated his comlink.

"Soundwave, what the Pit did you do?"

Bridge, Warworld

Security monitors indicate four dozen unidentified soldiers aboard the Warworld. Soundwave would have been scowling had he been in robot mode. One must presume these are all Imperials. Likewise we have to assume that Afterburner has turned the drone crews against us. We are outmanned and outgunned. An evacuation is our only option.

Directly connected to the Warworld's control systems, Soundwave could see exactly what the Imperial crew who had taken the bridge were doing. They are gridding Cybertron's major cities for an orbital bombardment. Obviously, we cannot leave them in control of the Warworld either. That leaves me with only one choice.

Soundwave quickly sent a series of commands to the Warworld's main computer. Only moments after they were processed, the high-pitched self-destruct sirens started to blare.

"What in the name of the Hub is going on?" the Imperial officer in charge of the bridge demanded.

"This." Soundwave transformed, leaping from his place at the communications station and firing his shoulder cannon point-blank into the officer's chest. Micromissiles fired from all six firing chambers, tearing a head-sized hole in the enemy leader. The communications officer didn't wait to see how the other Imperials would react, spraying fire from his concussion blaster throughout the room as he dashed toward the emergency ladderwell. Kicking in open, he dove in feet-first and fell toward the bowels of the ship.

As the sounds of the stunned bridge crew faded into the distance, he answered Astrotrain. "The only thing I could do, Admiral." Although he kept his voice level, his disgust with the security breach was evident. "The Imperials have the bridge. We are outgunned and outnumbered. We cannot defend the ship and we cannot leave it in enemy hands. I am fleeing. I suggest you do the same."
tahukanuva

Post by tahukanuva »

Sunstorm transformed, flipping backwards to lose some forward momentum as he did, "I'll hear thee out, but I doubt it will convince me not to vaporize thee right now," he growled at Thunderwing, his appearance all the more menacing due to the random glowing patches where radiation was leaking out.
verytired

Post by verytired »

Thunderwing was sweating oil as Sunstorm approached him: even in the cold vacumn of space, he could feel the heat coming off him after his full burn.
"Can't you see? Who have I harmed with my actions? Autobots, Sunstorm, Autobots! The Autobot leader, the thorn in our leaders side for so long! With the Peacebringers bearing down on them, there's no way they can save their precious leader, and when we have used the Autobots in this retake... They'll be ripe for the plucking!"
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Steelhaven

Backstreet jumped on his seat as Sunstorm and Thunderwing passed at high speed above - and too near - the Steelhaven's main screen.

" WHOA! Did you see them!? " asked Backstreet, manning the venerable ship towards Cybertron.

---

Tyrant

Punch, crawling on the bridge's floor trying to not being sucked to the cold void of space, slowly moved towards a console and got up.

" Sorry Weirdwolf... come again?" he said, while smashing an emergency button that activated the bridge's main viewport security locks - some metal panels that slided on the windows, isolating the bridge from the void-.

" Yeah, I didn't understand his last order too, Autobot scum... "
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tyrant

Weirdwolf growled as his claws poised on Jhuram#s neck.

"Reflector check on yes, to medical bay take yes necessary if."
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Tyrant: Bridge

Reflector laid twitching on the bridge floor, unconscious and leaking profusely.
verytired

Steelhaven

Post by verytired »

Fizzle watched as the pair soared along the spaceways then stopped short... seemingly to have a chat.
"Forget them," he said bitterly, waving at the screens showing Thunderwing and Sunstorm dismissively: "We have to secure those Quintesson escape pods: some are already breaching the atmosphere over Iacon. Runabout, do it!"

Grumbling and angry, the battlecharger ignited the Tractor beam and started to catch as many escape pods in as wide a beam as possible: he wasn't gentle, and anyone watching closely sould see that he was trying to shake some of the pods like champagne bottles as he did o.

Fizzle was watching.

Tyrant:
Jhuram continued to struggle, even against the jaws of Weirdwolf: all his chances of survival were gone, and his frustration at his ineffectuality against his attacker was clouding his brain, making it blood red...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Warworld, Engineering:

Ravage: -scowls, padding towards Afterburner- "Request permission to rip the Imperial's throat out, Astrotrain." -lips curling, baring his fangs- "Unless, of course, you wish to make a gift of him to Gigatron."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
tahukanuva

Post by tahukanuva »

Sunstorm glared daggers at Thunderwing, "Indeed. But you still attempted to sabotage Primus' grand plan for the reclamation, and for that, there must be punishment," the seeker practically hissed the last part, lightning crackling from wingtip to arm, between hands, arcing down his blasters...
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Corridors, Warworld

When the destruction warnings sounding throughout Warworld, Tracer abandoned his original task, almost seeming to be growing disgusted with how the situation kept compounding.

"Whoever is resposible for all of this is going to regret it," Tracer said alound in an angered tone. Making sure the door was still open should Astrotrain need to escape through there, Tracer made his way towards the escape pods with Frenzy still in tow.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Engineering, Warworld

Astrotrain nodded to Ravage. "No reason not t-"

He broke off suddenly and dove behind a bulkhead as he caught sight of a squad of green and grey troops charging into the room. The triplechanger returned fire, dropping one of them with an ion barrage before he started to retreat down a side corridor.

"Fall back, Ravage," he said, the words turning to ash in his mouth. "We're leaving."

Corridors, Warworld

Soundwave flew feet-first out of the ladderwell, landing heavily on the deck plating. He cut down a pair of nearby drones with his concussion blaster, then charged full-tilt toward the nearest escape pod bay.

Bridge, Warworld

Second-generation Decepticons with little idea of how the Warworld's systems were run dashed from one console to the next, trying to deactivate the self-destruct systems.
verytired

Post by verytired »

Warworld Corrdiors
Frenzy, dangling from Tracers grip on his waist like a piece of baggage, was apoplectic with rage: eyes srewed up in frustration, he vowed that when he got to a CR chamber, he would request an upgrade for sure.
At least so I'm no longer the Transformer equivalent of 3 feet high!

Rumble nearly tumbled through the door, and spotted Tracer making his way to the Escape pods with his bro'.
"Hey, wait up!"

Space
Watching the power arc along Sunstorms arms ready for attack, Thunderwing redoubled his efforts to placate his pursuer.
"Sunstorm, the reclamation continues apace: Iacon is almost won! but if Prime lives, then we have the same story as always: two factions once united descending into aggresion an all out war! With Prime dead, the Autobots will be in dissarray, leaving the Decepticons in a position sieze power! Cybertron can be united uner the Badge of Domination, bring peace to the Universe! Peace, Through Tyranny!"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Warworld, Engineering:

Ravage: -scowling, ears folded back and he backs up, turning and pelting down the side corridor after Astrotrain, the large canisters beneath the proton blasters dropping away, starting to bleep as they roll across the decking in opposite directions as he zips through the corridor entrance-
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Engineering, Warworld

Afterburner rose slowly off the ground, shaking his head slowly, trying to make the ringing in his audio sensors go away. It did, but a rhythmic beeping rose to fill the void. The engineer's optic band widened in shock as he saw the source of the sounds.

"Bombs!"

Several of the green and grey soldiers in the room dove for cover, mimicking their commander. However, two of them threw themselves atop one of the proton bombs, and three dove at the other. All five were vapourized in the ensuing blasts.

Afterburner dusted himself off, stepped away from a bank of consoles that had been torn to shreds by the explosions, and found a control panel that still worked. He set to work trying to deactivate the self-destruct, grumbling about incompetent underlings all the while.

Corridors, Warworld

Soundwave literally threw himself into the first escape pod he came across, punching the LAUNCH button before he had even finished strapping in.

Astrotrain ran full tilt toward the nearest airlock.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tyrant

Weirdwolf clawed at the struggling quintesson.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Corridors, Warworld

Tracer caught sight of Rumble, but he didn't slow his pace any as he kept running down the corridors towards the escape pods. it wasn't far now...

"Get moving or you'll get to go up with the rest of this place!" Tracer called out in warning to Rumble.
verytired

Post by verytired »

Rumble redoubled his efforts, and ran faster than he thought his small stature would ever have allowed: he was painfully close now, but Tracer was almost in the Pod!
"Wait! dammit, your frikkin carrying him-"
Frenzy, taking a moment out from his incessant nagging, put his thumb to his nose and waggled his fingers as he blew a raspberry at his brother.

Steelhaven
"Ignore them! What ever's happening Backstreet, we have to get to the surface: destination, Vector Sigma. Above all else, we must ensure we have reclaimed the hallowed ground."

Fizzle boradcasted a message over a universal frequency set up byt the Alliance to the forces in Vector Sigma:
"The is Commander Fizzle of the Steelhaven, making a descent into Cybertronian Airspace, requesting a Sit Rep from all forces who are able to do so, Over."