[Original RPG] Collapse: Imperium (Polyhex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Lower Levels, Darkmount

Rage looked down at Bomb-Burst with thinly-veiled contempt. Once the solder who had tossed Starscream over his shoulder had caught up with them, Rage started to stalk off in the general direction of the medical wing.

"Follow me. If you try to escape, I'll have to kill you."

His tone didn't carry any inflection to indicate whether he was joking, warning, threatening or hoping.

Medbay, Darkmount

Buzzsaw answered Laserbeak's sidelong glance with one of his own.

"This isn't good," he said to the other bird over a scrambled comm channel. "Should we inform Soundwave, or investigate things on our own first?"

"Frag you," Gravel said to Glit. He spat a mouthful of oil at the surgeon.

Service Entrance, Darkmount

Ripsaw nodded. "Got it, sir. I'll distribute the images to my men and see if we can find the intruders."

One of the guards thought he saw someone he recognized from the photos, and headed toward Blockhouse.

"You there! Show your ID badge!"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Darkmount

Bastion, Bulwark and Stronghold jogged along the Corridor looking for the cell blocks.

Rampart, Parapet , Buttress and Dug Out headed for the Medical facilities in case there target was being kept there.

~*~

Blockhouse snapped to attention and flashed the ID he'd taken from the dead guard at his questioner.

"Cannonfodder Sir , how can I be of assistance."

He clicked his heels together and came to attention.

~*~

Bunker crouched low in the get-away vehicle

He opened a secure , scrambled, frequency hopping, coded link to Bastion.

"looks like they're on to us , from the response level and timing , I think they knew something was up , probably got picked up on some kind of monitoring system."

~*#

Bastion looked thoughtful

"Dug-Out find an electrical access panel and do your stuff, we don't want them following our every move."

The group picked up the pace jogging along the corridor until they spotted a service technician kneeling next to an open access panel.

Swarming forward they disabled him and then Dug Out set to work with his tools trying to take down the surveillance system
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Lower Levels, Darkmount

Bomb-Burst followed Rage without any hesitation or any appearance of fear. His pain receptors were going off in waves of searing pain in his energon converter. He needed fuel, and he wasn't sure how much longer he could hold his primal instinct to feed back from lashing out.

The corridor seemed to go on and on for a megacycle or more. Bomb-Burst felt his instinct to survive coming on stronger and stronger, taking over his core programming. The lights in the corridors began to flicker more and more until they went out completely, and in the cold darkness Bomb-Burst lunged with his fangs bared and his claws poised to attack the closest one of Rage's goons........

Medbay, Darkmount

Glit wiped the oil of his face with a feline paw and hung his head a little. He hadn't wanted it to go this way, the old bot was friends with this bartender at one point in time, however his loyalty to Megatron would come first now. Without saying a word Glit quickly retrieved his EMP generator and blasted Gravel with it, sending his core consciousness safely offline.

"Why is there suddenly a transformation cog shortage in Darkmount? Nevermind, Starfall can you go to the brig and bring me Blast Off and Bombshell, preferably in stasis. Use these old Autorooper stasis cuffs. We'll make use of their transformation cogs for the time being, until we can salvage some parts from the casualties.", Glit said as he tossed two pairs of stasis cuffs towards Starfall.

Glit walked over to the CR chamber and made a quick scan of Tinker with his diagnostic lens. Tinker appeared to have not suffered any major damage, and the CR chamber seemed fully capable of repairing him without any needed help.

"I still prefer to do things the old fashoined way...."

Glit walked over to Gravel and began the process of removing his energon converter........
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Darkmount

Laserbeak looked at Buzzsaw, "I'll inform Soundwave, you go investigate if you want." the Cassettecon gave a innocent-looking grin, before continuing, "Of course, we could do both at the same time."

He cocked his head at Bombshock and said, "Rest, soldier. And relax. I'll extract a few data from your head. Don't panic... this won't hurt a bit." Laserbeak hopped onto Bombshock's shoulder, and from his beak extended a bunch of wires, which plugged into the ex-Micromaster's cranial module, and extracted the data on what happened in Kaon.

The Cassettecon disengaged, then fluttered beside Buzzsaw. "So, what do you want to do?"

Starfall caught the stasis cuffs and nodded. She turned and soon entered the brig. Gesturing to Skyjack and Ramjet, she deactivated the energon bars to Bombshell's cell and approached the Insecticon. "Up. I'm taking you on a trip to the medbay."

"Ah, how nice to be noticed. I'm being interrogated, ain't I? Who's it? Laserbeak? Beastbox?" Bombshell said, not even bothering to try to attack, not with Skyjack and Ramjet around.

"No, really. The medbay." Starfall attached a pair of cuffs to Bombshell's wrists, and pulled the Insecticon by his wrists out of the cell. She turned to Blast Off's cell...

(OOC: @ grimkuz, if you want Blast Off to break out, do it now but I won't guarantee he'll not be gunned down. Otherwise he'll go to the medbay to have his transformation cog temporarily removed. :) )
Chip1123
Protoform

Lower Levels, Darkmount

Post by Chip1123 »

Clench had followed along with Rage and his squad, but had noticed the lights start flickering, like how they had earlier. He knew something was about to happen, and readied himself, as best as he could. The lights went out completely, and Clench thre himself to the floor, not wanting to be hit by and shots, friendly or otherwise.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Lower Levels, Darkmount

The guard that Bomb-Burst had vaulted at screamed, a shrill sound that carried down the hall for hundreds of meters.

Rage narrowed his optic band in a fair approximation of a scowl, switched his vision over from the visual spectrum into infrared and tried to rabbit-punch the lunging Bomb-Burst in the back of the neck.

"Clench," he barked, "if you want to prove yourself, assist me."

Medbay, Darkmount

"The last thing I plan on doing is going into Kaon alone," Buzzsaw told Laserbeak. "If we go, we'll need to go in force. Besides, one of us needs to stay here and keep an optic on the procedure."

(OOC: You won't be able to find Soundwave very easily.)

The guard -- Rakescar by name -- frowned as Blockhouse flashed the ID badge so quickly that he could barely see the holopicture of its owner.

"Sure you are, buddy."

The guard went for his sidearm.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Service Entrance Darkmount

Blockhouse threw the mono filament edged clip board at one of the other guards frisbee style hoping to decapitate him.

With his other hand he grabbed at Rakescar's arm with his claw hoping to catch it and sever the limb.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The second guard -- who called himself Deathspade -- deftly sliced the clipboard in two with his energo-axe and started to advance on Blockhouse.

Rakescar fell to the ground, clutching his truncated arm and screaming like a banshee.
grimkuz
Protoform

Post by grimkuz »

brig
POOSH! The bomb smashed causing smoke to fill the whole room, YES now to escape!then his vision started getting blurry, as the enrgon bars disinticrated he collapsed maybe it wqas too powerful blast off thought to himself " LISTEN IF ANYONE CAN HEAR THIS,IM SURRENDERING, TAKE MY COG IF YOU MUST BUT LEAVE ME AS A BOT WHOM CAN ATLEAST MAKE RIGHT WHAT HE HAS DONE, THATS ALL I WANT!" he yelled into the empty gas space, and then he collapsed. [
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Lower Levels, Darkmount

As Bomb-Burst grabbed a hold of the guard he sunk his fangs deep into his energon converter valve on his neck, he began to drink long and heavy gulps of fuel as the guard screamed in the darkness. Bomb-Burst felt a stinging punch to the back of his neck that jarred him forward making him let loose of the guard, who was already rusting from Bomb-Burst's talons being dug deep into his armor plating.

Normally Bomb-Burst would turn and fight, or perhaps even flee given the situation, but his programming was being overridden by a insatiable hunger, his pretender shell was absorbing energy at such an accelerated rate he had no choice but to succumb to his base survival instinct protocols.

Shrugging off the pain from Rage's punch he lunged for the guard again, fangs bared in a berserker rage of hunger, fuel flinging all over the corridors, and in the darkness all that could be heard besides the screams of the guard were Bomb-Burst yelling... "Mussssst Feeeeed!!"

Medbay, Darkmount

Glit continued to work at removing Gravel's energon converter while quietly listening to his avian counterparts discuss the recent events. Glit was as curious as any other soldier as to what was goign on, but he knew that the best way he could serve Megatron right now was to continue his work in this operation of Technomancy.

Glit wiped clean the energon converter after extracting it from Gravel's body. He placed it on the work table and began making the required adjustments to reroute Gravel's energon absorption facilities.

"A bot that has no military career can function just fine behind a bar with minimal energon flow, this adjustment should work fine for old Gravel"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Service Entrance Darkmount

Bunker took careful aim at Ripsaw from the concealment of his heavy hover truck and fired.

Blockhouse transformed into Scorpion mode and scuttled forward claws snapping and stinger raised.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Medbay, Darkmount

Laserbeak said without hesitation, "I volunteer to stay here." he let his beak hang down in a smile. "What?" he asked. "Someone had to take care of the operations. Then again, there's the way to watch something without needing to step out of our comfy abode. Here, let me share what's in Bombshock's mind with you."

The camera slid out of Laserbeak's forehead, and a projection of the memories appeared on a wall. They arrive in Kaon... Ransack, Blackjack, Roadblock, Detour and stuff arrive... There's a square... an attack... they mow down the enemy... Kolkular...

(OOC: Laserbeak's reviewing the Detente: Kaon storyline seen through Bombshock's eyes, and is showing it like an LCD Projector.)

Brig, Darkmount

Starfall nodded. "Wise choice. Ramjet, Skyjack, more prisoners should be arriving shortly. Make sure they are... settled in." Starfall approached Blast Off and placed the stasis cuffs on the unconscious Combaticon, not wanting to take any chances.

"Let's go." Starfall said, dragging Blast Off with one hand. Bombshell trudged along sombrely, like a man being led to the gallows.

They entered the medbay, and Starfall said, "Glit? Bombshell and Blast Off, in not-so-mint condition. Blast Off has surrendered peacefully, and he agrees... sort of... to have his cog removed, as long as he's given a second chance."

Bombshell's optics brightened. "Me too! Me too! I surrender and all that stuff!"

Laserbeak shot the Insecticon with a burning glare (literally), disrupting the Kaon video slightly before said, "Right. When have we heard that before?" Laserbeak grinned, and cocked his head sideways. "You know, you and I... we need a long, long talk. And we don't need you in one full piece." turning back to Buzzsaw, Laserbeak said, "Come on, Buzzsaw. I need to interrogate Bombshell, obtain information and all that."

Tinker stumbled out of the CR Chamber, woozy from the treatment time. Need to work on the tranqs... Tinker said, feeling his broken cockpit. It could easily be replaced by the spare parts from the dead Seekers around. He stumbled over to Glit. "What can I help?"
Selkadoom

Medbay, Darkmount

Post by Selkadoom »

Hightower had just finished making all the repairs to Bombshock with the exception of the transformation cog and sighed, while wating for one he turned and noticed Tinker wander over to Glit then turned to Bombshock.

"Alright Bombshock your mostly patched up just need a new cog."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Lower Levels, Darkmount

"There are more things than just Autobots to cause us trouble," Tracer answered to Astrotrain, still keeping his voice low for the somewhat private conversation with the other mech. "The whole situation still doesn't add up to me, we should have heard something by now. It sets me on edge to go digging for what that is, especially in light of the security breeches here."
lordseeker
Protoform

brig,darkmount

Post by lordseeker »

as ramjet nodded to starfall he whispered to himself "damn. i was never meant for guard duties i was made for bashing metal!" as he looked to the side and starred at skyjack whom he didn't like in the first place
What's crackin mah little bitches?-Jazz
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Lower Levels, Darkmount

Showing a distinct lack of concern for his soldier's safety, Rage simply drew his acid cannon and fired a stream of corrosive liquid at the Pretender's back.

"If I have to burn the shell off of you, Bomb-Burst, I'll do it and I'll laugh."

The soldier that the Pretender was feeding on just lay where he was, twitching every so often but not moving otherwise. Rage couldn't have cared less.

"What do you suggest?" Astrotrain asked Tracer. "It sounds like you've given this some thought."

The admiral started to walk back toward the elevator.

Duty calls...

Medbay, Darkmount

"I don't like the looks of that," Buzzsaw told Laserbeak, "but there's not much we can do right now. I'm not going to Kaon all by myself to investigate, and we don't have any troops to spare."

And even if we did, he thought, it's not as if we could order them around anyway...

Hearing his comrade's excitement at the prospect of interrogating Bombshell, Buzzsaw shrugged. "Enjoy yourself," he said diffidently.

Bunker's shots hit Ripsaw in the head and he fell to the ground with a smoking hole where his face used to be.

Deathspade leaped at Blockhouse, swinging his axe down in what would be a killing blow if it landed.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Lower Levels, Darkmount

Bomb-Burst felt something hot and liquid burning into his pretender shell, his pain receptors were going off all over the place, his core consciousness registered the pain in alarming waves that snapped him out of his hunger induced frenzy. Bomb-Burst was lucky that his pretender shell itself was highly acidic and caused a rust corrosion to anything that touched it, for this very reason his spark was saved from what would have certainly taken many other bots offline completely. But there was no mistaking it, he was hurt, and hurt badly.

He leaped into the air with one desperate attempt to get out of the acid blast, and turned midair to face Rage as he pulled his Slime rifle out of subspace and fired a blast of slime at Rage, hoping to incapacitate him long enough to either explain the situation, or escape.....

Medbay, Darkmount

Glit walked over to Blast Off and scanned him head to toe again to make sure everything he needed was in good condition. The transformation cog seemed to be in perfect shape, and the bot suffered some additional damage from some unknown source, from the looks of it some sort of explosion. Glit pulled his EMP generator out and sent a pulse of energy at Blast Off, effectively taking him offline for the surgery that was about to commence.

"Tinker, you can remove the transformation cog from Bombshell and install it in Bombshock once you have it extracted. Just feed him this and his core consciousness will go offline for the procedure.", Glit said as he handed Tinker what looked like a small energon goodie.

Glit then walked over to the offline Blast Off and began the process of extracting the combiner's transformation cog, the last piece of the puzzle to finally get the Constructicons back online and running. His laser scalpel sprang to life and within cycles he had sliced through his back and removed the cog. Glit also made a few minor repairs to Blast Off, mostly to make sure he did not go completely offline as the bot still was suffering from much damage,and Astrotrain had intended to interrogate him at some point.

Glit took the Transformation cog to the work table and sat it beside of the energon converter. Now all he had to do was install these parts and the body would be completely operational. However, Glit knew he would need a helping hand installing the energon converter. After he soldered the transformation cog into place and secured the armor plating on Hook's back he looked over to Hightower....

"Can you lend a servo please?", he said to Hightower motioning him to come over to the operating table.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Medbay, Darkmount

"Okay, Buzzy. Here, let me forward you the Kaon stuff I picked up from Bombshock so you can review them." Laserbeak said, and in a brief moment, the avian Cassettecon sent the data he downloaded from Bombshock to his fellow Cassettecon.

Tinker walked over to Bombshell, and looked him over, and smiled. "I remember you. You took control of my mind once." Tinker's left arm morphed into a circular buzzsaw. "Don't worry, I'm a trained medic." Tinker said, as he received the energon goodie-like thing from Glit.

"WAIT! I... I... I want my lawyer!"

Tinker pondered the problem for a while, figuring out how to feed Bombshell when the Insecticon's robot mode had no visible mouth. Tinker finally placed it in his syringe, and with one swift move, injected the contents of the chemical into Bombshell's systems. The Insecticon started to protest, but he fell on his knees, offline.

Tinker started working, using his buzzsaw to slice through Bombshell's back, working his way into Bombshell's core and removing his transformation cog. After Tinker hastily sewed up the Insecticon, Laserbeak perched on the Insecticon's horn. "Thank you. Do any of you mind if I interrogate him here?"

Tinker shrugged, striding across the room to Bombshock. "Hey, Glit, you got any more of those goodie-like things?"
Selkadoom

Medbay, Darkmount

Post by Selkadoom »

"Huh, oh sure Glit. Tinker can finish off the repairs" said Hightower

As Tinker approached Bombshock looked at him and said "Don't bother putting me down I can take it" and rolled over
Chip1123
Protoform

Lower Levels, Darkmount

Post by Chip1123 »

I am seriously going to regret this... Clench thought to himself in regards to Rage's request. That being said, Clench spring up from the ground and jumped in between the blast from Bomb-Burst and Rage, taking it on his left shoulder and arm. "AAAAAHHH!" Clench roared in pain. "That slagging burns." Clench hissed, the top layer of armor melted away, exposing delicate circuitry underneath.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!