[Original RPG] Collapse: In the Presence of my Enemies (Protihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Airazor

Post by Airazor »

Templar Heights

Jackpot: "Luck is my specialty, Pounce." -shoots Pointblank a big smile, opens a commlink to the Steelhaven- "Cerebros, you have any mortars or artillery on that ship? We kind of need them."

Blurr: "I suggest you do as he says, Chase. Shockwave isn't one for jokes."

Haywire: "Blurr? That's-"

Blurr: -squints at Freeway- "Sorry, Goldbug. I thought you were someone else. You Throttlebots all look the same to me."

Haywire: -chuckles-
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Templar Heights

Pounce looked coldly at Freeway

"Your antics have already alerted the enemy and may yet lead to the death of some of your comrades. If you prersist I will kill you now. This may well help reduce our casualties in the long term as you behaviour is likely to get other killed. This is a serious mission not kind of fun outing."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Templar Heights

Pointblank looks over at Blurr. "Blurr, Stop it. You're making matters worse. Focus on the mission."

Looking over at Pounce, Pointblank says: "You'll not lay a digit on Freeway. I can promise you that Freeway will be focused on the mission and will keep his mouth shut." Looks at Freeway. "Right, Freeway?"

Freeway raises his thumb. "I'll do my part to the best of my abilities. But it's not my fault the alarms at Crooks Central were set off. Blurr was here first and Crosshairs told us to be here. Where is he anyway?"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Templar Heights

Aero Blade kept as close as he could to Arrowhead, hesitating only when instructed to by his 'guide'. As he caught up to the latest spot, as signaled by the other mech, he heard Arrowhead's nervous speakin to himself. Aero Blade put his hand on his shoulder, a guesture he hoped would help calm the other mechanic.

"Look, I know I said it before, but if we're gonna get caught, you turn me in," Aero Blade told him, his voice concerned. "I've been in worse situations, we'll figure something out. I won't have you getting hurt on my account."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Steelhaven. Outside

Inferno arrived outside of the Steelhaven (OOC: Whether or not Weirdwolf was following is up to you, optimusskids. Let me know, so I can edit my post or not :)), carefully slowing down so as not to fling the offine body resting on top of him into the hull of the ship. Transforming back into his primary mode, he carried the unknown mech over to a side hatch.

"Hey, Cog," Inferno said to the suverliance camera above the hatch. "You gonna lets us in? I gotta 'bot here that needs to be looked at. Mind sendin' someone to pick 'im up? We got other business inside."

"Welcome back, Inferno. A drone has been dispatched and will meet you once you are onboard," Cog told him. "Ratchet will also be notified."

The large hatch then folded opened, and Inferno walked up the ramp into the starship. Inside, a drone rolled up and greeted the tall, red Autobot with a sequence of beeps.

"Uhhhh...yeah, right, here you go," He replied, placing the body into the drone's arms. Promptly, it rolled back down the corridor leading to the Medbay.

Inferno then retrieved the data plan containing the plans he and Weirdwolf recovered from the Planning Office.

"So, now what?" he looked to Weirdwolf while he waved the datpad in the air. "We pass this information along to someone, or do we just sit around an' wait?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Steelhaven

Weirdwolf loped after Inferno

"We the team assault plans take to . Need them for the attack will they."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Steelhaven

"Got it," Inferno answered Weirdwolf.

Inferno looked around the intersecting corridors for a moment while scratching his head.

"So, where is everyone then?" he added. "Prob'ly still scoutin' out the Heights, yeah? Guess we can speak to Cerebros."
Airazor

Post by Airazor »

Templar Heights

Jackpot: "Cerebros? Cog? Ratchet? Shockwave? Anybody? Hello? We kinda need mortars and are wondering whether you have any? Hello?"

Blurr: -gives Pointblank an innocent look- "What?" -shrugs- "this place is dark, and those Throttlebots do looks alike. It's not like I'm shooting rust-inducing reagents at him. Right, ah, Wideload?"

Haywire: "He doesn't look anything like Wideload."

Blurr: "Rollbar, then."

Haywire: "Hnn."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Steelhaven, Medbay.

(OOC: Whoops! Sorry about that, Airazor. Missed your post for some reason :o)

Cerebros was standing with Shockwave, Ratchet and Gnaw, when he was alerted to an incoming transmission.

"Sir, you have an incoming call from Jackpot," Cog told Cerebros.

"Thank you, Cog...Will you excuse me one moment," he politely told Ratchet and Shockwave.

He moved to another corner of the room and tapped his left audio receptor to receive the call.

"Yes, I'm here, Jackpot," Cerebros answered, then patiently listened to the Actionmaster's request. "Of course we have mortars. The Steelhaven has a fully stocked armoury. But, may I ask, why do you need them? I thought your unit was scouting the area. Were you spotted?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Warehouse

"It's fitting, I guess," Needlenose told Road Hugger. "You being so cuddly an' friendly an' all." He looked around. "So, uh...where's Swindle set up?"

Templar Heights

"And I've told you," Arrowhead said to Aero Blade, "they can't afford to hurt either of us. Who else is going to fix them and their equipment?"

He frowned for a second, then snapped his fingers.

"That's it!"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Steelhaven

Weirdwold loped after Inferno

"that idea good is yes, find him we shall, although absence of others me concerns back by now should they be."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warehouse

"I'm cuddly?" Road Hugger asked Needlenose with a raised eyebrow. "Actually, we're here. Swindle's in this room, last I checked."

Knocking on the door, Road Hugger said, "Hey, Swindle, your pals are here."

(OOC: what happened to the guys Hyperdrive is supposed to be interrogating?)
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Templar Heights

"That's what?" Aero Blade asked, his tone curious, but also still reflecting a great bit of worry of their current situation.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Warehouse

"Send 'em in," Swindle bellowed to Road Hugger. The Combaticon cleared off his makeshift desk (sweeping away several documents that Decepticons in Gigatron's employ might find objectionable in the process), then leaned back in his chair and put his feet up as Needlenose and Wingspan walked in.

"What can I do for you, gentlemechs?"

Templar Heights

"We've got an old...well, I think it used to be a community centre, actually," Arrowhead explained to Aero Blade. "They use it to store heavy equipment. Mostly really big construction droids that they haven't found a market for yet. I'd bet a year's pay that I could find a compartment big enough to hide you in one of those."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Warehouse

Wingspan strode up to Swindle's desk nervous about presenting Gigatrons off the wall idea.

"H-h-how do you f-feel about going into the e-entertainment b-business. Gigatron wants to make a s-series about b-brave c-cybertronians f-fighting the e-evil I-imperials using the imperials t-training manual as a t-template a-along with real life specs of t-their equipment. H-his idea is that that way when they invade your mech on the street will have a better idea on how to s-stop them. The s-series must be authentic n-no t-trickery and of course t-their are the merchandising o-opportunities, books with schematics of imperial ships, figures, downloads, f-fight and f-flight simulatrors disguised as v-video games. Plus all the associated non practical merchandising posters, energon mugs you name it."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Templar Heights

"You know what, Blurr," Freeway says. "You really need to get some new material, because it is getting old faster than you can speak! I think that you're just jealous that I can go with these guys on a rescue mission," pointing towards Wheelie, Spinister and Mirage, "and that you are going to be nothing more than target practice for the Maffia! Ha!"

Pointblank shakes his head and grunts. He's getting annoyed by the behavior of both Freeway and Blurr. "Blurr. Freeway. Stop. Talking. NOW! If not, I'll ask Spinister to kick you both off this mission."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warehouse

Road Hugger silently leaned on the doorway as Wingspan made his proposition to Swindle. Seems harmless enough, and the Combaticons could easily persuade the likes of Hot House and Ironworks to help them. And the money they made from the movies... it was a lot. A lot. Swindle would be sorely tempted, and it's easy to make such a movie. After all, many of the Combaticons had met with the Imperials themselves, including Swindle. It also has the plus side of actually being useful for once.

Road Hugger opened his mouth to speak, but thought better of that.
Ungla Cracker

Post by Ungla Cracker »

Steelhaven Medbay

“Now stretch your fingers……..great. Now clench your fist. Excellent, you’re good to go! Next time keep your hands AWAY from the extractor fans”, Hoist was in a good mood. All bots seemed in good condition NOW thanks to him. This was the last bit on maintenance he had to do today. He sent the unknown mech away but didn’t even receive a thank you.

Hoist scratched his head sometimes he wondered what the Autobots would do with out him, Ratchet and the others got all the glory. Everybody seemed, to forget the bot they came to for their annual overhaul, oil changes, sensor tweaking and all other mundane but essential maintenance tasks Hoist performed.

Well somebody has to do it! He thought to himself.

He punched in the main medbay door code. Proudly clutching his daily maintenance schedule (all boxes ticked) smugly he slammed it down on the table.

“I think you will find chaps all maintenance and check ups complete! That’s me done, I’m out of here!”

Nobody seemed to be paying any attention sensing the intrigue in the room, he turned to face Ratchet, Shockwave and Gnaw.

“What’s all the fuss about then chaps?”
Airazor

Post by Airazor »

Templar Heights

Haywire: "That won't work, Crosshairs. I've been trying to shut him up the past ten years or so."

Blurr: -speaking quickly, it seems his 'normal speed' speech is forgotten- "I understand the importance of quietness and the disruption caused by our bickering Crosshairs although it is true that Rollbar I mean Freeway sparked the conflict. I have no more wish to continue the pointless bickering and would love to direct my anger elsewhere namely the Space Mafia so if Freeway will simply apologize I'll call it even." -moves towards Pounce-

Haywire: "Ay yay yay." -sighs-

(OOC: that was fun. :))

Jackpot: -to Cerebros- "Sort of. Pounce wants at least four mortars. Blurr should be able to get them quickly without incident. I hope." -turns to Pounce- "We're in luck. The Steelhaven has a fully stocked armoury. Blurr should be able to obtain the mortars quickly without much incident."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Templar Heights

Mirage grit his dental arches and shook his head. Maybe he had lingered too long, but it was fascinating to watch Freeway, Blurr and Jackpot blithely dig a hole and jump in... He quietly noted how Pounce's tail twitched. And these were, to the gentlemech's chagrin, fellows in the Autobot ranks.

Then a phrase from Earth came to mind: gallows humour.

He turned away, not wanting to pursue that line of thought. Scanning the Heights with a hunter's optics, he picked out possible ambush points in the area at the foot of the great hill which remained unprotected below the line of the force-shield.

"I shall be moving to the left, making for the entrance ramp. Give me a demi-breem start," he said to Spinister. "Wheelie can follow a breem behind - with Freeway, unless Pounce intervenes first."

----------------------------------------------------------------
Medbay, Steelhaven

"Yes," Shockwave murmured, deep in cogitation (hence ignoring as irrelevant the messages Cog brought to Cerebros' attention), then louder, "With Gnaw, doctor? Indeed. It is, of course, logical to assume that Perceptor knows how this Sharkticon can carry a recording of his vocals. But, you say that he is resisting your attempts to rouse him?"

Just then, unexpectedly, Hoist strolled in and loudly announced his arrival, banging his datapad on a table top.

"I was about to offer my services, Ratchet, but I believe that one of your own would be more... acceptable, yes?"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]