[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: Take Arms Against a Sea of Troubles (Polyhex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Cell Block

Retcon cowered a little.

"um how may I be of service."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Operations:

Quickshot shrugged, trying to pull a damaged panel with one hand. "A bunch of Imperials showed up to play, Tinker. And boy, how they like to play....." He finallly managed to drag the panel open, scowling at the damage beneath. "We shouldn't let them play here anymore. They never stay to clean up the damage."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Airazor

Post by Airazor »

Operations, Darkmount

Skyjack: "What he said." -rummages around the room, tossing unsalvageable debris into one corner- "Although, it's surprising one of them had a nuclear reactor..."

Smelting Pools, Darkmount

Blitzwing: "What?" -sees magnetic mine- "Oh slag." -transforms into robot mode, uses left hand to tug at the mine, winces as the mine sticks onto his left hand- "It won't come off!" -transforms into jet mode, takes to the air, transforms back into robot mode, pulls out schmitar, winces, slices a chunk of his left arm (the one with the mine) off, tosses the piece as far as he could-
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Operations, Darkmount

Tinker winced as something in the computer he was working on fizzled and burst apart in smokes. "Slag!" The Seeker cursed.

Turning to Quickshot, Tinker nodded, "Those Imperials don't have any manners. No self-respect... hey, are you guys injured? I could patch you up..."
Selkadoom

Operations

Post by Selkadoom »

Hightower was almost done cutting through the blast doors when heard his drone yelling "I'm here master I'm here." Hightower turned and said "You're taking orders from him" as the drone entered the room pointing towards Tinker, then finished cutting through the door.

(OOC Blackjack feel free to NPC the drone)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Roadster

Post by Roadster »

Somewhere in Darkmount

It had been a while ago since Dead End had received Motormaster's message. "Go vehicular and find out what the Slag is wrong here." Dead End hadn't particularly cared about Motormaster's tone, though it was a marked improvement over how he used to speak before Altihex.

Were Dead End like the others, he would be scared stiff of the Stunticon leader, who now talked little, blustered even less and was oh so very willing and able to kill. In a way he supposed he had to thank the autobots for making the others see a bit more of future that eventually awaited all transformers and what the role of the Stunticons was in all of it. Wildrider and to his surprise Breakdown were noisy killer types which was true for Drag Strip to a degree, Motormaster wouldn't attract too much or too little attention to himself, hed just begin beating whatever poor slagger was his target or victim to be more precise until literal scrap was all left.

"Enough reminiscing." Thought Dead End as he transformed and eyed the rounded piece of equipment he'd been looking for. It had taken his self repair mode little time to time to put him back in fighting condition, not exactly 100% but being fully recharged made up for it fully. It had taken him a while but he'd been able to avoid meeting up with other imperials thus allowing him to track the most intense area of blankness in his radar until the area he suspected had been of a manageable size, then he got lucky and found the jammer right away. Graduating his airgun, Dead End shot the imperial device deactivating it without blowing it to smithereens. ".... I figure one of the technician types at the labs might want to take a look at this." Thought Dead End as communications returned to Darkmount.

With that he transformed and headed to where Motormaster'd told him radar on and tracking for the next of his mission, not surprisingly he discovered several targets, without hesitation he commed Motormater.

Med Bay

Breakdown and Wildrider were exchanging stories, uncharacteristically the latter listened attentively as the former related a brief version of were and how Motormaster and himself had spend the last Deca-Cycle or so.

Drag Strip checked his gravito gun but also listened, concerned about the top ranking Stunticons showing up out of nowhere and in the middle of a crisis to boot. He'd caught Wildrider's gaze a while ago and it seemed he agreed, Motormaster though had gotten through his suspicions fine though, especially with the entire Stunticon team showing up in the then rather crowded Med Bay without a hint of problems with the rest. The officer override thing with CR rooms had helped as well.

Motormaster oddly enough was the last out of the CR room. Drag Strip had thought the Stunticon leader looked the least hurt of them all but truth be told, he hadn't been paying too much attention.

"Stunticons follow me, we have imperials to kill." With that he transformed and send a silent text message to Dead End for a rendezvous point.

Wildrider's reservations ended when Motormaster transformed and drove off, the others following. He knew that mood and that faceplate and it meant he was in for fun and lots of it.

With that he transformed and followed.
Selkadoom

Server room, Operations

Post by Selkadoom »

Hightower stepped into the servor room and was hit by a wave of radiation but the lead compound and pain killers stopped it from effecting him. He then placed the force field generator down and activated it, watching it block any furthur radiation from getting out, as he turned he noted Laserbeaks head among some wreckage and decided to scan for a possible lifesign.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ungla Cracker

Post by Ungla Cracker »

Smelting Pool

Frenzy peered over the support beam he had been taking refuge behind. When he did his optics almost popped out of his visor. Blitzwings severed hand lay at the triple changers feet with the mine still firmly attached to it. It was plainly obvious what must have just transpired seconds before. Frenzy knew Blitzwing was a couple of fuel rods short of a stack but this was too much.

“Just shoot it for slags sake!” Frenzy bellowed, before ducking back down behind the support beam.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corridors Darkmount

The Stunticons screamed past Rumble on his way to the Hanger Bay almost knocking him of his feet. Rumble shook his fist wildly in the air,

“Ya slaggin road hogs”!

An idea suddenly popped into Rumbles processor.

Where there’s a Stunticon there is trouble, Rumble transformed to vehicular mode and followed the exhaust fumes.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

(OOC: Don't mind if I do, then. :) )

Server Room, Darkmount

Laserbeak's head, with the spark beating weakly inside, stared blankly onto Hightower, the optics, normally burning with red light when not spewing red-hot laserfire, now hollow and devoid of life...

His jaw hanging open in a gesture that other avian-mode transformers would interpret as smiling. He was proud of what he had done, protecting Darkmount from the explosion, proving himself more useful than a cowardly scout or a sadistic interrogator...

The metal on Laserbeak's other parts starting to slowly turn into a dull gray shade, what little remained of his once majestic wings crumbling into dust...

The radiation might have affected the spark as well, as it is now pulsating in an odd way, something a technician like Hightower would notice...

Tinker nodded appreciatively as the drone arrived. "Start by getting replacement cables, circuit boards and metal panels. You should be able to get them in the storage room on level 17. Here's the authorization." the Seeker tossed a card to the drone and it obediently sped off. Tinker turned back to the computers and resumed working.
Selkadoom

Server room

Post by Selkadoom »

Hightowers optics widend in surprise as Laserbeaks spark was still burning, even if was a rather strange patteren. He picked up his head and ran out of the servor room towards Buzzsaw yelling "Laserbeaks not dead!"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Roadster

Post by Roadster »

Outside Darkmount

By the time the Stunticons and Rumble had gotten to where Dead End; who's joined a bit later was leading them; the targets he'd detected earlier where mostly gone. Instead what looked like a fairly large drop ship, ramp open, last stragglers getting in.

"You know what to do." Said Motormaster to Breakdown as he transformed and took flight.

"STUNTICONS and rumble ATTACK PORT-SIDE, DRAG STRIP YOU TAKE STARBOARD AND DON"T LET"EM TAKE OFF." Yelled Breakdown taking point position.

At that point Drag Strip separated from the others and advanced later taking cover behind an overturned low altitude shuttle. The Other Stunticons advanced as well taking cover behind the flattened remains of what probably was a huge parabolic antenna, all the while dodging the blasts coming from the drop ship and it's would be occupants, who'd kept disappearing into the ships interior.

"TIME TA BUST SUMTHNG UP !!" Yelled Wildrider running out of patience and opening fire, the other Stunticons doing so as well.

At that point many hatches opened in the imperial ship ship revealing turret mounted high-velocity particle weapons while from above it a veritable windstorm descended as Motormaster's cyclone gun was used from directly above the enemy. Motormaster wasn't having much success damaging the ship due to it's large area, but coupled with Drag Strip weighting down just one side of the ship, it effectively kept them from taking off.

With the enemy turrets and stragglers which numbered a dozen or so on side and the rest of the Stunticons on the other, all attacking, a huge firefight had formed in very little time.

OOC: Looking forward to seeing more Rumble. Breakdown's just yanking Rumble's chain a bit.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Exterior, Darkmount

Autoguns whirred to life as they provided cover fire against the Imperials that Rumble and the Stunticons are fighting.

Whatever were left of Darkmount's brainwashed Peacebringers marched blindly into the conflict, opening fire on the Imperial ship.

Operations/Server Room, Darkmount

"What?" Tinker asked, even as his shoulder cannon morphed into a decontamination spray and hosed Hightower down with a refreshing spray of liquids. "He's alive?" the medic-cum-inventor rushed over to Hightower and his optics widened at Laserbeak's head. "Bloody slag, he's alive. But he needs medical attention, quick!" the Seeker reached out his hand, in a gesture that made it clear that he wanted to take Laserbeak's head from Hightower. "I'll get him to Hook or Glit. This is way out of my specialties."

Turning to Buzzsaw with a glimmer of hope in his optics, Tinker asked, "I don't suppose you have a spare bodyframe somewhere?"
Selkadoom

Operations, Darkmount

Post by Selkadoom »

Hightower handed Tinker Laserbeaks head and looked at Buzzsaw and said with a twisted smirk on his face "Looks like you can take this one of the list." Then he went back into the server room
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raze
Protoform

Post by Raze »

On route to Central Stores, Darkmount

"The schematics Hook sent to us include a list of materials needed to repair the wall. Though I'm sure Hook added those in more for his benefit then ours." Ever the perfectionist that he is. Long Haul replied to Bonecrusher.

As himself, Bonecrusher and Gravedigger neared their destination.
Wanted Used or New -
Henkei Classics Dirge, Thrust. Universe Hound (Ravage not needed)
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Operations

"On hand? Don't be ridiculous, Tinker. If we did, you butchers would have scrapped it for parts ages ago because of the medical shortage, like you did with everything else." Buzzsaw was pleased to see that Laserbeak (or at least part of him) was still intact, but his fury at the failures of his lessers that had reduced his brother to this state didn't abate even the slightest. "Get him into stasis. The Constructicons will have to fabricate a new body for him."

He would have shot the insolent Hightower in the back, had he not already scurried back into the relative safety of the server room.

Generating Point

"I've been online for, what, forty-five minutes?" Scrapper asked Shrapnel rhetorically. "I'm probably not the best person to be asking geo-political questions. This version of me hasn't even encountered these 'Imperials' until today."

Cell Block

Kickback smiled. "'Gone straight'? If that's how you want to put it. I've got a nice new job," he told Bombshell, "and I've got no intention of giving it up. I'm not going to stick my neck out for you without a damn good reason, and...well, lets just say that you don't make a good case for yourself, Bombshell. You'd 'work' for me just long enough to jam a cerebro-shell into my wiring" -- something that Kickback had gone to no small expense to install defenses against, not that Bombshell needed to know that -- "and go on your merry way. I can't have that."

He looked over to Retcon. "I work for Decepticon Intelligence. If I eavesdropped correctly, you're an expert in propaganda? It would be very helpful to have someone on staff with knowledge in that area." He paused to consider, then added, "Someone competent, I mean. Not Wingthing."

(OOC: They're actually called Peacebringers, Blackjack. :) )
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Cell Block

Retcon seemed to gain stature as he stoped cowering.

"I was one of the best, until the unfortunate incident with Gigatron. Wingthing you say in charge of propaganda oh my."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

(OOC: Ah, Peacebringers... my memory's failing me... edited the post above. :) )

Operations, Darkmount

Tinker nodded curtly at Buzzsaw, ignoring the Cassette's pompous attitude. Saving Laserbeak's life has more priority than mindless bickering among the two (three, counting Hightower) of them.

Tinker transformed into jet mode, Laserbeak's head tucked in comfortably (as comfortable as a corpse can get, anyway) on the cockpit. Tendrils snaked out from the area in the cockpit, and began stabilizing the spark's condition, a first aid procedure most medics were equipped for.

"Hook, Glit, I need your help to place a spark in stasis." the Seeker said as he banked through the corridors towards the medbay.

Central Stores, Darkmount

"Oh." Bonecrusher replied to Long Haul sheepishly as he accessed the files. They finally arrived on Central Stores. "Well, Gravedigger? What're the passcodes to open this door?"

Generating Point, Darkmount

Shrapnel shrugged at Scrapper. "Ah, I forgot about that, that. So weird to talk to someone who's been dead for a time, time." the Insecticon idly took apart his grenade launcher and began polishing it and repairing it to the best of his abilities while watching Scrapper work.

Cell Block, Darkmount

Bombshell sagged onto the floor, a defeated look on his face. He hated Kickback for what he had said, and worse, he knew it to be true. He used everyone without emotion -- humans, Autobots, Megatron, Shrapnel, Kickback, Starscream, his armies.... all of them are disposable to him. But... But...

Running out of ideas, Bombshell whispered meekly to Kickback, "Mechs change."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Darkmount

Gravedigger moved forward and entered the code

"trade secret i'm afraid."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Medbay, Darkmount

Hook finished his self-imposed check of all CR chambers currently in and out of operation, gratified that everything, despite the battle in the medbay earlier, seemed to be in fully operational condition. Useful that the original builders of Darkmount had multi-wired the entire Tower - to ensure the old planetary communications systems had total integrity, to be sure, but it was a flexible system.

He re-entered the medbay proper and crossed over to Glit, who was examining the totalled wreckage of an extremely odd looking flyer. Glit did not look up, probing the torso; scanning the laser-core, Hook guessed. Um, might be recoverable, considering the specific internal layout of a lot of jets, although the canopy being so shattered might be indicative of deep trauma.

Both medics jumped when Tinker commed their names.

"Spark? Stasis?" Glit asked Hook. He rubbed his optics, a gesture gleaned from organics.

"Let us see..." Hook turned to face the broken door.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Central Storage, Darkmount

Bonecrusher shrugged. "Can't blame me for trying."

Medbay, Darkmount

Tinker zipped in and stopped in front of Hook. "It's Laserbeak. He got caught in a nuclear explosion of sorts. Amazingly his spark survived the explosion, but it looks unstable. I did what I can as first aid, but I think this is more of a surgeon's job than mine." The Seeker removed Laserbeak's head (and spark) from inside his cockpit and handed it over to Hook and Glit.