[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: Take Arms Against a Sea of Troubles (Polyhex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Corridors, Darkmount

The sound of Bonecrusher's hand connecting with Bombshell's head and then said head striking the wall made Hook virtually blink.

All my work...

"Wait!" he croaked, throwing out his arms to intercept any further blow his brother unit was going to put in.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Corridors, Darkmount

"Wha'? He ain't th' one botherin' ya, Hook?" Bonecrusher asked the surgeon in confusion.

Bombshell croaked from where he lay crumpled under the two Constructicons' feet. "Y'could've askeed...."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Corridors, Darkmount

"Get into the medbay," Hook told Bonecrusher. "Just... go. The others are there?"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Enroute to Astrotrain’s Office, Darkmount

Vindicator jogged not far behind Shrapnel, his double barrelled machine gun at the ready.

He was frustrated that the communications had been jammed. He knew this could only mean the traitors were moving forward with their plans and he was now unable to put out the call for back up or warn Megatron that Astrotrain wasn’t alone in his office.

“I doubt we’ll get the chance to offer them the chance to surrender. Not if Megatron beats us there at least.” Vindicator replied to Shrapnel.

“If the shooting starts before we arrive, we try to take Astrotrain or Tracer alive. Anyone else who resists is cleared as a target for destruction.” He said to Clench and Shrapnel(and Razorclaw if he followed).
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Enroute to Astrotrains office

Hightower transformed crossbows in hand and started jogging behind Shrapnel "No offence Vindicator but even if we can take A-train, Megs is still gonna slag him" replied Hightower.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Astrotrain's Office, Darkmount

"Which is why Vindicator is commander of the ground forces and you are a medic, my dear Hightower, Hightower." Shrapnel told the Constructicon. "Megatron clearly hasn't arrived yet, so we can make things clear with the walking transport, give him terms of surrender and stuff, stuff. After all, Starscream survived his share of betrayals, betrayals..."

Shrapnel charged onto Astrotrain's Office and aimed his wrist shrapnel launcher at the door. "Vindicator, Hightower, Clench, Retcon, Blackjack, get ready. Don't fire unless they do so first."

After saying that, Shrapnel launched the razor-sharp pieces of metal he was named after to tear down the door. He could've hacked in electronically, but this way is more spectacular. Plus, knowing Astrotrain he probably insulated his door or something, the jerk.

"Astrotrain!" Shrapnel yelled. "We know you're in there, there! Megatron's coming to get you and we're here either as the firing squad, or to listen to whatever it is you have to say, say!"

Skywarp's optic ridge raised as Shrapnel's attack and voice rang out from outside the door, and winced as the door came under attack. "Eh, A-Train? Do we squish the bug now? 'Cause there's no way we're getting out here without a fight."

Medbay, Darkmount

"Scrap and Scrounger are wit' me in th' medbay. Primus knows where Mix and Long Haul are, though." Bonecrusher told Hook as he strode towards the medbay, roughly pulling Bombshell to his feet by the elbow. "Up."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Corridor

Slicer revved the engine of the Beast then shot forward his foot mashed on the accelerator.

~*~

Gravedigger his earphones back on bopped away in the opposite direction oblivious.
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

"One way or the other, guess this is gonna end soon." Thrust said to Skywarp, Astrotrain, and the others gathered in the room.

----------------

Clench followed Shrapnel to the door, pulling out his weapons as he transformed.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Outside Astrotrains office

Medic...for now maybe but who knows maybe I'll get a promotion to the head medic for my loyal service" replied Hightower.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Astrotrain’s Office, Darkmount

Vindicator leaned up against the wall beside the door to Astrotrain’s office; he kept out of sight, staying in cover prepared to enter and clear the room if things took a turn for the worst.

He glared back at Hightower and motioned for him cut the chatter as he tried to hear what was going on inside the office. He had heard Skywarp’s question but hadn’t heard a response.

“If you plan on explaining your actions, Astrotrain, I suggest you speak quickly. We all know what will happen when Megatron arrives and I for one would like to know why you have betrayed us.” He said to Astrotrain.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Buzzsaw's Studio, Darkmount

Soundwave passed Starscream his weapons. "Where do you suggest we go? Until we locate Megatron, any location is equally likely to be a trap."

As he spoke, Buzzsaw folded up into cassette mode and landed inside Soundwave's chest.

Then Kickback barged into the room, a nervous expression on his face.

"Does this door even have a lock?" Soundwave asked, obviously annoyed.

"Don't worry," Kickback assured him. "I'm with you. Shrapnel is going after Astrotrain. He sent me to 'talk' to you, but I bet he only expected me to distract you while he pins the Admiral down for Megatron to kill. More fool he...I know what side my bread is buttered on."

"Megatron is going after Astrotrain?" Soundwave asked.

"Absolutely," Kickback told him.

"Come, Starscream," Soundwave said. "We have a location and a target. The time of Megatron's ending is at hand."

Corridors, Darkmount

"Don't think I've ever met him, but it sounds like you trust him. I think we've got ourselves a plan."

Acid Storm led Detour out the front gates, ignoring the trooper who was gesturing at them to sign out. Transforming to jet mode, he popped his cockpit open and said, "Hop in. I promise not to eject you this time."

"Leave it on the desk," Astrotrain told Gravedigger.

When Shrapnel and his goons approached, Astrotrain's expression grew hard. "I was hoping it wouldn't come to this," he told his men, "but the choice is out of our hands now. Those who would side with Megatron need to be taken out of the equation for their own good. Skywarp, I'm disabling the room's static field," he said as he manipulated his computer console. "You'll be able to teleport again. I want you to take Thrust and Ramjet, teleport behind our visitors and start shooting. Tracer and I will stay here and catch them in a crossfire. We'll squash the bug and anyone he's brought with him."

Ramjet grinned. "Sounds like fun. Lets go, Warpy!"

Over the room's intercom, he replied to Shrapnel to buy time, "I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about. Explain yourself, 'Security Director'."

Medbay, Darkmount

Scrapper did his best to ignore Bonecrusher's outburst of thuggery. Instead he addressed his ire at Hook. "You summoned us," he said bluntly. "What do you want?"
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Outside Astrotrains Office

Hightower shrugged at Vindicator as his sensors picked tp some sort of interference field deactivating and got into a fighting crouch watching the rear as he thought this may be a trap, but he was too unsure to say anything.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Clogs

Post by Clogs »

"An ignominious death in one of the common corridors in Darkmount for Lord Megatron?" Starscream considered, cocking his head as he affixed his latest null ray guns in pretty much the old ones' usual position (all Tetrajets had magnetic locks for arm-mounted weaponry). "I was hoping for a grand finale, but this is, perhaps, a more suitable end, all things considered."

But he was thinking: Slag, I wanted room to manoeuvre and there won't be much available.

If he despised one thing - among many, let it be said - it was having to come to hand-to-hand engagement.

"Let us go, Soundwave," he went on. "And finish this - for our fellow Decepticons' future, of course..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Medbay, Darkmount

Hook confronted Scrapper and was just as blunt in reply. "Devastator."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Corridors, Darkmount

Detour chuckled. "I don't mind being ejected. Just give me some warning next time." Detour hopped into Acid Storm's cockpit, and reclined. "Let's go, green. Maybe we can do some good in Protihex."

It felt like betraying Blackjack, leaving like this... but Detour knew he had more or less been deadweight to his team leader. See what Blackjack did in the short while they were separated? Detour never was proper Decepticon material...

"Y'got it, A-Train." Skywarp told the admiral, holding Thrust and Ramjet's arms in his. He regarded his fellow Seekers with a crazy grin. "Playtime, boys!"

And then he activated his warp generator, and the three Seekers disappeared in a swirl of colours...

"I don't have time for your games, 'City Commander', Commander!" Shrapnel yelled. "Megatron is coming to kill you, and we're here to decide whether we should help you or do Megatron a favour, favour!"

Shrapnel launched another salvo of razor-sharp shrapnel, as well as a lightning bolt from his antenna, blowing the door open in an explosion. "Come on, Astrotrain! You ain't stupid, and I for one don't want to fight on the wrong side, side. Why did you betray Megatron, Megatron?" He briefly noted Hightower shifting position, but was not concerned about why the Constructicon did that.

Blackjack was, however, and spun around, wrist launchers aimed at wherever Hightower was aiming, even though there wasn't anything... yet.

Medbay, Darkmount

"Devastator? What's th' problem?" Bonecrusher asked Hook. "We need t'get Hauler and Mix in if we wanna make Big D. But why-"

He eyed Bombshell suspiciously, who immediately raised his arms in alarm. "No, I'm not the problem! I told you!"

"Y'shelled Hook, didn't ya?"

"No! I swear- my shells are locked up over there!" Bombshell screeched. "But we need to kill Megatron! We-"

Bonecrusher had Bombshell by the throat again, growling, "Traitor."

"Ack- Hook- Help- Megatron- a clone- impostor- Astr- Astrotrain's orders-"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

With all the commotion going on around him, Tracer said nothing, but did find himself moving close towards, and a bit in front of, Astrotrain. He readied his weapons as he faced the door, but did not yet hold them as though to fire them.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Medbay, Darkmount

"Desist, Bonecrusher!" Hook snapped, quickly intervening. "Bombshell is speaking the truth (for once). I am fully and autonomously functional."

The medic moved towards the medbay proper, expecting the others to follow. Over his shoulder, he added: "And I intend to remain so..."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"Of course," Soundwave said dryly. He knew that Starscream's motives weren't even vaguely altruistic, but he really didn't care. If Starscream's self-serving lust for power could be made to serve the greater good, Soundwave was only too willing to make common cause with him.

He walked out into the corridor, scanning in each direction for hostiles before continuing on toward Astrotrain's office.

Darkmount Airspace

"With any luck we won't have to worry about it where we're going," Acid Storm told Detour as he ignited his thrusters and rocketed into the sky. "Protihex, here we come!"

Ramjet grinned as he appeared out in the hall, even though Skywarp's teleports always made him feel queasy afterwards.

It's playtime!

The conehead started to fire his laser rifles as soon as he was fully materialized, spraying the crowd rather than aiming for anyone in particular.

"Drop yer guns, traitors! We'll kill ya if we have'ta!"

"You're in no position to demand anything of me, Shrapnel," Astrotrain said wearily, sidling up to the office door. "You're meddling in things your simple Insecticon brain can't handle. I'm not going to explain myself to you, and the only answer you'll get will come from the barrel of my ion cannon!"

When the sound of Ramjet's distinctive laser blasts started to fill the room, Astrotrain hit the door switch. It flew open and from the safe cover of the doorframe he started to spray ion blasts into Shrapnel's team.

I don't really want to kill them, he thought, but I need to keep them pinned down so that Soundwave and Starscream can face Megatron alone.

"Tracer, open fire!"

Medbay, Darkmount

Scrapper groaned. "Hook, it would be much easier for Bonecrusher -- and me, for that matter -- to believe you if you actually told us what was going on."

Heading back into the medbay's main examining suite, he added, "Tell us. Start from the beginning, don't leave anything out and explain it as if you think everyone around you is a dimwit."
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Astrotrain’s Office, Darkmount

Staying up against the door frames, Vindicator managed to avoid taking any hits from Astrotrain’s Ion Cannon; but this also meant he was completely open to Ramjet’s lasers, thankfully the seekers poor aim meant that the majority of the shots hit some of his more armoured areas, causing only glancing hits and minor burns.

-So much for hearing them out, time to end this.-

“Decepticon’s, put an end to these traitors!” Vindicator said in a commanding voice to the Megatron loyalist that made up the squad.

Knowing Astrotrain and Tracer posed the bigger threat, he ignored the seekers and began pouring machine gun fire into the office in an attempt to keep them pinned down inside.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Medbay, Darkmount

"Listen- please-?" Bombshell gagged, Bonecrusher's arm pressing on his neck.

"Hrnn." Bonecrusher let go of the pressure, but dragged Bombshell by the horn. "Scrapper's right, Hook. We need to know wha's happened, and I for one want to hear it from ya, not from th' bloody bug."

Darkmount Airspace

"Yeah." Detour told Acid Storm, glancing backwards at Darkmount for the last time. He composed a short, simple message to Blackjack and sent it:

Gone to Protihex with Acid Storm. Don't think I can fit in here. Don't wait up. D.

Detour switched channels, and scrolled down from Blackjack to Hyperdrive, and finally to Road Hugger. "You want me to contact Huggy now?"

"Ahahaha! Shoot me if you can!" Skywarp chuckled as they reappeared behind the Megatron loyalists. Skywarp followed Ramjet's example, and began opening fire at the crowd in general, before warping away and reappearing on another end of the corridor, then firing at the group with his machineguns, then disappearing again.

"So be it, it. But Admiral... for all your vaunted Triple-Changing brain, you can't understand that ions are basically atoms charged with electricity. And this simple Insecticon brain comprehends that he can control said electricity, electricity!"

Shrapnel raised his left arm, the hand returning from its shrapnel launcher formation, and moved them as if to stop an incoming object. His horns crackled wildly with electricity, which spread to his arms and hands, and Astrotrain's ion blasts stopped short from impacting on Shrapnel or his crew. Sending them shooting backwards against their initial velocity to Astrotrain would take too much energy, so Shrapnel simply let them dissipate.

"Decepticons, take them down, down!" Shrapnel screeched. "Vindicator, Predacons, press the assault into the office, office! The rest of you, take down those Seekers, Seekers!"

-And do try not to kill them.- Shrapnel mentally added, but an errant laserfire from one of the Seekers slammed on his left feet, forcing him to shut up. His right hand pressed the trigger on the grenade launcher, but without aiming (he's got enough on his mind with stopping the ion blasts) the grenade would do nothing more than make a big mess on whichever piece of furniture it landed on.

Blackjack leapt down from Shrapnel's shoulder, narrowly avoiding being fried by Ramjet's laser fire. "Don't do this, Ramjet! We can talk this out!" The Micromaster yelled, hoping that their time in Kaon could maybe stall the Conehead for a second. "I just want to know what the frikkin' Pit is going on!"

His optics, meanwhile, are observing where Skywarp is teleporting. The Seeker isn't very bright, and while he is fast, he moves in patterns. Almost like those video game bosses that the humans make. He could predict where Skywarp would pop out next with enough time...
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Medbay, Darkmount

"Listen- please-?" Bombshell gagged, Bonecrusher's arm pressing on his neck.

"Hrnn." Bonecrusher let go of the pressure, but dragged Bombshell by the horn. "Scrapper's right, Hook. We need to know wha's happened, and I for one want to hear it from ya, not from th' bloody bug."

Darkmount Airspace

"Yeah." Detour told Acid Storm, glancing backwards at Darkmount for the last time. He composed a short, simple message to Blackjack and sent it:

Gone to Protihex with Acid Storm. Don't think I can fit in here. Don't wait up. D.

Detour switched channels, and scrolled down from Blackjack to Hyperdrive, and finally to Road Hugger. "You want me to contact Huggy now?"

"Ahahaha! Shoot me if you can!" Skywarp chuckled as they reappeared behind the Megatron loyalists. Skywarp followed Ramjet's example, and began opening fire at the crowd in general, before warping away and reappearing on another end of the corridor, then firing at the group with his machineguns, then disappearing again.

"So be it, it. But Admiral... for all your vaunted Triple-Changing brain, you can't understand that ions are basically atoms charged with electricity. And this simple Insecticon brain comprehends that he can control said electricity, electricity!"

Shrapnel raised his left arm, the hand returning from its shrapnel launcher formation, and moved them as if to stop an incoming object. His horns crackled wildly with electricity, which spread to his arms and hands, and Astrotrain's ion blasts stopped short from impacting on Shrapnel or his crew. Sending them shooting backwards against their initial velocity to Astrotrain would take too much energy, so Shrapnel simply let them dissipate.

"Decepticons, take them down, down!" Shrapnel screeched. "Vindicator, Predacons, press the assault into the office, office! The rest of you, take down those Seekers, Seekers!"

-And do try not to kill them.- Shrapnel mentally added, but an errant laserfire from one of the Seekers slammed on his left feet, forcing him to shut up. His right hand pressed the trigger on the grenade launcher, but without aiming (he's got enough on his mind with stopping the ion blasts) the grenade would do nothing more than make a big mess on whichever piece of furniture it landed on.

Blackjack leapt down from Shrapnel's shoulder, narrowly avoiding being fried by Ramjet's laser fire. "Don't do this, Ramjet! We can talk this out!" The Micromaster yelled, hoping that their time in Kaon could maybe stall the Conehead for a second. "I just want to know what the frikkin' Pit is going on!"

His optics, meanwhile, are observing where Skywarp is teleporting. The Seeker isn't very bright, and while he is fast, he moves in patterns. Almost like those video game bosses that the humans make. He could predict where Skywarp would pop out next with enough time...