[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm:Those Ills we Have (Altihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4224
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 10:00 pm
Location: Leicester, where King Dick is buried

Post by Clogs » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:01 pm

Premier Forum

Splint had reached out to Bumblebee, drawn back perplexed, then knelt to put his arm around the yellow Minibot. "C'mon, mech, ya doing good," he said encouragingly, more than a little awed. "Ah'll help ya to the ship."

"Hm, feedback surges, as I feared," Jumpstart noted with concern, checking one of his instruments. "CPU originated. Not good... are you sure about this, Bumblebee? As much as I hate losing a life, I'm more chary about losing two."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User avatar
Springer85
Protoform
Posts: 1327
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: All your base
Contact:

Post by Springer85 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:18 pm

Premier Forum

Bumblebee clearly was in a huge amount of pain, eventhough he had suffered no psysical damage. "T-t-t-t-thanks," Bumblebee replied to Splint. He couldn't talk much. He needed all his strength to fight the pain as much as he could.

Bumblebee tried to move towards the direction of the ship while maintaining control of his Shell and keeping the mech inside stable. "Nyah!!" he screamed out in pain. The strain on his brainmodule was too much and if they didn't get to the ship soon, his CPU migth crash. It could wipe out the memory banks that he hadn't backed up yet in the process.

"Too late ..... to.... turn back now," he said to Jumpstart as he struggled with walking. "Need to save his life."

At that exact moment, electrical surges passed through Bumblebee and he stopped dead in his tracks. He slipped into a convulsive attack and dropped on the ground immediately. After a few kliks, the attack subsided and Bumblebee lied still on the ground. "H-h-h-help me," he said terrified of what's happinging to him, "I c-can't move."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Image

User avatar
Aero Blade
Posts: 2580
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere in subspace
Contact:

Post by Aero Blade » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:20 am

Premier Forum

Dirge would remain silent as he followed Jazz from overhead.


"Don't know," Hound answered back to Jazz, "But I can see if they're willing to tell us." He then paused to switch com frequencies, back to the general one he was using to talk to the Missile Boat. "Blue Army Representative, would it be possible for us to inquire about your own presence here?"


Wing Saber was still standing by in his jetmode, waiting for anyone to arrive and board while he monitored the situation with Bumblebee. He was unable to offer any help, but he did open a silent com signal. "Jazz, this is Wing Saber here. Bumblebee refused to board instead in favor of aiding one of the wounded with his shell, but he is now in trouble himself."

User avatar
optimusskids
Protoform
Posts: 6977
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:24 am
Location: UK

Post by optimusskids » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:17 am

Premier Forum

The Missile Boat replied

"after millenia of discrimination we are claiming a birthright a place where maritime transformers can walk tall without fear or prejudice. A city where we can be free."
Image

User avatar
Springer85
Protoform
Posts: 1327
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: All your base
Contact:

Post by Springer85 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:25 am

Premier Forum

"Good," Jazz answered Hound. "Try to find out as much as you can about them. Since they're not hostile, we have the time. We'll leave once Dirge and I return."

Wing Saber's transmission came in and Jazz was shocked. Bumblebee? What the blazes are you doing? Jazz could only wonder as he was still a few kliks away from Wing Saber. "Got ya, Wing Saber. Thanks for the info."

While The Blue Army seemingly was not hostile and would let them be on their way, they still needed to leave quick in order for the others to make it to the IMR alive.

He opened up a com to Ironfist. "Ironfist this is Jazz. Since Hound is busy with The Missile Boat, I want you to make sure everybody gets on board Wing Saber. Let me know once they are. Dirge and I will join you shortly and will pick up Hound along the way. Send over Highbrow to Bumblebee's position to see if he can help out and I require a status update on Searchlight."

(ooc: Searchlight is listed as dead in the characters list, but in the last post he was mentioned he was alive. I'm confused)
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Image

User avatar
Chip1123
Protoform
Posts: 1267
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:40 pm
Location: Birmingham, AL

Premier Forum

Post by Chip1123 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:52 pm

"Order acknowledged." Ironfist said to Jazz. Ironfist walked back down the platform, looking out to see which Autobots were still unaccounted for.

"Autobots, if you are can move and aren't assigned a task by Jazz or myself, get aboard Wing Saber NOW!" He commanded, and opened a seperate comm channel to Highbrow. "Highbrow, please go check on Bumblebee. Something is wrong and we are running out of time."

--------------------

"On my way to Bumblebee's coordinates now." Highbrow replied to Ironfist and made his way to his location.




(OOC: Searchlight was killed in the prison raid, but he was brought back online in a different body, with the same head, if I remember right. Not sure if anyone is playing him at the moment. He was in Ironfist's truck bed until we linked up with the medical ship and then transferred off. Please correct me if I'm wrong)
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!

User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4224
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 10:00 pm
Location: Leicester, where King Dick is buried

Post by Clogs » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:42 pm

Premier Forum, evacuation medical ship

"That's the hooks!" Headlight called to Jemmy. He half-slumped against the side of the evacuation ship, theatrically wiping his forehead with a sigh.

Jemmy shouted back, "Same here. Net should hold, providing we can get our friend here to activate his antigravs or - heh - we're not going anywhere fast."

"You slammed him into happy land: you get it through to him," Headlight replied. "Oh, and advise Pilot we're ready to start lifting."

Except...

The medic moved out from behind Despatch and could see there was something going on nearby, something that did not seem right...

~~~

"Geez, Bumblebee!" Splint tried to grab the Minibot, but pulled back as electrical arcs danced over his frame.

"Get a formport," Jumpstart ordered. "No, get two. I want him... them... onboard as soon as possible."

"Spark stabilised," Jilly advised from beside the Shell, which was frozen mid-step. "But the rest of the readings do not make any sense."

"Dhon't bother - jest git him ta the ship." Splint was waving to Headlight, making the field sign for 'stretcher'.

(ooc - if any larger mech wants to help here, feel free, yes? Oh, and opskids is running Searchlight)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User avatar
Aero Blade
Posts: 2580
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere in subspace
Contact:

Post by Aero Blade » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:13 am

Premier Forum

By the time the Missile Boat's reply came through, Hound spotted Jazz and Dirge approaching his location. He tranformed and feel into place just a bit behind and beside Jazz.

"They're looking for someplace to settle down. Best if you hear it in his own words," Hound spoke to Jazz, making a copy of the previous transmittion and transmitting it to Jazz so that he could listen for himself. "They're just looking for someplace where they won't be pestered."

User avatar
Springer85
Protoform
Posts: 1327
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: All your base
Contact:

Post by Springer85 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:55 pm

Premier Forum

Jazz received Hound's transmission and played it back. "Sounds fair enough, he replied to Hound. "If their intent is genuine, they can probably help rebuild Altihex and restore some order to this place. You happen to catch a name?"

Jazz saw Wing Saber in the distance with Ironfist standing on the platform. "Not long before we head back to Iacon."

****

Bumblebee tried to maintain contact with his Shell, but for some reason it was responding less and less to his mental command. The news that the sherrif's spark had stabilized was good news to him. He was so relieved with the news that he hadn't even noticed that he wasn't in any pain anymore. He still wasn't able to move though and still suffered from some memory flashes.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Image

User avatar
optimusskids
Protoform
Posts: 6977
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:24 am
Location: UK

Post by optimusskids » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:43 pm

Premier Forum

Ripple for that was whom the missile boat was called hovered.

~*~


Despatch groaned and his frame shuddered.

~*~

Searchlight sat bolt upright

"theyr'e coming to get me."
Image

User avatar
Aero Blade
Posts: 2580
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere in subspace
Contact:

Post by Aero Blade » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:42 am

((OOC: Come on guys, Wing Saber is going to seize up again. Keep it moving. Be onboard a ship in the next couple of posts, or the bus leaves without you ;) ))

Premier Forum

"He didn't offer and I didn't asked. Probably best if we get our wounded out of here first then investigate things. Don't want them changing their minds because we pestered them too much," Hound answered to Jazz.

As they arrived at Wing Saber, Hound paused to let Spike off, then looked around as Spike got onboard. He headed over to where Bumblebee and the Medics were. "We need to clear out. What's going on with him?"

Dirge still seemed distracted, but he managed to keep himself on task, taking up a guard possition nearby Wing Saber's ramp in the event something else happened.

User avatar
Springer85
Protoform
Posts: 1327
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: All your base
Contact:

ooc: was waiting for somebody else to post actually :P

Post by Springer85 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:02 am

Premier Forum

Jazz transformed and walked up the ramp of Wing Saber. "Good job," Hazz said to Iron Fist as he passed him by. He headed for the cockpit and sat down in the pilot seat. "Gonna leave the flying to you, buddy," Jazz said to Wing Saber. "Just gonna keep monitoring the situation on the ouside from here."

Jazz pressed a button that activated Wing Saber's speaker. "This is Jazz to all Autobots in the area. We're gonna take off in five kliks. Get your tailpipe on board!"
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Image

User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4224
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 10:00 pm
Location: Leicester, where King Dick is buried

Post by Clogs » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:28 am

Premier Forum, evacuation ship

"Hey, big guy!" Jemmy chirped cheerfully to Despatch. "I know you can hear me, so don't pretend otherwise. I'm going to give you a shot of something to help you liven up a bit - because you need your antigravs operational within a klik or two, yes?"

~~~

Headlight was about to dash for formports when he realised that Bumblebee was back up and, instead, gestured quizzically to Splint. The other medic pointed to the Shell, which had now managed to take two more steps, but was swaying while Jilly moved around, uncertain as to whether she could or should touch it.

With a nod, Headlight went to grab a field 'port.

Jumpstart, helping Bumblebee, asked, "Can you walk to the ship? I am not at all certain that we will have much time to get out before some kind of diplomatic incident occurs."

"Our City," Lasoo muttered, moving to keep the medics covered. "Ain't no need fer diplo-macy."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User avatar
Springer85
Protoform
Posts: 1327
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: All your base
Contact:

Post by Springer85 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:27 pm

(ooc: Bumblebee can't realy move right now, but for the sake of moving the thread along, lets say he can ;))

Premier Forum, evacuation ship

"I g-gave my Sh-shell to the Sh-sherrif," Bumblebee replied to Hound "D-d-didn't think the f-f-feedback I would suffer from l-letting somebody else in my Sh-shell be so severe." Bumblebee was still receiving more than enough feedback to prevent him from speaking a normal sentance, but at least the pain had subsided somewhat.

"I'll b-b-be going with the M-m-med-Evac, you go on w-with Jazz. I'll s-s-see you in Iacon, a-a-alright?"

Putting his arm of Splint's shoulder, he stumbled over to the Med-Evac ship's ramp.

*****

Jazz opened up a comm to the Blue Army vessel that Hound talked to earlier. "Blue Army, this is Jazz. I appreciate the help you've given us so far and I wish you all the best in your quest for peace. Are you the ambassador for your people and if so, what's your name?"

Jazz called out to Ironfist who was still standing on the ramp outside. "Ironfist, get Searchlight onboard Wing Saber! We're about to take off! Afterburner, Highbrow, Dirge and everybody else! We're taking off in 2 kliks.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Image

User avatar
Clogs
Posts: 4224
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 10:00 pm
Location: Leicester, where King Dick is buried

Post by Clogs » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:36 pm

Premier Forum, evacuation ship

Splint helped Bumblebee, carefully supporting the smaller 'bot. Jumpstart stayed close, monitoring in case anything untoward happened.

Headlight came back out of the ship carrying what looked like nothing more than an Earth-style briefcase with two sets of handles. He passed the others and reached Jilly.

"Here's the 'port," he said and, with one deft flick, opened the apparent case into a set of four panels which automatically locked into a flat bed.

~~~

At Jazz's shout, Afterburner retreated behind the medics, ready to board the evacuation ship. He noticed that the larger unit, Despatch, was wrapped in a net of some kind and lying beside the ship.

"Lifting gear attached," Jemmy explained with a rueful grin. "I'm just waiting on him coming round enough not to be a drag, if you know what I mean..?"

User avatar
Aero Blade
Posts: 2580
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere in subspace
Contact:

Post by Aero Blade » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:21 pm

Premier Forum

Hound had a deep frown as he listened to Bumblebee, the minibot sounding and looking terrible. "Sorry buddy, no go. You look like slag right now, and I want to be there if something happens. I know you too well to think it, but there's some in Iacon who might question you going off on your own - best you have someone to vouch for you so they can't draw their own conclusions."

As he started to head onboard, staying close to Bumblebee, Hound sent out a com message to Jazz. Even though he could clearly see the other Autobot from where Wing Saber was parked, he wanted to be sure he got the info clearly despite the noise of the evac. "Jazz, I'm gonna stick with Bumblebee, make sure he's alright. I'm not really confident in what I'm seeing. I think he'll be fine, but we'll need someone to be here if something does happen. He and I can join up with you again once we get these guys somewhere safe and Bee's been stablized."

User avatar
Chip1123
Protoform
Posts: 1267
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:40 pm
Location: Birmingham, AL

Premier Forum

Post by Chip1123 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:27 pm

Highbrow looked on as Bumblebee and Hound talked about their plans, knowing he couldn't do much to ease the other bot's pain. He heard Jazz's radio communication come in. "Jazz, are myself and Dirge still to provide aerial support on route?"

------------------

Ironfist walked off the platform and walked to the area Searchlight was at. Picking up the other bot, he hefted him over his shoulder, ready to get on board Wing Saber and get the slag out of this area. "Sorry about this friend, but I don't have time to argue with you about it right now."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!

User avatar
Springer85
Protoform
Posts: 1327
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: All your base
Contact:

Post by Springer85 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:26 pm

Premier Forum: Wing Saber

Jazz sat in the pilot seat and could see everything going on outside. Afterburner seemed to go with the Med-Evac and he could see Ironfist carry Searchlight inside Wingsaber. Hound's transmission came in. Jazz stood up, leaned on the console before him and looked into Hound's direction. "Got'cha Hound. Take good care of our little buddy. I'll see ya back in Iacon."

Jazz sat back down, when Highbrow's transmission came in. "Doubt we're gonna need air support now that The Blue Army has given us a free pass to leave Altihex. You can fly alongside us if you want to make sure, but if you wanna save some energon, then get on board."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Image

User avatar
Aero Blade
Posts: 2580
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere in subspace
Contact:

Post by Aero Blade » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:48 pm

((OOC: Wing Saber now takes off whenever the evac ship goes. Get where you want to be ;) ))

Premier Forum

"That may be for the best," Wing Saber spoke, so that both Jazz inside, and Highbrow and Dirge outside, could both hear. "The medics fixed me up, but that was a fast patch job under the earlier uncertain circumstances. Best that I test my wings before putting too much weight onboard."

"I will stay close the medical ship in the event that something should happen. If I'm still good by the time they set down, we can pick up the others and then head back to Iacon," The large Autobot suggested.

User avatar
Springer85
Protoform
Posts: 1327
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: All your base
Contact:

Post by Springer85 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:44 pm

Premier Forum: Wing Saber

Jazz leaned back in his chair and started to play a tune that he picked up from Earth the last time he was there while he waited for things to get moving.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Image

Locked