[New RPG] The Two Solitudes: Iacon (Autobot)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Common Room, War Academy

"I can do that," Smokescreen told Prowl, agreeing to his request about Ginrai.

As they walked down the hall, he listened to what the Autobot had to say without showing any change in his expression.

"You know, of course, that if my patient were this 'Omega Supreme', whoever that is, I wouldn't be able to divulge that to you. As far as I know, I could have been asked to check in on a janitor with a bad Syk habit. But speaking purely hypothetically...if I was going to treat Omega Supreme, and if he was suffering from the sort of post-traumatic stress that I suspect he might, I would have a much better chance of helping him if you shared his file with me. His real file, mind you. Not the sanitized, politically-correct version that you can find on any military history website that I may or may not have already read and dismissed as garbage."

Police Station

Red Alert frowned, but didn't question Squawktalk further. Instead, he said, "You might want to think about finding a safe place to write your book. Once our killer figures out what we're up to -- and he will -- anyone who's around Raiku will be in danger."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Police Station

Squawktalk tapped some notes.

"you think so even in a police station? What do you think motivates the killer?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Common Room, War Academy

Prowl led Smokescreen round a corner. No comm calls from Volks or Side Burn or some other soldier at the moment... bliss. Let Sentinel deal with the crisis for the moment, Prowl was required to bring Ginrai out of the Decepticons, find out information...

And, oh, the whole Omega Supreme and Project M business.

He smiled as Smokescreen spoke to him. Prowl was proud of Smokescreen.

"But of course, hypothetically. I picked a random name, an ancient war hero, just for the sake of taking an example for your case. This is all hypothetical, yes? Therefore, if you were sent to treat Omega Supreme, that is, and if I could pull the strings--not saying that I would, obviously--yes, I should be able to dig up the real Omega Supreme file... hypothetically, of course. If the real file exists. As if the military would lie about anything... but it's such a shame. We're talking about a Syk-addicted janitor, no? And here I was, hoping that you could convince Omega Supreme to wear a badge and blow the Decepticons to kingdom come..."

Prowl smiled softly and gestured with his head at a holo-drawing of Nominus Prime in the corridor knowingly. The Senate, the bastards they were, had installed cameras and recorders even in the War Academy.

But Prowl was a bigger manipulative bastards than the entire Senate combined. And there's nothing the Senate could do to stop Prowl from giving Smokescreen the Omega Supreme file, nor is there anything they could prove.

Prowl just liked to speak in these non-answers as a one-up at the Senate.

"Of course, since we are merely talking about a Syk addict, I believe-" Prowl pulled out his datapad, typed in something rapidly, "-this would suffice. We're waiting for Sentinel's approval... here we go. There. Travel permits to the off-world stations."

Prowl pulled out a data slug from the side of the datapad (OOC: think USB) and handed it over to Smokescreen. Of course, if anyone opened it it would show only transport documents... but Prowl had hidden Omega Supreme's real files inside with a password encryption that Smokescreen would know.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

War Room, War Academy

"Switch and Topspin and Jazz have just engaged the enemy," Volks replied to Sentinel. "They're doing their best to distract Sixshot long enough for Magnus to arrive. I'm guessing it's a long tunnel."

Volks entered a code on his terminal. "I'm going to see if I can hack my way into a satilite so we have eyes there," he said while working his way into a satilite. "I took the liberty of showing our guys' Spark Signatures on screen so we can see if they're still functioning or not."

Working with on a Autobot system sure made things easier for Volks. He had access to pretty much everything right now without any restrictions. Every dirty secret that the Autobots could have, he could access. However, since Prowl pretty much is the only one that can tolerate him, he refrained from a search through the systems. For now.

"There," he said while cracking his digits. "An eye in the sky. We have visual, but we can only see what's happening on the surface and right now, only Sky Lynx is there."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Room, War Academy

Sentinel nodded as Volks reported to him. "Who is Switch?" Sentinel wondered out loud. Jazz and Topspin he knew, the former is one of Prowl's favourite agents, the other is a all-terrain soldier or something similar. Bottom line is, he's heard of their names.

He understood what Volks implied by hacking into a satellite, but let the hacker do his job. He was, after all, on their side now. "Good call." Sentinel said grudgingly. "I could get you permission to override a satellite, but if you think that's faster..."

Sentinel watched the view from the satellite appear on Volks' screen, then narrowed his optics. "The entire laboratory has been demolished. That's not possible, I've seen it. They've got these military-grade weapons and forcefields..." Sentinel then saw a massive gouge carved on the ground, the one that Sixshot tore apart with his weapon mode. "Damn." Sentinel narrowed his optics.

Zeta Prime's headed into a city with that monster in it?

Prowl had, in the meantime, given Sentinel an electronic message to sign (something Sentinel signed immediately when he saw 'Omega Supreme' and 'rehabilitate' in the same sentence. Plus, getting that douchebag Smokescreen off world is a great bonus).
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Common Room, War Academy

Smokescreen shared Prowl's small smile as they walked down the hall. It was strange, how similar they were, and yet so different. But even though they rarely saw each other anymore, they could still operate on the same wavelength when it suited them. So when he took the data slug from his old friend, he knew without looking exactly what would be on it.

"Thank you," he said. "I'm sure my patient, whoever he might be, will appreciate this."

Police Station

Red Alert shook his head. "If I knew that, Squawktalk, he or they would be sitting it a cell right now. Unfortunately I don't. In fact, I know almost nothing -- which I why I'm suspicious even here. Without knowing who the enemy is, it's impossible to say what resources they have. For all I know, you could be working for the killer."

He chuckled. "I kid, of course."

Cracking open the door to the room where he'd left Raiku, he said, "Good news. The scout that I asked for is on his way."

(OOC: I haven't seen Clogs post in here for a while, so if you need me to move Zeta along again once the shuttle gets to Kaon, let me know. :) )
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

War Room, War Academy

"Well whatever took Wheeljack's shop down, it's big," he said to Sentinel"

Volks loaded Switch's profile up on the main screen. "Switch's only a cadet? What's a cadet doing in such a hostile territory," he wondered. Right then, Switch's and Jazz's spark signature's spiked with Switch's was dropping in the red figures.

"Holy slag!" Volks called out. "Things are going pretty bad down there!" Volks felt useless. He couldn't do a thing to help the others who were giving their lives to save two scientists. It was strange. For the first time since he was here, he wanted to help. He wanted to get out and do whatever he could to get the others out. It was a strange experience for him.

Volks received a transmission from Jazz that Sentinel could listen in to.

"Volks, this is Jazz. We've taken heavy damage. Situation doesn't look too good, but we're going to get the scientists out of here."

"Stay safe, Jazz. Sky Lynx is outside waiting to extract you guys."

(ooc: If you could, that would be great. Shuttle is already in Kaon airspace. Made a post about it in the Kaon thread. :))
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Corridors, War Academy

"Be advised, drug addicts may go angry to those that might want to help them." Prowl told Smokescreen with a smile as they passed the statue. "Although, of course, all our installations have top-notch security, you can never be too careful."

The Senate had eyes and ears over the War Academy. It took them a couple of stellar cycles and several inspection trips to hide them all over the building. It took Prowl (oh, all right, with help from Hound) two hours to pick out every single wiretap and camera.

Prowl rounded the corner towards the holding cells. "Here we are." Prowl said, pulling his face taut into the poker face. He gave Hot Spot and Yoketron nods, then got on his knees to look at Ginrai. "Greetings, Ginrai. My name is Prowl. I'm a friend of Smokescreen's."

Introduction done. Ginrai is confused and scared, so beating around the bush would not be advisable.

Tact, then.

"Now, to get to the point, Ginrai... you are not here because of what you are. That's-" Prowl jerked a thumb at the ceiling. "-Sentinel's problem. You are here because you have been used by the Decepticons. By law, you're an unwitting accomplice, and you're free to go once you tell us what you know about those who turned you into what you are."

Prowl glanced at Smokescreen, silently asking for him to speak up. Ginrai trusted him.

War Room, War Academy

Sentinel nodded at Volks, then frowned. "A cadet?" What was Prowl thinking... no. Prowl wouldn't risk resources like that. "Must've been a fool that got left behind." Sentinel muttered. "Can only hope he survives this with his spark intact."

Sentinel's optics widened as the red came out on the computer screen.

"The red is bad, I take it? Dammit." Jazz, Switch... all are damaged. "We have our second-best soldiers out there, we're sending our best out there and still we are struggling." Sentinel muttered under his breath.

"Jazz, this is Sentinel." Sentinel spoke into the commlink. "Evacuate. Whatever Prowl told you to do- get the scientists, get into Sky Lynx and get out of there!"
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

War Room, War Academy

"Green is good, red is bad," Volks replied to Sentinel in a slight sarcastic tone. "Their spark signatures have stabilized. They do require immediate medical attention when they get here though."

Jazz's transmission came in. "That pretty puch is the plan, boss. We got another problem though. Magnus closed his comlink. I think he's going to do something stupid."

Volks looked over his shoulder at Sentinel. "It would be a good idea to tell Ratchet to get ready for the patients, right?"
Aspiring DJ!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Common Room, War Academy

Smokescreen nodded sagely. "Of course," he told Prowl. "I've dealt with a few cases like this before, although never on such a...grand scale. I mean, for one of his friends to travel across the solar system just to find a doctor means that he must be pretty far gone. I don't want to build up your hopes too much, because I may not be able to help him."

When they arrived at Ginrai's cell, he let Prowl speak first and only opened his mouth when his friend had finished.

"You can trust him," he assured Ginrai. "Prowl is a good mechanism."

(OOC: I'm moving Clogs' post to the Kaon thread because it looks like the rest of the shuttle crew is there.)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Room, War Academy

Sentinel growled at Jazz's transmission, and tilted the communication antenna on the side of his head to hail Magnus. "Magnus? Magnus, respond, damn it!" Sentinel spat out a curse, then turned back to Volks' console. "Jazz, you know your orders. I'm sorry, but we can't lose all of you in Kaon for one soldier. Magnus knew the risks."

Sentinel nodded at Volks' suggestion. "You heard him." Sentinel growled at the nearby Network. "Tell Ratchet to get ready for the patients!"

"Right away, sir." Network said. "Ratchet, stand by. We have incoming wounded."

"What about Zeta Prime? Is he in any way under attack?" Sentinel asked Volks. "Stupid idea, going in like that while a living weapon is out and about..."

Zeta Prime won't listen to him. That much is certain. But there might be something else. Something...

Sentinel raised his arm and typed in something onto the comm mechanics built onto it.

-Cog. This is Sentinel. Requesting progress report on Project M.-

Common Room, War Academy

Prowl nodded appreciatively at Smokescreen's words, both his initial words about Omega Supreme, and the second one vouching for him in front of Ginrai.

Omega Supreme would be a supremely useful asset if he could be turned to face off against the rebels, as a good soldier to intimidate any further rebels, but Prowl did not get his hopes up. The chances of that happening would be like having one of the Thirteen pop up in front of them.

With Obsidian in the other camp, they needed all the help they can get.

At the very least, Prowl had to pacify Ginrai. Get him to understand the propaganda that the Decepticons fed him is wrong. Part of Prowl felt revulsion for the techno-organic, but Prowl had long since learnt to put a stopper in his emotions. Ginrai is... usable, and having something as unique as him on their side would be very much preferable.

After all, nothing motivates better than vengeance.

And should it fail? Well, at least Ginrai would be kept out of Decepticon hands, if what Smokescreen told him is true. Prowl met Ginrai's optics, nodding and gave him a weak smile.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

War Room, War Academy

Volks looked at Sentinel. While its probably standard procedure or something, leaving Magnus behind in Kaon was cold and he couldn't believe that he would leave one of his best soldiers behind.

Volks shrugged. It wasn't his problem to begin with so any moral compunction that he might have had was swiftly gone. "Zeta Prime's shuttle is safe so far," Volks replied. "I'll load up the visual from the satellite feed up on the main screen so you can track his position."
Aspiring DJ!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

War Room, War Academy

Terabolt would remain nearby to Sentinel at all times, shadowing him even moreso than Yoketron had done before. She was alert to every detail of the room, making careful note of it and updating Yoketron telepathicly frequently of the happenings. He was the one more experienced with how to handle these situations.

Common Room, War Academy

Yoketron stayed alert to the activity around him, but he seemed somehow distant, because he was also focusing on the information Terabolt was feeding to him. It was all disturbing, and yet still he feared it might just be the begining.

He would turn his head towards the interactions between Ginrai, Prowl, and Smokescreen. He still intended to speak with Ginrai, but that would be when things were a bit calmer, and Ginrai's condition stablized.

Police Station

Raiku would look up as Red Alert checked up on him. He was still frowning, but he nodded at Red Alert, then looked back down again, resisisting the urge to sigh. He had been a maitenance worker so long - could he really learn a new set of skills as quick as they'd need to? Was he just playing into a trap from whoever was trying to kill him.

It would be be several more minutes before Hound would arrive outside the police station. Hound stopped briefly outside to examine his surroundings, contemplating the differences between a place like htis and the highly secured millitary base he was used to. It was a change to say the least, and still left him puzzled about the entire situation. He'd been given very few details, and been told he'd be filled in at the location, for sake of security. If it was this important, he didn't understand why they didn't just bring everything to the War Academy, but he'd find out soon enough...

Finally moving inside, Hound would come to stop at the main desk, checking in and presenting his military ID. "As I understand it, Red Alert has requested a military scout?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Room, War Academy

Sentinel nodded at Volks, ignoring the seeming uneasiness in the cadet's optics. He'll learn. Something occurred to him. Noticing Terabolt probably helped jog his memory of that. "Volks, can you zoom out the satellite camera? I want to see the Temple of Primus some distance away from the battlefield. I need to know if my suspicions are real or just my paranoia."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Police Station

Summoned by one of the uniformed officers, Red Alert met Hound just inside the station. He carefully inspected the Autobot's ID before extending his hand to him.

"Sorry about the scrutiny," he told the scout, "and the secrecy. But once you've been brought up to speed, I'm sure you'll agree that it was necessary. I have a witness in one of my interview rooms who's been marked for death by the person or persons behind a conspiracy that seems to have infiltrated corporate and military networks at will, here in Iacon and in the outlying cities as well. The witness has some very rare hardware built in that lets him see the flow of energy the way you or I would see visible light. It also, apparently, lets him see what the conspirators are up to somehow. Right now he's our best chance of rooting out the conspiracy, but he's a civilian -- he needs someone with scouting experience who can interpret what he's seeing."

He paused, letting that information sink in for a moment.

"It goes without saying that you shouldn't repeat any of that to anyone. In fact, I'd prefer it if even your superiors didn't know exactly what you were doing for us." He held up a hand to forestall the objection he thought would be coming. "It's not that I don't think they can be trusted. But if they find out, they'll have to file a report -- and we need to assume that any information that goes into a computer network is going to wind up right back in our enemies' hands." He gestured toward a nearby surveillance camera, which had gone dark with inactivity. "I've even had our own monitoring system turned off."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Police Station

"So it's scouting 101," Hound decided once Red Alert had finished. "You have a guy who knows what he's looking for, but he doesn't know how to find where it's gone." Hound gave a bit of a wry smile as he continued to speak. "Do you know how long it takes to teach just those basic skills? It can take vorns sometimes - you're killer's probably going to come looking before then."

Hound gave a brief sigh, rubbing the side of his head as he started to recall his own earliest lesseons. He was already anticipating Red Alert asking him to try to speed it up somehow, and was trying to figure out how to do that.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

War Room, War Academy

Volks did as Sentinel requested and zoomed out so that they could see the Temple of Primus. "You think the multichanger has ties to the Temple?"
Aspiring DJ!
Lady Quickswitch

Post by Lady Quickswitch »

Skies approaching Iacon - Shuttlebay, War Academy

While Sky Lynx performed the flight back to the War Academy flawlessly as always, it didn't seem so fleeting to him. Part of him was back in Kaon, unwilling but heeding the dutiful soldier's grim sacrifice. It troubled him. But they had rescued Wheeljack from certain death. It was a bittersweet victory at best, but the commander didn't allow it to dampen morale.

"Sky Lynx to Iacon. Mission accomplished!" then, he added, "Naturally. Inform medical to meet me in the shuttlebay."

He landed and waited for medical.
Ulcrain
Protoform

Post by Ulcrain »

War Academey

Ratchet ran towards the the shattlepad. "Anyone hurt?" he with discomfurt as he herad himself say it.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Room, War Academy

"Call it a hunch, Volks. I-"

Sentinel spat out a very rude curse as the satellite feed was shown on the monitor. The Temple of Primus was... well, it was still there, but the dead bodies littered outside, a part of the temple missing as if an explosion had torn through it, statues of the Primes broken and littered around the place...

"Terabolt, have a look." Sentinel pointed at the monitor. "It seems that the Vector computer has indeed been compromised... along with your temple."

So much for ninja skills being our deus ex machina here, Sentinel thought bitterly.

He nodded as Sky Lynx returned. "Ratchet should be seeing to you surely? Those medics are paid to be on standby. Get Wheeljack and his assistant into the war room once their injuries are seen to, I need to debrief them. Sky Lynx, how... how do you rate Magnus' chances of survival?"