[New RPG] The Two Solitudes: Iacon (Autobot)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Common Room, War Academy

Prowl gestured for Smokescreen to have a seat in the Common Room. This would take some time, and Prowl would be a fool not to listen to Smokescreen's opinion on someone as... volatile as Obsidian.

But he had something to take care of first.

"Sky Lynx, Magnus, this is Commander Prowl." Prowl spoke into his communicator. "The inventors Wheeljack and Highbrow are under attack by a multi-changer in Kaon. A... squad of soldiers is in the area, but they need assistance and evac. Sky Lynx, I want you to bring out the two inventors, they have critical information. Magnus, you're there as muscle. Cover their escape. Coordinate with Volks, our new communications officer, and Jazz, leader of the team in Kaon."

As an afterthought, Prowl sent a copy of the transmission, and the whole Wheeljack situation, to Sentinel.

No time to get Sentinel to think of the solutions himself, this was too critical a situation. Besides, Sentinel would appreciate it to have some load lifted off his shoulder.

He then sighed at Smokescreen's reply, balling up the hand not holding the ever-present datapad into a fist subconsciously. "Obsidian..." Prowl muttered, trying to keep a deadpan face but obviously leaking enough anger and disappointment for a psychologist like Smokescreen to pick up on.

Then, Prowl's emotional shields are back on, as if refusing to allow Prowl any moment of weakness..

"So, despite what you tried to tell him, he seemed convinced that a rebellion, or fanning a rebellion's flames, is best to his- pardon me, Cybertron's- interest?" Prowl shook his head. His teacher had clearly gone off the deep end, siding with a madman like that...

He would need more. More eyes and ears, now that Megatron has Obsidian...

He had to be sure.

"Monitor, I need to know the last known location of General Obsidian." Prowl spoke into his commlink. In no less than five seconds, a reply came out, and Prowl shook his head. "You don't get to eat that crest, Smokescreen. Obsidian had been recorded flying into Kaon."

An area cut off-limits, with their only hope of hacking in being Volks, and even then the hacker could only do a couple of things at one time. Zeta Prime, looking for Decepticons, trying to move into Kolkular...

No. If Megatron had Obsidian... and a multi-changer... and the means to deploy a techno-organic Minicon assassin... (note to self: get Smokescreen to be present in the interrogation of said Minicon assassin)

But Prowl had a trump card.

One that would allow him to look into Kaon's most secure fortresses.

Prowl had Soundwave.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

War Academy

Magnus received his orders and picked up his gun. "I'm on my way," Magnus replied to Prowl.

Kaon, he thought. Not a great place to be in right now, but a mission is a mission.

He opened a com link to Sky Lynx. "Sky Lynx, this is Magnus. What's your position? I'll meet you there and we'll immediately head for Kaon."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Lady Quickswitch

Post by Lady Quickswitch »

Front Gates, War Academy

From the gates of the War Academy, Sky Lynx radioed Prowl, "Understood Prowl, but say again from 'under attack.' I'm not sure I copy. Did you say multi-changer?"

The great Lieutenant Commander wondered what Prowl meant by that. A multi-changer. Was this anything like himself, who bore two separate but equal forms among his vastly superior arsenal. If it was...

He transformed to shuttle form and radioed Ultra Magnus, "Ultra Magnus, this is Sky Lynx. Come to the front gates. I await you there."

(OOC: Eee. )
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

((ooc: It better have front gates, my bots went through them earlier ;) ))

Corridors, War Academy

Yoketron would nod politely to Hotspot's inquiry. "For the time being, yes. The Temple Elders have asked that I assist with what I can here."

Terabolt could tell that Sentinel was spacing out for a moment, and she half-thought about peering into his mind to see what it was he was thinking about, but she decided against it. The moment lasted too briefly anyways.

"Do not forget," Terabolt would speak after a bit, "That the Vector computers have done odd things in the past, though that usually comes direct from Vector Sigma. Though extremely unlikely, it could have some reason for which this has happened - they think on a much higher level than we do and attempt to balance society. The fact that such an odd creation did not come from the lead computer though lends me to believe that it is outside interference."

War Room, War Academy

While Hound waited for further orders, some would come from a different source than expected. He recieved a signal that he had gotten a message, checking it and revealing the unusual request to aid some civilians. It puzzled Hound briefly, but it had passed through all the proper channels, so he did not question it. He did however need to get himself cleared for the duty.

"Commander Prowl, I've recieved orders for another assignment. I have survellance set up to continue tracking Yoketron and the captured intruder," Hound spoke over his com unit, referencing his earlier request for the scout to locate the Temple Knight. "Are my tasks here complete?"
Brave Maximus

Iacon - War Academy hallways

Post by Brave Maximus »

Ginrai limped along, confused, looking at both Hotspot and Blades unbelievingly.

"I.... I do not understand."

He shook his head, which was probably the worst thing he could do. Blood and mech fluid dripped and he was dizzy for a moment. His internal systems were repairing... but he was in pretty rough shape. He needed peace and quiet to repair and regenerate. He looked back up, walking along in beast mode as best he could.

"I was lead to believe that you all despised anything not like you. That you followed the orders of a 'Prime' fanatically and that your theocracy was obeyed by everyone, without question. You seem... like individuals, not slaves to the dogmatic regime.....

"Why.... was I sent to kill then.....?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Common Room, War Academy

Smokescreen had a seat across from Prowl, visibly deflating as he finally go the chance to relax after such a busy day. But that didn't stop him from seeing the hurt and strain in Prowl's expression when he let his guard down.

"Let's just say that it wouldn't take much convincing to sway him in that direction," he told his mold-brother. "He's obviously very disenchanted with what's become of the world he's fought to protect, and he's willing to take extreme measures to fix it." The psychiatrist sighed. "I would be lying if I said I didn't understand his motivations, but in the unstable state he's in right now it wouldn't take much to turn him -- just a confident voice saying that he can make the world better again."

Smokescreen paused for a few seconds, then asked a more personal question.

"You know him well, don't you?"
Shine

Post by Shine »

Corridors, War Academy

“The only kind we despise are those who have chosen to walk down the path of ill intentions. Mechs who've dedicate their time to harming, stealing and all other acts of malevolence: they are the ones we endeavour to stop.” Hot Spot squatted next to Ginrai, continuing in a soft tone. “I can assure you we Autobots do not despise you because you are different—and even if you did knock Sentinel around.”

He peered at Ginrai, noticing just how deplorable a state he was in. Hot Spot produced a scrap of synthetic fabric from one of his sub-space compartments. Even though he had held his own against Sentinel, he had still procured a considerable amount of damage, wounds scattered across most of his beast mode. Hot Spot's right actuator retreated into the wrist joint, a hose nozzle emerging in its place. He sprayed the fabric with a little water.

“Here, take this.” He extended the dampened scrap of fabric to Ginrai. “It's not much, but it should help with the blood and other fluids.”

Hot Spot lifted himself from his crouched position. He pondered how to respond to Ginrai's additional questions. Unfortunately, there were no simple answers he could provide.

“Oh, no, no.” Hot Spot shook his cranial unit. “No slaves here. We joined for our own reasons, varied as they may be. We're passionate about our cause, I cannot lie, but there's no way you could identify us as a cult or anything like that. In time I believe you'll understand what we're all about.

“We exist to protect Cybertron and its population from all possible threats, Transformer or otherwise. We accept those who do not share our ideas and goals, as long as they cannot be perceived as an enemy. Ultimately, we are striving for peace and the preservation of our race and any other races whose intentions coincide with our own.

“As for your final question...” Hot Spot shook his cranial unit once more, regret accompanying the action. “I'm afraid I don't have the answer you're looking for.”
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

War Academy

Magnus transformed and headed towards the front Gates of the War Academy. "I'll be there in a few kliks," he responded. Magnus had been aching for some action. Ever since he lost his training session against Hot Rod and the others. Magnus hadn't lost a battle since he stepped foot in the War Academy for the first time and it somehow ate at him a little. He would've loved to have kept his undefeated record, but this wasn't the case anymore.

After a few kliks he arrived at the front gate and boarded Sky Lynx. He took a seat and strapped himself in. "Ready to go Sky Lynx." Magnus then switched over to Volks. "Volks, can you give me a sit rep and the coordinates to Jazz's location?"

"Forwarding you and Sky Lynx the coordinates as we speak," Volks replied. "Jazz and the others have spotted Wheeljack and a yet to be identified Cybertronian accompanying him. They are currently fighting the multichanger as we speak who has been identified as Sixshot."

Volks had forwarded the coordinates and then made a gesture to Network, expressing that he was still waiting for his energon.

"Let me remind you that Prowl has given Wheeljack's safe return priotity status Aplha. Sky Lynx, it'll be your main priority to extract Wheeljack and return him safely to Iacon. Magnus, it'll be your job to distract Sixshot as much as possible for Sky Lynx to perform his task. Good luck guys. I'll keep this channel open at all times and I'll hook you into Jazz's com so you'll have direct contact with him."

Prime Shuttle

Start up protocols had been checked and the shuttle was ready to go. "Alright, everybody. Hang on to your seat belts," Kup said to the others. "Next stop: Kaon." Kup pulled the lever back and the shuttle took off.

War Room

"Volks to Prowl," he said of the private channel. "Zeta Prime's shuttle has just taken off to Kaon. Sky Lynx and Magnus are headed into that direction too. Forwarded them the coordinates, mission statements and a situation update. I've given you access to their shared com link."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Common Room, War Academy

Placing his ever-present datapad on his lap, Prowl pulled out two cans of distilled Energon from a nearby table, and offered one to Smokescreen. He took a sip from the Energon as he listened to Smokescreen.

"It's worrying. How many of the other, older soldiers feel the same?" Prowl muttered to himself. If Kup and Ironhide and the others defected as well... no. They are loyal, and they cling to the Prime and common sense, unlike Obsidian's more pragmatic approach. He voiced it out loud. "But Obsidian, yes, I do know him... He was my teacher. Everything I'm putting to use here, I learned from him."

Pause.

"He's... he's the type that would do whatever it takes. Including, I'm afraid, mass murders. When the Senate forced him into retirement, he didn't take it very well although he went without a fight..." Prowl shook his head. "All he ever wanted to do was to defend Cybertron. I shall contact him immediately."

However, Prowl was soon assailed with a barrage of commlink messages. "Excuse me for a moment, Smokescreen..."

He answered Sky Lynx first. The Lieutenant Commander was going to go on a critical mission, and he must be briefed at what's happening. Having devoted a small percent of his attention to the chatter between Jazz and Volks, he was well aware of the worrying situation in Kaon.

"Affirmative, Commander Sky Lynx." Prowl said, "You are up against a multi-changer. A Transformer with more than one changeform. Be advised, the extraction of Wheeljack and Highbrow are of vital importance."

Hound next. A relatively simple request at that. "Affirmative. Yoketron and the assassin are in the holding cells. Your tasks are complete... but don't stray too far from Iacon. We may have need of a scout."

Then, Volks. Also relatively simple. The little hacker have not been handling power quite well, but considering the moment where he needed to talk to Smokescreen, it would suffice. "Acknowledged, Volks. Keep me appraised." Pause. "Can you locate General Obsidian in Kaon? I need to have words with him."

Ah, politics.

There's still Soundwave to deal with, but that would have to wait. Wouldn't do for Smokescreen to know of Soundwave's existence as of yet.

Turning to Smokescreen, Prowl asked, "What about Ginrai? Do you think he could likewise be turned away from the Decepticons?"

Corridors, War Academy

Sentinel nodded at Terabolt as they reached the War Room. "I do suspect outside interference myself." Sentinel told the Temple Knight. "Are you familiar with the unethical experiments done by the outlaw named Predacon?"

The military commander entered the War Room, to see Network presenting Volks with energon. His short stint as commander is over.

"All right, listen up!" Sentinel boomed, demanding the attention of everyone in the room. "I am sure Prowl has given you with tasks. You, ah... Yolks? Ah. Volks, you stay on Zeta Prime and the Wheeljack situation. Network, I want you to find anything, anything at all about experiments on techno-organics. You three, check everything on Kaon, see if there has been any more movements..."

Sentinel wanted so much to check up on Project M, but with Terabolt nearby...
Lady Quickswitch

Post by Lady Quickswitch »

Front Gates, War Academy

Sky Lynx launched into the air as soon as Magnus strapped himself in. He listened to the transmission between Volks and Magnus.

"Affirmative. Whatever this 'Sixshot' might be, Wheeljack and the other will soon be safe at home," Sky Lynx spoke, so effortless and calm. News of the multichanger intrigued him.

Sixshot. It can't -possibly- have six.

He radioed Volks, "Have Ratchet and medical prepare for wounded. Magnus and I will return as soon as possible." There was no hint of trepidation at all. Only certainty. Certainty that there would be no casualties on this particular mission to Kaon. The others would all return home safe and sound.

He flew toward Kaon.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Common Room, War Academy

Smokescreen accepted Prowl's offer of a drink and slowly sipped as his friend spoke. He didn't like the way that he talked about Obsidian, although he didn't say anything just yet. It was unsettling to see him display such obvious affection for someone who he openly admitted was a monster, but sadly that kind of cognitive dissonance was all too common. He filed that away for future discussion, once he'd figured out a way to approach it.

"Ginrai was never a Decepticon," he said with certainty. "Just a scared, abused child. Between what his creators put him through and how Sentinel treated him, it would be more of a surprise if he wasn't lashing out in anger. If we provide him with a positive environment to grow and learn in, my instincts say that we can rehabilitate him. But make no mistake -- he's dangerous and unpredictable, and he will be for quite some time. And before we forget, he killed at least one of your guards in cold blood. He needs to be put somewhere where he won't be a danger to himself or anyone else until he's been treated and cleared by a psychiatrist."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Common Room, War Academy

Prowl nodded at Smokescreen's analysis. "Be that as it may... we'll have to talk to him, get him to tell us what he knew of his creators, how many of other these Transformers invisible to our radars exist. I would like nothing better than to lounge here and sip energon, but I'm afraid this is not the time. Would you accompany me as we have words with Ginrai?"

Just almost as if it has been planned, Sentinel's voice entered Prowl's commlink. "Prowl, deal with the organic. I don't think I can stand another nano-klik in that being's presence without the urge to turn it into a stain under my boot. But we need him to cooperate."

"Understood." Prowl replied. Then, turning back to Smoekscreen, he said, "Shall we?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Police Station

Squawktalk perched almost forgotten on an overhead pipe.

His beak tapping on his datapad.

"how easy would it be to gain control of a million ton freighter."

He mused not realising he'd spoken aloud.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

War Room, War Academy

"No, I am not familiar," Terabolt would answer Sentinel at his meantion of the experiments. "But most likely Yoketron knows. I only just reciently finished my entire training regimine, and am not yet fully filled in on all Temple matters, especially with recient events. In fact my initiation was cut short so that Yoketron and I could attend this visit - I've not even had my Armament cerimony yet."

Tera found herself using the formal term out of habit from her own training, but the 'cerimony' was nothing more than a trip to the Temple armory to be sure she was outfitted with gear most appropriate for her tallents. Yoketron had hinted that he had something special lined up for her, but with everything happening, they never got to it. Luckily she already possessed her most important gear, given to her as part of her training - an ancient Temple Knight blade. So long as she had her sword, she need not feel worried about a situation, regardless of her other armaments. That would get handled sooner or later.

Inside of the War Room, Hound had just started to turn towards the exit as Sentinel and Terabolt arrived, and the scout paused to allow them entry. He gave a salute upon Sentinel's entrance, then a polite bow to Tera soon after. Once the doorway was clear, Hound headed off to his new assignment.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Common Room, War Academy

Smokescreen took his time, deliberately finishing his drink before he answered Prowl. He knew the delay would vex his mold-brother, but he also knew that even a few seconds of unwilling downtime would be more than the Autobot would be liable to get for a long time.

"I suppose I can do that," he told Prowl. "But I can't stay for too long. After all, before all the excitement happened I was coming here to ask you for a favour."

He got up and stretched before he started moving toward the door.

"You see, it turns out that I've had a patient referred to me. Someone in the military, which isn't a big surprise. After all the work I've done with you, I suppose word's gotten around that I'm someone that the troops can feel safe talking to. But this one...it's a bit of a tricky situation. Apparently the patient is posted to a high-security off-world station, and I can't even travel there without sign-off from someone with a high security clearance."

Police Station

Red Alert gave Squawktalk a funny look.

"What was that?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Police Stations

Squawktalk looked down

"just some idle musing, Something you mentioned would make a great plot point for my next Download."
Blackjack

OOC: Warcry, if Prowl's words clash with Omega's backstory, PM me.

Post by Blackjack »

War Room, War Academy

"I see." Sentinel told Terabolt, though he really couldn't care less about the little girl's training. It concerned him not, and as long as she did her job and stayed out of military matter, Sentinel wouldn't say anything about it.

He gave Hound (was his name Hind, or Bound, or...) a short nod, before looking at the stream of reports again. "Sky Lynx and Magnus have arrived in Kaon. Good." Sentinel spoke out loud. Why couldn't Zeta Prime have taken Sky Lynx, instead of- oh, what's done is done. Idiots, all of them...

"Volks, Network, tell Magnus to coordinate with Jazz for the mission. I will not lose my soldiers due to mis-communication."

Common Room, War Academy

Prowl rolled his optics as Smokescreen took his time. He knew what Smokescreen was trying to do, to stall for time, to force him to rest. He appreciated the gesture, but Prowl knew he could rest for an entire stellar cycle after this massive mess is done with.

"Of course. All I wanted was for Ginrai to see a friendly face instead of, well, people he would not readily trust." Prowl told Smokescreen.

Prowl walked out of the door and began walking towards the holding cells. He raised an optic brow. "A patient referred to you? Would you mind to reveal who referred said patient to you?" A high-security off-world station... who could it- of course. Of course. "I have an idea who this patient is. And I assure you, it was before my hands that the decision was made to transport him to where he is now."

Prowl sighed. "It would be relatively easy to convince Sentinel to sign on the papers, if I use the right words. He would have military uses in mind, of course, what with the Decepticon front and everything, and I won't lie if I said I have no such ideas, but I know you all too well... Sentinel does not. Thus, he would believe if I told him that you want to rehabilitate Omega Supreme."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

War Room, War Academy

Volks turned around in his chair. "Way ahead of you," he replied to Sentinel, not bothering with any formalities. "A secure coms hub has already been created and they're already talking strategies," Volks added. "Well, if you call ramming your opponent a strategy that is."

Volks turned back to his terminal. "Magnus is about to go head to head with this Sixshot guy."
Aspiring DJ!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Room, War Academy

Sentinel narrowed his optics as he walked behind Volks, watching at the streams of communications (and pretending to understand it, though mostly he only understood the words written in plain Cybertronian).

"Magnus is the best soldier we've got. Well, next to me, that is." Sentinel narrowed his optics. "But we've never faced something like this before."
Brave Maximus

Iacon - War Academy - Prison Cells

Post by Brave Maximus »

Ginrai took the cloth and nodded his thanks to Hot Spot. He dabbed his wounds lightly. His systems were starting to repair them already, and the leaking had mostly stopped... it still hurt though.

He walked into the cell he was directed to and sat on the floor, not wanting to climb onto the larger sleeping slab.

He looked at Hot Spot:

"I still don't understand. Why are we fighting and killing? When you were evil overlords, holding your positions on the backs of slaves... I understood. Now..."

Ginrai crossed his legs, sitting in the middle of the floor, trying to find peace and calm... though it was escaping him:

"So, are you to be my jailor?"