[New RPG] The Two Solitudes: Kaon (Decepticon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Governor's Palace, Kaon

Hatemonger recieved his orders from Megatron and started for the auditorium.

"Very well my Lord, I am on my way." He was going to ask the Decepticon leader who else is there for security duties but was pretty certain he could figure out who should be where once he arrived so he made haste to the location.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Red Geist

There was good nights and then there was bad nights. For a certain barkeep it was a pretty bad one, he just got sliced in half but for Razorclaw it was about to become all sorts of worse. Like most smart establishments with safes to store profits, especially ones in seedy areas where things happened to go missing, there was a camera keeping an eye on this sort of thing.

When Sideswipe got word that there was something going on in the back room, he shrugged. He could tell the urgency of situation by the tone of the mech incharge of watching the cameras from the safe room hidden on the second level of the building.

Sideswipe pushed off his wall near the entrance of the door and motioned to two other bouncers and made his way to the back to grab himself what he thought was a thief with some sticky fingers

The Temple

Blitzwing cursed at what had to be an innate ability of the Temple Knight to avoid everything thrown its way; as if some mythical, god-like force was modifying its surroundings to help it. For a moment he questioned if the god they worshipped might actually be real but a split second later forgot the thought and leaned out of cover again and fired off another round of ion bolts before retreating again. Once he rolled back he noticed one of Springer's non-kills struggling back to his feet and moving, unbeknownst to him, to strike at his partner from behind.

He raised his rifle and quickly placed a burst of ion bolts into the upper torso and mid-section blowing open the front and large parts of the back of his chassis killing him.

"Springer! Head in the game! These are zealots and we're playing for keeps now. No protoform hands, you gotta put 'em down!" As he screamed this at the top of his vocoder he couldn't help but notice the fun the mechs who had hired them were having. Twisted, even by Blitzwing's standards for the most part.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Temple of Primus

As the Temple Knight evaded his shots and moved into cover, Scorponok considered the possibilities. A sensory upgrade to detect oncoming projectiles? A force field? An eternal skeptic, the thought of Primus protecting his servants never even crossed Scorponok's mind.

His tail clicked onto place, and it charged. Scorponok let loose with a burst of lightning from said tail towards the column, aiming to destroy it along with the Knight.

"Come, now. You worms are supposed to be heralds to the great god Primus. Show us some magic! Brimstone raining from the skies, perhaps? Not these parlor tricks."

Skies, Kaon Outskirts

"I don't have to, Thrusty! I can shoot in all directions at once!" Skywarp chirped. As he charged straight for an Aerialbot, he launched a missile.

Disappearing, he rematerialized behind the same Aerialbot's tail, and launched a missile. Caught between the one in front and behind, the Aerialbot was blown into smithereens.

Neat the Red Geist

It was too bad that Grimlock had moved so fast, otherwise he would've encountered Razorclaw that much sooner. But he had no idea Razorclaw was nearby, nor that Sideswipe would be confronting him. Walking up to where Jazz and Rapido was, Grimlock shook his head. "You got that info from dumb barkeep? Me, Grimlock, bribe barkeep with my money. Me want it back."

I better get paid for this, Grimlock thought. Still, a nice change to the brutal killings in the arena... almost makes me miss the ol' military. Almost.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Temple of Primus

As the wall of kinetic energy hit him, it became clear that Predacon wasn't just showing off -- he was preparing himself for a counterattack. As he few backwards, his whiplash cutlass wrapped around a column and his flight was transformed into an arc -- an arc that swung the scientist's boots around in line with the Temple Knight's head.

"No, seriously. This 'magic' that you do...we're not impressed. I've made machines to do all of them, and I don't need to pretend some magic ghost is the source of my power either."

Skies, Kaon Outskirts

"I shouldn't have to ask," Lugnut told Skywarp. "It's your job to make a hole for me and Dreadwing. Not to show off and try to prove how good a pilot you are."

When Thrust griped at him, the bomber snarled. "You call yourselves fliers? Bah!"

As he complained, he started to drop his bombs.

Governor's Palace, Kaon

"Excellent," Megatron told Hatemonger. "I'll see you shortly."

In fact, the Decepticon leader had led Deathsaurus toward the reception hall. Pushing the doors open with a flourish, he walked in and basked in the adulation directed his way by the loving crowd.

It's good to be king, he thought to himself as he made his way toward the table set up at the far end of the room, shaking hands and slapping backs as he went.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Governor's Palace

As they entered the reception hall Deathsaurus closed his wrist-comm and leaned over to whisper to Megatron, "I've just spoken with Astrotrain. He'll have a full report sent to your security team tomorrow morning." Then he stepped off to socialize on his own. He was far more accustomed to this sort of thing than the Governor. He strolled about the room, shaking hands, greeting most guests by name, warm, polite smile a fixture. And then he greets one guest in particular, "Ah, Clench, how are you, this fine evening?" The crimelord held out his hand, all warmth drained from his smile.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Kolkular, Governor's Palace guest suite

After some searching, involving a lot of coding, Starscream located information on Lugnut... not in the flight register of Ark-52, but in official diplomatic logs.

"That's just so odd," he murmured. "From deportable criminal to member of a Governor's entourage.

"Jetfire, I believe that Megatron is actively rescuing units!"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Skies, Kaon Outskirts

"You're welcome!" Skywarp cheerily replied to Lugnut, either oblivious or ignoring the other Decepticon's irritation, both of which he knew would annoy the larger Decepticon to no end.

"For the cause!" Skywarp yelled as he blew up another Aerialbot.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Temple

The Temple Knight held his ground as Predacon came around, grabbing the foot with both hands and grasping hard, digging in but sliding a short distance before the momentum ran out.

"When ever did we claim it to be? It is a gift that exists within all, but only can be brought forth by the willing, and the worthy..." As the Knight spoke the last word, he twisted hard on the foot, intending to yank Predacon from the column and throw him into nearby rubble.

The column Scorponok had attacked crumbled with ease under the assault, but there was no Temple Knight, just a shower dust and particles. The Temple Knight would reappear behind Scorponok (so as to make sure he was between the Knight and Blitzwing), having used the column and rubble as cover to circle around. With the dust in the air as a partial distraction, he threw a small wave of shurikens at Scorponok, then finally sprinted in for a close-ranged attack with a sword.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Temple of Primus

"That is more like it." Scorponok told the Temple Knight. He whirled around and shoulder-charged the Temple Knight, so that the Zarak Shield attached to said shoulder would bear the brunt of the shurikens. The shurikens embedded themselves on the shield, and none reached Scorponok.

The shield should have been to deflect them completely, Scorponok mused. For those shurikens to be actually able to pierce the exterior...

Scorponok's tail lashed forwards, the bayonet attached to the electro-stinger glinting as it went for the Temple Knight's head. No doubt the Knight would be able to parry it, but the blade was not Scorponok's only weapon...
Chip1123
Protoform

Governor's Palace

Post by Chip1123 »

"I'm doing quite well." Clench said, trying to save face and hide the fact that his fortunes were far from it, as Deathsaurus almost assuredly knew. "I assume you are not here for the networking opportunities? That hardly seems appropriate for bots of our stature." He said, a little chill evident in his voice.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Ravage
Protoform

Governor's Palace

Post by Ravage »

Hatemonger arrived in the hall and looked around already seeing a number of Depecticon's milling about. He watched as Megatron mingled with many bots in the room and saw Deathsaurus and Cletch talking. He layed back and began to get an idea of the layout of the room.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Temple of Primus

Predacon's foot slipped free easily, the built-in wheels letting him pull away from the knight's grasp. He let the momentum of that move turn him around in a circle, his whiplash cutlass cracking in the air and lashing out at the knight's leg.

"'Worthy' meaning I have to grovel to your imaginary god? No, thanks. I prefer independent thought and scientific progress."

Skies, Kaon Outskirts

With the Aerialbots all but gone, Lugnut was able to finish unloading his payload of bombs onto the Autobot base...or rather, what was left of it. After the bombing it had absorbed, there was little left but rubble.

"I think," he told his companions, "that we're done here."

Governor's Palace, Kolkular

"We should talk later."

Megatron nodded to acknowledge Deathsaurus's departure, then continued to make his way toward the front of the hall. After shaking hands with several startlingly-boring aristocrats, he favoured Sunstreaker -- And just a good of a Decepticon would he make, Megatron thought idly -- with a respectful nod before climbing up to the podium and beginning to speak.

"My fellow Kaonites," he began, "friends from Cybertron's city-states and the outer system colonies. We've gathered here today to celebrate Kaon's return to prosperity. But there was another reason why I called you all here. A bigger reason. If you look around you'll notice one party that isn't represented here, one party that wasn't invited because across so much of the world it's meddling is no longer welcome.

"I speak, of course, of Iacon."

Megatron paused, letting his words sink in.

Guest Suite, Governor's Palace, Kolkular

"It wouldn't surprise me," Jetfire agreed with Starscream. "Megatron is obviously recruiting, and he's obviously positioning himself to oppose Iacon. After all, if he wasn't, why would he show us all of this?"

The scientist shrugged. "It's only logical that a lot of mechs who were lined up for deportation would be more than willing to stand with him, if only for a shot at revenge."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Skies, Kaon Outskirts

"Yep." Skywarp said, transforming into robot mode, hovering with the engines which ended up on his feet and back, and using his machineguns to shoot down the final Aerialbot. "That felt good. Pretty little ruin, eh, Lugs? Let's head back and see what the boss has in store for us. Hopefully something more like this."
Chip1123
Protoform

Skies, Kaon Outskirts

Post by Chip1123 »

"Definitely something I could get used to..." Thrust said to Skywarp and Lugnut. "That, and the energon of course!"
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Kilkular, Governor's Palace guest suite

Starscream gave Jetfire an odd, sharp look, sighed. "Yes, I have figured that out, but what does he hope to gain? Unless... he intends to oppose more radically than through the political forum?"

He shook his head as realisation dawned.

"That message we received from Darkmount was orchestrated by some unit already working for Megatron, to bring us here and open our optics to the truth - that we've been helping to exploit fellow Cybertronians against the whole principle of the laws.

"And, if Megatron already has a presence in Darkmount, his plans must be well advanced.

"So: I'm going to talk to him, find out if he'll let me join him. How about you?"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Skies

So this was Kaon...

Obsidian was no stranger to the area, for he had fought several battles there as well. Dubbed as the 'Badlands' by those high and mighty Senators in Iacon, Obsidian used to feel a sickening surge of revulsion every time he entered Kaon. Not for the city-state's squalid environment, of course... being a soldier meant he was used to that, even moreso than bright artsy cities like Crystal City.

But rather, Obsidian always felt disgust that those higher up in the chain of command never paid any attention to Kaon. Even when he was onlinee at the reign of Prime Nova, Kaon was never the center of attention. It was blatant discrimination to those unfortunate ones that were sent to Kaon. Those miner and gladiator castes...

Yet Kaon was where you go if you want information quickly, or to recruit some battle-hungry thugs. Obsidian knew those from personal experience.

As Obsidian's sensors took in the vista before him, he found himself impressed. Kaon still looked like the slum it was, but there have been areas where it has looked improved. Not in the sense that Iacon businesspeople would appreciate, but construction has happened in several parts, and Kolkular in particular, visible even from this distance, looked impressive.

There have been some visible changes indeed in Kaon, Obsidian mused. This 'Megatron', as Onslaught had told him, does seem to have Cybertron's best interest at mind.

Time to see the person in question then...

Obsidian moved towards the optic-catching Kolkular. He noted the explosions at the far outskirts of Kaon, but paid it no heed. Such explosions were from a bombing run, Obsidian knew, but those were not his problems. He would see what Megatron thought about that...
abcdekg
Protoform

Post by abcdekg »

Command Post ruins, Kaon Outskirts

High command sends me out here because of 'damage control,' and this is what happens. A reward for unconventional methods, my aft.

Amongst the rubble, a gold right hand pushed away fragments of what used to be the roof of the command post.

The attack had been quick and brutal. That, however, didn't mean Impactor, who had been left in charge of the command post, had been slow to counter. Severely understaffed (like to prevent any suspicion from any Cybertronian constituency), the base had been particularly ill-equipped for an air strike.

Impactor had relayed a distress signal to Iacon (per protocol) but had received little feedback ("Rest assured, your communication is being processed"). He had been knocked out shortly afterwards, as he had been reaching for or going towards something.

Almost...

But he couldn't remember, nor was he too concerned at the moment.

... there!

At this point, he had broken free. His body showed a few dents and scratches on his surface, along with the occasional piece of servo or endoskeleton exposed, but for the most part Impactor was intact. But that was much more than he could say about his base.

This place is wrecked.

He was horrified at the sight - but he didn't have time to show it. For a moment, he shrugged off his nonchalance. Had the Aerialbots put up a fight? Was any of the security team online? And the analysts, who probably didn't have a chance to put up a fight?

Anybody still moving out there, he asked over a post-wide comm-link.

He began moving around, urgently clearing away rubble as he spotted a limb or a helmet or even a pistol.

Offline... offline... critical condition...

Impactor wasn't too optimistic. Still, he sent out an emergency distress signal to Autobot personnel in the Kaon area. It would be fuzzy and staticy and might not make it out at all, but it was his only hope for back-up. Maybe in awhile he'd try Iacon again.

Maybe.

He continued to dig through the ruins. Some 'bots were online, but they appeared to be in stasis lock. Impactor had almost circled back to his original position when he saw a 'bot pinned under some machinery. He tried to get free the trapped 'bot, whose eyes grew dimmer in their blue color until he finally underwent stasis, but the machinery was too heavy for Impactor to try and gently lift off. In frustration, he slammed against the side of the metal and sent the machinery flying, creating a few resonating clangs.

Ah, therapeutic. And at least he's online, I suppose, and... scrap.

As Impactor moved the body to cover, he noticed the attacking fliers were still above. He had been distracted: there hadn't been any noise from above for awhile, so the bombing had appeared to stop. With his loud noises and movement, he was sure he would be noticed, too. As he crouched down behind some rubble, the gold-and-purple 'bot contemplated the potential outcomes.

If they did this, then there's no way they'll let me go. I can hide, but chances are they might still attack sporadically and hit other 'bots to find me.

Impactor readied the cannon on his right shoulder.

Ah, plug it! Wish I had backup, though.

He grabbed the handgun strapped to his leg.

Wish I had... something...

His optics caught an unhinged gatling laser on the floor. It glistened - oh how it still glistened. Impactor suddenly remembered that, right before he had been knocked out, he had been running to man this something - the turret.

I knew I had been reaching for something, he thought, a bit relieved.

He rushed over and positioned the weapon by his right side, clutching it with both hands. Hoping he would prove a nuisance to the attackers so that they would abandon any more attacks, and hoping to impart a little personal payback, Impactor let loose a volley of shots in the air towards the fliers.
Blackjack

YAY IMPAKTOR

Post by Blackjack »

Kaon Outskirts, Skies

"Yeah, Thrust, the energo- aah!" Skywarp barrel-rolled aside, barely avoiding the laser shots that sliced through the air that he had been flying just several seconds earlier.

Briefly he was proud. This was made him a Seeker, put him above those other fliers. But those thoughts did not stay long in Skywarp's mind.

"We got a live one!"

Skywarp disappeared from the skies around Lugnut and Thrust, and reappeared much lower, strafing Impactor's position with his machine-guns. "Peekabo!" As he did so, heat-seeking missiles locked into place and fired while he tried to pinpoint where the offending Autobot was hiding in all the ruins. But the flames all around meant that heat-seekers are close to useless...
abcdekg
Protoform

Post by abcdekg »

Kaon Outskirts, Command Post ruins

This was a little stupid.

Perhaps Impactor had been a little too eager, he was realizing. He managed to dodge a missile that headed to a nearby pile of rubble, but he had been thrown off by them coming from a lower height.

Okay, and kind of fun.

As the missile hit beside him, flames charred his left chassis. His face cringed slightly.

Kind of.

Fortunately, no missiles had hit Impactor yet. Unfortunately, they were creating an even larger mess, and the flames around him presented a greater threat as they grew, especially since his mobility was limited from carrying the gatling laser. And he didn't want to risk any more casualties (at least, beyond himself). To Impactor, Skywarp seemed a little chaotic, to say the least.

If he wasn't attacking me, I think I'd kind of like this mech.

Another missile screeched by inches from his face.

Kind of.

Impactor had finally pinpointed the direction from where the missiles had been coming, so he turned his fire towards that direction. So long as the heat surrounded him, he was somewhat safe from Skywarp's volleys. And he could take a little heat. He launched another round of shots in Skywarp's direction.

Still, Impactor realized he couldn't really use the turret in this mess, lest he risk hitting other Autobots and moving too slowly. Plus, the flier's machine gun had punctured the lower portion of his right arm a bit, so his hand wasn't as steady as he'd like. His armor dented by a few more shots from the gun and the debris begin to fly around him, Impactor launched one more spurt before throwing it further as far as he could, keeping note of where it landed - hopefully intact.

"Stay there!" he shouted, inaudibly in the chaos, out to the weapon.

He quickly began running between some of increasing number of flames, periodically shooting from his shoulder cannon towards Skywarp's direction. Reaching the position of the gatling laser, he grabbed it and fired another burst at Skywarp. He was content with his messy aim, so long as he was moving farther away from the casualties.

After that, he threw the weapon again and began running through from pile to pile, mindful of the laser's position.

If it's hide-and-seek you wanna play, let's play.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Skies, Kaon Outskirts

Skywarp sighed as none of his heat seekers impacted on the offending Autobot, so he retracted the launchers back into his sleek form. Using only his variable-caliber machine guns, he kept strafing fire as Impactor moved. The first volley Impactor fired forced him to bank up. "Spawn of a glitch!"

The Autobot must have gotten a turret or something big. Twirling in the air as Impactor opened fire onto him, Skywarp returned fire with his machine guns. Instinct told him to finish this quickly, teleport behind the slow ground-pounder and shoot him in the back.

Now this, this was fun! A real intelligent prey, something for Skywarp to play around with.

But Skywarp loved a challenge. Laughing, he swooped down, braving several laser blasts that tore his black exostructure, and opened fire towards Impactor, trying to aim for the rifle that the Autobot had obtained. Regardless of the result, Skywarp would bank sharply up, for he figured he made an easier target close onto the ground.