[New RPG] The Two Solitudes: Kaon (Decepticon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Governor's Palace

Megatron smiled when he was introduced to Grimlock and Skullgrin. He recognized them both, although he would hesitate to say he actually knew them. But they were his kind of people, far more so than the politicians and scientists he usually surrounded himself with.

"But only just," he told Grimlock modestly. "You're a fantastic fighter in your own right. And you as well, Skullgrin. What brings the two of you to my home?"

Skullgrin returned the smile. "I wanted to express my support for you in person," the actor said. "Your associate, Mr...Venom, was it? He had approached my people and requested that I endorse you and do some pro-Decepticon advertising. I wanted to see you in action before I made a decision, and you've certainly made the decision an easy one."

"I'm glad to hear it. Welcome to the Decepticons, Skullgrin." Megatron turned back to face Grimlock. "Were you as impressed, my old rival?"

His business with Megatron complete, Skullgrin turned to Venom and said, "Please, tell me more."

Predacon, meanwhile, made his way through the crowd and threw his arm across Megatron's shoulder while crowing. "Brother! How good to see you!"

Megatron's expression grew annoyed. "Predacon," he said noncommittally as he shrugged out of the other Decepticon's embrace.

Without losing steam, the mad scientist continued, "When you're done here, I have some people you just absolutely have to meet."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Kaon Tunnels

"Hmmph." Sixshot snorted as Sludge attempted to chomp down on Highbrow. Was it a Transformer, or one of the odd lifeforms that populated Cybertron that his brain informed him?

No matter no matter. By his own hand or that of the odd creature, the inventors will die. Either way, the inventor would be dead.

Sixshot transformed into his armoured car mode again, this time facing the Autobot soldiers once more. He overheard the conversation between Switch and Jazz. "Hand to hand, boys? You fight back. Good. But first, we need some space."

Sixshot transformed into his weapon mode, the barrel of the gun aiming upwards. A massive beam of energy shot out of the barrel, and began to tear through the ground above him, easily melting the metal off and tearing down a huge chunk of the tunnel's ceiling. "See, Autobots... if I wanted you dead, it would really be so easy in this tunnel. My weapon mode is strong enough to pierce the armour of a battleship."

Good.

Now the prey knows

They only survive

Because I want to play

Had I not

One shot

And they're all dead.

Sixshot transformed into robot mode, standing straight and allowing the Autobots to get a good look of him in the light. He did not even raise his arms or take a defensive stance. "Give me your best shot."

Governor's Palace

Obsidian noted as Venom appeared beside Skullgrin. It was a useful talent, to be able to blend in the crowd like that, but since Skullgrin and Megatron treated Venom pretty civilly, Obsidian mentally noted Venom as an ally. One versed in propaganda, too. Useful, this Megatron, yes. He clearly knew that he could not expect to win just with brute force...

Grimlock chuckled as Megatron spoke to him. "Me, Grimlock, first came here want to have rematch. But him, Skullgrin, and him, General, tell me, Grimlock, you planning revol- rev- hnn. Fight back Iacon. Me, Grimlock, want fight."

That much was true, he did come to Kolkular looking for a rematch, just for the heck of it... but having something to fight for, even if it's a rebellion (if General Obsidian is in it, well, it must be really for Cybertron), well, Grimlock wanted to fight for something.

"Me, Grimlock, im-pressed. You, Megatron, have many friends and allies. And you not lost your touch. Him, Sunflower, good, but you beat him."

Grimlock raised an optic brow as Predacon approached Megatron. "You, Megatron, have baby brother?"
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Kaon Tunnels

"Move!" Wheeljack shouted as he pushed Highbrow out of the way. Not long after, Sixshot blew a hole in the ceiling big enough to fit a dozen Transformers. "The power of this guy is amazing," he said, momentarily forgetting about Sludge. "Not long though. Wheeljack turned around. "Look big guy, we don't want any trouble. Sorry if we disturbed you. We want to leave, but that guy over there makes it impossible for us."

Wheeljack didn't take any chances. He readied his launcher just in case Sludge attacked again.

Jazz got up. Sixshot revealed his robot form. Judging from his stance, Sixshot was hardly intimidated by them. Whether it was overconfidence or not, Jazz couldn't determine. All he knew right now was that Sixshot had alot of firepower. "Hit and run tactics, Autobots," he shouted. "Don't get yourself slagged over this. Extraxting Wheeljack and the other one is our top priority!"

Just when Jazz was about to attack, Sky Lynx's transmission came in. "Best news I received so far, Sky Lynx. Send in Magnus. We're going to need him."

Jazz didn't want to wait for Magnus and charged at Sixshot. He knew that lacked to power to match Sixshot's, but he had speed that he could possibly use to his advantage. Close to Sixshot, Jazz went directly for the head with a tornado kick.

Magnus walked down the ramp. He nodded. "Our orders are clear Sky Lynx. Get in and get out. Shouldn't be too hard," he said. He looked around and maneuvered himself through the debris of Wheeljack's Workshop. After a few moments, he found the hole that lead towards the tunnels. "Sky Lynx. I found a point of entry. Entering the tunnel right now. Keep in contact."

He jumped down and could hear sounds of fighting in the distance. "Magnus to Jazz. I'll be there in a few kliks. Make sure to move out of the way when I arrive."

Magnus transformed into his armoured Cybertronian truck mode and tried to gain as much speed as he could over the short distance to ram Sixshot.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Lady Quickswitch

Post by Lady Quickswitch »

Kaon, Outside Wheeljack's Workshop

Sky Lynx transformed into his split module forms and positioned himself outside the workshop. These lives would soon find refuge. He watched for Magnus and this multi-changer.

======

Kaon Tunnels

Sludge blinked as Highbrow was pushed out of the way. He would have pursued him, but then Wheeljack was speaking to him about getting out of the tunnels.

Sludge started to speak, but then Sixshot's show of power brought the tunnel ceiling down on them. The large monitor stood there as debris rained down and mostly bounced off his lizard mode.

Sludge transformed to a large, heavily armored robot mode and pointed up.

"Him make big hole," said the primitive, as if that solved Wheeljack's dilemma.

=====

Switch paled as the multi-former turned into another form, a gun mode, and blasted the ceiling. He dodged falling debris and saw as Sixshot transformed into a massive and dangerous looking robot mode. And he didn't even try defending himself when Jazz moved in to kick him in the head.

They would be dead in kliks. And if he was to die, it would be as an Autobot should. He charged forward trying to knock the Six Changer off balance and do some possible damage to him.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Kaon Tunnels

Sixshot ignored Wheeljack, Highbrow and Sludge as they spoke. Whatever the outcome of their interaction, Sixshot really did not care; either way the scientists will die.

Instead, he turned his attention to Jazz. The leader of the little squad of Autobot soldier boys. To his credit, Jazz was brave. Stupid and doomed, but brave. He would make a fine first kill.

Sixshot moved when Jazz dashed at him, but the smaller Autobot was faster than he gave him credit for. The kick slammed onto the crown of his head, knocking his head to one side, making a small dent on the crown-like armour on Sixshot’s head. Sixshot snorted as his massive, cleaver-shaped beast-mode claws deployed from his knuckles with a -snikt-.

With one hand, he pulled out his hypersonic concussion cannon from its holster on Sixshot’s hips, and opened fire at the incoming Switch.

He attempted to slash Jazz into two, and would have succeeded in doing so if Magnus had not arrived on the scene.

Ah, good. They were starting to fight back.

Seeing the relatively large truck charging towards him, Sixshot let out a growl, and instead tried to stab Magnus’s front. “More vermin for the slaughter!” Sixshot growled. “Come on! None of you had even made me stretch a servo yet! Come on! Let my first kill be something good!”
Brave Maximus

Kaon - Tunnels

Post by Brave Maximus »

Not good....

The Autobots there were in trouble, from one foe - this was a bit of a problem. But orders were orders, and the Scientist were priority. Magnus and co were doing their job, now it was time to do his:

His black and red truck lauched itself over the rubble and he transformed, and the same time, he launched himself up and transformed as well, connecting into robot mode. As he flew through the air, he pulled his rifle from it's holder on his back, the air crackling and frost falling from it. He fired a few shots at the rubble falling from Sixshot's attack. The balls of ultracold Plasma hit them, their structure compacting with the cold, turning themselves into powder.

He landed on the ground, putting himself between the Decepticon and the scientists - not that it mattered, the giant seemed to be after sport. He turned to face Highbrow and Wheeljack, his blue optics flashin in the dark Tunnel:

"Alright guys, we need to get you out of here...."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Governors Palace

Venom steepled his fingers.

"Well I was considering something where a strong leader emerged to champion the common good and to challenge the forces of conservatism. What about the Rust Sea mutiny. You know where the 3rd fleet rebelled because they hadn't been paid in cycles and their energon ration was cut and the quartermaster was skimming off the top as well."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Governor's Palace

"I know of that mutiny." Obsidian told Venom, the mention of war piquing his interest. "The third fleet had so little energon that whatever resistance they offered was hardly enough. It was one of the few rebellions I did not partake in personally. Sentinel was the one responsible for that pacification, citing treachery and similar accusations."

Obsidian steppled his fingers. "Just so you know, that is."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Governors Palace

Venom nodded slowly.

"I believe one of the Marines, Bridgehead managed significiant successes in championing the 3rd fleet 's cause He stopped Sentinels knee jerk reaction of random slaughter of the mutineers and even managed to increase their rations which led them to some worthy victories against the enemy in the latter stages of the war
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Governors Palace

"Quite true..." Obsidian told Venom. "Really, with incompetent, hotheaded greenhorns like Sentinel at the head of the military, I am, frankly, ashamed to have ever served in Iacon's New Military Act."

Obsidian shook his head. "Yet another reason why we need to remove the current government. Cut off Zeta Prime, Sentinel and the heads of the Senate, and the soldiers of Iacon, the good and brave soldiers, they will flock to the winning cause once they see the err of the ways of the current government."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Kaon Tunnels

Wheeljack scratched his head. "Ah, yeah," he replied to Sludge. The creature suddenly went from hostile ot friendly. Strange, though not unwanted. The guy was probably just angry that his rest was disturbed.

"I can see the hole, my nameless friend, but there's no way for me to reach that. You think you can give us a hand getting out of here?"

It was then that another Transformer entered the scene. The mech made sure that all falling debris wouldn't hit himself and Highbrow, ensuring their safety. "Not that I'm not grateful and all for the save, but we're attracting way too much attention and we need to get out of here," he said to the nameless mech. "I've seen what that guy can do," he said while pointing to Sixshot. "Those Autobots can only hold him off for so long. You have an escape plan?"

Jazz hurt his foot just kicking Sixshot in the head. He didn't show it though since he had no time for pain. He had to moe out of the way quickly to avoid getting split in two by Sixshot.

Magnus was coming in fast an Jazz saw that Sixshot stood ready for him. Jazz knew what he had to do. He had to distract Sixshot so Magnus would have an opening.

"Forgot about me, did you," Jazz said while dashing around Sixshot while trying to land some punches and kicks. Normally this kind of an attack would take out any enemy quickly, but Sixshot's armour was pretty tough to get through. "You're not killing anybody today!"

Skies: Prime Shuttle

We've entered Kaon airspace," Kup said to Zeta Prime and the others. "Won't be long before we reach the destination coordinates."

Governor's Palace

"Yes, yes, I know," Tarantulas answered Scorponok. Tarantulas shuddered. "Let's get this over with. Hanging around these ... simpletons." Tarantulas looked at Mindwipe, back at Scorponok and then at Springer who he spotted in the distance. "Say the word and I'll have Springer remove his head any way you want it to," and then giggled.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Governor's Palace

"He wishes!" Predacon laughed at Grimlock. "I'm older than him. By three tenths of a second, mind you, but I'll take what I can get."

Megatron made a noise like boulders rumbling down a mountain. "Where are these friends of yours, Predacon?"

"I'll bring them over," he said. The scientist looked back across the room, making eye contact with Scorponok and Tarantulas and waving them over.

"But before that...a gift."

On that signal, Predacon's platoon of Vehicons marched in, saluted Megatron and dropped to one knee with their heads bowed.

"I call them Vehicons. The first of many." Predacon smiled. "An army of perfectly loyal soldiers, just for you."

"Why brother..." Megatron said with a grin, "you shouldn't have."

Skullgrin chuckled. "I appreciate the sentiment," he told Venom, "but I'm not quite a good enough actor to pull off a nautical role. I turn into a tank, don't forget."

A big -- and surprisingly, genuine -- grin spread across his face.

"Maybe we should do something about the Destrons? We're a lot like them, you know. And I've always been told that I'd make a wonderful Emperor of Destruction Violen Jiger." He chuckled. "Of course, that was when I was in Iacon, and they tend to cast him as a villain."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Governor's Palace

Venom nodded.

"Thats the beauty of it he was a marine and I believe he turned into a tank of some sort but the Destrons theres an intriguing idea yes, that might just work."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Kaon Tunnels

The new arrival seems to be helping Wheeljack and Highbrow.

No.

They cannot escape.

But

First

"I'm toying with you weaklings." Sixshot growled. "You saw the blast. If I wanted you dead, you'd be dead." Sixshot lunged with one hand, attempting to grab one of Jazz's flailing limbs and tear it off the Autobot. "If you haven't realized, that fancy dance doesn't work."

The other arm took aim with the concussion cannon and fired at Magnus several times. "I know you." Sixshot narrowed his optics.

Scorponok's database

Has something

About this one

Yes

Magnus

The undefeated soldier

Time to kill the undefeated

Much better prey

Yes

Governor's Palace

Scorponok let his gaze drift to Springer. "In a game like this, Tarantulas, even fools like Mindwipe can be utilized. We need pawns, you see, and sometimes there is some things that a sentient being could do better than one of Predacon's little toy soldiers."

Scorponok chuckled. "He's disposable, of course. Like everything else..."

The former Senator noticeed Predacon waving them over and nodded. "That's our cue, Tarrie."

Grimlock tilted his head to one side, bemused by this strange being Predacon. It was so utterly curious that Megatron and Predacon could be brothers and yet be so... different.

Grimlock let out a short snort, resisting the urge to chuckle. He knew he could take Megatron, but he did not feel like losing the chance to join up with these Decepticons.

Grimlock tilted his head at the Vehicons, not very impressed. Drones. Weak, fragile, and silly. "Me, Grimlock, think they not smart. And fragi- frag- weak."

Obsidian nodded at Skullgrin and Venom.

"Now, the Destrons I do recall very clearly." Obsidian said. "But we are not very like them. They wanted to turn Cybertron into a dreadnought to plunder other races, turning most of our populace into slave labor." Obsidian tapped his chin with a long, blood-red, skeletal finger. "Of course, that was a long time ago. The Nova Prime era..."

Obsidian tilted his head, remembering the details of that particular campaign. "Violen Jiger, I faced him personally. Horrible creature, that one. Fused himself with some sort of off-planet creature. By the time our forces reached him, there's nothing of the original so-called Emperor of Destruction left, only a senseless beast." Obsidian tapped his other wrist gauntlet with the same finger. "I put him out of his misery."
Ulcrain
Protoform

Post by Ulcrain »

Governers Palece

Mindwipe turned to Obsidian, wide eyed. ''You. Fought. The Destrons.'' His head was ''Anyone else there?''
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Kaon Tunnels

Jazz felt Sixshot's firm and icey grip on his arm and within kliks his arm was ripped clean off. And intense pain shot through Jazz's systems. A pain that he had never experienced before. Jazz wanted to scream in pain, but didn't. He was the field leader and he had to be strong. If only for Switch and Topspin.

Jazz leaned against the wall. Internal repairs were working overtime to stop his energon leaks. He picked up his arm from the floor and leaned against the wall. He dropped down to the floor and sat down. "Is that the best you got? he said, while coughing up oil.

Magnus came in at full speed. He managed to dodge the first shot from Sixshot's concussion cannon, but the second one hit him. He took the full brunt of the blast but it didn't stop him. He wanted to reach Jazz and the others at any cost to keep them safe.

When he was close, he transformed and used his speed to launch himself at Sixshot, intending to take him down. "End of the line, you monster!"

Governor's Palace

Tarantulas nodded. "Yes. I believe it's time for us to meet the Governor," he replied to Scorponok.
Aspiring DJ!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Governers Palece

"Child, I've fought the Destrons, the Malignus Revolutioners, the Destrongen Militia, the Predacons, the Renegades, the Quintessons, the Thetacon Rebels, the Cult of Unicron terrorist movement, three different Minicon uprisings, several dozen rogue creatures from the bowels of Mother Cybertron, and repelled no less than twenty-seven separate alien invasions, and that's not my entire resume." Obsidian told Mindwipe. "I've never lost a campaign, and I don't intend to lose this one."

Kaon Tunnels

"HA!" Sixshot snorted in triumph as Jazz[/s]'s arm was torn off without much of a fuss. Sixshot tossed the arm away as Jazz fell back. "Hardly. The best I got? It'll vaporize your entire squad with one shot. But- nggaa-"

Sixshot's boasts was interrupted as Magnus, damaged as he is, charged onto him. This time, Sixshot was knocked to the ground, on his back, Magnus on top of him.

He was laughing, however.

"Oh, good show!" tossing his cannon onto the ground, Sixshot attempted to ram the massive bladed claws on his knuckles onto Magnus' stomach and chest, intending to shishkebab the Autobot warrior. "But really. You're the undefeatable? Ha! What a riot."
Lady Quickswitch

Post by Lady Quickswitch »

Kaon Tunnels

Sludge looked at Wheeljack and introduced himself.

"Mm... Me Sludge," said the waste-disposal unit, "Me know tunnels. Me work in tunnels. Me work for strong leader. Me Sludge know way out."

He looked again at the large hole made by Sixshot.

"Why you not go out big hole? It right there," Sludge asked obliviously. All he saw were units fighting over scrap waste, not the dire situation it truly was.

=====

The force of the concussive blast flung Switch backward so violently that sections of his armor buckled and warped, some even coming off completely and damaging the circuits within.

His supine body twitched with terrible agony in the dark. He heard Jazz speaking, heard the multi-changer.

He looked around, disoriented, and it was only by the crackling light from his own torn, exposed wiring that he could see Jazz in the distance, and the multi-changer as it tore off his arm and discarded him.

"Commander..." he croaked as Jazz was dismembered, then looked around with his optics for Topspin, "Top...spin... have to...."

One. It was only one. And it could do this to all of them combined. He was raw and mad with terror as he fumbled with the rifle he'd pulled from subspace.

An Autobot stands for law and justice. An Autobot is brave in the face of adversity. An Autobot never falters, even when faced with death. An Autobot--

Terrified, Switch aimed his rifle at the multi-changer's right optic.

He saw a lifeless, empty hunger within. Was this "Sixshot" being even a Cybertronian?

An Autobot upholds--

His finger closed on the trigger just as Magnus struck the multi-changer. His head fell, on the edge of stasis lock.

=====

Kaon, Outside Wheeljack's Workshop

Sky Lynx paced impatiently and circled the sky as he waited for Magnus to draw out the multi-changer.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Governor's Palace

Predacon waved the Vehicons away and they spread throughout the hall, monitoring the guests and taking up guard positions at the doors. Then he turned to Grimlock, his voice just a bit defensive. "They're as smart as they need to be. They were born with all the training that a new soldier would receive in basic training, and they think of nothing but doing their duty. Weak?" He shrugged. "Compared to the likes of you, yes. Compared to an average footsoldier? They can hold their own."

Megatron cocked his head to one side. "I have to wonder," he said, "just where you got these wonderful new soldiers."

Predacon smiled. "You remember that cathedral full of stuffy monks just down the street?"

"Yes," Megatron replied feelingly.

"It's not a cathedral anymore. More a mad scientists' lair swarming with freshly-built stormtroopers, courtesy of the Vector computer that we captured."

"We?" Megatron asked.

"Me and my associates," Predacon said with a wave toward the two mechs approaching them. "Brother, allow me to present..." he paused, stretching the moment out for dramatic effect, "...Scorponok, late of the Cybertron Senate, and Tarantulas, my colleague and fellow professor from the Kaon Polytechnic Institute."

"A marine, you say? Tell me more." Skullgrin smiled at Venom. "I've played a marine once or twice in the past. Not in anything that was even remotely approaching realistic, of course, but it's not often you get a chance for that in today's cinema. The Iaconians who run things only want bland action movies, not anything with facts behind it."

He turned to Obsidian, interested in the old soldier's stories of battling the Destrons.

"Oh, their leadership left something to be desired," he agreed, "but that's easy to brush over in a film. Their soldiers, though...if what I've read is accurate, most of the Destron recruits came to them with much the same complaints that our soldiers have had. Poor treatment at the hands of society, marginalization, forced criminality...frankly, the Decepticons are just lucky that Megatron is nothing like Violen Jiger."
Brave Maximus

Kaon - Tunnels

Post by Brave Maximus »

Hytherion looked up at the big hole that Sixshot had made, then turned to Wheeljack and Highbrow:

"The big guy's right... Exit's that way!" He jerked his thumb skyward. "We've got a lot of 'Bot's trying to get you out of here - now get!"

He turned to look at Sludge: "You too - no reason to stick around and get slagged by that monster!"

With that, he dropped to his knee, spinning around, raising his rifle. His angle allowed him to miss the Autobots. He fired a few rounds, low to the ground - just as Magnus launched himself at the Decepticon. The first few round hit the ground, one after the other, freezing a path solid, it shimmered like glass. The last two were aimed at the ankle and knee joints of the monster.

edit: Ment to say something to Sludge and completely forgot - edited in