[New RPG] The Two Solitudes: Kaon (Decepticon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Chip1123
Protoform

Kaon Office

Post by Chip1123 »

"The bigger the challenge, the bigger the audience." Clench said in reply to Grimlock. "And the bigger the audience, the more notorious you become for each win, my friend."

Clench sat back in his chair. "And to answer your question, I can't be directly involved with any individual fighters since I run the arenas. Conflict of interest and all. But it does benefit me to have the best fighters performing on the biggest stages, and that's where you come in. I believe you can draw tremendous crowds."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Main Spaceport

"We'll have to agree to disagree on that," Lugnut told Skywarp flatly. A few seconds later, before the other seeker had a chance to retort, he pointed toward the window and said, "They're touching down. Let's go meet our new friends, hmm?"

He headed off to an exit near where Jetfire and Starscream had come down, gesturing for Skywarp and Thrust to come with him.

After letting the spaceport tractor-beam him to a stop, Jetfire transformed into robot mode with a huge smile on his face. "Oh, it's good to be home," he said. The fact that he was in a strange city instead of the familiar confines of Iacon only made him happier still. He was home and he got to explore, all in one.

Advanced Research Labs, Kaon Polytechnic Institute

"Oh, it's no one thing," Predacon told Scorponok, glad to have someone who was interested in his work. "They physical changes themselves are no big deal. We can do them now, on new protoforms and on existing robots. But I had to make some changes to the core operating system, and some adjustments to the basic psychological algorithms as well. Oh, and some changes to the physical architecture of the brain module, too. The problem wasn't so much that we couldn't make a triplechanger, so much as that all of them went hopelessly insane when we did. Our brains are hardwired to only accept one alternate mode at a time, and having more than that causes...problems."

His lecture was cut short when he heard another knock at the door.

"Yes, what is it?" he asked Finback, impatient but not unfriendly.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Finback manouevred his hoverchair through the door.

"I'm looking for someone who can provide me with a new body."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Stanix

Gunrunner had just passed the Tagan Heights, the Tri-Torus Loop, Praxus, the twin cities of Tarn and Vos in a hectic beeline towards Kaon. A quick refuelling trip in Tarn, and he shot off above Stanix, the landscape moving below him as he shot through the sky.

"Wheeljack, this is Gunrunner. You know, the volunteer to Project: Pretender Vehicle?" Gunrunner opened a private communique to the channel he had been given.

Advanced Laboratories, Kaon Polytechnic Institute

Scorponok nodded, listening intently to Predacon's words. How true. If changes were made in the coding instead of the physical protoforms... only a twisted mind like his colleague's could think of it. And all those other things he had mentioned... "Physical adjustments to the brain module? What exactly?"

He smiled slightly at the mention of psychological problems at being forced to handle more than one alternate mode at one time. His poor employee Trident was rebuilt into a triple-changer under Scorponok's own ministrations. But he developed three personalities: a hot-headed maniac, an ice-cold deliberator and one that's totally insane. Scorponok had put the wretched failure out of his misery. Damned if Predacon knew about that incident, though...

The ex-Senator glared at Finback when he entered the room. Rust. What an interesting condition... "You don't look so good, old timer..." He flexed his claws dramatically. "Could see why you want a new body. What do you have to offer in return, though?"

Main Spaceport

"Yeah, we'll agree to disagree." Skywarp mimicked Lugnut's bass tone, chuckling afterwards.

However, instead of following Lugnut and Thrust, Skywarp focused on teleporting silently, and disappeared in a swirl of black and purple.

An identical swirl sprouted out behind some crates, and Skywarp re-materialized with nary a sound (barring a slight hum drowned out by nearby engines) or a crackle of energy. Skywarp smiled. Good thing he painted himself black. The position he put him in hid him, and placed Starscream and Jetfire between him and his fellow Decepticons.

This time, he'll let Lugnut and Thrust do the talking...

"Notorious mean me get to fight stronger enemy?" Grimlock fully knew well what notorious meant, but he wanted Clench to underestimate him as a simple beast with an obsession in battling.

"If you Clench not going to handle me Grimlock, who will? Me Grimlock want to fight best enemies, though."

That last bit was true. Better challenges, better honing of his skills...
Chip1123
Protoform

Main Spaceport

Post by Chip1123 »

"Right behind ya." Thrust said to Lugnut, picking up the pace to keep up with him. He sighed as Skywarp teleported, wondering where he had went. Hopefully he went somewhere with a good vantage point in case this thing goes south.

----------------------

Kaon Office

Clench sighed to himself and replied to Grimlock. "Notrious means being well known, or famous. So yes, the more 'well known' you become, the better quality of fighter you get to face. It means you'll be moving up the ranks."

"If you don't have anyone in mind to represent your interests, I can certainly recommend a few bots who would be glad to handle your affairs."

(OOC: Anyone want to volunteer for the role?)
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Main Spaceport

"Is he always like this?" Lugnut asked Thrust when Skywarp disappeared again. "I could see this getting tiresome very quickly."

As he spoke, he unfolded a large sign that read "JETFIRE/STARSCREAM".

Predacon waved Scorponok's question away offhandedly. "That's starting to get a bit...technical, unless you've got a few degrees in technobiology."

He cocked his head to one side as he regarded the dilapidated Finback. "And I can see why. What's happened to you? Don't mind Scorponok, he hates everybody."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Main Spaceport

Skywarp couldn't help but burst out laughing as Lugnut unfurled the huge sign with Starscream and Jetfire's name. Oh Primus, that was so preciously funny to see that Skywarp doubled over.

I think I'm going to like this big lummox, Skywarp told himself.

"Famous. Better enemy. Mmm..." Grimlock pretended to mull over and digest what Clench had said. "Me Grimlock want to be notorious. You Clench can help me Grimlock?"

If fighting to the top would let him have payback against Megatron for that one ignominious defeat...

From the corner of his optic band he saw the activity around Lugnut's group, but ignored it.

"You'll find that I can understand that. I've made quite a few less-than-legal experiments myself when I have more resources than now." Scorponok told Predacon, keeping his words vague enough from Finback.

He groaned when Predacon said his name out loud. "You know, I am trying to hide in this city, Predacon..."

But Scorponok immediately waved the concern aside. Finback wasn't in the position to tell anyone anything. Plus, the scientific part of Scorponok's head began to consider the problem. Finback was rusting at an innatural way. Cosmic Rust? Scraplets? Some new disease? "How did you become like this?" Scorponok asked, his tone marginally less harsh than before, though the ever-present scowl was still there.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Finback replied

"well I'm a Naval mech and spend a lot of time on the Rust Sea as you know it's been denatured however our medic reckons I picked up either a mutated form or maybe made contact with some previously undiscovered underrust creature that infected me."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Advanced Labs, Kaon Polytechnic Institute

Scorponok nodded, listening to Finback's story. The Rust Sea... possibly some unknown disease had assailed the poor wretch. Scorponok found it both fascinating yet abhorrent at the same time.

"A Naval mech? Doesn't the military have insurance against incidents like this?" Scorponok asked, narrowing his optics.
Chip1123
Protoform

Main Spaceport

Post by Chip1123 »

"Sadly, yes." Thrust replied to Lugnut, regarding Skywarp's antics. "You get used to it though."

Thrust look at the sign Lugnut unfolded. Llike that sign. Make it yourself?"

---------------------------

"We can certianly arrange it. How soon can you be ready for your next fight?" Clench replied to Grimlock. "I'll need some time to set up, advertise, etc - especially to find a fighter willing and/or stupid enough to challenge you, but with your wins already, you should place mid-level in the circuit to begin with."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Main Spaceport

"Me Grimlock ready for battle anytime, anywhere!" Grimlock told Clench, the enthusiasm evident in his voice. "Bring it on! Me go from mid-level to high-level in no time!"
Selkadoom

Spaceport (OOC: got a new PSP :) )

Post by Selkadoom »

The duo approached Thrust and company "Well you look like you could use some high quality talent like me and my friend" shot out Thundercracker.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Kaon, Street

Deathsaurus removed the energon holder from his mouth, "Have either of you been to the Red Geist yet? It's the new pub that just opened dowtown. I've heard wonderful things about it. We've a reserved balcony table. Once there, Astrotrain, you may share whatever terrible news it is that you have, and how you are going to fix it." He turned to Dirge, "Tell me, my friend, do you pay attention to politics much?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Main Spaceport

"Of course I did," Lugnut told Thrust seriously. "Why do you ask?"

He barely restrained a groan when Thundercracker walked up, realizing that he was neither Starscream nor Jetfire.

Then again, if he's actually got any talent...

"Thrust, why don't you and Skywarp take our new friends here for a test-fly? If they're as good as they say they are, we can take them back to Megatron along with the two we came here for."

"And there's so much point in hiding when the entire city is made up of pariahs," Predacon told Scorponok teasingly. "Why, someone might -- gasp -- judge you if they knew who you were." He cocked his head to one side. "Except no, since this isn't Iacon."

He listened to the clawed giant chit-chat with Finback, then cut in. "Insurance doesn't do much good if they don't know what the problem is."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Scorponok shrugged at Predacon's words. "What's the use of staying undercover when someone eager for money can call the Iacon goons and say 'good day, I know where corrupt ex-Senator Scorponok is', hmmm?"

"If the old guy here has insurance he can easily pay for your unorthodox services, Predacon." Scorponok told his smaller comrade. "Speaking of which, what do you think ails this wretch? I'll say Cosmic Rust, but it doesn't look contagious. Ain't gonna test out my own theory, mind you."

Main Spaceport

Skywarp, not able to listen to Lugnut and Thrust's conversation, frowned when Thundercracker and Dreadwing approached his allies. Who are they now? Are they trying to screw their mission up?

Skywarp settled into a crouch to hide himself from everyone's view, ready to warp into action at a moment's notice.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Finback wheeezed.

"You be right Sir , I have the money but until they can find a cure it be no use to me. I invested some of me prize money wisely. It's got to the point where a new body be the only viable solution."
Chip1123
Protoform

Kaon Office

Post by Chip1123 »

"Excellent." Clench replied to Grimlock. "I will contact a few agents and see who we can get to represent you. Also, I'll start work on scheduling a higher profile match. I'll contact you once the arrangements have been made. It has been a pleasure doing business with you Grimlock."

--------------------------------

Main Spaceport

"We'll see what we have in them." Thrust replied to Lugnut. "We'll be close by if needed."

Thrust sent a silent message to Skywarp, "Lugnut wants us to test these two's skills. Possible recruits for Megatron."

Turning to Thundercracker and Dreadwing, "Once my friend gets here, we'll see what you two can do. Anything special about ya we should know before hand?"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Streets, Kaon

"I listen to the newsbytes," Dirge answered to Deathsaurus, still maintaining his vigil as they walked the streets. He didn't typically pay that much attention to the news, but he did on occasion, and he heard things from the other security staff.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Advanced Research Laboratories, Kaon Polytechnic Institute

"But those people in Iacon won't spare a protoform, even for a war veteran like yourself." Scorponok said, inferring from Finback's story. "Fortunately you have come to the right place. Predacon here has the technical know-how to transfer you into a new body... while a blank protoform would be relatively easy to acquire."

Scorponok clacked his massive claws together. "It'll probably be painful, and knowing us we'll probably cut your old body apart to study the disease. What say you, mister...?"

Main Spaceport

Grimlock nodded. High tier fights! It was what Grimlock wanted, and if there were strings attached Grimlock would personally beat Clench up. "Nice doing business with you Clench too. Me Grimlock ap-pre-ci-ate it."

Grimlock purposely rolled the word 'appreciate' slowly as if he had never said it before, pretending that he was only trying to impress Clench.

He shut off the commlink then, and strode towards the local bar.

Skywarp listened to Thrust's words, then thought about it, before saying, "No. Megatron sent us to retrieve Starscream and Jetfire, and that must be our main task. Send them to the Forge or something, but this must take priority. Megatron's orders."

Lugnut should've known better than that... those two seemed harmless enough but it could be a trap, or a distraction...
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Advanced Research Laboratories, Kaon Polytechnic Institute

Finback nodded

"Naval affairs don't have the budget it all be going to the land and air forces. If there be more liquid on this planet then it would be a different story and dat there Sentinel well he's all about the new and exciting he don't value us experienced Veterans. As for the pain Zur I've known my fair share of pain in my service. I've had 12 new legs, 7 new arms and 4 new optics in my time."