[G1 RPG] Terminus: The Chessmaster (Iacon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Main Hangar Bay, the Decagon

Whirl nodded. Any Wrecker's word is good enough for him. "Spinny, what about that other guy, the one beside Arcee? He looks much more prepared than your stuffy friend, but I don't recognize him." Turning to Overdrive, "Do you?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Main Hangar Bay, The Decagon

Ultra Magnus smiled grimly as Whirl set down. "It's good to have you," he said. "We have information that Imperial troops are landing in Protihex. We've been cut off from our own people and don't have any intelligence on what we might find. The Wreckers will have to be the tip of the spear that we thrust at the enemy."

As he was talking, he glanced over at Arcee and gave her a curt, welcoming nod. He was glad that at least one of the troops he'd served with for so long was going to be accompanying him.

After acknowledging Topspin's joking comment with a glance, he answered Highbrow. "Honestly, I have no idea. I issued a general summons, but our troop levels have been steadily dropping since the Quintessons were defeated. If we get more than two dozen I'll be pleasantly surprised."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hangar Bay, The Decagon

"But of course! Why wouldn't it be good to have me?" Whirl asked Magnus. "Imperials? Ah, so they have come. When do we leave?"

Arcee raised her hand slightly and waved at Magnus, regarding him with a smile.

Iacon Streets

"Springer, I have news of utmost importance to you." Monocle commed the former Wrecker. "There seems to be an emergency summons in the Autobot base, and I do think it is worth checking out. The last time something like this happened it was the Quintesson invasion."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Main Hangar Bay

Overdrive shrugged. "Some techno geek weapons development guy I think."

~*~

Steelshot drew up and transformed.

He saluted Magnus. "Steelshot and Beacon reporting for duty, retirement was starting to bore us. I'd rather fight and die than just stagnate, never did want to live forever anyway."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

(ooc: Hope this is alright, been outta this one for a while.)

Close to the Main Hangar Bay

"Thanks, buddy," Springer replied to Monocle. "I actually received the emergency call. Believe it or not, Prowl had me autobraned so I'm an Autobot again. I'm on my way there now."

Springer transformed to helicopter mode and made his way to the Main Hangar Bay.

Drift's Apartment

Jazz looked over at the mechs in the room. "You think there's going to be an attack on Autobase, Crosshairs? I'll need more details on the location. Standard procedure would be to inform Ultra Magnus or Prowl. However, judging from the call we just got, I'm guessing that they have their hands full with something else right now."

Jazz walked to the exit. "The four of us need to get close to the location ASAP. We can formulate a plan there so lets roll."

Main Hangar Bay

Cliffjumper and Brawn made their way to the Main Hangar bay and transformed to robot mode, awaiting instructions.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Main Hangar Bay

Whirl waved at Brawn, recognizing the beefy little Minibot from his time working alongside the Wreckers back when they blew up Metrotitan.

Arcee sighed, giving Cliffjumper and Brawn curt nods as they arrived.

A familiar sound seemed to come from the distance. A very distinctive whupwhupwhupwhup...

Arcee glanced up, and her mouth hung open. There, flying down into the Main Hangar Bay was...

"Springer..."

Arcee quickly covered the distance between her and Ultra Magnus, the only Autobot in the room she knew long enough. "Magnus. Is that Springer?" She asked, her optics glimmering in confusion.

Drift's Apartment

"So the attackers -- the Cybertronian Empire judging by Crosshairs' description -- are trying to use whatever crisis Ultra Magnus has his hands full with as a distraction while they level the Autobase?" Drift asked Jazz, as he revved his engines. "We cannot waste any time, then."

Streets

"It is truly relieving to hear such news, comrade." Monocle told Springer. "I myself am en route to the Autobase."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"We leave immediately," Magnus told Whirl. "All Autobots, board your ships! That includes you two," he told Steelshot and Beacon. "Consider your retirements officially revoked, at least for the duration of the attack."

He squinted into the distance, then nodded to Arcee. "It is indeed. Come with me."While the troops started to board the shuttles, he made his way toward the hangar entrance to intercept the triplechanger.

Drift's Apartment

"I think it's the only possibility that makes sense," Crosshairs told Jazz as he transformed to vehicle mode. "Got to check it out anyway, right?"

Sideswipe followed the others out, keeping his mouth shut. He wasn't big on planning either, and liked it a lot better when someone pointed him at the enemy and set him loose.
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

Main Hangar Bay, the Decagon

Topspin walked over to the Wreckers. "So since we get to do the heavy lifting, does that mean we get the best shuttle?"

Ironfist and Highbrow both boarded another shuttle, ready to get underway.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Streets, outside Drift's apartment

In vehicle mode, Jazz made his way towards Autobase as quick as he could. "Gotta work up a plan on the fly, I guess," he said to no one in particular. "Drift? Are your stealth skills as good as they were back when you were Deadlock?"

Jazz sped up a little more. "We got no idea of the threat level, so we need to establish what we're dealing with first, but quick. Also gonna need somebody that's a good shot. Who of you has the best sniping skills?"

Dinobot Shuttle

"So we gonna pound something or what?" Snarl said impatiently.

Springer saw two very familiar figures in the distance standing in the entrance to the Hangar Bay. Ultra Magnus and Arcee. Two mechs that he considered to be among his best friends. Until he abandoned them.

This can't go well, he thought as he transformed to robot mode and landed in front of them, chest forward and proudly showing the Autobot symbol on it. That pride faded quick however as he realised that this could become just a painful conversation like he had with Roadbuster.

"So, ahh," he scratched the back of his head, avoiding eye contact. "You have room for one more?"
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Main Hangar Bay

"Tch." Whirl made a derisive snort at Overdrive's identification, keeping his voice low enough so only the two of them (and Topspin, who was nearby) would hear. "I think I remember him. Someone tried to get him hooked with the Wreckers, but it wasn't meant to be. Weapons development guy... does he even have combat experience?"

Turning to Topspin, Whirl shrugged. "What, we ain't going to use the ship I bought just now? Well, the more for us to crash anyway, which one strikes your-"

Whirl's single optic caught Ultra Magnus and Arcee moving, and saw what they saw. "Mother carrie's chickens..." Whirl muttered when he saw Springer. "He's got the gall to show his mug around here..."

Monocle arrived at the scene and transformed, strolling in, his old Autobrand gleaming where it had been re-attached to his chest. "Reporting for duty, sir." He told Magnus, but was cut off by Arcee's murderous glare. Monocle then saw who the officer was walking towards, and said a simple "Ah."

Swoop's wings unfurled and he flew in robot mode towards the Dinobots' shuttle. "Snarl, Striker, let's make Grimlock proud of us."

Arcee made a low, uncharacteristic growl at the bottom of her throat as she stalked off beside Ultra Magnus, face contorted by rage, blue optics shining wildly as he glared at Monocle, who tried to catch Magnus' attention. (OOC: Think one of her angry expressions from the earlier IDW material. Without the lipstick and mascara.)

When she got close enough, she regarded Springer from head to toe. Still the same body configuration. Still the same cocky look in his eyes, like he can do whatever he damn wants and get away with it.

So if he dies he can do whatever he wants? Kup died! Optimus Prime died!

And worse, Springer had abandoned them. Left them. Left her. Kup is dead, Daniel is gone, Hot Rod's head is filled with crazy schemes (although having been a Prime, Arcee doesn't really blame him), who knows where Blurr and Perceptor are now...

But Springer, he left them under his own free will. He left them behind.

Arcee allowed Springer to say one of his one-liners, then whipped her right arm in a savage backhanded slap at Springer's face.

Drift's Apartment

"Better." Drift told Jazz when the other Autobot addressed him. It was nice to be on speaking terms, if not exactly friendly ones. "I am trained in those arts. What would you have me do?"

"The best sniper among us would be Crosshairs, I think."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Ultra Magnus nodded curtly. "We...do."

His head snapped to one side and he glared at the femme who had accompanied him. "Arcee! You're an Autobot soldier. I expect you to behave like one, and not like a hysterical housewife on one of those horrid 1950's sitcoms Wreck-Gar is always watching. Springer is a fellow Autobot and if you can't treat him with the respect the badge entitles him to you can stay here to keep Prowl company. Am I making myself clear?"

Without waiting for Arcee to reply, he turned to Springer and said, "I for one am glad you're here. I have a strong feeling that Gigatron's Decepticons will be involved in the battle, and your connections should help us coordinate the battle more easily."

Roads

"Yeah, I think I've got claim to that," Crosshairs admitted. "I might not be as sharp as I was when I worked with Pinpointer, but I still know how to handle something with a scope. What do you need me to do, Jazz?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Main Hangar Bay

Striker followed the other Dinobots.

"We really need some kind of tag like Wreck and rule, hmm Dinobots attack? Dinobots Demolish?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Main Hangar Bay

Arcee looked at Ultra Magnus, expression shifting from contorted-with-rage to calm-bottled-up-anger. "I am not hysterical, Magnus. Whatever gave you the impression of that?" She said slowly with utter and deliberate calmness.

"Dinobots kick butt always worked for Grimlock..." Swoop told Striker. "The old Grimlock anyway."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Ultra Magnus gave Arcee an icy, unblinking glare.

"Assaulting a fellow Autobot is never acceptable, soldier," he snapped. "Doing it in an emergency situation when we're about to ship out into combat is completely out of line. But if you did it because you were emotionally overwhelmed, I can look the other way and pretend it didn't happen. The alternative is that you just committed a premeditated assault on a comrade-in-arms, and I have to get someone to drag you off to the brig and keep you locked up until one of Deftwing's lawyers has time to deal with you.

"You have two choices right now. You can say 'I was overwrought, I apologize and it won't happen again.' Or you can say absolutely anything else. In which case you can consider yourself under arrest, I need to have an MP drag you off in irons and you won't be able to help us in battle. We're about to go into battle and I don't have the time or the inclination to try and iron out whatever problem you've got with Springer right now. You're a veteran Autobot soldier and I expect you to act like it, no matter how much you dislike your teammates. Either you can do that or you can't, and if you can't I will be very, very disappointed because Kup and I trained you better than that."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Arcee returned Ultra Magnus' glare with one of her own. However, she had no doubts that Magnus would go through with his threat. "I was overwrought. I apologize. It won't happen again." Arcee said mechanically.

She glared at Springer, then looked back at Magnus. "You are right. This can wait."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"Good," Ultra Magnus told Arcee. "See that it doesn't."

As he led the duo aboard their ship, he sealed the hatch and barked toward the cockpit, "Get us in the air!"

As the shuttle's thrusters fired, he turned to address his troops.

"Fellow Autobots, comrades and friends...we've seen dire times more often than I'd like to admit, and we've always come through them. This may not be our darkest hour, but it stands even with them. A force of Imperial troopers have landed in Protihex. We have zero intelligence on what we're heading into. We don't know how many troops they have, what their goals are or if there are any friendlies left alive in the city. I'm loathe to charge into the unknown like this, but we don't have any choice. I need all of you to be careful, and watch each other's backs out there. This mission is dangerous, but I have no intention of seeing it become a suicide mission. Any questions?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Shuttle

Arcee did not reply to Ultra Magnus' reply save for a brief nod, and marched towards the rear of the shuttle, settling in on a lone seat.

"So it's just normal Wrecker business, then, only this time we have company?" Whirl's voice cracked in through the intercom, for the Wreckers had taken a different shuttle. "Impossible odds, zero intel, outnumbered god-knows-how-many to one, almost certain death... this is the life we all love!"
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

Shuttle

"Hope we don't get bogged down babysitting. Hard to be a strike force when watching everyone's backs." Topspin said to Whirl. "Hard enough to watch our own sometimes."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Wreckers' Shuttle

Whirl switched off the output comms (although he kept the input from the other shuttle on just in case Magnus or somebody else spoke) and turned to Topspin, "That's why Magnus came along. He can babysit those rookies. Springer is along for the ride, though..."

Dinobot Shuttle

"Let's do this." Swoop told Snarl and Striker.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Ultra Magnus listened to Whirl's rejoinder and only just managed to keep himself from cracking a smile. "Just as long as you continue living that life for a long time, soldier, that's a good attitude to have."

With no one else speaking up, the trip to Protihex passed far more quickly than he could have expected. But soon their ships were putting the Rad Zone behind them, coming upon the desolated towers, abandoned buildings and ruined housing that characterized far too much of Cybertron these days, but exemplified Protihex in particular.

"Autobots, disembark!"

(OOC: To the Proihex thread!)