[G1 RPG] Terminus: The Chessmaster (Iacon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Drift's Apartment

"Thought a much," Jazz said in reply to Sideswipe. "Never took you for a guy that would have his crib in a place like this."

Jazz headed towards the apartment. "So you and two others got into a fight and now you want me to pull a few strings for you to get you off the hook? That it?" Jazz turned back around to face Sideswipe. "Gotta know what went down then." Jazz tilted his head a little. "Oh and an ex-Con huh? Anybody I should know off?"
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Drift's Apartment

"Pretty much, yeah." Sideswipe winced as Jazz asked him for the former Decepticon's name.

"Yeah, about that...promise me you're not going to try and kill him, OK?"
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Drift's appartment

"You are afraid that I might kill him?" Jazz was a little surprised at Sideswipe. He's not know for holding a grudge against Decepticons that switch sides and join the Autobots. He usually gives them a fair chance, but wat would make this mech so special?

Jazz had to search his memory banks for a while, but then it his him. There was only one mech that had such on impact on his life, changed him into the mech that he is now that it still left him a little scarred. Aborting his instictive command to grab his rifle, he turned and said: "that can mean only one guy. Deadlock. Can't make any promises when he's involved."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Drift's Apartment

"He's...reformed," Sideswipe told Jazz. "I know that sounds ridiculous, but he's an Autobot now. He helped me pull Crosshairs out of a nasty situation."

Opening the door to the apartment, he gestured for Jazz to enter. "After you."

So that I can hold you back if you go for your gun again...
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Drift's Apartment

Drift stepped out of the shadows, standing in full view of Jazz, optics downcast. "Hello, Jazz." he said in a decidedly hoarser voice, the same voice that Deadlock had used in the past, before switching to his present accent. "I am so sorry. For everything."'

Drift's arms hung loose on his sides, palms wide open, and his optics narrowed for the punch that was surely to come. He deserved any blow that Jazz might mete out to him.

He deserved it a hundred fold.

He killed.

He deserved to die.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Drift's Apartment

Jazz walked into the room and saw Drift standing there, ready to receive the punch of his life. Jazz subspaced his gun away, but his hands turned to fists. With so many emotions runing through his spark his arms started to quiver and it's clearly showed that anger was building up in his body.

Jazz knew that Sideswipe would try to hold him back if it ever came that far. It's why Jazz was allowed to enter the room first. Streetlight reflected off Jazz' visor and it was that moment that Jazz lowered his arms. "You have probably made me suffer the greatest loss in the time I've been online, but if you think just standing there, ready to take a hit is gonna make me wanna punch you" he said with a stern tone to his voice. "you obviously got no clue what kinda mech I am."

He kept his eye on Drift and noticed that he had been Autobranded. "Somebody in the Autobot army thinks that you have earned those," he said pointing to the Autobot symbol," and I ain't gonna trash a fellow soldier. Not when we need all the hands we can get."

Jazz took a few steps back, closer to Sideswipe and a kept his distance from Drift. "You make my spark glitch," he added. "If you're here for my forgiveness than you'll be dissapointed. You're not gonna get it. You may have earned the right to call yourself an Autobot, but you're gonna have to work very hard to make me wanna forgive you."
Aspiring DJ!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Drift's Apartment

Drift remained silent as Jazz spoke, taking in every word, every syllable. When he was sure Jazz was finished, he looked up.

"I expected no more than that." Drift told Jazz. "Forgiveness is not something I can earn, least of all from you. Regardless of our history, I hope we can work together."

That went better than Drift could have ever expected, but he knew it was far from finished...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Drift's Apartment

Sideswipe just stood back, ready to separate Drift and Jazz if it came to it, but not wanting to get involved in what as obviously a profoundly personal moment for both of them.

Crosshairs, on the other hand, had no such compunction.

"Ughhh..." he groaned. "My head feels like it's been hollowed out and used to store etching acid..."

"Yes," Sideswipe told him. "Going on a bender and getting tuned up by bouncers will do that to you." He winced. "Also, I knocked you out to make you easier to carry."

Crosshairs groaned again. "If I could move I'd shoot you in the face," he groused.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Drift's Apartment

Drift's optics drifted from Jazz towards Sideswipe and Crosshairs and then back to Jazz again, waiting for his response.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Drift's Apartment

(OOC: Springer?)

Sideswipe crossed his arms and glared down at Crosshairs.

"Look, I don't know you that well but I know that you're not the type to pick a fight with a bouncer. Drift and I know something shady was going on in that bar. Care to tell us what?"

"Lotsa things," Crosshairs slurred. "I dunno."

Sideswipe leaned in, glowering. "Don't lie to me, Targetmaster."

"Not a Targetmaster anymore," Crosshairs mumbled.

"Oh, so that's what this is about?" Sideswipe asked. "You get your little buddy killed so you think you need to do everything on your own now?" He cuffed the other Transformer upside the head. "Sober up and stop thinking like that. You're an Autobot just like the rest of us. We help each other out."

Unless one of us is named Sunstreaker, he thought bitterly.

"I don't remember exactly what happened," Crosshairs told him. "Too much to drink. But I do remember seeing a couple of mechs leaning together over a table looking all conspiratorial-like. Not an uncommon sight, but one of them had a fresh paint job with bits of grey-green showing underneath. Imp colours. So I staggered over to their table, just in time to see the green guy hand his buddy a pile of shanix and get a piece of paper in return. I wanted to get a closer look, so I , uh, tripped and knocked over their table. That's when the bouncers decided I'd had enough. It was worth it, though...got a good look at the paper."

"What was on it?" Sideswipe asked.

"An address, a time, and a string of numbers," Crosshairs told him. "An address inside Autobase." He glanced over Sideswipe's shoulder at the clock on Drift's wall among all the swords. "The time was less than an hour from now."

Sideswipe grimaced, then looked up at Drift and Jazz. "You two hear all that? Something bad's going down. You'd better kiss and make up, because we're the only ones who'll be able to deal with it in time to make a difference."

Ultra Magnus's Office, The Decagon

Ultra Magnus looked across his desk at Smokescreen and sighed.

"Why are you bringing this to me. I've been back on duty for, what, an hour? I'm not the best person to deal with this."

"Actually," the spy told him, "that's exactly why I came to you. Prime or Prowl are going to be preoccupied with a thousand other things."

"But I don't have anything else to worry about."

"Exactly," Smokescreen told him.

Magnus sighed. "Go over it again."

"Our communications links with all of our facilities in orbit have gone down. But before they did, we got some interesting visuals." Smokescreen tapped a button and a series of holograms appeared over the desk. "That's the Warworld, and those are a fleet of troop dropships. Our best estimate is that they were headed for Protihex, but I haven't been able to get a call in to Fortress Maximus to confirm that. My guess is that the Imperials are blocking all comms into and out of the city."

"So you'd like me to lead an expedition into Protihex to engage them?" Magnus shook his head. "You know as well as I that an invasion of a neutral city-state would need Senate approval -- even when we have their best interests at heart."

Smokescreen nodded gravely. "That's another reason why I came to you," he said bluntly. "Order is too important to Prowl for him to ever defy the constitution like that, and Prime would have to weigh the consequences and worry about what might happen in the future. But mechs like you and I...we don't have that luxury. We do what's right, what has to be done, and deal with the consequences as they come."

"I'm nothing like you," Magnus said sharply, "but you're right. If the Imperials are in Protihex they need to be stopped."

He keyed in his commlink, opening an all-Autobots channel but taking care not to include Prime or Prowl in the call. "This is Ultra Magnus to all available troops. Assemble a battle unit in the main hangar bay immediately."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Drift's Apartment

"Yes. Without further ado, let's roll." Drift headed to the weapon racks, spun two of the shorter blades and sheathed them, before taking the greatsword that Dai Atlas had given him in the past. This was it, then... time to make a difference. Let's hope this one will be worth the fight.

"What will we be looking for?" Drift asked as he headed out of the door.

Debris

"You guys hear that?" Whirl asked as he all but dashed into the room. "It's time, boys and girls. Roadbuster, Revolution, Topspin, Scoop, Stepper- let's WRECK AND RULE!"

Without waiting for anyone's response, Whirl transformed and took out into the air, heading towards the hangar bay.

Flying backwards, of course.

IMR

Arcee heard the call, from Ultra Magnus' familiar voice. She turned to Hot Rod and First Aid. "Look, I wish I could be here. I really do, Rod... but things are getting out of hand. There's a call for arms. You can either try play Rodimus Prime again, or be who you really are. Be Hot Rod."

With that said, Arcee headed out of the room, gesturing at the other guards--Hardhead, Road Rage, Cliffjumper, Brawn and Hosehead--"You guys heard the call." Arcee transformed into her hovercar mode and shot away.

She sighed. Shouldn't have gotten so worked up with Hot Rod. But what else could she do? Her old cadre of friends is getting smaller and smaller. Perceptor and Blurr are in Protihex, Daniel is on Earth, Kup is gone forever, Hot Rod is having allusions of grandeur... Springer... god knows what's gotten into Springer.

Dinobot Shuttle

"We'll be right there, Magnus." Swoop told the former City Commander. "Well, Grimlock? Snarl? Striker? Let's bash some brains."

Saying so, Swoop transformed into his pteranodon mode and flew out of the shuttle.

Maccadams

Monocle watched as the Autobot insignia that doubled as a transmitter beeped inside his wrist compartment. Monocle sighed as he took out the old, tattered emblem, which was beeping due to Magnus' call. "Time to go back to the fold, then." Monocle whispered. "If the information I gained about Imperial sleeper agents is correct..."
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

Debris

Topspin looked up as Whirl dashed in. "About time we get some action!" He yelled, running to grab his weapons. He grabbed his weapons and sent a message to Highbrow. "Looks like we got some fun headed our way. You in?" He sent, transforming and taking off after Whirl.

Autobase

"I will be there momentarily." Highbrow replied to Topspin, transforming and lifting off. "I received the alert before your message came through. Let us see who can reach the coordinates faster."

Elsewhere in Iacon...

Ironfist received Ultra Magnus's call and transformed, ready for a fight. It had been awhile since the prison altercations, and he was ready to rumble. He took off as fast as he could to the coordinates.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Debris

Scoop gathered his partners

"Wreck and Rule."

~*~

Overdrive grinned

"who you calling a girl."

~*~

Revolution looked serious

"Primus bless this mission."

Dinobot Shuttle

Striker punched the air.

"Hoooooooooouuuraaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh."

Elsewhere

Landfill stopped polishing his weapons a little disconcerting as it was also his targetmaster partner.

"Roger Magnus."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Main Hangar Bay, the Decagon

Overdrive flipped his wings in and plummeted groundwards before spinning his wheels and performing a donut as he landed.

"Red in tooth and claw Wreck and Rule."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Drift's Apartment

Sideswipe shrugged in reply to Drift's question. "That's sorta what Jazz is here for, isn't it? People like you and me don't have a problem knowing who to clobber, but the when and the how we leave to brighter lights."

Crosshairs chimed in as they followed Drift out the door. He was still walking a tad unsteadily. "I can spot the guy once we're in, but strategy? No matter how many times they promote me, it'll never make me leader material. So I agree: this is Jazz's show."

Main Hangar Bay, The Decagon

Ultra Magnus walked into the base's hangar and scowled. He hated this place. It was one of the additions that the Quintessons had made during their time in control of Cybertron, and it showed. The facility was fully-functional but it's aesthetic was so totally alien that he couldn't even walk through it without being slapped across the face by one of his greatest failures.

If only I'd been there to help Prime. If only I'd been there to help him deal with Thunderwing sooner. We could have reorganized. We could have been ready, and we could have fought the Quintessons off. But I wasn't, we weren't and we didn't, and hundreds of thousands of Transformers died because of it.

Shaking his head to banish the self-destructive train of thought, he barked out orders to the bay's maintenance crews to get as many drop ships ready as he could. He let Smokescreen direct the rank and file to some of the smaller ships, but reserved the biggest one for himself and his troops -- the biggest target, because they would be best-equipped to survive such attention.

As the comm chatter came in, he gave off quick responses. "Acknowledged, Swoop. It'll be good to have the Dinobots with us."

Then, "No, it's Ultra Magnus..." He shook his head in bafflement. "Whatever. Glad to hear you're on the team, Landfill."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"Ultra Magnus! The Wreckers are ready to rumble!" Whirl called out as he landed. It looked as if he was going to land with his rotors facing the ground, thereby creating a terrible mess with twisted rotors and chewed-up concrete, but at the last possible moment Whirl transformed and flipped himself, landing on his ski-like feet. "Who do we need to kill?"

Whirl turned to Overdrive, presumably flying near him, and shrugged. "Well, you are the only one wearing bright, bright red..."

(OOC: Ack, forgot Overdrive.)

Swoop transformed and landed as well. "Striker, home in on my position and bring our shuttle in." He glanced at Ultra Magnus and Whirl, and shrugged. "We're among the first? Not often that happens."

Arcee zipped in and transformed, wordlessly stalking towards a ship and leaning against it. She kept her attention at Ultra Magnus, ignoring the rest of the people in the hangar bay. Magnus was the only one who knew her to any extent in here, and even then Magnus could get pretty scatterbrained...

Drift's Apartment

"True." Drift told Crosshairs and Sideswipe as he spun around, folding into his vehicle mode as he did so, not bothering to reply with a long sentence, for he was still thinking about what Jazz had said. "So, Jazz, pray tell... what do we do now?"
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

Topspin pulled into the Hangar shortly after Whirl and Overdrive. "Looks like you're gonna have at least one more Wrecker - with our casualty rates, the more the better." He said to Ultra Magnus, transforming as he spoke.

--------------------------------

Highbrow landed in front of the hangar bay and walked in. "How many troops are you expecting to answer the summons?" He asked Ultra Magnus.

--------------------------------

Ironfist pulled in near Arcee, ready for a fight. "Made it out of Altihex safely. Good."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"Don't joke about casualties, Topspin. Remember the last time we did that?" Whirl shook his head, but it was clear that the comment was still jovial in nature. He cocked his head when Highbrow arrived, and leant in to Topspin. "That stuffy kid with a brit accent a friend of yours?"

Arcee glanced at Ironfist and nodded, smiling softly. "I got separated from you guys during the fight. Sorry about that."
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Asteroid Belt, Sol System

He'd been stuck in Sol for cycles. His original goal of hitting Earth and getting the materials necessary to rebuild mold brother. It never happened. He'd yet to even get to Earth.

Things had changed, most of the planet had become militant towards Cybertronians, so his ship signature wasn't going to get through their installed World Government's planetary defences. The irony was, most of it was based on Cybertronian technology.

Something that didn't slip past him. He'd taken a more anti-human stance by the end of their stay on the planet. So he spent most of his time hiding in the asteroids where he'd be harder to track and impossible to attack. There was another problem though.

His shuttle rocked as a missile exploded just off starboard. He grimaced as smoke poured into the cock-pit as he input commands into the helm which caused the ship to kill its thrusters as it spun one hundred and eighty degrees.

Pirates. Human, Quintessonian, Skuxxoid. Didn't really matter, but with the Humans becoming Isolationist, the pirates moved in en masse.

He returned fire, slamming the opposition ship with one of the two volleys before re-engaging his thrusters and darting behind a nearby asteroid. There was a second ship when the attack began, but he'd landed a pretty solid blow at the get go. It wasn't destroyed though and could be everywhere.

"Where are you." He said to himself as he scanned his both his visual and scanner simultaneously. He didn't get much time though, the first ship came from his port side, and he quickly engaged thrusters again and pushing into a forty-five degree turn and firing off another salvo, not connecting this time. The pirate attack ship's momentum carried it below him and banked to come back at his rear.

He had to find that second ship before it got a chance to sneak up on him. He banked left and then directly down, weaving in and out of the asteroids. The attack cruiser was trying to get on his back, but he wasn't about to give them a clear target.

Once he'd cleared the last of the large asteroids he engaged reverse thrusters, pushing back. Because the pirates were forced to go at a higher speed to catch his small cruiser, the attack cruiser was forced infront of him. "Too aggressive." He said calmly and opened fire. Three blasts from the main cannons and two connected, impacting on the rear thrusters of the attack cruiser. They were disabled and likely going for the escape pods.

He quickly began looking for the second ship. It had to be there, he was focused on knocking them out of commission. Their ships were Human for the most part. They'd have some material and he had to have it. But as was the case for him more often than not he was too focused.

Through out the dogfight he hadn't taken notice to his science station flashing about unusual temporal readings. If he had he wouldn't be forced to come to the sudden conclusion that his ship was infact going in the opposite direction he now wanted. He quickly moved to reverse thrusters but the pull was too strong. By the time he looked at the science station and moved over to it, it was too late. He knew what had happened now, He knew what he had hit and he knew where the other attack cruiser had gone. A few more seconds at the science station as he absorbed what he was reading and then quickly back to the main console.

He manged to turn the ship away from the anomaly but when he engaged the thrusters he barely held still, continuing to inch towards the center. An escape pod would suffer the same fate. He was stuck. He stared at the screen for a moment. Remembering a similar helpless feeling the last time he was in a shuttle that was about to be destroyed.

"Slag." He muttered to himself as he became resigned to his fate and was pulled into the middle of the eddy. He had one last thought, about his failure to do what he'd set out to do and his rage boiled to the top once again.

The shuttle vanished as it hit the center mass, likely never to return to that point ever again.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

Topspin looked over at Highbrow, the bot Whirl had mentioned. "Don't worry about him. We did a few side missions here and there before I joined back up with you guys. He's good to have around. Not Wrecker material, but then again, few are."