[G1 RPG] Terminus: The Chessmaster (Iacon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Wreckers Shuttle

Striker punched the air. "Hoooo raaaaaaahhh."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Quintesson War Memorial - Across the street from ISS HQ

Blades sat at a bench on the far east side of the memorial, acting out his part as casual observer. From where he was positioned, he could see the Iacon Security Service HQ and the adjoining building where the holding cells were located.

The former-Protectobot's optics zoomed in on the compound, infrared switched on. He slowly swept the site and silently took note of the personnel. "Weird being this close to ISS HQ," Blades said. "Not that I miss the joint, it's just...weird."

He then zoomed out. "Okay. Looks like standard security detail to me. Not seeing anything out of the ordinary," Blades told Firecracker. "Yeah, I think we can pull this off. What do you need me to do?"

(OOC: I have no clue who else would be with them)

-----

High Council Pavilion

(EDIT: Slight revision, elaborating just a teeny bit on what this 'footnote' Prowl added to the treaty was. Don't know why I didn't mention it originally.)

"This was your doing," Prowl privately mused as he drove down an Iaconian highway. "You are artful in your deception, Smokescreen, I am willing to give you that much. Appealing to Ultra Magnus - one of my own peers within the military complex - was, I will begrudgingly admit, a skillful move. Your timing, however, could not have been at the worst of times."

"You are a valuable ally, my production brother, but I grow weary of your games...Still, I have taken your measure. And I intend to play by your rules."

He stopped at a traffic signal, waited, then turned.

"Bringing a military force into a neutral nation like Protihex is, as the colloquialism goes, tricky business. Is it any wonder that you opted for the easier route? But, like you, Smokescreeen, I am too excel at circumventing law. It was how I was able to build up our defenses despite rising public animosity. Though, admittedly, it helps having a hand in the creation of said laws, a luxury few have. It was why Optimus Prime requested that I handle this task."

Coming to a stop in front of the High Council Pavilion, Prowl transformed.

"...While the senate holds some sway over military matters, its power nowadays lies within the civilian division of Autobot government. This includes task forces like the ISS, Red Alert's department...or the SIS, Smokescreen's department. These are his bosses. The military, my division, is often at odds with the civilian branch despite my attempts to form bridges between the two. It is with the senate that I seek an audience..."

Moving through the courtyard, the chief strategist started up the flight of stairs that led to the main entrance of the building.

"To use an analogy, when appealing to the council it is best to be properly armed. There is plenty of evidence to verify how real a threat the Imperials pose, but I will require a little extra armor to convince this rather stubborn, though influential few. The Convention of The [insert year] Cycle - The Iaconian-Protihexian Treaty. Guarantees that the neutrality and independence of Protihex remains recognized by Autobot and Gigatronian nations. That is the sum of it. Polyhex, and other Megatronian nations were excluded from the treaty. This was intentional, aside from the obvious reasons of doing so. Similarly, at my recommendation, a footnote was also added to that section, more or less stating that any military force not recognized in the treaty - i.e. those that did not participate - found entering Protihex would be in direct violation of international law. Foresight on my part, considering the history of our race. Hmph, pacifism indeed."

"This artifice, morally grey as it may be, just may save us all. I regret nothing.
"

---

Prowl soon entered a large circular-shaped auditorium. The room was adorned with decorative pillars and statues, mostly of the Prime dynasty with a few notable exceptions, which encircled the room. From both corners came Primon, Guardian, Nova, Nominus, Sentinel, and Zeta Prime, some of which Prowl once served under, with statues of Optimus and Rodimus lining the walls with them - no doubt at the chagrin of both. This trail of homages ended at the front of the chamber meeting with a larger statue of a sword-wielding Prima, which stood proudly behind the raised bench where the senators would reside.

As no deliberative assembly was currently underway, the room was almost entirely empty, evidenced by the empty seats and echo of Prowl's foot steps as he made his way down the main aisle to the podium. Several senators were in attendance, though certainly not all, gathering today at Prowl's behest. They all sat behind the long raised bench, silently judging the Autobot chief strategist as he approached.

Prowl took his place at the podium. "Thank you for assembling this emergency meeting at short notice."

"Hmm," one of the senator's curled his lip at the Autobot. "I believe those who have chosen to participate in this assembly have arrived." He glanced back to his colleagues. "Shall we commence, then?"

"By all means," Prowl replied.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

(OOC: I don't remember if they were going to have company or not. I'm going to guess that they're alone, then -- more goons means more trouble breaking in, right? Now, to get back into Firecracker's loathsome character...)

"Well, I've got a sorta vague gut feeling that just shooting them might attract some unwanted attention," Firecracker told Blades. "So, as hilarious as it might have been, I think we'll be better off sneaking in. And since the skis and rotor blades might make it a tad tough for you to do the old 'crawling through the repair shafts' thing, we're going to need to get past the guards and through the door without anyone seeing. But that I'll have to leave in the capable hands of Graze McFakeName. You know the lay of the land and the security procedures -- what do we need to do to get these mooks looking the other way long enough to get past them?"
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

"I can handle the tricky stuff," Blades told Firecracker. "Check this out..."

From the compartment on his hip, Blades produced a small, chip-like gadget and slapped it onto his chest.

"This gizmo will send out an electrical current when I switch it on. It'll respond to this DLD crap I'm coated with. Mimics texture patterns, ambient light, something like that, I dunno," he said. "A friend gave it to me while we were on some caper in Tagan Heights. It ain't Mirage-level optic camo, but I've not had problems with it aside from the occasional ripples."

Blades looked back across the street.

"Once we're inside, we should head for the security booth, first (OOC: or whatever those rooms are called). They're usually manned by two mechs. I'll take them out and switch off the surveillance. Not gonna bother trying to switch off the security grid, though - it's got a built in fail-safe and it'll alert the entire ISS if someone's tampering with it. Holding cells are past that. Figure there'll be, oh, three mechs on detail. Standard patrol, so all you'll need to do is sneak past them, or knock 'em out when their backs are turned."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Firecracker cocked his head to one side when Blades mentioned 'Mirage', surprised that his new partner had run in such lofty circles before his fall. To cover his reaction, he let off another of his smart-ass quips. "Well, that's damn shiny and all, but it's not going to do a thing for me. Rapid Assault Training didn't exactly have a 'bluffing your way into guarded buildings' class for me to take, so how do you plan on getting me inside to start with? Once we're in, sure, we can be sneaky. But I can't just walk into a high-security building without someone asking questions, or club the guards over the head and hope that no one will notice until we're done. You got any ideas?"
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

(OOC: His brand of stealth usually involves 1.) taking out the guards; 2.) blowing up the joint ;))

"Maybe," Blades answered Firecracker. "Sure, I've picked up a thing or two over the stellar cycles to help me ninja my way around places, but it's not what I specialize in. But I can tell you that aside from ventilation on the roof, there's three ways we can get in. Each have different degrees of surveillance."

"The front's one of 'em, obviously. Three cameras," Blades held up three fingers. "One above the door, one in the courtyard, and one pointing down from the roof," he said. "Second is along the side, facing ISS HQ. Probably not a good idea getting in that way. Third is the parking garage. Lowest level surveillance, in my opinion, and probably the way to go. It's under the building. It's fairly small, meant only to accommodate staff (OOC: there'd be paddywagons and the like being parked down there). Plenty of places to find cover - between vehicles and the support columns. Three cameras. Two of them are just as you enter - one on the far left column, one on the right. The left one moves in sweeping motions, while the right is stationary. The other is above the elevator. That one's stationary, too."

Blades paused to scratch the top of his head.

"Mmm, guess that'd work," he mused out loud. "Okay - we move with the camera, hiding behind the columns or whatever's parked down there as it makes its sweep, staying out of range of the camera on the right column. Once we make it across, we can either risk it - or wait for some one to come down on the elevator, at which point I switch on my camo and get in before the door shuts. Then I'd do what I said earlier. If you're comfortable giving me your com frequency, I'd signal you when it's clear. It'd be via silent transmission."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Autobase

(OOC: I knew I was forgetting someone)

"Remind me what we're doing again?" Drift asked Sideswipe and Crosshairs.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

High Council Pavilion

After some rather long-winded debating and the usual exchange of insults on both sides, Prowl's emergency conference with the senate drew closer to its conclusion.

"...And Ultra Magnus?" said one senator, looking down at the chief strategist from the bench. "For the record, regardless if he had the best intentions in mind, you can testify that you did not sanction this action?"

"I can," Prowl nodded.

The legislator then lifted up a datapad and glanced over it, "Hmm. You do present us with a rather compelling case, General..."

"Hmph, aside from the rather unscrupulous tactic of citing the Iaconian-Protihexian treaty," another senator interjected, glowering down a Prowl. "That is NOT why these treaties were..."

"Enough," the first senator calmly raised his hand, returning his gaze to Prowl. "And you are able to form this army that you propose?"

"More like a legion," the other statesmech silently grumbled.

"Yes," Prowl nodded once more, coolly ignoring the derision of the others. "By the end of the solar cycle."

"Mmm...very well," he looked to his colleagues. "If you would excuse us for one moment while we deliberate."

"Of course," the chief strategist bowed. "I trust that you will make the appropriate decision."

(OOC: Will wrap this up in my next post :))
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"Yeah, sure," Firecracker said as he burst-transmitted his frequency to Blades. "That sounds like a plan, Oh Nameless One. You wanna lead the way for us?"

As he was talking, he pulled out his thermal blaster and double-checked the ammunition charge.

Autobase

"Try and keep up, sword boy," Sideswipe told Drift, "or we'll have to replace your fancy blades with rubber safety-tipped ones."

Crosshairs, still dealing with a splitting headache, sighed in disgust. "What he means to say is, we're trying to find an Imperial spy before he manages to blow up anything important inside Autobase."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Autobase

Drift chuckled at Sideswipe's little barb, before turning to Crosshairs, "What's our game plan?"
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

High Council Pavilion

"I have laboriously spent the last two stellar cycles augmenting our resources, fortifying our defenses and planning for this precise moment. Meticulous consideration has been taken. Could there have been any other outcome from this meeting?"

Prowl pushed his way through the tall double-doors of the High Council chamber and strode down the stairs to the courtyard below. As he descended, he opened his com-link.

"Optimus Prime," he said. "We now have senate approval." (OOC: Heinrad, I'm borrowing Prime until you return. I needed him for at least this post.)

"Thank you, Prowl," Optimus commed back. "It is a regretful, but ultimately necessary maneuver."

"Indeed...regretful," Prowl said dryly.

The chief strategist's cold indifference did not fall deaf to Optimus, but opted to feign obliviousness, "Has anyone successfully been able to contact the Steelhaven?"

"No. Their communications are still out...It may be an unwarranted conclusion, but we may have to consider the possibility that-"

"Until that claim can be verified, I prefer we avoid drawing such conclusions, Prowl," Optimus quickly interrupted.

Reaching the apron connecting the pavilion to the street, Prowl converted to vehicle mode. He was mindful of the oncoming traffic as he pulled out onto the main avenue and headed off to Autobase.

"My hope is that we'll be able to turn the tide before the threat spreads further," the Autobot Leader said. "If recent reports from our surveillance network is anything to go by, our time is limited. I trust you have seen it?"

"I have," Prowl replied. "Do I have your permission to proceed, then?"

"Consider it granted."

----

Parking Garage, ISS Holding Cells

(OOC: Hope I'm not being presumptuous that Firecracker will be following. If I am, let me know and I'll make the appropriate changes )

"Really? Okay," Blades shrugged. "This way then," he motioned Firecracker to follow. "But, just to be on the safe side, we'll keep a fair distance away from the ISS HQ, wrapping around until we reach the rear of the holding cells building. The walkway near Autobase Security should keep us outta range."

--

Heading north, Blades led Firecracker along sidewalk between the memorial and the ISS, until the street split off in two directions. To their left, the route continued along the memorial, eventually leading to the Command Centre, while the right's path led between Autobase Security and the back of the ISS. The latter was the obvious choice.

--

As they were led away from Autobase Security, the shadow of the perimeter wall cast down on Firecracker and Blades.

The road soon deviated, eventually curving to the back of the ISS Holding Cells building. Blades motioned to his partner to halt while he performed a quick visual sweep of the site, plotting an appropriate course - albeit hastily.

"Okay, Day-Glo Red, there it is" he directed his partner's attention to the entrance and exit ramps into the basement. "Don't think that barrier's gonna be a problem. Just keep your eyes on me and the cameras, alright? Hope you can keep up," he blurted, leaving little room for commentary. "C'mon!"

Blades then started for entrance, stopping first to duck behind a dumpster. Deeming it clear, he sprinted over to the outer wall (right of the entrance), sidling along it until he caught a glimpse of the inside - and the first camera.

Magnifying his optics, he impatiently watched as it slowly made its sweep. When the opportunity arrived, Blades slipped in, just barely staying out of range the second camera on the opposite end of the garage, and found cover against a support column. He repeated the same process again, this time concealing himself behind a parked paddywagon.

"<Watch the camera, annnd...>," he silently transmitted to Firecracker. "<GO!>"

----

Autobase

"Autobots, Autobot Artillery Corps, Iaconians, Urayans, Altihexians, Regionites. They will all come."

Prowl soon arrived at the Command Center building, striding down the maze of corridors back to his office. All was eerily quiet in this sector of Autobase, as tensions were high. Apprehension pervaded the thoughts of all the functionaries silently going about their tasks. War was coming and they all knew it. Prowl's return from the High Council Pavilion reaffirmed their fears.

It was the eye of the storm.

The various subroutines he had implemented upon himself over the years kept Prowl unmindful of the mood of his peers. He was completely focused on the task at hand. The situation, he felt, required that he be unencumbered by emotion. It did little to ease the tensions of his colleagues, however. An Autobot that practically doesn't feel remorse, who doesn't feel anything - it's tragic, many of them thought.

--

Back in his office, Prowl situated himself and immediately worked the terminal affixed to his desk, readying to send out a public announcement.

"This is General Prowl," he began "I hereby make the following proclamation: The Cybertronian Empire has invaded Protihex. By order of the Autobot Military, the Iaconian Senate and allied representatives you are being called to service. Make it known to all Autobot held territories, to all that are enlisted and to our various armies to conscientiously fulfill your duty. You are to report to The Decagon at 0700."

(OOC: Most, if not all of these will be NPCs, but if you're interested, go for it :))
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Firecracker followed Blades into the facility. He didn't move quite as smoothly as the other Transformer, who was obviously intimately familiar with the building from his old life. But the smaller Autobot's economy of motion, quick reflexes and careful observation of everything they moved past would put the lie to his "arrogant street tough" act if the other Transformer was paying attention. Moving through the parking structure, he followed Blades' movements almost step by step, jumping from one cover to the next at the ex-Autobot's instructions with a serious expression on his face.

When he turned to look at Blades from his newest hiding spot his face had a big (but not quite genuine, compared to the way he'd been moving) grin on it. "You know, I could learn to enjoy this. What's next?"

Autobase

Sideswipe shrugged. "Well, on the way here I ran the address that Crosshairs got off of our invader," he told Drift. "And surprise, surprise, it's the main power generator. Our friend's obviously going to try and blow the place up. We need to find him and shoot him."

"Right," Crosshairs said flatly. "Because that's going to do us a whole lot of good if he's already planted the bomb."

"You've got a better play?"

"Sure," Crosshairs told him. "We take him alive and make him tell us where the bomb is."

"And how do you suppose we'll do that?"

Crosshairs shrugged. "I suspect that a few minutes alone with a fearsome Decepticon war criminal will convince him that talking to you and me will be good for his health." Glancing sidelong at Drift, he said, "That is, if you think you can revive your alter ego for a little while."

Autobase: Aerial Training Annex

"They're not ready," Skydive was saying. "A handful of them, maybe, but the class on the whole are too green to send into battle. Have you read our latest scorecard summaries? It'll be like sending two entire squadrons of Fireflights into battle. One or two of them we can protect, but that many novices...they'll be taken to pieces, Silverbolt."

"I know," Silverbolt said. The Aerialbot leader was studying the surface of his desk, unable to summon the courage to look his long-time friend in the eye. "Trust me, I know. But Prowl's orders were clear -- we need every body we can muster."

"Even bodies who can't do anything but absorb bullets for the veteran fliers?"

"Even them." Silverbolt finally looked up. "But it's up to you and me to make sure that that doesn't happen. They're rookies, but you've done a good job training them. Now you just need to do a good job leading them, and if we're really, really lucky they'll come out of this in one piece."

"Wait," Skydive said. "Back up. You mean..."

"I mean," Silverbolt nodded. "You've earned this, Skydive. You earned it a long time ago. I'll be leading Squadron One into battle, but Squadron Two is yours to command."

"I...I'm not sure if I can," Skydive admitted. "How can you be sure I won't get them killed?"

"I can't," Silverbolt told him. "But I have faith in you. And you'll have Air Raid to back you up when things get tough. If anyone can lead them back safely, it's you two."

"Fireflight's going with you?" Skydive asked, not even trying to segue gracefully as he changed the subject. When Silverbolt nodded, he asked, "What about Slingshot?"

"I asked," Silverbolt shook his head. "They're not letting him out. Whatever he did, they're taking it seriously."

"Do you think..." Skydive looked at the ground for a second, ashamed that he was even entertaining the thought that he was about to give voice to. "Do you think the rumours are true? That he killed those people?"

"I don't know," Silverbolt admitted. "I just don't know. But right now we can't worry about that. Get the cadets together. I'll meet you in the squad room. I'd like to say a few words before we report to Prowl."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

ISS Holding Cells

From one pillar, Blades weaved his way over to a parked armored transport, crouching behind it as the camera made its sweep.

He waited for Firecracker to follow and said, "Think this is fun? Wait until we get inside, you're gonna love it," he impishly grinned.

He peered around the corner of the vehicle and pointed to the camera positioned over the elevator, now a mere 40 feet away from them. "What's next? The boring part, that's what. We wait," he silently transmitted. "They're watching who comes and goes from this place. I may have this optic-camo, but the elevator suddenly heading up to the main floor with no one on it is gonna raise brows. We wait for the next rotation, which isn't too long from now."

---

Barely a breem had passed when, coming in from the entrance ramp, a security officer arrived. Blades sat up on his heels to ready himself - but rather than pounce, he anxiously searched the grounds. "C'mon, c'mon. There has to be something 'round here I can use," he muttered.

His eyes stopped on an empty can of some variety of energon-based beverage with a cartoon graphic emblazoned along the side. "...That'll work."

He snatched it up, then glanced over his shoulder at Firecracker, "Hold tight here for a klik."

His attention returned to the approaching officer. Blades watched his movements closely now, watched as he approached the elevator, watched as he pressed the switch -- watched as the elevator door slid open. Now, every polymer sinew in his body told him, then tossed the can over the armored truck and across the basement.

The officer's head perked up and followed the faint 'tink, tink' of the canister. As he turned to investigate, Blades switched on his optic camo, stood up and sprinted over to the open elevator. The door shut behind him.

"Huh? Aw, damn it," the officer grumbled, opening a com-channel. "Uh, yeah, sorry about that, guys. That was me. Was zoning off or something and missed the lift. Didn't mean to spook any of you."

---

As soon as he arrived on the first floor, the now-invisible Blades proceeded onto his first order business; take out the surveillance. The security booth was located just down the hall, dividing the holding cells from the rest of the building. He'd have to hold off on the officer waiting for the elevator in the garage until he was finished.

Inside the observation chamber, the two-mech surveillance crew sat at their stations, listlessly looking over the multiple windows on the large monitor. They were so immersed into the monotony of their work that they hadn't noticed when the transparent form of Blades entered the room until it was too late.

One of the functionaries turned just in time to see a seemingly intangible force lift his colleague up off the floor, violently twist his neck and then fling his unconscious body across the room like a ragdoll. Before the remaining officer could respond, he felt a quick, sharp pain along the linkage between his head and shoulders.

Optic-camo still activated, Blades moved to the terminal and worked the console. In succession, the individual windows on the overhead monitor went black, signifying that all the surveillance equipment in the holding cells were off line. He then flicked a nearby switch, unlocking the door between the booth and the entrance to the holding cells.

---

When the officer from the basement soon found his way onto the first floor, he immediately detected that something peculiar was afoot. Common sense naturally led him to observation booth, where he found the unconscious bodies of his colleagues.

"What the...?"

KRRRINK!

Blades dropped the patrolmech's limp body to the floor, then opened his com-link. "Hey. The surveillance is out," he told Firecracker. "Come on up a get your anonymous mech."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

IMR

Peace.

For so long now, for seemingly countless breems, orns, vorns, his mind was a chaos.

Nightmares.

Dreamscapes.

The Twilight Zone.

The Outer Limits.

I.

Love.

Lucy.

All his shortcomings, all his failures, his miserable, pathetic FAILURES, splattered out across the tapestry of his subconscious in an arterial spray of hate and loathing.

But he'd fought his way through them. A lot of it was happenstance or accident. By rationally going through each and every one of them, by analyzing the events, he managed to assuage his guilt.

And with that soothing, healing balm of self forgiveness.... came peace.

A chance to rest. Finally.

---------

Exterior, IMR

"Sir? You'll have to leave that here."

Optimus Prime rolled to a halt, feeling the heavily-beweaponed trailer rocking in it's mooring behind him(and the slight SCREECH of tires on metal as Ironhide and Nightbeat tried desperately not to plow into him from behind). "Leave what here?"

The hospital sec-mech pointed at the trailer. "That."

Prime transformed to robot mode, willing the trailer to stay in place. "Why? If you haven't noticed, we're being invaded."

"Rules are rules."

Ironhide, with a slightly dazed looking Nightbeat in tow, stormed up to the entrance doors and strode through as they opened.

Prime's optics narrowed as he followed the other two in. "You didn't say anything to them."

The sec-mech shrugged. "Rules apply to level headed Cybertronians. Getting my head punched off because I tick off your bodyguard isn't in my job description."

Prime smiled grimly beneath his faceplate. Having my bodyguard be feared does help..... I think.

-------------

IMR Recovery Ward

He can sense them, standing around his bed. His optic shutters opened, and he winced as harsh, actinic light replaced the soothing darkness. "Urrrr....."

Nightbeat looked at the datapadd he'd taken from a somewhat annoyed head nurse. "According to this, he's fine. Just been offline." He offered the padd to Prime, who scanned the data with a critical eye.

"Just didn't.... feel like waking up. Wanted.... to rest....."

Ironhide snorted. "Now ain't th' tahme to rest, kid. We gotta go kick some Imperials off'a th' planet."

"Gr...reat...."

Then he felt the hand on his shoulder, and looked up.

Hot Rod smirked down at Tracks. "C'mon. They descrambled my brain a while ago. Let's get out of here. The nurses are seriously uncute."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Autobase

Drift raised an eyebrow at Crosshairs' suggestion. "That is stupid, crazy, insensitive and goes against every reason that I quite the Decepticons."

Then his voice dropped an octave lower, and he leaned forwards so the shadows from his head crest were cast over his optics. "Let's do it." It was Deadlock's voice.

Drift's stance was changed a little as well, leaning slightly forwards to give the impression like he'll pounce at you any moment.

Old habits never die.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

ISS Holding Cells

(OOC: Board gremlins ate my last post when the threads got split, so let's try it again...)

"Nice work, Captain Whiteout," Firecracker quipped at Blades. "Say what you will about ol' Maggy, but he sure knows how to pick his goons."

The small Autobot slid his blaster out of it's holster, ready in case he ran into a guard or two that Blades had missed. Then he took a quick glance at the map that his sponsor had provided to him, refreshing his memory of the police station's layout.

"It'll take me four and a half minutes to get to the cells," he said as he started to move, "plus two to break him out. Factor in another four and a half to get back here. Do you want to meet me at the cells, or are you going to secure our exit?"

Autobase

Crosshairs nodded a bit. "That's exactly what I was hoping for," he told Drift. "I'll need you to stay here, and stay out of sight. Sideswipe and I will do the finding and the dragging, so that he doesn't know what to expect."

Sideswipe grinned. "What are we waiting for? Let's get this story on the road!"
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Main Gates, Autobase

Shortly after Prowl's 'proclamation' to the masses, mechs began to slowly arrive at the main gate. They came from Altihex, Uraya, the Border Regions and the city state itself, their numbers gradually increasing by the hour.

There would be a big turnout.

----

ISS Holding Cells

"Captain White Out, eh? Beats 'Graze', I guess," Blades shrugged. "Think I'll stay in Predator mode and keep an eye on things. Already had one straggler poking around. Gotta make sure our exit is secure," he told Firecracker. "Just keep a lookout for anybody patrolling the aisles between the cells. You never know. Give me a ring if you need anything, okay, Day-Glo Red."

---

Prowl's Office, Autobase

(OOC: Another loose end needing tying up, is all :))

Red Alert lifted up a small abstract sculpture sitting at the edge of Prowl's desk and quizzically examined it. "That bad out there, huh? It must be, what with a big, grand announcement like that," he said. "I guess this is your moment of glory, isn't it? Just like you planned."

"I do not thrive on public approval, Red Alert," Prowl raised his chin.

"Of course you don't," the ISS security director 'rolled' his eyes.

Prowl glanced sideways at his guest. "Mm, perhaps it is time that you were venerated."

Red Alert cocked his left brow in response.

"I have allocated the necessary manpower and resources to remain behind and defend Iacon's borders," the Autobot general continued. "But it is to you, the ISS and the rest of the civilian branch, that the nation will look to."

Red Alert silently looked back at Prowl for moment, then shook his head, "Wow. Well, heh...that's a lot to put on someone."

"That is why we endorsed the Guard City Project," Prowl said. "After all, is it not what you always wanted ever since the inception of your department? The reason for all the incessant bickering? The hardly subtle demands for autonomy that ultimately compelled you to relocate to the civilian branch? Please, by all means, do correct me."

Red Alert grinned. "Something like that."

"Let us place this dissidence aside for now," Prowl said. "I have made you a reasonable offer. It is now up to you to make the next decision."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Autobase

"Hide. Right."

Drift transformed into vehicle mode and pulled into reverse, screeching away to find a hiding place...

"This is the Decepticon shuttle Fearless contacting Optimus Prime. Gigatron wishes an audience."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Main Gates, Autobase

Buffer marched up to the gate at the head of a formation of veterans.

"TROOP about wheel , TROOP eyes right, TROOP at ease."

~*~

Highbeam swaggered forward leading a small group of sherriffs officers.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Approaching the Decagon:

The small convoy of vehicles headed for the mustering point. Prime in the lead, with Ironhide, Hot Rod, Nightbeat, and Tracks following.

All Optimus Prime could think of as he headed for the Decagon, though, was not the impending fight. Wasn't facing down a mad, overpowered rampaging Decepticon. Wasn't even the fact that he might die again.

It was what Prowl had wrought.

The Autobots had a reputation, deserved or not, of overcoming impossible odds through courage and determination. Yes, at one point that had gotten them pushed off of Cybertron by the Decepticons, but by and large, courage had seen them through. And some admittedly oddball schemes on Megatron's part.

And even looking at everything Prowl had commissioned and comparing it to the superior technology of the Imperials, it would still, probably, require courage and determination to win.

But the cost....... How many more lives would have to be lost, how many more would weigh down his spark? How many more innocents had to risk their lives to save the world from some madman's folly?

Prime was shaken out of his reverie by the message from the Fearless, and he activated his commlink. "I read you. I'm en route to the Decagon. He can meet me there."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642