[G1 RPG] Terminus: The Dark Messiah (Crystal City)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Still Hanging on to Black Battle Convoy

Stranglehold's jaw hung open.

Big words. Lots of big words. Stranglehold lost track of what Squash Bison was saying at 'Doctorate'.

Turning to Octopunch, Stranglehold said, "I think he's a bit smarter than us. He knows where he's going."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Crew's Cabin Section A, Warworld

Howlback shook her head to Bombshell. "No," she said, "I just want to make sure Thunderwing can't shoot us if he gets back up."

Kickback scoffed at Shrapnel's inebriation. "Lightweight."

He took a few more bites, then pricked up his antennae as the klaxon sounded.

"It's not that easy," he told Bombshell. "We've moved too deep into the ship to eat our way out from here. We need to find a exterior bulkhead first." He looked over at Shrapnel and asked, "Do you remember that map we were looking at?"

Hangar Bay, Warworld

"I'm insulted!" Birdbrain barked at Slog. "There's no way it would be accidental."

Snapdragon shook his head. "Worry? Don't be ridiculous. Escape, yes. But worry? Ha!"

He gestured toward the hangar exit, then shrugged. "That is, if that fancy Imperial body of yours is configured to fly in space like mine is."

The Horrorcon transformed to jet mode and lit up his engines streaking away from the rest of the unit and toward the exit. "Now come on! Someone will need to clear a path through the drones for the non-flyers and whatever lumbering transport they use to get out."

"Ahh!" Thunderwing pushed himself away from the rising metal spikes, avoiding being pinned but losing contact with the ground at the same time. He fell through the hole into the level below like so much discarded trash. Snare's missiles followed him down the hole, detonating a fiery wreath around the Pretender.

Blast Master hesitated, but Phaser was having none of it. "We're bugging out," he told his younger partner. "Transform!"

They did, combining into their space shuttle mode. But instead of blasting off right away, something made Phaser stay and ask, "Do you 'Cons have a way out, or is your ship trashed?"

Drone Hangar, Warworld

Thunderwing grinned, firing a burst of lightning at the retreating Snarler.

Corridors, Warworld

Ravage bristled at Squash Bison's suggestion. "Don't be ridiculous. We're not going anywhere until we know if Soundwave's still alive."

"Besides," Buzzsaw told him, "we'll never make it back to the hangar in time. If we're getting out, it's through the drone bay. Unless you think we can travel the eighty kilometres to the main hangar in fifteen minutes, doctor."

Octopunch winced. "Through Thunderwing, you mean."

"Lemme at 'im!" Rumble said gamely.

Black Battle Convoy, for his part, simply kept driving toward the drone hangar without saying anything to his fellow Decepticons. When he arrived, though, he deliberately jackknifed his trailer to toss the two Pretenders off...before the trailer itself split apart and formed it's battlestation mode, launching rockets and serrated disks at the Thunderwing shell that stood, gloating, at the other end of the room.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Space

"Understood, Cosmos," Sky Lynx answered. "Make haste, you and Missile Master's crew -- and get out of there!"

The Air Commander switched to an open channel. "Attention: Flights 1 through 5; prepare to fall back to Galaxy Shuttle and the Vigilare's position. Veracitas and Integratis; standby and be ready to pick up our comrades below."

(OOC: If anyone needs a pick up, just say the word :))
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"That works too." Bombshell replied to Howlback between munches.

Shrapnel didn't reply to Kickback, instead pirouetting into a wall and knocking his head on it, landing on his back.

"Oh, typical." Bombshell muttered as he and the Insecticlones tore their way through the wall... only to reveal the corridor opposite it. "Hey, hey, Kickback, any luck getting-" Bombshell crawled out of the hole, to see Shrapnel on the ground. "Oh."

Blackjack looked up at Kickback. "Whisper and I, well, we kind of downloaded a map before we blew up the security station. Not sure if it's as good as the ones your lightning-shooting pal would've gotten, but it's better than nothing." Blackjack pressed a button on his wrist, and a relatively tiny holographic copy of the map in the security station appeared.

Hangar Bay, Warworld

"Sarcastic, I was being. Present, apostrophes were, though aware, you were not." Slog replied to Birdbrain. With a magnetic pull, he attempted to bring Wildfly nearby. "Escape now, we should, Scowl, Icepick, Bristleback."

Scowl lumbered over to one of the dropships that looked like it might function, gesturing for others to follow, but turned around to face Phaser. "Trashed, indeed, our transports are. If willing to provide assistance, you are, grateful, we would be."

Barrage leapt off the now-spent Stratatonic Jet, looking from side to side, searching for a way out that doesn't involve floating aimlessly in space.

"We are bailing out, Lieutenant Commander, but some of the non-flight capable Decepticons may require assistance in getting themselves free, so if we could, uh, spare a shuttle or something, because I don't think I can fit them all inside me..."

Cosmos replied to Sky Lynx as he shot out of the hangar bay after Snapdragon, joining the Horrorcon and the renegade Predator with him in firing at the drones outside.

"My fancy Imperial body can take on your primitive throwback body any time, Horrorcon." Snare told Snapdragon, as he shot after the Horrorcon, lasers whining up and opening fire at any drones outside.

And then Skydive died.

"Guh-"

The death of another sibling shut down his brain, causing Snare to transform reflexively and tumbled and lurched forwards, shooting out of control out of the Warworld.

Bludgeon looked down at the chasm where Thunderwing had fallen, fallen and fallen. The Pretender sheathed his katana, and deactivated his flaming lightsaber, clamping the hilt to his hip.

"And so it ends in fire."

Bludgeon raised both his hands, black-coloured flames materializing, pulled out of the air itself, in his palms. Bludgeon lobbed the two balls of hellfire down towards Thunderwing, to finish the job if Snare's missiles had not.

"Decepticons, get off the Warworld!" Bludgeon hissed into his intercom, broadcasting to all the Decepticons in the Warworld.

Corridors, Warworld

"I swear, evil Prime does it on purpose." Stranglehold muttered to Octopunch as they were flung off Black Battle Convoy's trailer. Instead of taking it out on the Prime clone, Stranglehold charged the Thunderwing shell, launching his ball-and-chain at the shell.

He disregarded Bludgeon's order for them to escape... here was a fight, and he wasn't about to run away from it.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Corridors, Warworld

Squash Bison snorted,

"well I was going to take the Teleport Picasso as recognised crew members we have functioning teleport keys. Do I look as if i can fit inside a drone?"
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Space

"Oh, I believe we can spare a vessel or two," said Sky Lynx. "The Integritas and The Veracitas are on their way," he told Cosmos.

The Air Commander switched com-channels. "Captain Rad, Captain Over-Run; get down there and retrieve our allies! You must hurry -- the Warworld could detonate at any moment," said Sky Lynx. "And fear not, I shall cover you."

"So, no pressure then?" Rad quipped back. "Sigh, on my way, Boss."

"Ah, c'mon, Rad. You love it an' you know it, Over-Run chimed in.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Space

"Roger that, Lieutenant Commander." Cosmos replied to Sky Lynx, and swiveled around to face Bludgeon, Scowl, and the rest of the Decepticons. "Attention! Um, attention, Decepticons! Our shuttles the Veracitas and the Integritas are coming to pick up those of you who are incapable of flight."

Bludgeon cocked his head to one side. "You Autobots would risk your lives for us, mmm?" The Pretenders spoke in a hollow voice, one that is more contemplative than mocking. "But then again, that is what makes you Autobots what you are... yes. Decepticons- tarry not, and head to the shuttles provided by our Autobot allies."

"In other part of the ship, some of our troops are." Slog told Bludgeon, as he moved Wildfly along with magnetism.

"Then their fate is sealed, unless they are able to reach us, or to find their own way off this doomed Warworld." Bludgeon replied, placing his hand on one of the consoles in the hangar bay.

"Cruel, that is. However, for them, nothing could we do."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Howlback scowled as Bludgeon's order came over the intercom.

"Yes, because we wouldn't have thought to do that without your permission..."

"Good work, you guys," Kickback told Blackjack. "Something is definitely better than nothing. Just point us in the direction of an outside bulkhead and we'll do the rest."

Hangar Bay, Warworld

Birdbrain scowled. "Yes, Slog, I know that. It was a joke." He shrugged. "Also, I was hoping to distract you enough that you'd forget to actually bring him. But alas..."

"Oh, for the love of--" Snapdragon transformed to beast mode, using a blast of propulsion to twist toward his new...acquaintance. Grabbing at the wayward Snare, he accelerated away from the hangar, dodging drones as he went.

"Seriously, this is the last time I'm going to save your hide, Imp!"

Phaser had to think about it before he triggered the hatch of his shuttle mode.

"Get in," he told Scowl. "It'll be a tight squeeze, but I should be able to fit you Pretenders in here. I have no idea how long it'll take for those shuttles to get here, but the fewer bodies they need to load when they get here the better."

"You sure about this?" Blast Master asked him. "I mean...'Cons? Seriously?"

Phaser groaned. "I know. But we can't just leave them."

Drone Hangar, Warworld

"Right. The teleporter that Thunderwing, as your commander, has authority to use too? And that he'll follow you through to kill you, since he's seemingly gone mad and started murdering his own troops? That teleporter?" Buzzsaw groaned. "Trust me, you really want him dead before you try to escape."

He made a sour noise. "Oh, and I resent being called 'Picasso'. Do I look like a cubist to you?"

Octopunch used his suction cups to stop him from skidding across the floor, then answered Stranglehold. "Gee, you think?" he asked sarcastically. "You wanna tell me anything else I already know, or you want to kill someone?"

Thunderwing, for his part, tried to catch Stranglehold's flail out of the air and pull the other Pretender toward him. Octopunch made a gurgly sound of annoyance as the other Mayhem got between him and his prey...and again when he saw that Black Battle Convoy was just standing there, sword in hand, not moving to attack. His trailer had emptied it's explosives magazine at the shell as soon as they'd entered the room, battering it, but now lay silent as well.

"Do something, you idiot."

"I am," Convoy said obscurely.

Octopunch groaned...then ducked as Thunderwing tossed a mangled Rumble across the room.

Ravage dropped to his knees beside Soundwave, checking his commander and old friend for signs of life.

He found none.

Probably for the best, Ravage admitted sadly. He wouldn't know how to live in a world at peace.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Hangar Bay, Warworld

(OOC: I hope this is the right place :o)

The Veracitas and the Integritas circled around the docked Warworld, lowering with each revolution until they reached the hangar bay opening.

Several Decepticons were gathered inside, waiting or preparing to depart. Phaser and Blaster Master were there as well, who were already loading up passengers.

The two shuttles slowly glided in, but did not come to a complete landing. Instead, they hovered over the hangar and dropped their loading ramps.

"Heard someone here needed a lift," Rad called out over the Veracitas' intercom.

"Alright you 'Cons," Over-Run shouted from the Integritas. "All aboard!"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Drone Hangar

Squash Bison sighed.

"Right , right , how about Dali then ? Anyway I guess it's time to make a stand . It's not as if I wanted to live forever.

Squash Bison sent a jet of flame across the room towards Thunderwing.

Caterpillager languidley sent a flight of missiles towards Thunderwing.

"What are you playing at ? If we stick around what chance do we have. Unless Thunderwing can survive an exploding Warworld he's dead anyway.

Powermole normally the gentlest and quietest of creatures took out a vial from subspace and snorted the contents. His optics glowed lime green.

He produced a very large battle axe and holding it above his head he charged at Thunderwing screaming hoping to bifurcate the crazed Imperial.

~*~

Squash Bison sighed.

"Who'd have guessed he had a circuit booster addiction. It the quiet ones you have to watch out for."

Hangar Bay

Bristleback muttered to himself

"having to be rescued by slaggin' Autobots."

Scowl scowled at him.

"If you're so concerend we can always leave you behind."

Ice Pick admired the shuttle mode.

"That is cutting edge technology , I mean the subspace decompression between modes is very impressive."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"Piss off the kooky Japanese walking personification of death later, Howlback. We've got to get out of here." Bombshell told the Cassettecon, as he crouched down next to Kickback to inspect Blackjack's map.

Blackjack shrugged and pointed in a direction. "That way, I think, is the nearest bulkhead. We're... thankfully quite near. But you'll have to eat quickly. The exterior bulkheads seem quite thick compared to the one you just punched through, and I for one am not keen on being blown up."

"Duly noted." Bombshell told Blackjack. Walking towards the direction the Micromaster pointed them at, stopping to drag the drunk Shrapnel by the antennae. Needler and the Insecticlones tottered after Bombshell.

Blackjack looked up at Kickback, and smiled weakly. "Only sane guy in the team, huh?"

Hangar Bay, Warworld

Slog shook his head at Birdbrain as the other members of Team Monstructor gathered. The Pretender looked at Phaser and Blast Master's generousity, and was touched by the young Autobots. "Thank you Autobots, we do."

Slog shoved Wildfly into the Micromasters' shuttle form, then turned to Bristleback and Icepick. "Argue about dignity and technology, later we can. Now, save ourselves, we should."

Slog hopped into Phaser's vehicle mode, squeezing in as best as he could.

Seeing Phaser and Blast Master do that, Cosmos opened his own hangar bay. "If you guys can't fit in them, you're welcome to, uh, hop into mine... ah, good. Here comes the real ships. Excellent, right? Huzzah."

Bludgeon glared at Cosmos, then walked up towards the Integritas, waving at Barrage, Treadshot and the others to follow. "Gather the wounded that we could save." Bludgeon said, "Leave the dead weight."

Barrage followed Bludgeon as he walked up the ramp of the Integritas, where he glanced at Over-Run for a while, hollow eye sockets boring at the Autobot, before looking away and standing in a corner, folding his hands, saying nothing to the Autobots.

Snare come to when Snapdragon grabbed him, shaking his head. "Damn mental link." He muttered. "Thanks for the save, 'Con." Snare told the Horrorcon, before breaking off and turning back into his vehicle mode. "What say we cut those Autobot transports a path out?"

Snare opened fire at the drones around him with his laser blasts.

Drone Hangar, Warworld

Stranglehold shrugged at Octopunch. "I want to kill someone." He answered the other Pretender's question stupidly, thinking that Octopunch was actually asking him a proper question.

Of course, anything else he was about to say was cut short as Thunderwing yanked at his ball and chain. Unwilling to let go of his prized weapon, Stranglehold allowed himself to be pulled by Thunderwing, but not before his inner robot leaped out, and, proving that he was not capable of adapting to situations, did the exact same tactic as before... namely, transforming into rhinoceros mode and charging Thunderwing, weapon opening fire at the mad aristocrat.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Howlback narrowed her optics and glared at Bombshell. "If you mean to imply that I should fear Bludgeon, don't waste your breath. Cobalt Sentries don't fear anyone."

Kickback smiled at Blackjack's aside. "Yeah, pretty much. Shrappers' gotten better at least, but Bombshell's only behaving because I put a bomb in his head and made my brain cerebro-shell proof."

He sunk his teeth into the indicated bulkhead and started chewing.

"We're Insecticons. 'Eat fast', You say. Hah!"

Hangar Bay, Warworld

Snapdragon grinned a beastial grin. "I like the way you think," he told Snare. "Even though it does sound like a lot of work."

Transforming back to his aerial mode, he blasted away with his laser cannons blazing, each one targeting a different drone.

"I'd like to see you top that, Predator!"

Birdbrain climbed aboard the Autobot combiner shuttle, looking around nervously. "Never been inside an Autobot before," he said with a quaver in his voice. "Are we sure we can trust them?"

Phaser would have shrugged if he'd been in robot mode. "Standard Micromaster kit," he told Icepick. "Never understood it, myself. Growing this much in vehicle mode takes as much energy as we save by being tiny in robot mode."

Once the Pretender Monsters were aboard, he closed the boarding hatch and lit up their engines.

"Hold on tight," he said. "We're going out hot!"

Treadshot ran up the Veracitas's ramp, nodding his thanks to the Autobot guarding the entrance. He dragged Ruckus and Ransack behind him, leaving the deactivated Decepticons just inside the door.

"Ask your captain if he needs an extra gunner, please," he said politely. "I'm obliged to offer my help."

Black Shadow's cloak dissolved as he went up the Integritas's ramp, angry that he hadn't been able to snag a new shell for himself.

Drone Hangar, Warworld

"How do you know so much about human art?" Buzzsaw asked Squash Bison, irritated. "I lived there for two decades and even I have a hard time remembering all of the finger-painting shaved baboons they call artists?"

Thunderwing roared as Caterpillager's missiles slammed into his chest, knocking him off balance but not damaging his armour in the slightest.

"Are you willing to bet our lives that he won't survive the explosion?" Buzzsaw challenged Catterpillager. "He caused it. You think he'd do that without an exit strategy?"

Powermole's charge, meanwhile, would be stymied by an energy wall that appeared in his path.

Octopunch gave Stranglehold an annoyed look as he fired a lightning blast from his trident at Thunderwing. "Then do it, you ignorant brute!"

Losing his grip on the ball and chain, Thunderwing let Stranglehold's shell fall to the ground. Pushing himself up to one knee, he turned toward the rhino. "Go away, idiot," he said as Octopunch's lightning and Stranglehold's fire were absorbed by a crackle of purple energy. Then he threw a punch squarely at the rhino's jaw.

Black Battle Convoy, meanwhile, still hadn't moved.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Bombshell snapped back a retort at Howlback, something about hiding while they fought Thunderwing, but all that came out from his chewing mouth was "Mmmph-mmph-mmmmhphpph-mm."

Shrapnel, Needler and the three Insecticon Clones continued to tear through the wall, eating as quickly as they possibly could.

Blackjack glanced at Whisper, and shrugged, "Insecticons. Can't live with them, can't live without them."

Hangar Bay, Warworld

"Mmm, we all know your throwback systems are no match for an Imperial Predator." Snare replied to Snapdragon, his missile pods and laser cannons whining up and opening fire, sending missiles and laser blasts guided by the late Skydive's Megavisor technology flying at all the drones in their path.

Slog turned to Birdbrain, and nodded.

"Never understood, you, what this war is all about." Slog told Birdbrain. "Unification. The exact same thing, my art is all about. Peace through tyranny, led to believe in, we have. Peace, the ultimate goal. The ultimate goal, lost sight of it, we have."

Cosmos zipped in next to Phaser and Blastmaster, his cannons joining Snapdragon and Snare as he blew up individual drones.

Integritas

Bludgeon watched as Decepticon soldiers entered the ship, as well as Snare's Predator defectors, which looked nervously as some of the Decepticon ground troops formed a circle around them. One of them placed Skullgrin's comatose form on the ground.

Bludgeon nodded. "That seems to be everybody, Captain." He addressed Over-Run. "Dally any longer, and we shall all be destroyed."

Turning to Black Shadow, Bludgeon glanced at the former Space Mafia leader. "Is there any way at all that we could access Thunderwing's shells through you as a conduit?" Bludgeon hissed.

Drone Hangar, Warworld

Stranglehold's shell flew through the air, flailing, as it slammed onto a bulkhead and crashed down onto the ground.

The inner robot continued to charge at Thunderwing, and the Pretender's punch slammed squarely onto his jaw, sending the rhinoceros head snapping off and flying into the air, while the headless body skittered and crashed onto the bulkhead behind Thunderwing.

"Oooohhh..." Stranglehold muttered, as he transformed back into robot mode, and crawled towards his Pretender shell.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Drone Hangar, Warworld

Squash Bison snorted

"Warworldipedia, us "primitives" were seen as below the other mechs and so were given a direct link to the Warworlds databases in order to improve us and make us slightly more socially acceptable to the others. Plus of course I do dabble occasionally nothing like yourself obviously just a few amateur attempts.

~*~

Powermole slammed into the energy wall and fell over backwards looking dazed.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Hangar Bay, Warworld

Veracitas

Gobots* stood at the top of the entry ramp and looked on as the Decepticons entered the Veracitas.

He acknowledged Treadshot with a nod as he boarded. "I dunno, maybe." Gobots shrugged. "Hold on while I ask..."

The Autobot tapped his audio receiver to open his comlink. "Hey, Captain, it's me. Gotta 'Con down here that wants to chip in. You need an extra gunner?"

"Mmm. Eh, I suppose," Rad replied. "Bring him on up. I'll put him to work."

With another tap, Gobots ended the transmission. "Yeah, he'll have you," he told Treadshot. "C'mon, I'll take you up to the bridge." Gobots jutted his thumb behind him to a nearby lift.

(OOC: * - Retroactively added. I like to name my NPCs, you know :))

---

Intregritas

"Got it, Skullman," Over-Run said over the intercom. "Alright folks," he then told the Decepticon passengers on board, "We're outta here. Hope y'all got your traveling buddies, 'cos there won't be any last minute turn-arounds."

Over-Run switched to an open channel, first addressing the Veracitas waiting nearby in the hangar. "I'm ready over here, Rad. Let's move it."

"Understood. I'm right behind you."

"Hey Boss? You still out there?"

"Why, of course I am, Captain Over-Run," Sky Lynx commed back. "Your exit is secure. Tarry not, my friends. Time is of the essence."

---

The Integritas, still propped up by its maneuvering thrusters, rotated itself until it faced the hangar bay exit. Then, with the burst of its engines, the shuttle shot across the deck and took to the air. The Veracitas followed suit.

Together, both the Autobot shuttles, accompanied by Sky Lynx, flew out from under the hangar and back into space.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Howlback nodded her head in mocking agreement with Bombshell. "Whatever you say, insect."

But she was just putting up a front, trying to seem collegial and hoping that no one would see through the facade of calm that she was maintaining. Because although the Insecticons were eating as fast as they could, she'd run the calculations three times over in her head, and the conclusion was undeniable.

They weren't going to make it through in time.

(OOC: Follow my lead on this one, please. I'll make sure that...well, some of them get out alive. :) )

Hangar Bay, Warworld

Snapdragon laughed. "Predator systems? Ha! You Imperials rely too much on technology. It doesn't matter how advanced you build the soldier."

He barrel-rolled, firing off all four of his laser cannons at wildly different angles. Each shot hit a different drone, turning it into a hunk of molten slag as his gyro gun pulsed, disabling the steering on yet more drones and sending them crashing helplessly into their ruined comrades. All the while his rocket engines ran at full burn, accelerating him past a kilometre per second, somehow making the minute adjustments necessary to avoid crashing into the results of the carnage he'd caused.

"It's about how skilled the soldier is. Why do you think we always kick your Imperial butts when we fight? It's because you spend all your time culling half-sentient monkeys. Whereas us? We are fighting other Transformers every day of our lives. It doesn't matter how shiny you are when we've got so much more experience. But survive a few more days like this, and you just might catch up."

Birdbrain shrugged. "I'm a conscript, Slog," he told his fellow Pretender. "I don't care what the war is about. My ultimate goal is to not die, and that means I'm going to watch my back when I'm surrounded -- literally -- by someone who's job is usually to kill us."

Phaser steered his combined vehicle mode away from the Warworld, moving sluggishly from all the extra mass.

"Uh, Star Arrow...we could probably use a ride out of here."

"Right. About that." Heave's voice crackled over the comm. "You're on your own. We're currently on fire--"

"We're under fire too," Phaser said exasperatedly. "And our hull is a lot thinner than yours."

"Not under fire," Heave clarified. On fire. As in, our engines are slagged and our ship is burning in space. In fact, we sort of need you to come and rescue us. Um...please?"

"Oh, this is just brilliant. I leave the ship for ten minutes and you idiots set the thing on fire..." Phaser sighed, then adjusted his course toward the Star Arrow's transponder. "I'll be there in two minutes, assuming we're not dead by then."

Treadshot gave Gobots a nod. "Thank you," he said reasonably. "Considering the gravity of the situation, I'll even waive my usual extracurricular murdering fee."

Black Shadow glared at Bludgeon. "Yeah, if I was inside one. Don't think that's likely to happen now, though. No thanks to you, Mister Brimstone and Hellfire."

Drone Hangar, Warworld

"Really?" Buzzsaw said, suddenly interested in what Squash Bison had to say. "I would love to see some of your work after all this is over." He frowned. "Er, that is, anything that doesn't blow up with this benighted hulk of a battlestation."

Octopunch lunged toward Thunderwing, stabbing the tines of his trident at the other Pretender's face. Thunderwing countered by catching the weapon below the tines and snapping it in half before stepping forward and smashing his fist into Octopunch's stomach.

Black Battle Convoy moved, then. With Thunderwing's back turned, he vaulted forward and brought his sword down in a powerful vertical slice, intending to use his momentum to cut the Pretender shell in half. But Thunderwing was faster. He pivoted away from the stunned Octopunch, sidestepped the slash and punched the Prime clone square in the face.

"Don't flatter yourself," Thunderwing told him. "I've fought the real Optimus Prime. You are nothing but a pale shadow of him." His optics narrowed. "And shadows cannot survive in my light!"

With a roar, Thunderwing grabbed Black Battle Convoy by the shoulders and poured purple Matrix energy directly into him. The Decepticon started to glow, as light burst through from every seam in his armour. Then he started to smoke, and the light pouring out of him shone ever brighter. Burning through his optics and his joints, then intensifying until you could see nothing but the light.

Then the light faded, and Black Battle Convoy was nowhere to be seen.

"Will anyone else be foolish enough to tempt my wrath?" Thunderwing asked the remaining Decepticons.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Drone Hangar

Caterpillager padded languidedly out of what he considered Thunderwings range.

"I assume that is a rhetorical question. Say we all chooose not to tempt your wrath does that mean you will let us leave unharmed ?"

Squash Bison nodded

"I fear my work is doomed however I will be happy to create something fresh should we bothe surv..."

Squash Bison stopped as his eyes strayed over a teleport control unit in a corner of the drone hangar.

"Hold on Buzzsaw I have an idea."

He moved over towards it and started manipulating the controls. The panel came to life and he smiled to himself.

Above Thunderwing a piece of machinery hummed to life.

~*~

Whisper nodded

"lets hope we just live. with or without Insecticons."

~*~

Retcon chomped away at the wall furiously.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Intregritas

Bludgeon's hollow optics seemed to blaze with unholy black flames (or was it an illusion? Barrage could never tell) when Over-Run addressed him as 'Skullman', then 'Mister Brimstone and Hellfire'. The Pretender let out an unearthly noise of annoyance as he went off to brood in a corner, flatly ignoring Black Shadow. Bludgeon fixed his decidedly annoyed glare at Barrage, who stood straight.

"Deal with them." Bludgeon hissed. "In a way that does not involve a sonic bullet through the head." The Pretender sat in a cross-legged position, and his normally blank expression became even blanker.

Barrage didn't know what Bludgeon was doing. Was it a trance, was he doing some kind of mystical ritual to locate Thunderwing? Or to exact vengeance on Black Shadow or the Autobot captain? Or was it to speed their way out?

Or, was it just a facade so the others won't bother him?

Nonetheless the Decepticon de facto leader had given him an order, and Barrage would obey it to the letter. "Is everyone on board?" Barrage asked, his mandibles clicking as he pushed Skullgrin gently onto one side of the bay. "Do a headcount."

"We're all here, sir. Mostly." A Decepticon soldier said. "The Pretenders went with the Autobot Micromasters, but the Mayhem Attack Squad-"

"-Will have to fend for themselves." Bludgeon's voice sounded, hollow and empty, as the shuttles exited the Warworld.

Blackjack was watching the Insecticons as they hurriedly chewed through the metals of the Warworld's hull, but, like Howlback, he had calculated the odds, calculated the numbers and percentages, and, he too, like Howlback, had calculated that the Insecticon's eating speed, despite Kickback's assurances, would not be enough.

"How's Tailwind, Whisper?" Blackjack asked the other Micromaster, while giving Howlback a knowing glance. "They're not fast enough." Blackjack said flatly.

Hangar Bay, Warworld

"You throwbacks rely too much on animal instincts!" Snare retorted good-naturedly, as he mimicked Snapdragon's movements, clearing the drones that are hounding the Autobot shuttles with precise sniper movements.

"I'll have to admit, though, you're better than those idiot Seekers I've fought before." Snare said. "And you've got a funky gun. Living with Skydive have made me swear off specialized weapons, though. Having a Rust Grenade blow up in your face will do it to you."

Snare sighed. He was missing the point, and he knew it.

"Yeah, jokes aside, I get what you mean. All this... all this time, we've been an extermination force, overwhelming stupid alien races by sending waves and waves of troops at them. Honestly I've been sick of it long ago, but family ties and all that forced me to go on. Now, I admit, fighting you guys... that was the best fight I've ever had."

"Fool, you are." Slog sighed, shaking his head at Birdbrain. He knew the idiot won't understand, but he had to try nonetheless. "Principles, Autobots have. Our forte, backstabbing is. The ones worried, they should be. Help, they gave us nonetheless."

"I heard that. Sorry. Awkward moment. Communications specialist and everything." Cosmos told Phaser and Blast Master as he zipped past by them. "If your cargo bay's full, your buddies... squadmates... well, they can bunk over inside me. I've got room for four Micromasters here, even with the 'Cons."

Drone Hangar, Warworld

Ignoring the talk between Buzzsaw and Squash Bison, Stranglehold charged Thunderwing alongside Octopunch, watching as his fellow Pretender was knocked aside... and then Black Battle Convoy moved.

For a brief moment, Stranglehold thought he saw Bludgeon, moving with a sword like that... but Black Battle Convoy was no Bludgeon.

Stranglehold watched, in anger, as Black Battle Convoy was literally torn apart and vaporized by Thunderwing's power.

He stopped in awe, for a second. Rumble, then Black Battle Convoy. Two dead, and Thunderwing's still unmolested. Would he tempt the Matrix-fueled maniac's wrath?

Ultimately Stranglehold is a warrior. Unbeatable odds serve only as an incentive to him. Entering his shell, Stranglehold charged Thunderwing with a roar, leaping into the air and attempting to bring down a haymaker down onto Thunderwing's head...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Howlback nodded. "I know," she replied to Blackjack in a low whisper. "Don't tell the others. There's still a chance that we'll survive, but only if no one panics and runs off."

Kickback continued to chew, but even his Insecticon systems had their limits and he was starting to feel full.

Hangar Bay, Warworld

Snapdragon scoffed. "Seekers? Cannon fodder, the lot of them. They've got even less combat experience than you. Four million years watching over an abandoned Iacon with no one to fight but four female Autobots and Alpha Trion doesn't really give you much to learn from."

He chuckled. "Don't worry," he told Snare as he gunned down another flight of drones, "if I ever need to commit genocide on organics, I'm sure I'll be just as bad at it as you are at actual fights."

Birdbrain scowled. "Right," he told Slog. "Because we've never run into people like Roadbuster or Grimlock who'd shoot us in the back just for wearing Decepticon badges. I'm not an idiot, art boy. I don't think every Autobot is a bloodthirsty maniac. They're people, like us, and I'm not going to trust one of them with my life unless I know them."

He looked around, embarrassed. "Er, no offense," he told the Autobots they were inside.

"None taken," Blast Master assured him. Then he joked, "Don't worry, we don't trust you either."

"I'd appreciate that," Phaser told Cosmos. "There's five, though. They had a 'Con aboard the ship with them, last I checked."

Drone Hangar, Warworld

Thunderwing chuckled at Caterpillager's question. "No, probably not," he told the Imperial. "But I'll kill you quickly instead of slowly."

Buzzsaw saw what Squash Bison was doing, and smiled a beaky smile. "Oh, I like the way you think," he told the funny-looking former enemy.

Octopunch saw Stranglehold charging, and lunged to stop him. He'd seen what Squash Bison was up to as well, and didn't want his fellow Pretender caught up in the teleport beam.

Thunderwing, however, was oblivious.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Blackjack nodded to Howlback, and replied in a low whisper as he watched the Insecticons chew... noticeably slower than before. "You have a plan, I take it? Of course, I do too... but my plans are known to be, you know, quite a gamble and I'll take a low-risk alternative any day. Tell me what you have in mind, and I'll help you if I can."

"You remember when we could -hic- use what we ate and turn them into clones and we'll never get full, full?" Shrapnel asked Kickback and Bombshell. "Good times, times." Shrapnel hiccuped again, and a bolt of black-tinted lightning slammed onto one of the bulkheads, leaving behind a scorch mark.

Bombshell snorted angrily. "Damn Imperials, building this ship with thick unbreachable walls. The zirconium level in these bulkheads are too damn high! My doctor says I have to watch my Energon zirconium levels."

"Hook?" Shrapnel asked, hiccuping again. "Doubt Hook cares about your Energon zirconium levels, levels."

Space around the Warworld

"Oh yeah? Idiots. Why, they can't even kill a bunch of f-" Snare told Snapdragon. Snare shuddered as he felt Falcon's death. Well-deserved, in Snare's opinion... out of his siblings, Falcon was the one he liked least. Even Skydive and Stalker are remotely amusing when they are not busy insulting others.

Probably because of this fact, or because the rest of the Predator Six are dead, Falcon did not fall into an epileptic seizure as before.

"Free." Snare whispered, ignoring Snapdragon's good-natured jibe. "They're all dead. My mind is my own."

"Blame them, can we, when made of people like them, our entire army is? If reversed, our factions were, do the same, would we not?" Slog asked Birdbrain. "Right, you are. People, they are. People, we are. Monsters, paint each other as. The same, in death, Autobots and Decepticons are. Core of my art, that is. Trash, we all become, in death, forgotten by everyone but Slog."

Slog sighed, knowing Birdbrain and the others, like so many before them, would not get what he meant. The Autobots think Slog is a sadistic freak like the rest of the Decepticons, the Decepticons simply don't get art... few do, obviously, like Buzzsaw or Scrapper, but their version of art is much more... 'sophisticated'. 'Flashy', more like, in Slog's opinion.

Of course, entitled to their own opinions, everyone is. Slog appreciates their version of art as well, but he can't blame them for not getting his... not that he's ever met them.

"Trust us, you shouldn't. Trust them, we shouldn't." Slog told Birbrain and Blast Master, shrugging. "Yet, help us, they did. Stab their insides, we did not."

"There're a couple of of 'Cons inside me too, I doubt they would mind another one." Cosmos replied to Phaser as he moved towards the Star Arrow. "I'm en route.... if you, or, well, the bigger ships, would be so kind to, you know, clear a path..."

Drone Hangar, Warworld

Stranglehold continued on his arc to bring down his haymaker down on Thunderwing's head, taking actual care not to scream out like a complete lunatic. Bludgeon instilled in him some crude form of self-restraint, at least.