[New RPG] A House Divided: Iacon (Autobot)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Training Ground, War Academy/Sentinel Prime Defense Base:

Ironhide watched and smiled as Quickswitch targeted and destroyed the drones. "Kid's got potential. Ah think he's gonna do fahne. Looks lahke he's gettin' a handle on things."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

South-Eastern Borders

The Scorpobaby engaging Topspin unfurled its multiple jointed legs which made a noisy clattering noise as it landed. Chirping angrily, the Scorpobaby swung its tail above its head menacingly, the tip unfurling mean-looking spikes.

Scuttling aside to avoid the brunt of Topspin's blast, the Scorpobaby snapped its circular claws, opening them and launching small-arms plasma at the heavily-armed Autobot.

The Scorpobaby that had burrowed beneath the ground behind Rapido, Hot Rod and Springer accelerated as it attempted to catch up to the three -- no, two -- targets. It would resurface once more, although it missed its mark again due to the speedy movements of the automobile Autobots, breaching the ground next to Rapido before burrowing straight down below.

The Scorpobaby that was leaping at Cuffs' face screeched wildly as Jazz[/s]'s shot slammed onto the dorsal part of his body. Cuffs' wild shot impacted on its underside, causing an explosion which blew jointed legs, spiked rings and buzzsaws out of its belly. The burning carcass of the drone dropped onto the ground, twitching slightly as remainders of nerve impulses stimulated dead limbs.

The drone which speared Tazer screeched in triumph and lauched itself towards Jazz, intending to spear the Autobot commander as well.

The third Scorpobaby had not resurfaced yet.

En Route to Iacon

"I have mixed your Cyber-Venom cocktail with some experimental paralytics of my own. I hoped that you would approve." Scorponok told Tarantulas with a smile as his orange visor showed him tactical readouts from the Scorpobabies themselves. "All in all, they are doing slightly better than expected against trained Autobots. Tarantulas. Look there. It's your wayward child." Scorponok jabbed a claw in the direction of Rapido's team, and the recognizable figure of Springer.

Scorponok nodded as he looked up at the missile pods on top of the walls humming down. "I know Iacon's border defenses. They can still be activated manually, or rebooted. I agree wholeheartedly, but... Vehicons! Destroy the missile pods!"

Scorponok himself marched forwards, his own scorpion tail unfurling to its full length, sparkling with electricity.

Training Ground, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

Tinker shrugged. "Not the result. We picked out the best out of the six-changer models we had access to, and modified it to suit you best. Among others, the mini-jets on your artillery mode and the addition of the beast mode's stealth web are the results of our department."

"They could probably do better in regards of the effects to your head." Sentinel told Quickswitch. "And for their behalf I would apologize. But time is of the essence."

While Sentinel's attention was diverted, Tinker gave Ironhide a knowing smirk.

As Quickswitch fired, Sentinel nodded in approval. The six-changer was coping with firing such a powerful, concentrated blast very well. "Although I must say, Tinkerer, this particular addition... I had not expected a complete lack of recoil, nor this much power."

"Your orders were to improve on the design, sir. I am no medic -- but weaponry I can do." Tinker folded his hands. "The recoil is done with a rather clever system of shock absorbers, coupled with an automatic compensatory mini-jet propulsion systems for any excess force networked directly into the subject's neural-"

Sentinel waved Tinker off. "Quickswitch -- let us try out the other capability he mentioned... the beast... mode's stealth systems. If it is true, then it would be something that might make you an unexpected target. While in the meantime, we can practice your handling of a four-legged bestial form." Sentinel snapped his fingers three times, and an obstacle course rose out from the training grounds.

Sentinel Prime turned to Ironhide. "Shooting's the easy part, though like you I'm optimistic. That's at least one mode that he fully masters. I hope we can get to four or five before the Decepticons attack."

Medbay Complex, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

A quick flash of credentials and a quick frown at the renamed War Academy, Prowl sped through the courtyards to reach the medbay complex he had left before.

While he transformed, Prowl sent a quick message to Roadbuster: "Meet me at outside the medbay. -Prowl" It was direct enough so that the other Autobot would know the urgency, but vague enough so that if Soundwave was intercepting, he would not figure out anything.

After a brief pause, he sent a similar message to Tracks and Windcharger as well. He had an idea of how to get past the communications blockade.

He stepped into the medbay and walked up to Grimlock's CR chamber. "Is he out yet?" Prowl asked the attending medic, keeping Raiku's identity secret so his own bugs -- which he supposed was bugged themselves by Soundwave -- would not pick up any information.

The medic shook his head. "Possibly soon, sir."

Prowl nodded and pressed the release hatch on Grimlock's chamber. The medic started to protest, but both Prowl and Grimlock glared at him. The sickly green fluid drained out of the cylindrical tube and it split open. Grimlock lurched out, pulling out the tubes that fed into him. "Feel good to be out from there. Fluid taste like cesium salami." The gladiator then punched Prowl on the shoulder -- not to hard to damage, but with his massive weight, it was enough to send Prowl backwards a little.

Without a comment at the rude greeting, Prowl gestured at Hound. "Both of you, follow me." Without a word, he walked out of the medbay. Grimlock shook his head and followed.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

When Prowl entered the medbay he would have been able to spot Hound leaning on the edge of the observation window of the operating room, not reacting once to the officer's presence, possibly not noticing him at first. Even when Prowl called to him a bit later, despite being well within audio range, the scout still failed to react.

At first glance Hound looked like he was intently watching the operation, but a further look would reveal that he seemed to be staring out into space possibly, lost deep in thought to the point of complete distraction.

((ooc: How do I keep winding up at the top of the thread pages? :lol: ))
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"Hound." Prowl whirled around as Grimlock lumbered past him to exit the medbay. "Hound!" Prowl raised his voice to a stern bark.

Hound is a good soldier, but all this war madness... has been eating at everyone.

This was what Prowl was worried about. The likes of Magnus and Grimlock being damaged... Project Maximus being compromised... and now the Soundwave conspiracy eating at everyone...

Prowl mentally kicked himself again for not trying harder to install countermeasures in the Soundwave Initiative. Then again, the implementation of that did not occur when he had this much command...
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Hound snapped out of his daze with a start, and looking more than a little bit upset. The scout composed himself briefly as he pushed off the window's edge, setting a brisk pace to catch up with Prowl and Grimlock.

"Sorry," Hound spoke briefly as he passed Prowl, heading into the next room.
Lady Quickswitch

Post by Lady Quickswitch »

Training Ground: Sentinel Prime Defense Base

The six changer shrugged at the longer explanation. He was no engineer; the blasters in his hands, he understood those at least.

My head..? The six changer wondered briefly.

He obliged Sentinel Prime by transforming, awkwardly, from weapon mode into beast mode. It felt as if he'd sprouted limbs which now click-clicked on the ground as he took a few steps forward.

Quickswitch attempted to find the stealth capabilities. Another mental signal from the unit, and the clicking claws were cloaked by silence.

He crouched to run and pounce and engage when the obstacle course appeared. He sprang, absolutely silent... leaped for the first obstacle, and slammed body-first into it.

"The Decepticons are making a move??" Quick startled, having not received notification, struggled to pull his body up over the obstacle with scraping limbs. No wonder Prime meant there wasn't much time. He hauled himself up and headed for the next obstacle in his path.

(OOC: Is it silent stealth or silence and invisibility? I was going with the former, but wanted to make sure. OOC: If Quick's supposed know about the attack, I'll edit my post accordingly.)
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Military District, Iacon

"You know I can hear everything you say, right down to a whisper, right?" Red Alert asked Volks conversationally. "I can hear a pin drop over two kilometres away. That's how I found you hiding behind that cabinet in the first place, remember?"

He narrowed his optics.

"The only way you're going to survive up there is if I detect Soundwave's traps before they spring. Do you really want to antagonize me now, of all times?"

As he thought of said traps, a dark thought crossed his mind. I hope this Roadbuster has tough armour.

Soundwave Satellite Complex

"Unable to respond," Soundwave told Broadblast. "Self-diagnostic routines are compromised. Internal systems under enemy control. Proceed with caution."

Enroute to Iacon

"Oh, very well. I suppose this batch are more worthy of our attention," Predacon said to Tarantulas with a sweep of his hand. "After you."

He looked over at Thrust and asked, "Can you take care of their flyers? I have an aerial mode but it's not exactly suited for dogfighting."

Sentinel Prime Defence Base

"Absolutely," Starscream agreed with Thundercracker. "Once we've landed, they'll send out some of their garbage-tier soldiers to grab us. Autotroopers or something. Hit them when they get close enough and we'll have a clear run to the building's entry."

As they dove down and the base came into sight, Starscream snorted. "'Sentinel Prime Defence Base'! Egotistical maniac! Really, there's a time for renaming infrastructure after yourself and there's a time for fighting. Obviously the new Prime doesn't know which is which."

As they approached the pad, Starscream transformed and landed in a three-point stance on the base's shuttle pad. A dozen Autotroopers started towards them, surrounding the pad and closing in on the two guests -- obviously wary due to their obvious Decepticon badges.

"I think we should show him." He would seem to flicker for a moment as his phase shifter kicked in. "You ready?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Prowl nodded sternly at Hound, noting the slightly upset look on his face. Did he know the civilian well? Doesn't matter. Doesn't matter at the moment.

The strategist would lead both Hound and Grimlock out of the medbay complex into the courtyard outside -- a courtyard with no electronic bugs or any sort of recording. Soundwave could see them by squinting very hard from the satellites above but he probably wouldn't be able to tell what they're talking about.

"Grimlock, you just hush and listen. I have a task for you about defending Iacon, but I trust you to be enough of an idiot not to be involved in the following conspiracy." Prowl turned to his larger comrade. Grimlock merely grunted.

Prowl then turned to Hound. "Hound... where can I begin. Are you aware of the Soundwave Satellite system? It's something which implicated your friend in the operation room, and is something which I am probably going to ask you to help me solve as well."

(OOC: I talked about the stealth system things from Quickswitch's bio. It's your character, LQS, so it's up to you.)

Sentinel gazed at the horrendous beast before him. How horrid. Why would anyone attempt to gain such a barbaric alternate mode? At least this six-changer had no say. But it still looked so... so... uncivilized.

Sentinel watched, nodding. If he had not been paying attention, he himself would be hard-pressed to know that Quickswitch is moving.

"You were out of the loop when you were injured, but yes. The entire Southern Hemisphere... Praxus, Valvolus, Polyhex, Stanix... everything south of us has fallen. All the civilians from the city-states surrounding Iacon have been evacuated here. The troops are being mobilized to defend Iacon, although they do not know the full extent of the Decepticons' conquest." Sentinel shook his head. "Pay attention. This is not a training camp -- this is war preparations."

Soundwave Satellite Complex

"Internal systems under enemy control? How did this happen?" Broadblast said. "Soundwave, we'll go into the central chamber with you in it, then we'll work our way out to purge the system from enemy influence."

The group -- six technicians and four soldiers -- marched out of their shuttle and began to head off towards where Soundwave's central body should be.

"Be wary." Broadcast told the soldiers. "We may encounter some... problems."
Lady Quickswitch

Training Ground

Quickswitch's optics grew wider and wider. The scope of the Decepticon's conquest settled onto his hulking back like a weight. There was no time for any foolishness.

"Sir, yes sir!" he responded, new determination glinting in his optics.

He leaped through a hoop like a lion, landed on the ground and moved between large pillars, trying to locate his way out of them. His feet padded silently. They would never see or hear him coming--light bent and warped until his form vanished.

"Incredible.." Quickswitch whispered as the Autobot leaped up over a wall with the aid of his wing thrusters.

His form rippled and was again visible. The beast snarled. The invisibility aspect of the stealth did not return immediately.

He continued on with the obstacles.

(OOC: He can turn invisible and silent, but these systems can malfunction easily.)
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Sentinel snorted as Quickswitch zipped through the obstacle course. "Well? I have troopers in the barracks that can get through this course faster without the aid of a beast mode." He turned to Tinker. "Seeker. Will his stealth systems drop out like that all the time?"

"It is experimental sir-"

Sentinel snorted, and turned back to Quickswitch. "Once you are done, if time permits, we'll test out your flight skills. Otherwise we'll have to prepare for the worst."
Lady Quickswitch

Training Ground

Quickswitch jumped up onto a spinning bar, conscious of the Prime's presence and his spoken words.

Come on, Quick. He urged himself on.

Suddenly, he extended his wings and flew over the rest of the obstacle course.

He transformed and saluted, the very slightest of a smile on the edges of his mouth.

"Obstacle course completed, sir."
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Training Ground

"Took you long enough, soldier." Sentinel told Quickswitch. The Prime waved his hand and the obstacle course sank back into the ground. "You've flown from the medbay to here, but I highly doubt you're trained at all for air-to-air combat. And I can't spare any flight-capable soldiers for training."

Sentinel shook his head. "You're just going to have to wing it, I suppose. Come down here. Twinkle here has videos of your Decepticon counterpart. Study them. Understand his capabilities. And do not fail. If- When the battle begins, you do not stop. You do not do anything but engage the six-changer, or any other multi-changers the enemy has. Keep that monster off the civilians, take your battle out of the city if possible."

Sentinel whirled around, expecting Ironhide to follow, "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a people to address."
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

South East Border, Iacon

Don't do anything stupid? said Sandstorm to himself. He checked his gun to make sure that the ammo was loaded. He saw that Topspin was being engaged by a Scorpobaby. Too late to do anything about the missiles it had just launched, he fired to make sure that his comrade-in-arms had a fighting chance agains that salvo.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Barracks, War Academy/Sentinel Prime Defense Base:

Spread out across the table before him was a small mountain of parts, several belts of ammunition, a couple of heavy power cells.

If he had a face, he'd be smiling right now. He loved cleaning and maintaining his guns.

Almost as much as he loved shooting them.

Picking up a small chronometer, he hit a button and dropped it, both hands moving swiftly, snapping parts together, assembling a shrapnel cannon, linear blaster cannon, grenade launcher, laser rifle, and rapid fire assault rifle, and loaded all of them, then grabbed the chrono and stopped it. "Hn. Quarter of a breem. Not bad."

Then his commlink went off. "Outside the...." Shrugging, he clipped the shrapnel cannon in place on it's backpack mount, feeling the slight click as it synced into his targeting system, hearing the oiled servos humming quietly as the cannon followed his gaze, holstering the grenade launcher on his lower left leg, subspacing the laser rifle, slinging the assault rifle, and holstering the linear blaster cannon on his right hip. Then, and only then, did he activate his commlink. "I read you, Prowl. I'm on my way."

Base of the Watchtower:

"They could have called before I got back here."

Nightbeat shrugged. "That's the way things go, Tracks."

Tracks sighed and tossed his cards on the ground. "And I thought I had a winning hand here."

"Nah. I got the winning hand." The smaller red and grey Autobot tossed his cards on the ground. "See?"

Tracks looked at the cards. "Yes. You did. Hmf."

Windcharger smirked, then activated his commlink. "This is Windcharger. I'm on my way with Tracks."

Tracks transformed and hovered away back towards Iacon, Windcharger transforming to vehicle mode and rolling after him.

Training Ground:

Giving Quickswitch a reassuring nod, Ironhide walk after Sentinel, sensors already registering the two flyers who had landed.

Following Rapido:

Hot Rod picked up speed, engine roaring as he shifted gears.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Lady Quickswitch

Training Ground

The beast settled to the ground, a quick transformation and he was again in robot mode. He saluted until the Prime had left, then spoke to Tinker.

"Hmmm. Let's take a look at those."
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

South East Border, Iacon

Focused solely on Topspin, the Scorpobaby did not even register Sandstorm's presence until the shot slammed onto its right flank, sending it skidding across the battlefield and blowing all four of the legs on its right side off.

Chirping in pain and protest, the Scorpobaby weakly pivoted around, and launched several shots of plasma from its stinger at Sandstorm, although with the damage it had incurred, it is not certain that the shots will even hit Sandstorm.

Outside the Medbay, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

"Acknowledged." Prowl replied to Roadbuster, then repeated the same word to Tracks and Windcharger. He then turned to Hound, waiting his reply.

Main Complex, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

"We're- I am going to address the public and the soldiers." Sentinel Prime told Ironhide as they made their way to the communications hub. "Give them a boost in morale. I am sure my words will inspire them."

Training Grounds, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

Tinker engaged his engine boots and hovered up to be on eye-level with the larger Quickswitch and pulled out a datapad, which showed several fuzzy videos of Sixshot concurrently. Demolishing Wheeljack and Highbrow's laboratory, battling Ultra Magnus, battling Ultra Magnus' team from another angle, unleashing ordnance in Praxus...

"So far we've cataloged all five of his modes. A fighter jet." A corresponding photograph popped up. "A lupine beast." Another photograph. "A floating gun." A photograph saturated with a bright purple glow. "And two that he does not share with you -- a tank and an assault ground vehicle."

Tinker pointed at the tank mode. "I'm no battle-savvy strategist, but look here... in the ground, he is considerably deadlier and aster than your drill tank mode. Note the multiple turrets. But you can surprise him by drilling underground or take him to the waterways, although that last bit doesn't really help here in Iacon."
Lady Quickswitch

The massive mutation's jaw went slack as he watched the video of Sixshot. Yes, it was indeed the same one that had attacked the squad that day, and nearly killed him.

His mind flooded with images and a sudden surge of conflicting emotions, and he hadn't even engaged the monster yet. He studied them closely, his fists working and opening and closing and his clouded optics narrowing.

"Are there any known weaknesses?" he asked.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Tinker laughed out loud. "He's a real beautiful weapon. Kid -- if this thing's got any weaknesses you won't be in this brand-new body. You are made to be his weakness."
Lady Quickswitch

Training Ground

Images of the video reflected in Quickswitch's glazed optics.

His jaw snapped shut into a dour expression and he shifted into weapon mode.

I'm the countermeasure.. Primus this is unbelievable. But something inside told him to believe it, and take to the deadly duty swiftly. The responsibility of containing and destroying the six changer was squarely on his shoulders. There was nothing he could have done to change it. Or would have done, apparently.

He examined each of the videos, trying to scrutinize for the best way to take on this unprecedented enemy. Uncertainty filled his mind.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Outside the Medbay, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

Hound was still clearly preoccupied with something, but he also seemed to be trying to keep focused on Prowl, listening as he talked first to Grimlock, then turned towards him.

"I've heard a few things," Hound answered, almost non-commitally. It was part of why Hound had wound up working for Prowl so much - he knew how to pay attention, to pick up the little details, but also had the common sense to not go bragging the info around like a gossip, and talk about it only when necessary and as much necessary.

Hound had heard plenty of rumors about the 'spy satellite', but the problem with rumors was you could never be sure how much of it was fact, or just blown out of proportion stories. Unable to be sure of his facts or fiction, Hound simply said nothing further. Prowl was likely to explain the fact of things very soon anyways.