[New RPG] A House Divided: Iacon (Autobot)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

((ooc: I hate the common cold...))

Subterranean Maintenance Tunnels, Iacon

"Whover's doing it, it's not conventional network access, it's leaving some weird energy trail that I'm able to see," Raiku would speak, then going quiet to think for a moment. Very quickly though he made an noise of discomfort, grinding his wheels a bit to inch a bit further down the corridor.

"Can we get someplace less cramped?" Raiku would ask Red Alert. Itw as hard ot think with his doors rubbing against the walls.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"Yes, lets." Red Alert nodded to Raiku. To the suspect he said, "Give me your data and get your chassis out of my sight. I won't file a report until tomorrow, so you'll have a chance to run." He snagged a datacard from the Decepticon, then watched as he ran away.

"I'm guessing you can't turn around," he said to Raiku after the Decepticon was gone, "so we'd better keep going straight. Do you have any idea where these tunnels end up? Now that we know who's hacking your networks, I'd like to get back to the station and see if we can narrow down a list of suspects."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Room

(OOC: I'm assuming Soundwave messed with the satellites as well?)

"It's too quiet. I don't like it. We haven't heard from Jazz's team, nor from the troops in Praxus. There is something seriously wrong." Sentinel Prime paced across the room, arms behind his back as he studied the troop movements on the holoscreen of Cybertron in the center of the room. "What do you think, Prowl?"

"It is partially the reason I have sent Tracks to survey Praxus." Prowl replied to Sentinel.

The Prime glanced at Network, who had finished going through Volks' systems while Broadblast checked Network's console. "I see." Sentinel said. "Good move... but Windsail and Outback-"

"Fastback."

"-Fasttrack haven't reported in yet." Sentinel finished. "I don't like it. Not at all."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

(OOC: It's best to assume that Soundwave has messed with everything. :glance:)
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

War Room

"I have faith in Jazz and his unit," Kup said to both Prowl and Sentinel. "He's been in tough situations before and he wouldn't have selected the others if they weren't up for the job."

Just then, Jazz's transmission came in.

"Jazz to Prowl. We've managed to break away from our attackers and are about to enter the Palace. No doubt it's going to be hot in there. Have Volks plan the quickest escape route so we can get the slag out of here as soon as we break Magnus free."

The message came over the speaker since Volks was unable to handle it himself due to him being investigated. "See what you're doing?! Your mistrust of me is compromising the mission! Let me get back to work already or our guys will never make it out alive!"

Our guys? Kup thought. It gave him a little smile on his face. Without the minibot realizing it, he felt responsible for the safety of the field unit too. Perhaps there was hope for him after all. "Network return to your own station and let Volks do what he needs to do. Support him in any way that he needs. Volks, I want you to keep the channel open and feed Jazz and his unit any tactical information that you can over the channel that you set up. You make sure that the line is secure before you do."

Volks looked up. He was wondering why old grumpy bolts was suddenly being nicer to him. "Erm... will do, old guy!"

Kup's smile immediately faded away. "Why you 8 bit processing, good for nothing pile of scraplets! When this is over, I'm going to teach you a thing or two about respecting your superiors! Kup shook his head. That's what I get for trying to be nice...

"Whatever..," was all Volks uttered as he started to work on securing his comlink to Jazz and the others.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Room

Sentinel Prime snorted as Volks threw a childish tantrum, and as Kup shot the little hatchling down. Sentinel wanted to say a few choice words of his own, but Volks was right -- there were bigger things in line.

"Communications with Kaon can still work well, but not with Praxus?" Prowl said suddenly, and stepped quickly next to Network's abandoned console. "There is something wrong. Something amiss. Either Praxus is a trap... or a target. Tracks, this is Prowl. Report."

"Impossible. But the satellite images-"

"Could have been tampered with." Prowl told Sentinel sharply. "Been there. Done that. Knowing Obsidian, though, Praxus could merely be bait... or they could have been using some sort of new jamming system. Either way, this war's escalated rather quickly."

"And with most of the Elite Guard in outer space, too, hunting for Renegade remnants." Sentinel Prime scowled, glaring at the monitor screens. "We could abort Jazz's mission- no. Magnus will have important information. And he's one of our strongest. Prowl, contact Falcatron. His team is nearby, and he should-"

"Already tried. Apparently Yuss is experiencing some sort of communications blackout." Prowl frowned, and his optics narrowed. "Unless... unless the problem lies at the source."

"If they have managed to infiltrate Sou- the central information hub..." Sentinel shook his head. "Sound the alarm. We have too many unknowns. All troops are to withdraw out of Praxus and Yuss. Both cities are lost to us."

"Sir?" Prowl turned around, a slight expression of anger in his face. "We can still win this. I can get the Elite Guard cadets in Proximax, have them back up the Yuss garrison. We can get Torque and the rest of the four-oh-first from Tesarus..."

"For what?" Sentinel replied. "We know what the Decepticons are capable of. We know they have walking weapons of mass destruction. Throwing fleet and fleet of mere footsoldiers, little pipsqueak militia at them will only bring out more dead! We need to pull back, until Fortress Maximus or the Omega Guardians or can hold them. We need time to deploy things like... like the MASER cannons or vamparc ribbon satellites."

"What about the people?" Prowl replied. "What about the people living in Praxus? In Yuss? In Polyhex and Uraya and Vos? Are we going to leave them for dead?"

"I don't like it any better than you, but you have your orders. Tracks, this is Sentinel Prime. If you can hear me, I require a sit-rep of Praxus."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

War Room

Kup put his hands on the control panel and leaned forward a bit. "I hate to say it Prowl, but Sentinel is right in that we're dealing with way too many variables right now. Best course of action is to have our troops withdraw, though I think theay should evacuate as many civilians as possible to prevent further loss of sparks. If you're going to send in cadets, have them focus on that, but don't send them in to fight because they'll be slaughtered. Although it's your call, Prime."

Kup thought for a moment.

"Also, we have no clue of what the Decepticons are capable of. So far they have been one step ahead of us and they've hit us with surprise after surprise. There's no telling what they'll come up next. We have no eyes and ears in the hot zones and all that chaos that they're creating makes me think that it's just a distraction for even something bigger or more evil."

Kup turned to Prowl. "You're a strategist, Prowl. Probably on the same level as Obsidian. What do you think his next move would be? We need to start anticipating his moves. That's the only way that we're going to prevent any more disasters from happening."

Kup turned to Network. "Network. Contact the inventors. Ask them if they can come up with something that will give us sight and sound in Praxus and Yuss."

He then turned to Volks. "Volks, compile a list for me of all mechs that have been confirmed to be affiliated with the Decepticons and include allprisoners from the Orbital Prison as possible recruits. It might come in handy."

"You got it, old timer!" Volks replied.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Air Above the Watchtower.......:

"You see anything yet?", a gravelly voice called up.

Nightbeat squinted through his visor, then shrugged and looked down. "Nothing so far.

The smaller red and grey Autobot, the asker of the question, aimed an annoyed kick at the base of the wall. "This waiting is driving me NUTS!. Gimme some action already!"

A small squad of Autobots crouched nearby, shared a knowing look between them as they cleaned their weapons.

Nightbeat, for his part, scowled. "What are you, crazy? We're it for this whole stretch of wall!"

"Don't mind the sarge, Nightbeat. He's not that patient."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Room

"Of course I'm right." Sentinel said under his breath.

"I... you are correct." Prowl nodded. To his credit, his expression did not show any sort of disappointment or anger at the order from Kup. "Without communications we are still flying blind, though. We have not heard back from Tracks, after all. It could be a superweapon like the Spark Extractor from years back, or a simple communications blackout."

Sentinel Prime leant on the display of troop positions that occupied the room's center. "It's a sensible move, Kup. I will have... let's see... Gunrunner and Atomizer move in with their cadet squads as messenger couriers into Praxus to order evacuation. Do you agree, Prowl?"

"In normal conditions, yes." Prowl replied, tone clipped. "It would be the ideal course of action. But we know nothing, and for all we know Obsidian could be anticipating for us to make this exact move to take out even more fighters. At least, that's what I'd do if I was Megatron's strategist. Create a communications blackout in a hot zone, then lure in as many unprepared soldiers to kill them all in one fell swoop. And that's not taking in any more surprises they may have in store. Iacon had been breached twice before earlier, lest we forget."

"They are making an example." Sentinel Prime frowned. "Of Praxus, I mean. The first move would be the most bold, the most destructive, in order to rally more causes, and take advantage of our unpreparedness."

Prowl held his crest. "Think like Obsidian? If I were to think like him... he would have anticipated we'd send reinforcements, and he would have had some contingency. So if I were Obsidian, I would pull only the soldiers out without wasting resources and potential soldiers and intelligence who may be killed on helping out evacuation. He is... pragmatic like that. If I were Obsidian my main priority would be recovering intelligence about the enemy's strengths. Unfortunately, I... am not prepared to give up on Praxus so easily."

"I don't like it." Sentinel Prime frowned, and turned to one of the Autobots on standby. "Send in the two squads, Broadblast. But no more. Prowl -- think. What is Obsidian's next move? I'd prefer we be on even terms."

"If I was Obsidian, I'd bomb the Decagon, or the High Council Pavilions. Kill the Senate, or you, sir."

"Don't joke."

"I do not do jokes, sir."

"It won't do to have two Primes get killed within a week. Get Warpath and Maximus guarding this building." Sentinel shook his head.

Prowl allowed Sentinel's order to go unchallenged -- it's actually in good measure this time, despite the fact that it was done in ego. Maximus is a volatile element and Prowl preferred to keep him close by. Instead, he walked up to Volks and read through the Decepticon rank manifest Volks is compiling, skimming through the ranks. "Sparkstalker." Prowl said suddenly. "He is a cryptographer. Not exactly a hacker, but he is more than the simple thugs we have among it." He frowned. "Ex-Renegades, Ex-Destrons... some outliers... these are capable people, and they are allied with Megatron's band of psychotic geniuses. We have to strengthen our defenses." Prowl turn

Network nodded, glanced at Volks, and opened a comm channel. "Wheeljack, Highbrow, this is Network from Command. We're seeing normal footage from satellites in Praxus, but we are unable to contact anyone there. Our strategists suspect sabotage. Anything you can think up to give us sight and sound?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

War Room:

Orion's optics narrow as he listened to the others talk, looking at troop movements and dispositions. This didn't sound good. The biggest worry was the fact that they were now going to have to try to outthink one of the greatest strategists Cybertron had ever known. He had an idea, but it was more a long term than a short term solution.

Ironhide, for his part, had kept his scanners peeled, and had a satisfied look on his face as he finished the repairs on the scrapmaker mini gun, and locked it back into it's underslung mount on his left arm. The grip snapped up into his palm, the gun's systems syncing to his H.U.D. and targeting sensors. All his weapons systems were back online. Of course, massive amounts of firepower wouldn't do much against an orbital strike. "Ah ain't sure stickin' Warpath an' Maximus outsahde's a good ahdea. Stickin' 'em out there lets 'em know somethin' important is in here."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Room

"Good point. The whole point of doing this in the War Academy is to make it so that if the Decagon gets attacked, we won't be lost. Get Warpath and Maximus indoors, then. Broadblast, tell that hologram guy to create holograms of Sky Lynx and Maximus outside the Decagon. And of myself arriving." Sentinel Prime frowned.

Prowl nodded. "True. If the enemy attacks Iacon for a third time, the Decagon would be the next target..."

"Evacuate all non-essential personnel from Decagon. But do it slowly. We don't want to draw attention." Sentinel frowned. "Redirect manpower outside of Iacon, if you can. If the generals currently in Decagon are stationed to guard other cities, it would not look out of place."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

War Room

"Ha! Sparkstalker." Volks laughed. "I can undo whataver he does while in stasislock," he added. "Erm.. not that I've ever met him of course," he said rolling his optics.

Volks noticed Network glancing towords him for a moment. "What're you looking at?!"

Jazz's message came in. "Commander Prowl, I just received word from Jazz in Kaon. They're at the Palace and are about to get Magnus out of there. He said that he was contacted by Tracks who managed to get them a shuttle.

Arsenal

"Sight, yes. Sound? I'm afraid not," Wheeljack replied to Network. "I was working on something I'd like to call the skyscout back in Kaon, but wasn't able to finish it because of the attack. I can probably activate it from here and feed its images directly to the War Room. Chances are though that the scout can be spotted very easy and taken it down is probably even easier. Still, it's better than nothing I suppose."
Aspiring DJ!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Room

"Hackers." Sentinel snorted, rolling his optics at Volks. "Unfortunately, that's assuming you know whatever he does. Which we do not... what am I paying you all for?"

"The Senate pays our salaries, sir. Not you." Prowl replied.

Network looked at Volks incredulously. "Nothing. What're you looking at?"

"Shut it! Both of you!" Sentinel snapped at the two technicians. "Or I swear I will have you both scrubbing the exhaust filters and repairing screws for a quartex! For Primus' sake, you two make more noise than that damned cannon of Warpath's!"

Prowl leant down next to the communications console. "Jazz? And he's made contact with Tracks? Volks, Jazz, this is imperative -- we need Tracks to inform us of what is happening in Protihex. Make sure he knows we cannot make contact with him... or Praxus. We need that information now. We need to know how to proceed."

"Finally. Someone with good news. How soon can you have it operational?" Sentinel Prime asked Wheeljack. "And how soon can it reach Praxus?" The Prime frowned. "And if it does get shot down, how soon can we get another one operational? We need to know all of them before we send out this Skyspy."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

"This isn't exactly part of my usually maintenance area," Raiku would answer to Red Alert, starting to roll along down the corridor, chasis still scraping the narrow area. "But if we get somewehre open, I can try a few scans to get my bearings."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"I was afraid you'd say that," Red Alert winced. He looked forward down the tunnel, but even with his headlights on he couldn't see very far ahead.

"Well," he said to Raiku, "My guess is that our friend knew where he was going. The best idea I've got is that we should follow his path until we either run into an area you recognize, an exit, or somewhere that you can run a scan."

Transforming back to vehicle mode, Red Alert started to roll forward again, moving slowly enough that the other Autobot could keep up without damaging himself due to friction. "It looks like the corridor branches out into three tunnels up ahead. Judging by the IR trail that he left, our Decepticon took the left tunnel. I'm going to head that way too," he told the tech as he turned in that direction.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

War Room

"Hmpf," Volks uttered. "I never assume, you scraplet.. Volks shrugged. "I've been threatened with tasks like that before and I ended up here. You don't scare me." Volks then gave Network the stink eye and continued with his work since Prowl was now standing close to him and he didn't want to get a reprimand from him too.

"I'll see what I can do, Jazz replied over the com link, but my current mission has priority right now. Can't lead a team and be a messenger at the same time. Maybe Rapido can help out." Not long after, Jazz contacted Volks again. "Volks, this is Jazz. We've found Magnus, but he's in an extremely bad shape. I think they did something to his brain module or something. He keeps asking for more, but more of what I don't know. I'll keep you updated."

Arsenal

"I can activate it right now and have it hover over Praxus in a matter of cycles," Wheeljack replied to Sentinel Prime. It's the only functional one that I have right now that's in Kaon, but I'll ask Highbrow if he can start working on additional ones here if they take priority."
Aspiring DJ!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Room

Sentinel scowled at Volks' snide mumbling, but said nothing. They had more important things to do.

"Copy that, Jazz." Sentinel replied to Jazz. "Your current mission still has higher priority. Get Magnus out of there. Do what you can."

Sentinel scowled. "Jazz, get Magnus out of there. The medics can look him over once he gets here... but be careful. He might be brainwashed, forcibly or otherwise. Forcible brain transplant, shell programming, the likes. Be careful."

Once the communications were cut off, Sentinel turned to Prowl and Kup. "More of what?" Sentinel asked.

"Syk. Or a similar substance which inspires addiction. The only possible cause for such begging." Prowl replied.

"Syk, Nukie, Red Energon, those drugs take far longer than a day to get addicted to. Months. Weeks." Sentinel replied. "Magnus was gone for four solar-cycles tops."

"They do have a contingent of mad scientists with nonexistent ethic codes." Prowl replied smoothly. "Now, about Wheeljack's Sky Scout?"

"Do it, Wheeljack. Get the Sky Spy up and about. And... make it on a direct, encrypted communications frequency onto this console." Sentinel Prime said, patting Volks' console. "I do not want anyone to intercept this."

"Work on them. If it's manpower you need, I can spare engineers to your facility." Prowl told Wheeljack.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

War Room

Kup shook his head. "They turned one of our best soldiers into a junkie? There really is no honor amongst them," he said as he slammed his fist on a table. "They're monsters and we need to take them out."

"Don't touch my console," Volks said as Sentinel Prime patted it. "You might break something." Volks wondered how far he could push his luck, but since his head was still attached to his body he figured that he hadn't reached the limit just yet.

"You got it," Wheejack replied. "Planning course now and launching. You should have a live feed within a matter of cycles. Let's hope this little birdy doesn't get shot out of the sky. Or malfunctions..." he added not too loud.

"Anyway, I'll start working on additional units. With the supplies I have here, I might even be able to make better ones than I made back in Kaon."
Aspiring DJ!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Thankfully, when they reached the juncture Red Alert had indicated, there was enough space that Raiku was finally able to come out of vehicle mode. He'd wait there for a moment or two, moving as though trying to work out a creak in all of his joints from being in the tight spacing.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Red Alert watched Raiku stop and transform. The security officer did the same, scanning the area again with his IR sensors before walking back to join the technician.

"Well?" he asked, a little impatiently. "Do you have any idea where we are, or do we need to keep following our Decepticon friend's heat trail?"

As he spoke he glanced around, as if he was worried that they were being watched or that the Decepticon was luring them into a trap.