[New RPG] A House Divided: Iacon (Autobot)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

War Academy

Kup shook his head. Just what they needed. Two of their own men fighting just outside the gates of the War academy. He thought he taught them well, but some mechs were obviously in need of a reminder. "I'm on it," Kup replied to Prowl.

Kup transformed into his altmode and headed from Pad D-7 towards the entrance gates of the Autobot War Academy. It only took him a couple of cycles to reach the gates and he transformed back to robot mode and walked up the gates. He signaled the gatekeeper and after being identified as Kup, the gates opened. Kup walked out and saw the two mechs fighting not far from where he was standing. From the looks of things, it looked more like an exercise than a fight. Still civilians could interpret it differently and besides, soldier fighting outside of the War Academy without a superior's consent just isn't allowed. Since Prowl wasn't aware of anything, these guys are just being stupid.

Kup took a step closer and got ready to give the two an audioreceptor full. "You two bit-brained, bootlegged, dim-sparked, glitching, half-clocked, malfunctioning slag for brained Petro-rabbits stop what you're doing right now, before I start kicking your skidplates!" he shouted with authority.

With his arms crossed and a stern look on his face, Kup looked at Electro first. "You should know better than to start a fight in the middle of the street! You're one of my students and one of the first things you learn at the academy is that once you're a soldier, fighting outside the premises of the War Academy is forbidden!"

Kup then turned to Dai Atlas. The mech was unfamiliar to him, though from the looks of him, he's from the Temple. "And you! I don't know much about your teachings, but I'm sure that they don't include fighting on the streets with a random stranger!"

He shook his head. Again. "You two took the worst moment of all time to start a fight. You're both lucky that I can't spare the men power right now or you two would both be working at the waste disposal facility for as long as I see fit!"

Kup turned and pointed towards the gates. "Nog get inside! Now! We're going to the interview room next to the War Room. You'll get a chance to think about what you've done while Prowl and I decide what to do with you two," Kup added. Again with a stern face. "Now move it!"

En route to War Room

"No problem," Jazz replied to Prowl. "I'll have my team assembled A.S.A.P." Jazz switched com-channel. "Rapido, this is Jazz. We have a mission. Meet me at the War Room. We're going to have to assemble a bigger team for this one."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Chip1123
Protoform

En route to War Room

Post by Chip1123 »

Rapido smiled despite the situation at hand when Jazz's communication came through. "Be right there." He said to Jazz, glad to have something to take his mind off Zeta. Rapido transformed and sped away from the medics, and rushed off to the War Room.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

street

"This humble one begs your forgiveness. I did not know that friendly sparring was prohibited here." Dai Atlas said to Kup with a low bow "My name is Dai Atlas, I presume that you must be Kup as Electro spoke of his sword teacher." Returning his glaive to the magnetized mounting of his back Dai Atlas bowed to Electro "I apologize to you as well, I did not wish to cause any trouble here." Speaking once more to Kup he said "Your student is quite skilled with a blade for one not of the temple, you must be quite proud."
TLB80

Post by TLB80 »

Street

Electro stood there, listening to Kup's chewing-out. He considered intervening at several points, but ultimately decided not to say anything that could make the matter any worse than it already was.

After Kup finally finished, he walked towards the gates, and headed for the interview room.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Prime's Shuttle:

Orion watched the medics work on Zeta. Most of his face being covered by a plate helped conceal his horror. He looked over at Ironhide, watching the old Autobot straighten up, his face unreadable.

Then he caught a flash of something in Ironhide's optics, a slight crinkling around the edges of the lenses. He noticed the old Autobot's hands, clenching and unclenching.

He recognized what Ironhide was doing. He'd done it himself, all the times he'd had to deal with yet another browbeating from Sentinel. It was anger management. And from the fact that the fists were staying clenched a lot more than they were unclenching, the fact that Ironhide's optics were getting narrower, the crinkling getting more and more severe.

He suddenly got the feeling that anger management wasn't Ironhide's strong suit, and woe betide anybody who got in his way.

-------------------

Ironhide, quietly fuming and getting angrier and angrier at the Decepticons in general, Megatron in particular, over what had happened, looked over at Orion after Ratchet's comment. "Ah'll take point. 'Rahon, you follow Ratchet. Anybody comes near us on th' way there, shoot 'em." With that, he stalked out of the shuttle and transformed to vehicle mode, sensors on full, waiting for the others.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

War Academy

"Didn't know fighting was prohibited..." Kup looked a little puzzled, though that expression changed quickly. "You two must lack common sense then," Kup replied to Dai Atlas. Still a bit angry about the incedent. "It's a good thing that Sentinel's too busy. He would've chewed you guys out way worse than I did."

Kup kept walking. He wondered what kind of name Dai Atlas was anyway and figured that is must be foreign. "I'm indeed Kup and to answer your question, I'm not particularly proud of him at the moment, no." If Electro knew Kup even a little. He would know that his anger will past in a matter of cycles. He knows that Electro is a good soldier, but still a bit green."

Kup turned to Electro. "Don't know about your friend's status with the army, but I hope for your sake, Electro, that Prowl's doing something that's more important than giving you a lecture. Trust me, one of those and you'll never misbehave again."

War Academy, War Room

"I'll see you there," Jazz replied to Rapido. "I'll brief you on the mission once you're here." Jazz walked into the War Room. "Commander," he said, greeting Prowl. He walked over to Volks and stood right next to him. "Volks, right? Jazz is the name. Can you give me a list of all available candidates suitable for a spec ops mission?"

Volks looks looked up. "Uhm, I'm kind of in the middle of something here," he replied annoyed. I'm already checking for a possible security breach, keeping an eye on possible hostile Decepticon activityand hacking these files that I managed to pull from the KPRI database. You'll just have to wait until I'm done, alright?"

Jazz leaned forward and got close to Volks and light shimmered over Jazz's visor for a moment giving him a more intimidating look. "You're going to give me that list and you'll give it to me now," he said in a calm but still demanding tone. "I'm going to need at least one scout, one fighter and one heavy hitter. A medic wouldn't hurt either, but I'm guessing we're short on those with Zeta's condition right now."

Volks raised a brow and then shook his head. "Never a moment rest when you're Volks," he said complaining. "What you guys did up here when I wasn't around still amazes me." Volks then went to work and after a couple of cycles generated a list of names for Jazz to select from. "There. Happy?"

Jazz then smiled. "Very. You're a good kid. Send the list over to my data pad." He walked over to a desk and received the list as per request and started to go through them. His optics immediately stopped when the name Prowl suggested was on the list: Hytherion.

Hytherion was pretty much unknown to Jazz which was surprising since Jazz knew just about everybody on the Academy. It didn't matter mucg as he profile was impressive enough and if Prowl suggested him, he'll probably be up for the job. Prowl said that he's from Kaon, so he'll know his way around and that alone is an advantage. Couple that with him not being that well known and Jazz just selected his first candidate.

Aside from Rapido and himself, low profile soldiers were just the type Jazz was looking for. If they get caught it wouldn't be much of a security risk. A very cold thought, but one that Jazz had to take into account when preparing this mission. Failure was not an option, because failure would mean death.

Jazz flipped up a panel on his desk and opened a com-channel to Hytherion. "Hyherion. This is Jazz. I've been informed by Prowl that you're currently on base. Report to the War Room as soon as possible for a mission."

Arsenal

Wheeljack was working on the EMP devices that they wanted to install in the shrapnel needles. EMP's were always very difficult to work with, because they're very sensitive and one slight mistake could render a part of a mech's body useless for a while depending on the size. Luckily for Wheeljack the devices were small and wouldn't do much damage.

He was fiddling with the nano-sized EMP device when it suddenly went off! Wheeljack fell backwards out of his chair. "Oh my aching head," he said and put his hand on his head or so he thought. His right arm was rendered useless and he could only use the left one. "Good news Highbrow," he said while still on the floor. "Our invention works, but I think my arm won't be of any use for a while," he said while helping himself up. "Maybe a good thing that it happened, because that way we'll find out how long it'll take to wear off."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Room, War Academy

Prowl nodded as Kup went off to deal with the problem outside. He was grateful to Volks for bringing it up. After all, a distraction like this is what he needed to let Kup cool off and maybe, just maybe, put the Project M thing for later. After all, they had higher priorities at the moment.

Kup's loud string of expletives came over the intercom loud and clear, and Prowl winced as he moved the audiophones away from him.

Never did learn to shut off his commlinks before he started shouting at people...

Prowl nodded at Jazz, pleased at the other Autobot's efficiency. Rapido is always a good foil for Jazz as well; the two seemed to work quite well. And, more importantly, they follow orders to the letter without questioning too much.

While waiting for Zeta Prime to be tended to by the medics (keeping an optic at the camera now following their progress from the shuttle to the medbay) and waiting for Sentinel and the others to get to Zeta Prime, Prowl settled himself in a seat and typed in an inquiry for this... Electro.

Not a bad record... but not very distinguished either. Might he be a fit for Jazz's team? Or should they put in Hot Spot, or Blades, or Warpath... But against the six-changer...

Prowl considered someone else... Wheeljack. Not as a field agent, obviously, but for other reasons. Prowl pressed a commlink that would bring him to the Arsenal's communications. "Wheeljack, this is Prowl. I apologize for bothering you, but is there any way to equip a strike team with weapons able of... disabling the Six-Changer by the end of this day?"

Just then, Jazz entered the War Room, and Prowl gave him a curt nod. He was about to intervene when Volks tried to tell Jazz to wait, but it seems that the latter had the situation well in control. Network was pretty disgruntled at the perceived insult from Volks, but said nothing.

Prowl stood up, strode over to Jazz and pointed at a name on Jazz's list with a stylus, brandishing it like a weapon.

"If I may make another recommendation..." Prowl said, as the stylus rested on Electro's name. "He is a relatively low-profile soldier, but with an above-average skill set. Well-versed in swordfighting, able to take on a Temple Knight. I am, however, not quite impressed by the fact that he had just taken on said Temple Knight outside our Academy."

Of course, the bottom implication that Electro is ultimately disposable was there in Prowl's voice, and he knew Jazz would catch it.

Prime's Shuttle, Landing Pad

Ratchet was aware of Ironhide's barely-restrained rage, but he knew the old soldier-turned-bodyguard would not do anything to harm him, not when Zeta Prime's life is on the line.

"First Aid, hurry up and get Prime in my cargo bay. We can't afford any delays!"

Elevators, Project M Facility

The elevator moved to a stop on the hidden entrance in front of the War Academy, and Sentinel stepped out, followed by Sky Lynx, and presumably Fortress, Terabolt and the rest of the Autobots with him.

Network, under orders from Prowl, had debriefed Sentinel about everything that had happened to Zeta Prime.

"The Prime has been poisoned." Sentinel told those present, face darker than ever. "I'm en route there. The rest of you, either follow me, or get ready. Whatever the prognosis, I have a feeling that we're going to strike back at those spineless cowards. Soon."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Prime Shuttle:

Orion watched Ironhide storm out, then looked over towards Ratchet and First Aid. "I don't think he's angry at you. I'm more worried that he's going to take a shuttle back to Kaon and go after Megatron."

Corridors, War Academy:

If he had to describe how he was feeling, he'd have said "Bored".

Very, very bored.

But then, he didn't really do boredom. He was the mech of action, the mech of excitement, for the love of Primus!

Not.... not...... this......

But the whole experience had taught Hot Rod something. Never, never lip off at a superior officer, while they're berating you, because you think they've got a stupid alt-mode after locking them in a store room. By accident. It wasn't his fault the idiot had picked a data storage unit for an alt-mode. If he's going to do that, he should have his name stencilled onto himself somewhere.

But he hadn't, and so Hot Rod now found himself pushing a floor polisher through some nearly forgotten corridor deep within the War Academy's bowels. Bored almost rigid.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

War Academy, Interview Room

Dai Atlas hoped that he wouldn't be noticed as he secretly followed Electro. Something was happening that was for certain. 'If a mission is being planned perhaps he could be useful.'
Shine

Post by Shine »

Elevators, Project M Facility

Hot Spot trailed behind Sentinel and the others as they exited the elevator, sustaining the brisk pace set by the military commander. He was satisfied with his efforts down below in the facility. Thanks to Sky Lynx's aid, they were more than capable of rescuing the unfortunate Mini-Cons seized by imposing columns of fire and the harassment of temperamental explosions. As far as Hot Spot knew, not a single Mini-Con had perished while he was busy working tirelessly.

Happy as he was with that result, there was no time for respite. Sentinel informed the Autobots that Zeta Prime had been poisoned, upon receiving a transmission from intelligence. After learning this, Hot Spot's gait was inflicted with aggression and he walked faster, strides stretching further, committed to accompanying Sentinel to the medical bay.

Regardless of what was going to occur, he was ready for action.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Prime Shuttle

"Eh, I know Ironhide." Ratchet replied to Orion. "Haven't met him too many times, I admit, but his reputation among medics and the military, well... Let's just say I'm glad he is firmly on our side."

Corridors, War Academy:

Prowl's optics ran to a second name on Jazz's list, and his stylus moved again down the list.

"... And Hot Rod." Prowl pointed at a second name in Jazz's list. "He's on the rehabilitation program, but I think he would be an excellent fit for your team. He seems to have a... tendency to improvise. His mock battle against Magnus and Warpath certainly have proved his mettle in combat."
TLB80

Post by TLB80 »

Interview Room, War Academy

"If the stories I've heard are true, I'd rather put my sword through my sparkcore than listen to him....." Electro responded to Kup.

He wondered. It was doubtful that Prowl was calling him just for a lecture. Maybe he was being given a mission.

A mission. It'd been so long since he'd had anything interesting to do.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Arsenal

Wheeljack walked over to the communications console. He was still suffering from the effects of the EMP, but since it was only his hand, it wasn't bothering him much. He had experienced much worse in the past. "Wheeljack here," he replied to Prowl. "Highbrow and I are working on it right now. Production on some of the weaponry has already started. Shouldn't be long before it's done. Have your team stop by to pick it up before they leave."

Wheeljack paused a moment. "Oh and while we're talking anyway, we should talk about the Academy's defences soon. I think they need an upgrade."

War Room, War Academy

"Low profile works," Jazz replied to Prowl. "But judging from his profile, Electro doesn't have that much field experience. He's been trained by Kup, so he got the best training that we can offer. His proficiency with a sword will come in handy on this mission. Guns make too much a noise when we have to slip into Kaon undetected."

Jazz leaned back in his seat, thinking Prowl's suggestion over for a minute.

Prime's Shuttle, Landing Pad

"I'm going as fast as I can," First Aid replied to Ratchet," but I'm not going any faster than the Prime can take," he added while carrying Zeta Prime into Ratchet's cargobay. "Lie down here, sir," he said to the Prime.

"That wouldn't be a smart idea," First Aid replied to Orion. "He'll only get himself killed if goes back to Kaon alone. Maybe you can try to calm him down?"

War Academy, Interview Room

"You two are going to stay here," Kup said to Electro and Dai Atlas. "I'll be back in a few cycles and when I am, you two better have a good story for me that'll explain your stupidity."

Kup then walked out and headed towards the War Room.

War Room, War Academy

"I'll have a talk with this Electro first," Jazz said while right at that moment, Kup walked in. He immediately caught what Jazz said and walked over to him.

"You're thinking about selecting Electro for your mission?" Kup looked at Jazz and then at Prowl. "Don't you think that's kind of harsh? He doesn't have that much field experience. Sending him into Kaon would pretty much be a suicide mission."

Jazz nodded. "This mission is a suicide mission and that's exactly what I'll tell them. I'm not going to tell them a pretty story about how we're going to be heroes on a mission to save Magnus." Jazz stood up and walked over to where Kup was. "We may even have to do some... disturbing... things to gain access to the Governor's Mansion to get the army's favorite soldier out, but you know what? We're going to do it anyway and I'm sure that every mech I'll ask out there will do it anyway out of respect for Magnus alone. You'd rather that I take our best mechs, wage a war and leave Iacon defenceless?"

Kup bowed his head. He knew Jazz was right, but he also knew that the possibility of some members of the team not making it back. "You're right, but that doesn't mean I have to like it."

Jazz put his hand on Kup's shoulder. "Relax. I wouldn't select them if they weren't capable of the task I have for them," he said and took his arm off Kup. "Which brings me to an other candidate. Hot Rod. He's one of your guys that went through the ex-con program, right?"

Kup nodded. "Yeah, he is. The first guy that beat Magnus in a training session too. He has alot of skill, but lacks motivation. Lacks direction. To be honest, I think that this mission would be very suited to his particular abilities. However, he is a convicted criminal. Trust will be more of an issue."

"Hey!" suddenly was shouted from the other side of the room. "I take offense to that!" It was Volks. Who was a former criminal himself too.

"Shut up, you little pip-squeek! This doesn't concern you," Kup shouted back.

"Oh no?! Volks replied defiantly. "Not even if I would tell you that I just managed to download the blue prints of the Governor's Mansion?" If Volks didn't have a mouthplate, a big smirk would show of his face right now."

Kup shook his head and looked at Prowl. "How you've managed to put up with this guy's slag is beyond me," he said with a sigh. "Anyway perhaps you and Jazz should have a talk with Hot Rod first. If only to confirm that he'll be loyal to us. Electro is in the room right next to us. Along with the Temple Knight. You think we should involve Yoketron into this?"
Aspiring DJ!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Prime's Shuttle

Zeta Prime smiled weakly at First Aid. "You have spirit. I like that."

Letting the medic help him into Ratchet's patient bay, he grunted as he lowered himself onto a gurney.

"I'm afraid, Ratchet, that you may not have a say in the matter. Our friend Megatron--" he broke off, coughing violently, "Megatron knew exactly what he was doing."

He let out a soft chuckle as he relaxed into a prone position.

"But that doesn't mean that I won't appreciate it if you prove me wrong."
Chip1123
Protoform

Arsenal

Post by Chip1123 »

Highbrow waited to reply to Wheeljack once Prowl's communication came through "Looks like we may not have time to test sufficiently." He said, indicating the nonfunctional arm of Wheeljack. "But we should have time to produce several prototypes at least." He looked over at his notes from earlier. "What about the additional ammunition types? Will we be able to produce any other types other than the EMP?"

--------------

Rapido pulled up to the Commmand Center and transformed, giving the doors just enough time to part as he stood up and walked in. " All right Jazz." He said, looking around and taking in those gathered. "What's on the docket for today?" Knowing he would, at best, not get the full briefing until the actual meeting, and may not even get any info, depending on how classified the mission was to be.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Room, War Academy

Prowl looked at Jazz, and nodded. “Mmm, as usual, I leave the final call in your hands, Jazz. I trust your field experience more in these matters.” Of course, the seed of thought had been planted. There is about a 60% chance that Jazz would go through with Electro… and if he did not, it really did not affect matters much.

Wheeljack replied to him, and Prowl turned to the monitor to reply to the engineer. “Excellent. You two do deserve your reputation. I shall have my team—led by Jazz, one of the Autobots who headed the operation to extract you—stop by your place. And, true, our defenses are not quite up to standard, not if we are to go to war. What do you have in mind, Wheeljack?”

Force fields, most likely, if they are talking about defenses. ‘Smart’ tracking missile launchers are too easily compromised, though they are indeed much more satisfying to see. Prowl, however, disliked them because of the frequency of misfires and friendly fires.

Prowl turned to Kup as the older Autobot entered, then gave Jazz a glance, and shrugged, forcing back a smile as Jazz replied to Kup in a more diplomatic manner than he ever could.

“If it makes you better, Kup, neither do I. And I am sure Jazz would not risk the lives of our soldiers if it could not be helped. But in war, we do what we must to let our people survive.” Prowl told the older Autobot, before trailing off. It felt unnatural, to hear those words coming out of his mouth. Normally, it was a saying Obsidian always told him whenever they made a hard choice.

Was he turning into Obsidian?

No. Obsidian had no moral code. He had. He was choosing to save the entire population of Cybertron, and possibly sacrifice a group of well-oiled soldiers, which actually had a chance of coming out of Kaon alive.

Prowl managed a weak smile. “Although who am I to lecture you, eh, Kup?” Volks spoke up just then, and Prowl looked at the hacker, and turned back towards Kup. “Volks may talk back, but the results speak for themselves. He is rightfully proud of his skill, and I respect that. I do not like his talking back, obviously, but it is something I can live for... so long as he keeps up his work. As for Hot Rod, he had every chance to bail out on us when we were at Kaon, and he didn’t… of course, I trust Jazz and your judgment on character more.”

Prowl frowned. “The Temple of Primus in Kaon has just been destroyed and appropriated by the Decepticons. Yoketron and his Temple Knights have already been involved by default, and I do think we should be able to count upon their assistance in this matter.”

Rapido entered the room after Kup, and Prowl decided to let Jazz debrief Rapido… then relented. “You and Jazz are to head to Kaon with a team to extract Magnus.”

En Route to the Medbay

As promised, as soon as First Aid placed Zeta Prime within his cargo bay, Ratchet covered the Prime up, so that no one catching a peek would see the Prime. He set down the ramp and headed off after Ironhide without preamble. “Let’s go, Ironhide! The clock is ticking!”

To Zeta Prime, with a gentler manner, Ratchet said, “I won’t lie and coddle you and say that everything is going to be all right, Prime, but I am a medic, and I am not going to let this Megatron kill you off, not without a Pit of a fight. Now hang on and try to survive, your people need you.”
Springer85
Protoform

ooc: so much typing... :P

Post by Springer85 »

En Route to the Medbay

"Thank you," First Aid replied To Zeta Prime when he commended him on his spirit.

"I'm afraid that the Prime is right though," he said to Ratchet. "Scanners indicate that his conditioning is getting worse. I'm surprised that he's even able to speak right now."

War Room, War Academy

Jazz sat back down in his chair and nodded in agreement with Prowl. Prowl always gave him more than enough room to let him make his own decisions. It's what worked best and it's probably why he and Prowl work so well together. They have the same kind of perspective, even though Jazz sees himself more as a field operative. It's probably the main reason why he hasn't moved up the chain of command. Not that he cared though.

"On file, Electro's the perfect guy for the job, so I'll trust my instincts on this one and recruit him." Jazz turns to Kup. "Bring him in. I'm sure that he's eager to do something."

Kup nods. "What about the other one? The Temple Knight? Prowl raised a good point. I'm sure that Yoketron wouldn't mind to have somebody of his own Temple involved."

"Bring him in too," Jazz replied." Temple Knights are good fighters, so he'll probably be very helpful."

"Got it. I'll get them right now." Kup turned around and walked out of the War Room to get Electro and Dai Atlas. Kup left the room and Jazz looked up at Prowl. "That went quite well, don't you think? Jazz said about the conversation with Kup. "I thought he would put up more of a fight."

Jazz leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms. He had to consider Hot Rod for this mission. Prowl recommended him and that alone was enough, but Kup was hesitant. Though that comes natural with the kind of mileage that he has. He just doesn't trust mechs that quick anymore. Jazz doesn't either, but it's true that he had all the chances to bail out and decided to stick around. That's saying something. Besides, having the guy on your team that handed Magnus his first defeat kind of makes him saving Magnus a bit poetic. Jazz cracked a smile. "I've decided. Hot Rod's on the team."

Rapido had entered the command centre and inquired about the mission. Before Jazz could, Prowl had already given him an answer, but Jazz had an important task for Rapido in mind and told him a bit more. "This isn't going to be a standard operation with just you and me," he added. "We're going to take a team into Kaon and attempt to extract Magnus from the Governor's Mansion. I've selected a team and I want you to come up with a plan. Remember that this is going to be a covert op. Only the mechs in this room right now and the selected team members are going to know about it. I'll give you a list of the recruits and their profiles." Jazz copied the files of Hytherion, Hot Rod and Electro to Rapido's data pad. "Don't know anything about the temple knight, but we're going to find out in a moment. Once everybody is here, the briefing will start. Oh, and before I forget, shorty over there," Jazz said, pointing to Volks, "managed to pull the blue prints to the Mansion from somewhere. Should be helpful"

With that, Jazz placed the call to Hot Rod. "Hot Rod, this is Jazz. Rise and shine, because you've just been selected for a mission. Report to the War Room as soon as possible."

Interview room

Kup walked in and saw the two mechs, Electro and Dai Atlas, waiting for him. "On your feet soldiers! Prowl and Jazz are in the next room and they want to have a word with you two," Kup added with a stern look on his face.

He didn't want to show the others that he was actually a bit worried for them. All these attacks that have happened are too methodical to have been thought of by just another rebel. This Megatron knows what he's doing and he's doing it very well. Kup just couldn't shake the feeling that they're going to waltz right into a trap. However, Kup wanted Magnus back too and found himself in conflict about the situation. He's never left a mech behind. Not even during the Quintesson War and he didn't want Magnus to be the first.

"What're you waiting for?! Move it!" he shouted and pointed them into the direction of the War Room.

Arsenal

"Right. Jazz. I remember him, Wheeljack replied to Prowl. "How's his arm? Last time I saw him, it was ripped off clean of its hinges."

Highbrow then joined in the conversation and Wheeljack turned towards him, leaving the com channel open so that Prowl follow what they're both were doing.

"We'll produce what we can," Wheeljack replied to Highbrow. EMP darts are not going to be enough against Sixshot and will only annoy him. Problem is that the team isn't going to face him alone if they do. So if you think it'll help the team then make it Highbrow. Time's running short."

Wheeljack wanted to scratch his mouth plate, but forgot that he couldn't move his hand. "Oh right. I had that little accident," he said in a somewhat funny tone. "Don't think that we need to test much of our weaponry though, since some of them have been field tested already when we tried to get away from Sixshot."

Wheeljack stood up and walked over to a work bench. "I have some over-shields ready, but they're not going to do much good against heavy and repeated fire. They'll only buy you some time. Very short time for that matter. The equilibrium distorters and sonic grenades work too. Off course, if you're looking for something a little more conventional," he paused and pointed towards another location of the Arsenal facility, "we have your standard weaponry such as big blasters, swords, grenades and the likes too."

Wheeljack walked back to the previous work bench where he was working on something. "I have something else that I'm working on right now, but production of it is going a bit slower now that I'm working with one arm. It should be ready before the end of the day. It'll definitely help the team if they do face Sixshot, but it's a very dangerous weapon. I'll give it to your field leader once he's here and will explain its workings."
Aspiring DJ!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

En Route to the Medbay

Ratchet made a noncommittal grunt to First Aid, as he followed Ironhide towards the medical bay.

"We have a strong Prime, First Aid. Don't be surprised by that." Ratchet replied to the other medic. Inside his cargo bay, the energon pump connected to Zeta Prime's energon vessels is starting to overheat as it attempted to filter off all the toxins in the Prime's energon fluid systems... and failing.

A good bit of the energon inside Zeta Prime's body had clumped up, which made the filter all the more difficult.

War Room, War Academy

Prowl leaned backwards as he watched Jazz and Kup discuss the matter amongst themselves. He felt a short burst of relief and smugness when Jazz declared that he would pick Electro. Prowl truthfully was not very sure about bringing a Temple Knight into the matter, but why waste an asset, especially if Electro's Temple Knight friend is willing to help, so naively like all religious types are?

The shade of a smirk played on Prowl's lips. When did he turn into such a cynic?

Prowl turned to Jazz and shrugged as he stood up, tracking both Sentinel's movement and Zeta Prime's condition on the monitor. "Kup is a good soldier. He understands our need... even if he does not approve of it. He knows the urgency. Mark my words, when this is over, we will probably get a good lecture from him."

Prowl had another surge of satisfaction as Jazz picked Hot Rod.

Wheeljack replied to him just then, and Prowl pressed a button so that it is on loudspeaker, in order for Jazz and Rapido to listen to the details of their equipment. "Jazz has been repaired. We have an excellent medical staff. You are, by the way, on with him as well."

EMP darts, Prowl mentally noted. Excellent. Even if Sixshot is somehow equipped to deal with EMP bursts, it would at the very least disrupt his transformation and a Cybertronian's more volatile systems. Prowl nodded, although he frowned critically as he mentioned the 'accident'. Giving Jazz a look, Prowl turned back to Wheeljack, tone neutral. "Excellent work, Wheeljack. Do you require... medical assistance?"

Field tested when they got away from Sixshot... let's hope so.

Over-shields. Equilibrium distorters. Sonic grenades... and the old-fashioned weaponry... Wheeljack is crazy prepared. Prowl liked that.

"You heard that, soldier." Prowl replied to Jazz and Rapido. "Do stop by Arsenal and get your weaponry from Wheeljack and Highbrow. You will need it."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

En Route to Medbay:

Ironhide rolled toward the Medbay, with Orion bringing up the rear of this little convoy.

Somewhere deep within the bowels of the War Academy:

Hot Rod turned off the floor buffer and activated his commlink. "I'll be there as soon as I can. Did you know this building has about twenty sub-basements?" Leaving the buffer behind, he started making his way up back towards the surface.

TLB80

Post by TLB80 »

Interview room

"Okay, okay!" Electro said, got up, and walked to the War Room.

"So, what is it?" he asked as he entered. "Am I in trouble?" he followed, then chuckled.