[G1 RPG] Terminus: The Tempest (Protihex), Part II

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Constructicon Hospital

“Come on.” Road Hugger gestured at Detour as he got up, and limped towards where the Aerialbots were coming in. “Can’t just stand here. Gotta help them move the wounded, something.”

Detour thought about saying something, but saw the look in Road Hugger’s eyes. He needed to do something, anything at all, so that the grief of Hyperdrive’s death, of Onslaught’s death, of the deaths of half of his men, doesn’t consume him. With an apologetic wave to Fortress Maximus and Shockwave, Detour followed Road Hugger.

At least they weren't in the middle of a firefight now...

Long Haul chuckled at Scrapper. “Gotcha, boss. I’ll try and find ones that look most like canes.” The Constructicon walked over to Hook’s working table, and the Constructicon surgeon pulled out two ampoules out of the set of complex fabrication machines, and handed them over to Long Haul.

“Projected time required to synthesize a dosage of cure is about three-fourths of a breem.” Hook told Long Haul and Scrapper. “Return to me in that time, if there are still any more infected.”

Long Haul popped one of the ampoules open, watching the needle slide out with obvious excitement, as he moved towards Snarl. The Constructicon poked the cables holding the Dinobot, and looked up at Skysickle. “Where did you Slingshot lookalikes get Rhemaenium anyway? Mixmaster’s been on my aft for years asking me to get some of them, and I don’t like asking Swindle… eh, forget it. Kids, drop the ugly Dinobot and the rest of the dead-wounded guys and go help out Percy and the other rescue team. They’ll be needing to evac lots of infected.”

Long Haul jabbed the ampoule into the side of Snarl’s neck. “He’s probably going to wake up and choke me in a clichéd ‘I forgot we were allied’ moment.” Long Haul said out loud. “So I’m going to take one step backwards. Maybe two.”

Tinker waved at Darkjet and Shuttle Gunner as he began to decrease his altitude. "I see they're bringing in the wounded back into the hospital. I'm going to help the Constructicons... move stuff, or something, I dunno... they're very, very good. I can't compete with them."

"So why even bother?" Darkjet asked.

"Eh, we all have a job, don't we?" Tinker said, grinning as he landed next to where the Aerialbots were bringing in the wounded, and began inspecting Great Cannon. "His head must've been blown up... probably unsalvageable." He looked and Blurr, and shook his head. "Multiple wounds, including one that pierced his spark. Unless we've got Glit's magic voodoo spark-summoning book again..."

Hate Plague Danger Zone

“Hmm.” Sixshot replied to Rage. “You seem like a powerful sort to resist the Hate Plague. And here I thought I was the only one…”

“He’s a ball of hate, Sixshot. A little more hate isn’t going to make him any worse.” Blast Off replied.

With a shrug, Sixshot turned to Fireflight and shook his head. “Aerialbot, from what I know, Hook had synthesized cures to individuals. I am sure he is working on a greater dispersal of the cure to handle… this.” Sixshot gestured to the cloud under them. “But I’m afraid I’m just... the muscle.”

En Route

“About time, too.” Broadside replied to Sandstorm, and watched as Skydive and Air Raid whoosh above them and launch their assault on Wave. “Damned Aerialbots…” Broadside chuckled, with no real malice directed at their airborne allies. “Can’t let them do all the work, can we? Topspin, Sandstorm… Wreck! And! Rule!”

Broadside transformed into robot mode and pulled out his plasma pulse rifle, and began sending a steady barrage of superheated plasma at Wave, aiming at the weakened area that the Aerialbots had attacked.

Wave made a large metallic groan-sounding sound as Skydive and Air Raid’s combine assault caused a huge chunk of armour plating to twist awkwardly and pop off, allowing Broadside’s plasma blasts to hit straight into the more fragile inner workings of the giant Imeprial.

Wave’s turrets began tracking Skydive and Air Raid, and opened fire, but the Aerialbots were too quick, and with Wave’s reduced thinking capacity, it is doubtful they would even hit.

“We’ve got backup!” Drift whooped as the Aerialbots and Wreckers arrived, dealing a massive blow onto the Imperial vessel battling the Omega Sentinel.

Volt nodded as he shook his head, clearing the cobwebs... and, still supported by Drift, gripped his blade, and launched another poorly-aimed lightning bolt at Shock.

The Lunatic Fringe

Springer grunted as he managed to slam Starscream onto the grunt, and while his blade didn’t find its mark, he slashed it onto the Seeker underneath him, hoping to decapitate the treacherous worm… or, failing that, simply deliver a cut to the Decepticon.

Misfire growled as Thunderwing threw Spinister around like a doll. “Don’t call him your minion!” Misfire yelled out, an anger building up against this… this arrogant creature who treated Spinister – Misfire’s commander, the only Decepticon ever to gave him a chance to prove himself – like crap.

The Targetmaster kept trying to shoot the real Thunderwing, and launched off a barrage as soon as Spinister is out of the way. “Slugslinger!” Misfire called out in concern as his partner was beset by one of the shells.

His confidence cracking slightly, Misfire charged at the shell holding Slugslinger down, attempting to tackle him away from Slugslinger. While the action was brought by Misfire being fearful that Thunderwing would vaporize his friend then and there, but the movement brought him out of the way of the shell aiming itself at Misfire.
Chip1123
Protoform

En Route

Post by Chip1123 »

Topspin transformed and took position near Broadside, pulling out his Photon Rifle as he did. "Wonder if Kup would say this reminded him of anything?" He asked aloud, firing at Wave as he did.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The Lunatic Fringe

"I cannot vouch for the second," said Optimus Prime, "but your account of the first's demise differs greatly from my own*, Starscream. I was there."

While the Seeker was floored, the Autobot Leader readied his rifle -- but with Springer obstructing his line of fire, Optimus was unable to safely take the shot without harming the former-Wrecker.

(OOC: * - Do correct me. I wasn't posting here at that time :))

Near the Constructicon Field Hospital

Fortress Maximus and Shockwave both nodded at one another. "Yes," said the large Autobot Commander. "Now is not the time for rest."

The Steelhaven Captain groaned as he stood up to his feet, the Headmaster's body still weak and heavy from today's battle.

Taking one last look at the Darkfleet's smoking remains, Fortress Maximius turned away and followed Shockwave, Road Hugger and the others back to the field hospital.

Constructicon Field Hospital

"He'll be in capable hands, Sideswipe," said Hoist. "I promise you."

The Autobot mechanic ambled down the small transport's ramp, toward Windcharger and Searchlight.

Hoist slowly circled around the white Throttlebot, silently nodding to himself as he looked Searchlight up and down.

The mechanic then shrugged and said, "I think the patient will live to drive another day." Hoist extended his hand to his shuttle. "Please, right this way and we'll get you patched up."

(OOC: It's his feet, right? That's what Hoist's fixing, or am I forgetting something?)

Near Hate Plague Danger Zone

Having barely arrived near the former-Steelhaven site, Perceptor and his small convoy had already drew attention to themselves.

Fireflight and Rage, among others, were converging to their position. It was not at all how the science officer would have conducted this operation...

It was nonetheless a scenario he had considered and would adapt accordingly.

Transforming back to their respective mechanoid forms, Perceptor and Pointblank took in their surroundings, silently noting geographic features and structures -- the scant few that remained.

The science officer pointed to a nearby building; charred, but still standing in spite of the proximate struggle. "That will do."

"Works for me," Pointblank concurred.

Perceptor then glanced over his shoulder, acknowledging Fireflight. "As Sixshot has explained, we are here to disperse the counteractant individually," he told the Aerialbot. "I would have preferred a rigorous series of tests, but given the time...." He sighed.

"For now, we are to place our confidence in -- in Hook," he sneered. "But, if you are feeling restless, Fireflight, by all means, you are welcome to provide me cover....

"Oh, and...my colleague here, as well," he added with a dismissive sweep of the hand.

Pointblank scowled. "When you're finished insulting me," he said, agitatedly, "we really should get going."

"Very well." Perceptor motioned the Targetmaster to follow. "Come along."

---

Perceptor and Pointblank scaled up the side of the building they had selected and climbed up onto the roof.

From here, stretched out before the Autobot pair, was the Steelhaven's former-landing zone - and the afflicted Cybertronians fighting upon it.

"The armor-piercing darts, if you would?" asked Perceptor.

Pointblank produced a small case from his subspace cache and set it down on the rooftop. Inside were a few dozen, give or take, bullet-like darts, blank and lined up vertically next to each other.

Perceptor similarly retrieved the small container containing Hook's ampoules from his leg-side holster.

Carefully, he slid out several of the tiny vials into his palm and handed them over to Pointblank. "Delicately, please."

"I know, Perceptor," the other Autobot groaned.

The science officer took the remaining half and proceeded to insert the ampoules into the darts -- before loading them into a clip. Pointblank followed the same process.

---

With his sniper rifle cradled in both hands, Perceptor moved to the edge of building and looked out toward the far-off carnage.

He magnified his optics, scanning and identifying each combatant - those that still functioned - before setting his sights on one. Ultra Magnus.

He appears to be...disoriented. Induced optical ablepsy, perhaps?

Perceptor raised his rifle, bringing the sight in front of his right eye. "Select your targets wisely," he told Pointblank. The science officer then pulled the trigger, firing an armor-piercing dart - containing the cure - at Ultra Magnus.

Pointblank likewise selected his own target, sending another dart toward Jackpot.

(OOC: Remind me, Blackjack, who's still out there that is infected?)

Southwest Border

Road Rocket skidded along Skram and sprung back up into mechanoid mode.

The Axelerator was worse for wear; a thick puddle formed underneath the Axelerator, oozing profusely from the burning crater on his back. An expression of horror was permanently etched onto Skram's face, his eyes widened and staring up to the sky.

Road Rocket placed his hand over his mouth plate. "Oh...oh no," he whispered, panicked. "No, no, no, no. Skram..."

He knelt down and gently nudged the younger Autobot's shoulder. "Come on, Skram. Get up. Please don't..."

Skram did not respond.

The Autobot Laser Cycle bowed his head. "Road Rocket to Aesculapius. Soldier - oh geez - soldiers down," he said over his comlink.

"No, correction -- Seven. Eight soldiers, at least." He flashed his visor back toward the border where Manta Ray and the others were being tended to. "Requesting pick-up at the Southwest Border. Repeat, soldiers down."

"Ambulon here -- We're receiving you, Road Rocket," answered the field medic. "We're backed up over here, but I'll see what I can do. Just hold tight."

----

Guzzle pointed a thumb at his chest. "I'm in charge of the 'Bots on the southwest," he told Drift. "Thunderclash -- dammit..."

The Sparkabot stopped short to roll away as Shock scorched the ground with it's cannonade. Guzzle assumed a crouching position and returned fire. "Thunderclash's in charge of the whole perimeter guard, but he's over at the southeast.

"But, hey, I'm open to whatever. Whaddaya got in mind?"

----

Wave's barrage connected against Zero-Two's tired form, bringing the Omega Sentinel to its knee.

Propped up by its claw, the Guardian Robot raised its massive cannon-arm and unleashed a torrent of plasma energy at the bow section of the Imperial vessel.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Road Hugger watched the piles of dead and wounded (mostly, to Road Hugger, they are dead, unless the Constructicons could work miracles). The Combaticon leader wearily trooped over to Long Haul, and pulled Hyperdrive's body out of subspace, placing the dead corpse down near Long Haul's feet.

"Eesh." Long Haul said, shaking his head. "Didn't he come in here earlier with a caved-in skull? Hook told him to rest. Should've rested. Wouldn't be dead."

"Should've rested -- that giant would've blown all of you up." Detour snapped.

"Maybe. Maybe not." Long Haul replied a little defensively, running his scanner over Hyperdrive's body. "Mmm, out of my league. If he hadn't already have his skull caved in before he got himself blown up..."

"Fix him if you can." Road Hugger said, voice hoarse, ignoring the banter between Detour and the Constructicon. "Please."

"If you make him into a sculpture or something, I swear to Primus, I'll come back and kill you." Detour said.

"We'll look for more survivors on the ground." Road Hugger said, transforming into vehicle mode and shooting off, Detour trailing behind him. Long Haul looked at Hyperdrive's body, shrugged as he shoved him onto a pile next to an Autobot Pretender and one of the Stormtroopers, before walking to the next body, looking for anything, anything with a better condition to work on.

Hook watched as Shockwave approached the hospital. The Constructicon had been surprised that the military commander had elected to remain in Protihex instead of serving loyally under the Decepticon banner -- or, indeed, leading his own sub-faction in the Decepticon Civil War...

But they were all on the same side now, and, with all these... corpses coming in, they'll need much more work.

Hook had finished assembling together a fabricator to make the ampoules, and was making a third readjusment and recallibration, but he waved at Shockwave. "Shockwave, what a pleasure to meet you here. I have, of course, devised a cure for the Hate Plague, but delivery to eliminate the massive cloud blanketing Protihex has been... well, problematic without more resources. I was hoping you could have some ideas."

(OOC: His back was slashed open, actually. I think his feet was wounded as well, but the main injury is his back.)

Windcharger transformed, not speaking (not with Hoist and Searchlight preoccupied, and Sideswipe in the mood that he is), and watched the piles of badly wounded, half-dead people that the Aerialbots had recovered from the battlefield.

Searchlight watched nervously as Hoist circled him, and nodded wordlessly as he followed Hoist's direction up the ramp, limping slightly due to his injuries.

Windcharger looked at the pile of near-dead people, and his expression became harder with each dead body he recognized. Autobots- he instantly recognized Whirl... Blurr... God, Slag. Swoop. Gears... all old friends of his.

Windcharger even felt a pang of loss when he saw some of the Decepticons he recognized, the same Decepticons he fought and traded barbs for the past four million years or so. Ironic that, now that he saw Drag Strip and Vortex and Swindle and some others piled together there, he felt a heavy pang of loss.

(OOC: Magnus, Jackpot and Target Hawk are infected, so is Rage, although the Plague does not work on him. Could assume some of the remaining generic Combaticons or Autobots left behind that are milling around. Breakdown and the Terrorcons are in the area, although they aren't infected... yet.)

"Nuh." Jackpot grunted as the dart hit him. The pain in his hands and side and legs made him so angry, he wanted to murder someone. Target Hawk, or Ultra Magnus, or those damned Terrorcons he saw in the distance... the pain, the pain -- the dart simply made it worse.

Of course, Hook's cure was immediately administered, and Jackpot convulsed as the Hate Plague spore-viruses were forcibly rewritten and reformatted to self-destruct. Flakes of rust-coloured metal peeled off Jackpot as his original shade of black and yellow returned to form underneath. What was left undamaged, anyway.

"What..." Jackpot looked around him, rubbed his neck for the dart, before the pain which he had been ignoring for so long caused his automatic systems to attempt stasis lock, which Jackpot welcomed wholeheartedly, collapsing onto the ground.

Breakdown freaked out a little when he saw Sixshot swooping in, and then something slammed onto one of the Plague-afflicted Autobots and he fell down.

That, coupled with the scary Hun-Grrr and compatriots, and the acid rain that's drizzling over them, snapped Breakdown's mind.

He drove head on into a cloud of Hate Plague spores, and his white and blue colours was soon engulfed in red, and he transformed into robot mode with a roar, pulling out his scatter blaster. "STOP LOOKING AT ME, YOU BASTARDS! STOP! LOOKING! AT! ME!"

Each word was punctuated with a shot from his scatter blaster, aimed at Hun-Grrr, aimed at Blot, aimed at Sixshot, aimed at Rage, at anyone nearby...

"Stupid Stunticon. Evasive maneuvers, Blast Off." Sixshot said as he transformed into his jet mode and accelerated to the side, easily avoiding Breakdown's fire, followed closely by Blast Off. "Perceptor, we've got another infected Transformer."

Southwest Border

Shock's blasts slammed close to the Autobots. One of the mortars shot straight at Drift's position. Drift darted aside, pulling Volt with him... and felt a sinking feeling of dread when Volt suddenly felt lighter.

Drift turned around, seeing that he only grabbed Volt's arm -- and only his arm -- while the rest of Volt lay a short distance away, face-down, a crater where a good chunk of his back was. And missing an arm.

Volt's other arm was still gripping his sword, which was crackling sadly in the dull ground.

"Oh, Primus-" Drift cursed as he darted towards Volt, and lifted up the younger Autobot. His optic visor was dark. "We need a medic, Guzzle. We need to get our wounded out, then I say we send this damned Imperial back to the Pit it crawled out of."

"Mmm, Kup's probably seen something like this. He was a good soldier, Topspin. I kind of miss him, even though he's a bit irritating at times." Broadside replied to the other Wrecker, continuing to send pulses of red plasma fire at Wave.

Both Broadside and Topspin's fire slammed onto the chunks of armour plating that the Aerialbots and blown loose in their air strike, causing small explosions to blossom in them.

Zero-Two's cannon blast rocketed towards Wave's hull, and while he attempted to move to the side, the damage caused by the Aerialbots and Wreckers was too much, and the cannon blast sheared off a good chunk of the Imperial vessel's hull, sending him crashing down onto the ground, crashing through several buildings before the fuel tanks within him ignited, and a series of explosion erupted across his hull.

Shock felt the damage dealt to Wave, and he swivelled around. Being the part of Shock Wave with the giant cannons, he activated the one cannon left to him, and opened fire at Zero Two's exposed back while he was attending to its other body.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Constructicon Hospital

Skysickle transformed to robot mode and dropped to the ground, giving Long Haul an annoyed look. "I'm a red Osprey. Have you even met Slingshot?" Shrugging, he said, "Obviously you should spend less time buying from Swindle and more time with Hubcap. The little guy can get his hands on anything."

Scrapper ran his scanners over Leyland, but shook his head -- all of his scan results came back flatlined. "This one's gone," he said clinically.

Snarl woke up with a start, saw Constructicon green and lunged at Long Haul, stabbing his sword through the Decepticon's chest...or he would have, if his sword had been in his hand and not lost somewhere on the battlefield outside. So what actually happened was that he lost his balance and fell flat on his face with an "oof!"

"That was embarrassing..."

From his perch up on top of some diagnostic equipment, Nightstick laughed.

Shuttle Gunner had followed Tinker back down, and he nodded in agreement with the seeker's assessment of Great Cannon's condition.

"Yes," he said with a hint of sadness. "One of Darkjet's comrades blew his head off with a missile. He is dead, but the rest of his body is untraumatized. He may still save Decepticon lives by being used as a systems donor, and as his teammate I of course authorize it."

Looking toward where Scrapper was working, his voice grew a bit more sad and he said, "Leyland, unfortunately, cannot even provide that."

Scrapper, meanwhile, looked up at Tinker with a glare. "The drunk deserted and I had his occult nonsense burned," he said with obvious intolerance. "Let us never speak of it again."

"I know," Sideswipe said to Hoist. "Trust me, I know."

Hate Plague Danger Zone

Rage shrugged. "The Combaticon is essentially correct," he admitted. But when Breakdown went nuts and started shooting randomly, he smiled behind his faceplate and said, "I've got this," before transforming and roaring toward the Stunticon.

"Yeah," Fireflight replied to Perceptor nervously after hearing that the cloud wasn't going to be dealt with. "OK. I'll, uh, I'll do that. You know, from way up here. Away from the scary hate cloud thing. Because being infected once was enough. Especially since, you know...the source of the cure and all." Looking over to Blast Off he added, "Uh...no offence, Mr. ex-Decepticon."

Ultra Magnus spasmed as Perceptor shot him, roaring in rage at the attack that (to his half-blind eyes at least) came out of nowhere. He thrashed with fury...but only for a few seconds. Once the cure had passed through his armour into the core robot, Magnus detached from his blinded super-mode and dropped to the ground, his armour pure white and silver.

Ignoring the flush of shame that followed the realization of what had happened, he looked around to see what had happened and nodded to the far-off group of Autobots and Decepticons who had saved him.

"Where do you need me?" he asked.

Imperial Landing Zone

Accelerating as fast as he could, Sandstorm steered onto a half-collapsed building, using the side of it as a ramp to launch himself into the air. Transforming in mid-arc, he landed atop Shock and hacked down with Broadside's axe in an attempt to arrest his fall.

Skydive and Air Raid looped up, evading Wave's fire and trying to position themselves for another attack run.

The Lunatic Fringe

(OOC: The first time I'm talking about was when Starscream tossed Megatron out of Astrotrain in the movie. :) )

"Pah! You've died so many times that you're lucky you can remember your own name!" Starscream told Prime.

Starscream let out a shrill cry as Springer's blade narrowly missed slicing off the top of his head, but he was lucky enough that it only amputated the tip of his wing instead.

"Fool!" he cried. "You dare challenge Starscream?"

Kicking out from under the Triplechanger's body, he swung his right fist forward hoping to catch Springer right on that insufferably heroic lantern jaw of his.

"You will be the first to taste my wrath!"

"Ah, but he is." Thunderwing -- the real one -- blocked Misfire's shots with an energy field before taking his cyclone cannon in hand. "All of you belong to me now, Misfire. You just don't know it yet. I am Cybertron's future! I am--agh!"

"...distracted by my friends and not watching your back?" Triggerhappy observed as he burst through the back door and used Blowpipe to knock Thuderwing down. "Ha! Take that!"

Needlenose followed behind him and charged to Spinister's side, helping the other Targetmaster up off the floor.

"Leave me," Spinister said, annoyed. "Thunderwing deserves your attention now!"

"Yeah, yeah," Needlenose said, gleefully ignoring the order. "You're welcome, like usual. Seriously boss, I don't get how you survived on Earth without me to pick you up when you've been thrown through a wall."

If Slugslinger appreciated Misfire knocking the Thunderwing shell off of him, he didn't show it.

"I had him right where I wanted him, you dummy!" he said as he fired a few dozen rounds into the shell that had charged at Misfire for good measure.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Constructicon Hospital

“Eh, junior, I’ve been shooting at Aerialbots ever since they crawled out of Vector Sigma.” Long Haul replied to Skysickle. “Mmm, maybe. But Hubcap reminds me too much of that twerp Bumblebee, and I must resist the urge to lob him around like a volleyball with Bonecrusher. With Swindle, I can bash his face in. Bashing faces in is therapeutic.”

That was, however, before Snarl woke up and lunged at him, causing Long Haul to jump backwards. “Should’ve taken another step back.” The Constructicon grimaced. “Look, Dinobot, we’re here to help.”

Long Haul waved his scanner over Sky High’s body. “Pretender’s dead. The shot sheared clean through his armour. Who’s this one? Never could tell the Autobot Pretenders apart, they all look the same, human faces, no personalities. Eh. Parts are still in good condition, though. Oh, look! Here’s Gears! Dead Gears! Little piece of worthless scr- ngggn.” Long Haul grabbed at his neck, as some invisible force seemed to push against his throat.

Windcharger lowered his hands, and the tension on Long Haul’s throat disappeared. Windcharger growled. “Look, Constructicon – I appreciate the help, but if you make fun of another dead Autobot, I swear, I will turn you inside out. Literally.”

“Whatever.” Long Haul gave Windcharger a noncommittal shrug, then waved his scanner over Blurr. “Speedy’s gone as well. Energon sword straight through the chest. Must’ve hurt.” Long Haul glanced at Snarl slightly, before turning to join the conversation between Scrapper and Tinker, speaking in a kind of defensive reflex to agree with Scrapper. “Yeah, all that hoodoo magic is a bit nonsense, really. Not kind of our thing.”

“I am sorry for your loss.” Tinker said to Shuttle Gunner with sincere sympathy. “That was… very blunt of me.”

“If it makes you better, whoever did it is probably dead by now.” Darkjet replied to Shuttle Gunner as he landed. “You have my condolences, though.” Moonjet had been sitting on top of a pile of crates with one of the wounded Combaticons, watching the Constructicons.

Tinker nodded, and turned to Scrapper, and shrugged. “I was just saying. Shutting up now. Where do I put good system donors?”

Hate Plague Danger Zone

Blast Off shook his head. “Yay Stormtroopers?” The Combaticon said, fist-pumping the air half-heartedly. He turned to Fireflight and shrugged. “I’m an ex-Autobot, ex-Decepticon, current neutral yet affiliated with Combaticons. Pretty sure anything you or Sixshot says is going to offend me either way, so I don’t mind.”

Sixshot was less responsive, his expression cold as he observed matters, still gripping his hypersonic concussion cannons, ignoring Fireflight and Blast Off’s conversations.

At least, until Ultra Magnus recovered, anyway. “Ultra Magnus!” Sixshot declared at the worthy opponent, “You are cured, it seems. You shall have to trust my word… grab the young unconscious Autobot near you, and get out of the Hate Plague cloud. You have been cured, but we are unsure how long the cure will last if you still stand in the infected zone.”

Breakdown screamed. He saw Rage charging at him, and merely saw another enemy. He transformed into vehicular mode, and activated his break-down field, attempting to disrupt Rage’s internal mechanisms.

Meanwhile, giant scatter-blaster cannons flipped from his trunk and opened fire at the incoming Rage, as he swerved wildly, careening over dead bodies and rubble as he drove wildly.

Imperial Landing Zone

The same turrets that had knocked Skram and Volt off Shock’s hull rotated and targeted Sandstorm, firing mortars at him, even as Sandstorm’s borrowed axe tore off chunks of his armour.

Broadside, for his part, turned around and launched more plasma blasts onto Shock.

The Lunatic Fringe

“Yeah, I get it. You guys die and get revived so many times.” Springer grumbled under his breath. “Because, I dunno, it’s fun or something?” The former Wrecker took a reflexive step backwards as Starscream launched away from him, and he swung his sword up in an attempt to block the Seeker’s punch.

Springer’s free arm held the long end of the blade for support, so Starscream’s punch wouldn’t cause the blade to twang and cut Springer’s face off, which would be more… problematic than to just receive a punch in the head.

But, of course, Springer couldn’t resist seeing Starscream slam his fist straight into a sharp blade.

“Look, Screamer, I’m here for the guy who’s got the actual power and Matrix and force fields here. You’re just an annoyance.” Springer yelled louder, “Optimus! Starscream isn’t worth your time – you’re the only one who can beat Thunderwing and his Matrix! Go. Go!”

Misfire snorted, actually surprised that Thunderwing remembered his name. “I would rather die. It’s clichéd, I know, but I’m a fan for the classics. Although, well, usually the sneaking-from-the-back is Sluggie’s thing, not yours, Happy-face.”

From the corner of his vision, Misfire saw Needlenose help Spinister, and turned his attention to the shell that had been, apparently, charging him. “Yeah, I love you too, Sluggie.” Misfire replied sarcastically as he opened fire at the Thunderwing shell directly in front of him, namely, the one that he just knocked off, trusting Slugslinger to take care of the one behind him.
Shine

Post by Shine »

Hate Plague Danger Zone

Amidst his collection of thoughts—all of which featuring Hun-Grrr and Hun-Grrr alone in one way or another—Sinnertwin and Rippersnapper somehow managed to infiltrate the introspective realm located in Hun-Grrr's mind. Suddenly it occurred to him that they had been missing for longer than it was necessary to destroy the infected Wildrider. Something had happened to them.

Activating his com-link, Hun-Grrr set about contacting the two Terrorcons and learning of their statuses. The whispers of static were all that greeted his audio receptors.

Hun-Grrr deactivated his com-link. A hideous truth smothered him as if somebody had poured large quantities of Goo's thick, viscous substance over him. Sinnertwin. Rippersnapper. They were most likely—

Blaster fire streaked through the air, hurling itself in every direction imaginable. A few shots discovered targets, slamming into the forms of Blot and Cutthroat. They lost their balance, but Cutthroat was the only one to stumble. Blot's impressive bulk kept him upright.

Hun-Grrr searched the battlefield for the culprit of this attack. When he saw that Breakdown was responsible, confusion marked his features. Then he noticed a Transformer lurking above in the sky and a cloud of Hate Plague spores seemingly advancing towards him and his two Terrorcons. Then Breakdown being swallowed by that cloud.

Clarity was achieved.

Hun-Grrr roared. “Blot! Cutthroat! Blow that fraggin' fragger off the face of Cybertron!” He retrieved his sonic stun gun from a sub-space compartment.

Blot and Cutthroat complied without the utterance of a single word, all too happy to obliterate the insane Stunticon. Producing their respective arms, they fired at Breakdown—but because they weren't the most accurate with their weapons, more than a few of their shots stretched to the left and to the right, almost hitting Rage.

Caring none for this Transformer, they continued to shoot at Breakdown.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hate Plague Danger Zone

The Terrorcons were attacking!

That mean Stormtrooper was attacking!

Why are they attacking Breakdown? WHY WHY WHY?

Breakdown screamed, amplifying his break-down field as far as he could, in order to destroy any electronics aiding Rage or the Terrorcons. Fear and rage all mushed up together within him, and he simply shot in a wide arc around the ever-closing Rage and the Terrorcons, launching scatter-blaster shots at both parties.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The Lunatic Fringe

Optimus Prime nodded. "Agreed," he answered Springer.

The Autobot Leader flashed his gaze across the lobby to determine Thunderwing's whereabouts -- then quickly brought them back to Starscream, his optics instantly narrowing. "You just may well have doomed us all," he said, glowering down at the treacherous Seeker. "But, we'll settle this dispute another time..."

Unchallenged, Optimus blurred across the floor with a quick, sibilant sound -- on a direct course for the downed Pretender. "No more diversions, Thunderwing."

Hoist's Shuttle

(OOC: Mmm, I don't think Hoist would have dead bodies piled on top of one another in his ship. He's still your friendly, stereotypical Autobot, after all. I'd like to think he'd have more respect for the dead/comatose than that ;) Freeway I know for certain - without explicitly stating or showing it - is in a stasis pod somewhere on board. EDIT: Which I've decided to mention now.)

Hoist led Searchlight and Windcharger up to the shuttle's upper-deck, to a small medical center.

The medbay was unremarkable and simple. Along one wall was a single aisle of slabs, each with a sensor cluster that hung directly over the bed. As to be expected, half of them were already occupied. The slab-side stations were equipped with standard medical supplies and instruments, borrowed from the Steelhaven's own stock.

Sectioned off by a wall, a neighboring room housed the stasis pods containing terminal and comatose patients. The tubes ghostly blue glow emanated from the open archway, adding a serene yet saddening ambiance.

Hoist patted his hand on a free bunk. "Have a seat, Searchlight."

The Autobot mechanic then scooped up a laser scalpel and a pair of tweezers from a tray at his station. He flicked the instrument on and off with his thumb to test its charge, adding, "Let's see what we can do about closing off that nasty gash on your back, eh."

---

Shockwave's mono-optic fell onto Hook. "A timely solution: a pressurized vessel - perhaps comprised of small munitions - containing this counteractant," he told the Constructicon. "Have you not already considered this?"

Perceptor opened his comlink. "With all due respect, Ultra Magnus," he said. "I would advise you do as Sixshot says. The retrovirus, I am told, provides immunity for a regretfully unspecified duration. Ranged combat would be the wisest course. I suggest you fall back."

"I'd also suggest someone get Jackpot off the field," Pointblank added while he re-aimed his rifle.

With Rage tending to Breakdown, who had unwittingly drove headlong into the cloud of spores, the Targetmaster set his sights on Target Hawk.

Pointblank pulled the trigger, sending a dart containing the retro-virus at the seemingly immobile Decepticon.

(OCC: Not sure, but are the Terrorcons infected or not? Hard to tell, considering they always want to maim and rend.)

Southwest Border

Guzzle winced at the severed arm in Drift's hand. "A medic. Right."

"It's covered," Road Rocket interjected, Skram's body resting limp in arms. "Got in touch with Ambulon."

"That's--" The Sparkabot's optics feel directly on the dead soldier in the other Autobot's hold. Skram, and now Volt? The perimeter guard was being picked off like Turbofoxes in hunting season.

"Oh, jeez, Skram..."

"Yeah, it sucks," Road Rocket said bitterly. "The Aesculapius* is on its way."

(OOC: * - A medic ship/shuttle/frigate/whatever. Mentioned it in my previous post, but should've been brought up a long time ago. Stupid I didn't think of this sooner, being the resident Autobot Medic nut that I am :()

Guzzle eyes followed the Laser Cycle as he carried Skram away, back toward the border. "Yeah -- yeah, I'm with you, Drift.

The Sparkabot spun back around and jumped into tank mode. Guzzle raised his turret and unleashed a plasma beam, once more at Shock's underside.

"Not on my watch, you piece of crap!"

---

Caught unawares, Shock's barrage exploded against the Zero-Two's back, bringing the titan crashing face forward into the ground.

A small force wave ensued upon impact.

"OH FOR PRIMUS SAKE!!!" Guzzle groaned out loud, swerving way from Shock's smaller armaments. "Will somebody please take out those damn cannons! That fraggin' trash barge is makin' a chump outta our Omega Sentinel -- Broadside, Sandstorm, Skydive, I'm lookin' in your direction! "
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

The Lunatic Fringe

"Go, Prime." Springer whispered as he turned his attention back to Starscream. "Be a hero."

Hoist's Shuttle

(OOC: The pile of bodies was supposed to be the ones that the new Aerialbots recovered from the battlefields, which Long Haul and the generic Combaticons or whatever piled up. Windcharger was outside, looking a the pile. It wasn't made clear before, sorry. Removed Freeway from my original post)

After one last look at the bodies outside, Windcharger followed Hoist and Searchlight into the medical shuttle.

Searchlight took a seat on the bunk and nodded mutely, trusting Hoist to heal him. He wasn't suspicious, or paranoid... he simply trusted Hoist, and the Autobot symbol on his chest. Searchlight haven't exactly spoken to Hoist much, even when they were stationed together, but he trusted the other Autobot. His optics looked around the pods, eyes settling on Freeway's form.

"Freeway!" Searchlight cried out in alarm, recognizing his fellow Throttlebot. "Freeway! Is he- Hoist, it he-?"

"That would be the obvious solution, yes." Hook replied to Shockwave.

Long Haul chortled. "Obvious?"

Hook waved at Long Haul dismissively. "Attend to your duties, minion."

"Izzat a joke? Did Hook make a joke? Oh, the world is ending right now."

Hook ignored Long Haul and turned to Shockwave, folding his arms. "We do not have any pressurized vessels, at least not enough which we could put together at the moment. I would prefer that we have more data, see how much terrain is covered with the cloud. I am also uncertain if the counter-reactant would dissolve the airborne pathogen; for the one I had synthesized had the mechanism of purging the virus-spores from a living, infected Cybertronian, based on Sixshot's case, as befitting my specialty of a surgeon. It should, in theory, have the same effect with an airborne distribution, but the data is woefully inadequate. We would require more tests."

"I could go and map the infected area for you, if you want, doc." Moonjet offered, pointing his mis-matched arm outside of the makeshift hospital. "Might as well as make myself useful. Just the area covered in the Hate Plague spores, right?"

"Do that, yes." Hook said noncommittally, as Moonjet smiled, and transformed into his jet mode and shot into the air.

Southwest Border

Drift gently laid the arm next to Volt, and whispered. "Rest, young friend. You have done your part." The former Decepticon stood up, turned to Road Rocket, and nodded, trusting the other Autobot to handle the evacuation, and scowled at the Autobot cradled in his hands.

"Skram was a good soldier. Both of them were." Drift replied, before turning his optics back to Shock. "We will kill this Imperial."

Drift sheathed his swords, and picked up a discarded assault rifle. His hands trembled slightly, but with practiced ease (which scared him a little) Drift reloaded the weapon, and aimed it onto Shock. Sharpshooter instincts -- instincts which served him well as Deadlock, instincts that allowed him to kill Autobots -- kicked in, and before he knew it bullets slammed in and around Shock's engines.

"Got it." Broadside said, slightly peeveed at being shouted at by the short Guzzle, but rather impressed at the small Autobot's bravery. Another one for Wrecker candidacy, certainly. The Wrecker leapt towards Shock, jet boosters helping his jump, and landed on his side, the large Wrecker's mass causing Shock to tilt to one side.

Hanging on with one hand, Broadside roared, dug the fingers of the other hand onto one of Shock's cannons, and tore it out and sending it crashing onto the ground. "Sandstorm, Topspin, wreck this thing!"
Chip1123
Protoform

Southwest Border

Post by Chip1123 »

Topspin chuckled as Broadside lept into the air. The sight of the big guy launching into the air still was unbelievable even after so many battles.

"Right behind you!" Topspin said, taking off running, sliding along the ground, firing upwards at the behemoth as he went by. Once Topspin cleared the main guns, he sprung up, his powerful actuators making it look effortless, and began opening fire behind Shock, trying to find a weakpoint in his armor. "Or rather, right behind him!"
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Constructicon Hospital

Skysickle shrugged at Long Haul. "Suit yourself. I'm pretty sure Swindle's somewhere in your new pile'o'corpses, though, so it's going to be a while before he's able to take any new orders." He chuckled. "Plus, I get a commission on any new customers I refer to Hubcap, so..."

"Watch me not care." Snarl shoved at Long Haul, an angry expression on his face. "I'm not nice like the little ones. Show some respect or I'll add you to the pile. It'll only take one punch, I promise."

Shuttle Gunner shrugged. "You didn't upset me," he told Tinker. "What you said was true. Why would the truth bother me?"

Scrapper gestured toward the other end of the empty area outside the hospital building. "Over there," he said. "Sorted by which body parts are damaged, if at all possible."

Hate Plague Danger Zone

Rage felt his armour plating shake as Breakdown attacked him with his vibration field, but the Stormtrooper's body was too durable (and too used to abuse) for it to slow him down. Steering wildly away from the Stunticon's fire, he caught sight of the Terrorcons. Terrorcons, he noted, that were nearly killing him with their half-assed marksmanship.

"Morons."

Slamming on his breaks to avoid skidding right into the wall of fire they were putting up, he fired his acid cannons at the ground around Breakdown in the hopes of destroying his tires. He would have simply shot the smaller Decepticon with his fusion rifle, but with the mechanical disruptions he was experiencing the weapon was as likely to explode in his hands as anything.

Fireflight mulled over what Blast Off had to say. "Well in that case, consider the Decepticons well and truly insulted."

Ultra Magnus nodded curtly to Sixshot, then grabbed Jackpot by the arm. He transformed, the smaller Autobot draping across the rear of his truck cab as he drove out of the cloud.

"Where should I take him?" he asked Perceptor.

Target Hawk listlessly swatted at the dart as if it were a particularly bothersome insect, then froze up as the serum entered his fuel.

Imperial Landing Zone

Sandstorm flattened himself against Shock's hull, grinning wildly as the cannon fire cut through the air above him. When there was a break in the fire, though, he moved quickly. Pulling himself back up until he was centred above the tear in the Imperial's hull, he pulled out his sandblaster gun, shoved the barrel into the hole and started spraying sand into whichever of Shock's internal mechanisms were now exposed.

Skydive and Air Raid split up as they looped around for another strafing run. Air Raid climbed, driving high up in the air while his wingman dove down below the line of ruined buildings. With the practised ease that only came with years of flight experience in the same squadron, the two flyers broke at exactly the same moment, reorienting themselves on Wave and unleashing a spread of missiles on him from two different directions.

The Lunatic Fringe

Starscream's optics widened as he saw what Springer was trying, but the seeker was nothing if not agile. Snapping around in mid-punch, he spun at the waist. Not only did the move pull his hand back out of danger, but it swung his leg around in a kick that would snap Springer's sword in half if it landed.

"Why are you even here, Triplechanger? Didn't you run away like a worthless coward after the last time one of your precious Primes got you killed?"

Thunderwing scoffed at Misfire. "You say that as if you have a choice," he laughed at the Targetmaster. "Do you suppose the Imperials wanted to to serve me? But they fell under my thrall all the same. And so shall the lot of you. Lord Thunderwing, the master of the Decepticon Matrix, wills it so!"

The Pretender pushed himself up off the ground and, seeing Prime coming, leaped to meet the Autobot leader head on.

"Bully to that!" he shouted. "To face me is to face your end, Optimus Prime. Your end, and the end of your pathetic Autobot line. After I've snuffed you, your Autobot Matrix is next!"

Triggerhappy grinned at Misfire. "Hey, I'm never one to pass up an easy target. And hell, they move less if they don't see you coming, am I right?"

Slugslinger brought up Caliburst to fire on his target again, but when he pulled the Nebulan's trigger he wasn't met with the satisfying ratta-tat of flying lead. What he heard instead was the one sound that every gunslinger dreads.

Click. Click.

"No ammo," he muttered. Thunderwing obviously saw it, because the shell he'd been shooting at grinned with it's needle-sharp teeth before bull-rushing him.

"Uh...no thanks!"

The cowardly Targetmaster turned tail and ran for the nearest cover, fumbling as he tried to draw a fresh magazine out of the storage compartment in his left leg.

"So what now?" Needlenose asked as he got Spinister back up to his feet.

"Good question." Spinister cast his glance around the room before seeing a purple figure lying in the corner, unconscious. "Now, we try to wake up Cyclonus. We need all the help we can get."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Constructicon Hospital

"Get outta here." Long Haul waved dismissively at Snarl. "I've got repairing to do."

"So Hubcap it is from now on then." Long Haul turned to Skysickle, spotted Swindle's corpse among the pile of corpses, and chuckled. "At least he'll have good aftermarket value. Hey Brawl, y'wanna sell Swindle parts to humans or something?"

"Shove it up your exhaust pipe!" The other Combaticon roared from the other end of the hospital. "And if you even think of defacing Onslaught's body..."

"Eesh, was trying to be nice."

Tinker chuckled as he began to cut open Great Cannon's body, removing the internal biomechanisms that are still feasible for use, and placing it where Scrapper had directed him to. "If only we were all as stoic as you are, Shuttle Gunner..."

Hate Plague Danger Zone

Breakdown was screaming all the while. Hun-Grrr and the Terrorcons' fire were not hitting him, but explosions explosions explosions oh god oh primus oh god

They are all out to get him

Breakdown saw Rage's blast of acid spray onto the ground immediately in front of him, and he instinctively banked aside -- not known as Stunticons for nothing, if Breakdown had been sane, he would've dodged the acid pool immediately. However, he moved to close, and parts of his left door melted straight off.

Screaming incoherently, he swiveled his scatter-blasters backwards and continued spraying fire in the general direction of Rage and the Terrorcons.

"I feel insulted." Blast Off replied to Fireflight happily. "Do you feel insulted, Sixshot?"

"I do not stoop so low as to trade simple racial and factional insults with weak-minded, immature Autobot fools." Sixshot replied, giving Blast Off a mildly amused look.

"That there is an insult to the Autobots. I feel insulted again."

"True." Sixshot agreed. "Magnus, if you would carry Target Hawk with you -- that's the Vortex-like Decepticon -- I would appreciate it. Take them both and get out of the cloud. Perceptor and Point Blank will guide you."

"Should we, um, you know, stop them? They'll kill each other." Blast Off said, pointing at Rage, Breakdown and the Terrorcons.

"They are unstable scum who have nothing but battle in their heads. Curs without honour. The Decepticon cause will have no use for unstable buffoons like the Stunticons and Terrorcons if we are to have peace in the future... less so now that they have lost their ability to combine."

"Glad to see you haven't gone soft."

Imperial Landing Zone

(OOC: Chip, Shock's in his boat mode. :))

Shock groaned as Topspin's attacks tore onto him, while Sandstorm's attacks filled his internal circuits with sand. Combined with Broadside's weight, the damage was causing Shock to tilt towards the side, losing altitude slowly and certainly.

The one remaining cannon opened fire, but due to the Wreckers swarming it, it was firing at empty ground, crumbling an empty, derelict building in the process.

Some of the smaller turrets were blown apart by Topspin's charge, and auto-targetting systems were shutting down due to the sand attacks.

"Wreckers, kill it!" Broadside yelled, and then in a lower growl, "This is going to hurt. A lot." Broadside thrust his arm into the gap he made on Shock, and started randomly puling out wires and metal pieces, throwing them out into the air.

The barely-functional wreck of what was Wave groaned as it attempted to get up, barely a shell, but Air Raid and Skydive's missile barrage slammed onto it, causing eruptions to tear it apart, turning him into a line of burning red fireballs.

The Lunatic Fringe

Springer growled as Starscream reacted faster than he expected, forcing him to leap backwards in a sidestep, causing Starscream's kick to swing through the air harmlessly.

"Unlike you, Starscream, I'm capable of change. I don't do what didn't work the last time. Or, in your case, the last five hundred times. Tell me, when has backstabbing your leaders ever work out for you?" Springer sneered, as he pulled out his wind-tunnel cannon with his left hand and opened fire on Starscream, attempting to knock him into a wall, or better yet, one of the Thunderwing shells.

"Really? I'm sick of being told what I can do and what I can't." Misfire replied to Thunderwing. "Really, after everything that's happened this week? You don't even scare me now, voodoo guy."

Misfire turned to Triggerhappy and shook his head, but before he could reply, he saw Slugslinger running away from one of the Thunderwing shells. "Happyface, cover me- I'm going to save Sluggy."

The Targetmaster charged towards the Thunderwing shell, ejecting the empty thermal clip and reloading his own weapon, but attempting to bull-rush the Thunderwing shell away from Slugslinger, at least to give Slugslinger time to reload -- or for Triggerhappy to, hopefully, kill the shell.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The Lunatic Fringe

"Thunderwing," said Optimus Prime, "your Matrix has - if nothing else - loosened your vocal processor..."

As the Autobot Leader lunged forward, he pulled his arm back, feigning to upper-cut Thunderwing with his right -- before swiftly side-stepping and driving his left elbow to the back of the Pretender's head.

Hoist's Shuttle

Hoist took a seat at the side of his patient's slab, bringing his laser scalpel and tweezers to the gash on Searchlight's back. He slouched forward, his visor narrowing while he examined the wound once more.

"Left rotator cuff is torn, and...ah ha, a severed energon conduit right there. Probably should close that up first...."

With his tongs, the Autobot mechanic pinched the bisected fuel line, holding it to its other severed half, and proceeded to fuse them back together.

Until Searchlight had brought it to his attention, Hoist had all but forgotten that the doorway to the adjoining morgue had been left wide open. Worse, his patient espied Freeway - another Throttlebot - resting inside one of the stored stasis pods.

"Damn! I know better than that. Think next time, Hoist! Think!"

The mechanic leaned to his side and peered over Searchlight's arm, furrowing his brow.

"Mm, yes, Freeway. He's -- I had him fitted with a place holder powercore to maintain his vitals, but--" He paused to carefully choose his words. "Comatose doesn't quite explain it. It's -- it's, well, complicated. Basically," Hoist explained, "there are two energy conductors that keep our sparks ignited. And between them, is a gap. It's very tiny and--"

Hoist paused once more and sighed. "Do you know what the 'zero point' is?"

---

Shockwave's mono-optic followed the Imperial flier as he exited the encampment. Had he the capacity to emote, the former-Decepticon would have scowled at Moonjet

"Let Skyquake's fate serve as a reminder, Lesser-Predator," he called out, "that I will not so readily forgive -- but you will assist us in rectifying the epidemic that your master has wrought."

--

Once Moonjet had departed, Shockwave shifted his gaze back down to Hook. "My apologies," he told the Constructicon. "The Lesser-Predator must be made aware of his place...

"As well as the consequences should he fall out of line," Shockwave coldly added.

"Let us resume," he said. "I must insist that we reconsider a more...timely solution. You are certain that you are not in possession of any pressurized tanks or vessels?" the purple cyclopean queried. "A small, standard closed container would suit our purposes -- such as those purposed to store coolants or gases, perhaps...?"

(OOC: These, maybe? You know, like a helium or propane tank.)

Hate Plague Danger Zone

Perceptor shook his head. "How I despise repeating myself..."

"While you remain out there, your risk of reinfection increases," he told Ultra Magnus. "Now, if you would be so kind as to bring the Actionmaster -- oh, and that...green-hued mechanoid," the science officer listlessly added, sweeping his hand dismissively in Target Hawk's direction, "along with yourself to our position."

"And, if your vision is still impaired, your on-board galactic positioning system* suite will guide you. Follow my signal, and worry not -- you are covered."

(OOC: * - I think I died a little writing that.)

---

When it was clear that Target Hawk had been effectively 'cured', Pointblank selected his next target -- or rather, targets.

Not far off from their position, a Hate Plague-induced brawl had broken out between several Protihexians and Combaticons.

One by one, the Autobot sniped off each of the combatants, dispersing Hook's serum among the afflicted....

(OOC: Losing named-characters for Perceptor and Pointblank to cure/target. Breakdown seems to be covered. Am I missing anyone? Are the Terrorcons infected? I still can't tell.)

Southwest Border

(OOC: Think I'll hold off until the Ambulon shows up. Next post I'm thinking :))

---
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hoist's Shuttle

Searchlight had not paid attention to Hoist’s descriptions of the repair process on his own body, but paid very, very close attention to Hoist’s next words, which described Freeway’s state, but they were big words. He didn’t understand them even if he had been cool-minded, and less so now that he was panicking. “Zero point? What- what’s that? Energy conductors? Gap?”

“He’s neither dead nor alive, you mean?” Windcharger spoke up, shaking his head. “Kind of like how we were during the Ark crash?”

Darkjet shook his head as he watched Moonjet leave, and turned to Shockwave. “Moonjet and myself have defected, Lord Shockwave, is it?” Darkjet shuffled, all too familiar with the former Decepticon leader’s exploits through the history lessons. “Our comrades threw us into battle and left us to die. We have no love for the Imperials. We will do whatever is needed to help take our former brethren out.”

“I can vouch for the pink one. He helped the Aerialbots kill one of the Predator captains.” Tinker piped up as he placed several of Great Cannon’s inner components into the spare parts pile.

“Mmm, those Predators are inexperienced amateurs. They lack the savagery required to be a proper Decepticon.” Hook replied to Shockwave with a dismissive snort as his fingers continued to mix chemicals into a vial. “Hopefully they will prove to be helpful, or I would have regretted stopping Bonecrusher from pulverizing them.”

Hook narrowed his optics. “If it were up to me, I’d salvage them for spare parts. But not everyone agrees with me… so I’m going to let them have their way, provided we are allowed to deploy Sixshot on them if they get out of line.”

Hook nodded, “A timely solution is what troubles me indeed. I have had Scavenger take a team to search nearby structures for pressurized vessels, but since he had not returned with every scrap of metal resembling a tank, I suspect that we really do not have any nearby. Perhaps elsewhere in the city?” Hook pondered. “Coolant vessels? The CR chambers we have may be able to be disassembled and retro-engineered, but I am uncertain of the quality of the vessels, or indeed if our patients would survive without CR chambers.”

“Maybe the Autobots have some in their shuttle?” Long Haul jerked a finger at Hoist’s shuttle. “Theirs are in a far better shape than ours are, anyway. It hasn’t crash-landed, for one.”

Hate Plague Danger Zone

(OOC: That’s about all the named characters, really. The Terrorcons aren’t infected. Yet. Rage is, though he is in control like Sixshot was. Breakdown is as well, and the Decepticons are trying to murder him.)
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Constructicon Hospital

Snarl glared at Long Haul, but didn't move. Instead he looked over at Brawl and asked, "Do you want me to hold his arms so that you can beat him?"

Shuttle Gunner shrugged. "Great Cannon is gone," he said reasonably. "The part of him that mattered, anyway. If his body can help you save someone else, how could I begrudge you that? It's not what he would have wanted."

Hate Plague Danger Zone

Rage accelerated again, ignoring the scatter blaster fire that drilled holes in his windshield as he sped after the other Decepticon. Breakdown had a head start, but Rage was faster and he slowly closed the distance between the two of them. All the while, he fired blasts of acid at the other car.

(OOC: Rage isn't trying to murder anyone. Just, you know, shoot them until they stop moving. :glance:)

(OOC: Um...Magnus already left the cloud, guys. He's asking what to do with the half-dead Autobot that he took with him...)

Ultra Magnus sighed, frustrated by his friend's usual obtuse manner. "Yes Perceptor, I realize that, which is why I already left. But since I didn't drag Jackpot out of there just to watch him die because we can't get him medical treatment, kindly dispense with the misplaced condescension and tell me where our medics have set up shop."

Ultra Magnus was already gone, having driven Jackpot away to safety before Sixshot had addressed him. Apparently no one else realized that, though. Fireflight didn't understand how, because he was usually the guy who didn't know what was going on.

Sighing, he said, "I guess I'll save him. Lucky thing that Skydive made sure we were all equipped with those rheanawhatisit tow cables."

The Aerialbot shot the cable down, snagging Target Hawk and carrying him out of the danger zone.

Imperial Landing Zone

Sandstorm grinned and said, "You know it!" in response to Broadside's instructions. Raising his borrowed axe with both hands, he brought it down on Shock's hull with a heavy chopping motion again and again and again.

Air Raid watched Wave go down in a wreath of flame.

"So what did they need us for again?" he asked Skydive rhetorically.

The Aerialbot leader's only response was a soft chuckle.

The Lunatic Fringe

Starscream screeched laughter at Springer. "Megatron is dead and I now lead the Decepticons, fool!" he told the Wrecker. "I would say that it worked out just perfectly, wouldn't you?"

"Then it's a shame your opinion doesn't matter," Thunderwing told Misfire. "You'll be mine, just like everyone else on this pitiful excuse for a planet."

Triggerhappy opened fire on the shell that Misfire was engaging, but compressed air was no match for a Pretender. It did, however, stagger the shell enough that Misfire was able to knock it to the ground.

Slugslinger finished reloading, but by that point Misfire was in his line of sight. A day ago he would have happily shot through his former teammate, but after having Misfire back in the fold for this battle he wisely held off and waited for an opening.

Thunderwing took the blow from Optimus firmly in the side of the head, but he wasn't staggered. The Matrix gave him strength and muted pain. With it, no one could defeat him. He was unbeatable and indefatigable. He was the Chosen One, and he would live out his destiny. No other outcome was acceptable.

"I tire of this foolishness, Prime. You cannot stop me. No one can. This game ends now. And the first pieces I'll claim are one that you should have ended long ago, and one that you already have!"

Starscream saw the spear of dark purple energy coming, but Springer's wind cannon pushed him directly into it. The Decepticon leader didn't even have time to scream before the energy tore through his new body, vaporizing most of his torso and leaving a hollow shell to drop down to the floor devoid of life. Whether his spark had been destroyed by the divine energy or simply set free again in ghost form wasn't immediately clear, and the blast carried on unabated on a course for Springer.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Constructicon Hospital

Brawl shrugged at Snarl as he shoved a cart of salvaged weapons out to Breacher and the other Combaticons. "Maybe later, Dinobot. We need these Constructicons to repair the city. Then we can beat him up."

Long Haul snorted, but he had already moved a significant distance away from where Snarl was standing.

"Mm-hmm." Tinker replied to Shuttle Gunner. "Very noble of you. By the way, Shuttle Gunner, are you injured? Do you require repairs?" The Seeker gestured at Sandstorm's body, "I think you can see him. Doubt he'll wake up any time soon, though."

Hate Plague Danger Zone

Breakdown screamed.

Or maybe it was his tires or the general movement of metal parts that screamed.

Maybe it was simply the audible whine of his breakdown field.

Maybe it was all of them.

Regardless, Rage's acid blasts struck home this time, slamming onto Breakdown's rear, eating its way through Breakdown's armour. Screaming, screaming, screaming, Breakdown transformed reflexively into robot mode, ejecting the damaged vehicle mode pieces as he did so.

The Stunticon turned around, pulled his scatter-blaster and opened fire at Rage, finding a focus for his anger.

"STOP LOOKING AT ME"

Sixshot transformed into robot mode and landed next to Magnus. "The Hate Plague fog seems to be getting thicker. It's affecting my visual sensors."

The six-changer folded his arms. "It is... good to see that you have survived, Ultra Magnus. It would be a waste if you died because of this dishonourable Imperial trickery."

Blast Off shook his head. "I don't even want to know how you got Rheumanium. Did you guys go all genocide an entire planet to get them? 'Cause that was what we did before, you know. Damn Darkwing, he was a big showoff."

The Combaticon followed Fireflight as he rescued the Vortex-escue Decepticon out of the Hate Plague. Blast Off felt... something. Was that regret for not being able to save Vortex? Probably.

Feelings are... not something he really dwelt on.

Imperial Landing Zone

Broadside jammed his plasma rifle into a gap on Shock's other cannon, and opened fire again and again and again until his rifle's ammunition is spent, and let out a whoop of satisfaction as Shock's second cannon exploded.

The Lunatic Fringe

Misfire pointedly ignored Thunderwing, since he was focused on body-slamming the Thunderwing shell to the ground. The Targetmaster immediately rolled aside, to allow Slugslinger and Triggerhappy to destroy the shell.

"Kill it! Kill it!" Misfire yelled, pulling out his own ion rifle and firing blindly in the general direction of the shell.

"I pity the Decepticons." Springer replied to Starscream with a snarl. "But at least rainbow chopper over there is smart enough to know- "

Springer's words died in his mouth as the dark purple energy slammed onto Starscream, through him, and towards Springer. Springer's optics widened. His first thought was the fact that he's helped kill Starscream. The second was...

"Not again."

Springer lunged aside, but he was not fast enough, as the dark energy lanced through the left side of his body. The dark energy coursed through him, and Springer screamed as it moved through his body. Then he fell onto his side.

The Matrix's energy had blown a massive hole through the left side of Springer's chest and abdomen, and among the visible, twitching mechanisms exposed, his spark was visible, beating weakly. So very weakly. Springer's vision was fuzzy, his mouth hung open, his face had been burnt off, he couldn't feel any of his legs or transformation cog, he was pretty sure his left arm was vaporized...

He tried to speak, and a gurgle came out. His eyes blinked, unfocused, as they alternated between grey and a weak blue.

He tried to find Thunderwing. Damn it, he had to kill Thunderwing. He had to, before Thunderwing destroys the universe! He needed to be a hero.

Optimus Prime... Optimus needs his help.

Gun?

No, the left hand was holding it.

Sword?

Springer's fingers twitched, but he couldn't feel his trusty blade. It probably had fallen somewhere away from him.

He's probably going to die. In a more undignified way than simply being vaporized the first time around. He couldn't feel the pain, at least, which was something.

Images flew through his head, the sum of his life so far. Being inducted into the Wreckers, Impactor, the Time Wars, Autobot City, Hot Rod and Arcee, the Decepticon attack, Junk, Unicron, the Civil War, death, rebirth... disjointed images. People screaming at him, people shooting at him... people dying around him...

Impactor. Whirl. Twin Twist. Blurr.

Arcee.

The thought of his closest friend gave Springer a second wind of sorts. His remaining arm twitched, and began dragging his ruined body across the room, towards Thunderwing, while energon leaked out of the gaping hole in his chest. He was going to die... but not today. Today needs no corpse. Today needs a hero.

And dammit, he's got better things to do tonight than die.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Constructicon Hospital

Snarl shrugged. "OK, if you say so. But there's, like, eight of them. I'm sure they wouldn't miss one."

He looked at the cart of weapons Brawl was carrying and asked, "You need any help? Guns, I know."

Shuttle Gunner shook his head. "I am fully functional," he told Tinker. "Physically at least."

He glanced over at the prone Sandstorm, feeling something that he supposed was sadness but also happiness that his friend had survived whatever surgery the Constructicons had subjected him to.

Hate Plague Danger Zone

"Make me." Rage charged toward Breakdown, his wheels smoking as he continued to accelerate. The Stunticon's fire deflected off of Rage's thick armour, leaving burns and scars but not causing any serious damage to the durable Stormtrooper.

When he'd closed range with the lesser Decepticon, Rage transformed as well. His vehicle-mode momentum still carrying him forward at nearly a hundred miles an hour, he jumped at Breakdown with his arms spread wide for a tackle.

"Your sentiments fill me with indifference, Decepticon," Ultra Magnus told Sixshot flatly. "Now are you going to tell me where to take the injured, or not? Because if I have to wait here until they die, I will make you pay for it."

The Lunatic Fringe

Slugslinger flinched out of habit as Misfire aimed a gun in his general direction, waiting for the pain that would inevitably follow...but somehow, unbelievably, the other Decepticon actually hit his target.

"Huh?" A surprised Slugslinger just stared for a second before he joined in shooting at Thunderwing's shell.

Triggerhappy just grinned. "Been practising, Misfire? Good mech."

Thunderwing watched Starscream fall, watched Springer crumple in a heap behind him and slowly struggle to his feet. He was impressed, mildly, when the Autobot lurched toward him even with probably a third of his body mass destroyed.

Not impressed enough to spend time fighting him, though.

A force cage sprung up between himself and the Autobot, woven from the dark energies of the Decepticon Matrix. The sizzling purple energy would blunt the Autobot's advance and (at least, in Thunderwing's sick and twisted mind) would ensure that the Autobot would slowly leak to death instead of going out in a heroic blaze of glory -- the ultimate insult to one of his ilk.

"Now then, Optimus...where were we?"
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The Lunatic Fringe

Optimus Prime clasped his hands together, forming a double-fist, and raised them above Thunderwing, readying to drive them down onto the Pretender's back...

But, from the corner of his vision, the Autobot Leader witnessed Starscream fall to a spear of dark-energy -- and the same attack lance through Springer.

The Wrecker, however, continued to advance, in spite of his grievous injuries. "Springer, no!" Prime shouted, lowering his arms. "Stay away, that's an order!"

The Matrix-bearer made a deep, inarticulate sound, aiming a double-fisted punch squarely at Thunderwing's jaw. "That's enough!"

Hoist's Shuttle

Hoist shook his head. "No, not exactly," he told Windcharger. "What the occupants of the Ark experienced was a sort-of emergency stasis lock. The zero-point, like I mentioned, is a near-invisible gap between the spark and said energy conductors. Alignment has to be just right, or else the spark..."

The Autobot mechanic flashed his optics back to Searchlight and sighed. "The spark...will fade. I'm sorry."

Hoist worked his laser scalpel on the Throttlebot's back while he continued. "There still is hope," he said. "There are procedures -- extensive procedures, mind you -- that might help. But, I don't dare do it here - not with this equipment, and honestly it's not really in my field of expertise. Sparks are more of Ratchet or First Aid's thing. And, since Ratchet is busy with the refugees, Freeway would have to be transferred to the IMR..."

He thoughtfully paused for a moment, then went on, "Couldn't hurt, I suppose," said Hoist, "but, they say comatose patients sometimes respond to emotional triggers. Just a thought."

---

Shockwave glowered down at Darkjet. "You may yet be vindicated -- but I intend to hold you to that," he told the Predator. "And please...the appellative 'Lord' does not apply. If you must, address me by my standard designation."

The former-Decepticon moved his optic to the exit of the encampment, toward the small Autobot Shuttle that was parked nearby. "Yes, stasis pods would suffice ," he then answered Hook. "I shall speak with Hoist. Considering the need, it is a reasonable request. He will comply."

Shockwave turned away from the Constructicon and started for the exit. "I shall return momentarily."

Hate Plague Danger Zone

(OOC: Whoops :o Sorry, Warcry. Still fits Percy's character, but I must've misread.)

Perceptor cocked his brow. "Condescension?" he answered Ultra Magnus, shrugging. "Oh...I hadn't realized."

Pointblank snorted. "I find that hard to believe."

"At any rate," the science officer raised his voice, a slight note of irritation in his tone, "the Constructicons and Hoist have set up an encampment, not too terribly far from here. I will transmit you the coordinates," he told the Autobot Commander. "Though, I have little doubt Iacon has brought their own rescue convoy with them..."

Nonchalantly, Perceptor raised the scope of his rifle to his optic, setting his sights on Breakdown and Rage, while adding, "Why not contact them, if you have not done so already?"

Southwest Border

Having cautiously taken the long way around the entire city-state, the Aesculapius arrived at the southwest border, docking a fair, safe distance behind the perimeter guard -- and the battle being waged between Shock and the Autobot forces.

The medical frigate's bay door dropped, and from the boarding ramp glided down five medics - all in the requisite Autobot red and white plating - each riding on top of MARBS.

Flanked from both sides was the Aesculapius' lead medical officer, Ambulon; best known at the IMR for being "a real gearstick" and his uneven paintwork.

He raised hand above his optics and squinted. "Over there," he told the accompanying Autobots, pointing toward the carnage. "Let's spread out."

Ambulon's MARB lurched forward and raced toward the combat zone, the four medical officers following suit.

---

Noticing the approaching medical unit, Guzzle called out, "Ambulon's here! Let's give 'em cover while they pick up the wounded!"

---
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hoist's Shuttle

Windcharger tilted his head, and shook his head. “I think Ratchet told me something about it before. Went over my head, probably. Searchlight, I’m sorry. For what it’s worth.”

Searchlight was mute, looking at his feet, and the scratched-up bodywork adorning his relatively large feet. He mutely listened to Hoist as he explained procedures… talking about hope and all that. Had he not been the subject of a spark transplant before? It was excruciatingly painful, but he survived. And he had meant to destroy Abominus… what did Freeway nearly die of?

“Who… who did this to him?” Searchlight asked, voice quiet. “Do you know, Hoist? And… he’s going to be stable, right? It’s not a ‘transport him now or die’ situation?” Searchlight shook his head, looking down. “I’ve always thought the first one of us to buy the farm would be Rollbar, that showoff idiot. Or Wide Load. Or happy Chase. Or me. I’ve never thought that sarcastic twit Freeway would ever… well, you know?”

Darkjet nodded. “My comrade and I are prepared to do any task you wish us to do.” The Predator said. “Your… standard designation? Military Commander?”

“He means his name, hatchling.” Long Haul called out derisively.

“Ah.”

Hook had ignored the lesser Darkjet, and had his brows furrowed in concentration as he considered how exactly to reverse-engineer stasis CR pods into a dispersal engine. Fill the stasis pods with the cure, then launch them into the cloud at strategically located positions, then allow each to eject the pressurized cure within… no, that would only work if they had multiple CR pods…

Scrapper.” Hook said, turning to his team leader. “We require Mixmaster to continue synthesizing the cure in large amounts. I loathe to make this suggestion but we need to wake him up. I would also like to use one of our CR pods. Are there any patients who we could offline without upsetting too much people?” Hook glanced at Bonecrusher. “Or, alternatively, we could get to work on Bonecrusher, freeing the pod for reverse-engineering into a dispersal agent…”

Tinker nodded at Shuttle Gunner. “Physically? So, other than that…” The Seeker waited for the other Decepticon to answer him, leaving the prompt a hanging question.

Brawl turned to Snarl and shrugged. “He’s the one that gets to do all the slag transport job and keeps glitching about it. I’m sure it’ll do Scrapper and Hook a favour if we tied him up and dump him in the Rust Sea or something.”

Long Haul made a razzing noise as he moved to Sky High’s body and began to pry the Pretender open.

Brawl gestured at the cart of weapons. “Things are salvaged from the, um, from out dead comrades. Road Hugger told me to sort them out and distribute them among the Combaticons and Autobots.” Brawl shrugged as he glanced at Steamhammer and Undertow helping a wounded civilian into the medical compound. “Mostly I think he wants me to keep an eye on things here, and he doesn’t trust any of the juniors yet. It sounds like something Onslaught would do, though.”

Hate Plague Danger Zone

“STOP LOOKING AT ME” Breakdown screeched again, as he ducked away from Rage’s tackle… or tried to, anyway. The plague had seeped so deep into his systems it’s hampering his normal reflexes with the desire to take the fight to Rage.

So instead of ducking, he made a half-hearted attempt to clobber Rage in the face, an attempt that failed completely as Rage tackled him onto the ground, the impact crushing several panels on his body.

The six-changer made no show of being annoyed or amused with Ultra Magnus’s angry retort. The soldier had been through a lot, and he has never been known as the jolly among the Autobots.

Perceptor has told you what you need to know, I believe. If I may… the younger Autobot will reach medical attention faster with my- or one of their- jet modes.” Sixshot pointed at Fireflight and Blast Off.

Southwest Border

Shock continued to tilt as the Wreckers assaulted its hull, its remaining weaponry firing ordnances wildly towards the Autobots. Drift turned to Guzzle and nodded as he darted near the immobile and wounded, blades whirling as they deflected laser fire from reaching them.

Broadside, Sandstorm and Topspin’s assault has caused the vessel to lose altitude. “Wreckers, bail!” Broadside yelled as he planted his feet against Shock and launched himself away, gun firing away at Shock’s hull as he did so. “Just like how we killed the Tremorcon gestalt, come on!”

The Lunatic Fringe

“All part of my grand plan, Slugslinger.” Misfire told the other Targetmaster, a self-satisfied grin on his face as he continued to open fire at the Thunderwing shell, moving away to make himself a separate target from his two wingmates. He noticeably sent out less bursts of ion pulses than Triggerhappy or Slugslinger, but at least not all of them went slamming onto the terrain.

And none hit Slugslinger, which was a bigger achievement than anything he did today.

Misfire chuckled at Triggerhappy. “I have been practicing since day one, Happyface, it’s just that this is the first time I used a gun that wasn’t a dipstick of a Nebulan.”

Misfire glanced around. "Needlenose, Spinister, you guys all right?"

Springer’s optics widened slightly as he saw the force cage materialize out of dark energy. No, damn it no. He was not going to be kept out of the main fight! He was not going to be denied!

“Nuuuhh-” Springer said as he lurched towards the force cage, pulling himself along with his one arm. He either could not hear or did not obey Optimus Prime’s command, and he balled his hand into a fist and slammed it onto the writhing dark purple energies that comprised the cage.

Energon levels at 42%.

Springer made a stunted half-yell as the dark energy backlashed onto his arm, running from his fist onto his shoulder and onto his face, blowing panels apart, sending circuitry blowing up and forced him to skid across the room, energon pouring out of the gaping holes on the side of his face and chest.

Energon levels at 33%.

“Phrrrmmm” Springer gurgled as the joints on his jaw popped apart. One of his optics cracked, revealing the ball-like mechanism underneath the glass… but both this and his good optic were more focused than ever, taking in the force cage, Optimus Prime and Thunderwing

Energon levels at 28%.