[New RPG] World at War: The Siege of Iacon

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

((ooc: alright, think this is everyone except for Knock Out, still waiting on Clench for that. Let me know if I missed any interactions))

South East Border, Iacon

"They went down into Vector Sigma and haven't come out yet, that's all we know," Terabolt would answer to Prowl when she had a moment between assaulting the Vehicons at distance with rubble. "The complex and the interior of the computer itself are heavily shielded, and there's no communication equipment, save for the Keeper himself coming up to chat, which he hasn't done in quite some time."

Terabolt took a silent moment to concentrate on a particularly large piece of rubble to toss at the oncoming troops, but the results were becoming less effective by the minute. The vehicons weren't stupid, and they were getting on their toes about avoiding the rubble, but it was still slowing them down.

"Can only keep this up so long," She warned to Prowl. "Especially when they get close. Might take some of your guys out as well. Hope you got other stuff ready."

Skies, near Nemesis

Dirge laughed briefly as Ramjet took the hit and came right out of it. Maybe the guy was as durable as he was bragging. It was time for him to show his stuff as well, but perhaps not so close to the shuttle - he couldn't prevent his allies from feeling the effects, but he didn't want them to take the full blast of it.

"Steel yourself and watch the fun," Dirge called out to the other seeker, maneuvering himself a short distance from the shuttle and activating his wail engines, letting loose the fear-inducing sound flood the air of the battle field.

((ooc: How close do you think we are to the Tagan Heights guys? Close enough to feel the effects or not?"))

Vector Sigma

"I envision nothing," The Keeper told Orion. "I see that which Vector Sigma provides to me, and it too cannot see things clearly. So few of the events of the future are set so solid as to be seen clearly, but the shadows of images of things to come are there. There is but one thing that is painfully clear, and that is the coming darkness, and the necessity for war..."

The Keeper began to turn from them again, not so much to turn away from them, but to instead turn towards Vector Sigma's core, approaching the heart of the massive computer. "But there is one thing that has ben spoken true - the coming conflict must be balanced for the necessary change. There is no reason to give advantage to one or the other. That must develop on its own, if it so be Primus's will..."

The Keeper would hold his hand over one of the components of Vector Sigma, not physically touching it, but some sort of exchange of energy seeming to happen between them as a form of communication.

Vector Computer Node, Kaon

[INDENT]Command Sequence from Vector Sigma Acknowledged
Full System Shut Down Initialized
Core Components and Vector Complex Lockdown Commencing
All Staff Please Evacuate - 30 Seconds Remaining
[/INDENT]
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Arsenal

"I understand that you're pressed for time," Wheeljack replied to Sentinel, "believe me I do, but you have to understand that if Magnus' systems doesn't accept the upgrade, we'll have a bigger problem on our hands than a Decepticon six changer."

Diagnostic checks on Magnus' armor just finished up. Everything was in the green and judging from the results it looks like Magnus' internal systems have accepted the upgrade.

"I'm positive that the armor itself will hold and it can take quite a punch, so physical testing will only prove just that. The biggest test will be Magnus simply getting off the table and to start walking."

Magnus started to move his arms and tried to sit himself up. The medics offered to help him, but Magnus declined. This was something he had to do himself.

"And just for your information, I will not send him out to battle if he doesn't have his full range of motion. Magnus is a very experienced soldier so it probably won't take long for him to adapt, but until he does, the doors to Arsenal remain closed."

"I appreciate your concern, Wheeljack," Magnus said to the scientist," but there's no need to bicker over my health. Save that energy for the enemy." Magnus turned to Sentinel. "It will be done, Sentinel Prime," Magnus replied to his commander. "What's the current status of the other Elite Guard units? Are all on standby? If my recovery is taking too long, have Talonflame take command of said units until I arrive."

In the meantime, Wheeljack called up the specs for the shield generators. "The entire southern wall??" Wheeljack scratched his head as he processed the question. "For that, you're going to need a serious amount of power. About the same amount power that's being used for the War Academy alone. Anything less and the Decepticons will be through the barrier in no time."

War room, Sentinel Prime Defense base

"You're seriously asking a damaged Omega Supreme to engage the enemy?" Kup said surprised to Sentinel. "Don't we have any other options? We should focus on getting Omega repaired first before we ask him to assist us in battle. What do you think, Rapido?"

South East border, Iacon

"You don't have to ask for my permission, Prowl. Do it," Jazz said who was too preoccupied with the incoming motorcycle Vehicons that advanced on his position. "If it slows them down, then do it."

An overzealous motorcycle Vehicon charged at Jazz, but Jazz made short work of the mech with a swift roundhouse kick. The Vehicon transformed, but couldn't avoid getting shot through the head by Jazz's rifle.

"Battalion Alpha and Beta! Form a line and stand ready! When the signal is given, we're going to charge these glitches and push them back to the pit they came from! And trust me, you'll know what the signal is when you see it," he shouted to the troops, making sure they were ready to attack.

"I'm going to lead this charge," Jazz said to Prowl. "If something goes wrong, I still have the EMP-grenade Wheeljack gave me that was meant to take out Sixshot. I do hope that you have more surprises up your sleeve though, because I prefer not to use it."

Springer turned his head to Prowl. "It's not confidence I'm lacking," he said to Prowl with a smile on his face. "It's a numbers game right now and from the looks of things it seems that they have the upper hand. Though that has never stopped me."

Springer turned around and pointed to the Elite Guardsman with an aerial mode that was closest to him. "You heard the mech, you're my back up. Let's blast some 'Cons out of the sky!" he said as he transformed into helicopter mode and started to engage the enemy. "Hit and run tactics! Let's wreck 'em!"

Sentinel Prime Defense Base

Thundercracker gave Skywarp a nod when the latter greeted him. "Quite the party this turned out to be," he said to the purple and black mech, knowing that Skywarp never really was serious about anything. "Even got to fight the Prime for a couple of cycles. The Autobots didn't torture you for information, did they?"

Tagan Heights

"Because their defenses are more formidable than we've expected," Tarantulas replied to Scorponok. "From the looks of things, the scientists that we supposed to be killed in Kaon have successfully upgraded their systems. Something, I think, Obsidian might have forgotten to count upon," he continued as he looked up at Obsidian who wasn't within listening distance.

"Couple that with the fact that high ranking Autobot officers have joined their troops on the front lines boosts their morale, making them fight not only harder, but smarter too. I wouldn't be surprised if the Autobots were holding back as much as they can just to see what we are going to offer them. It's a simple strategy."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Room, Sentinel Prime Defence Base

"I'm not asking a damaged Omega Supreme to engage the enemy." Sentinel Prime replied to Kup. "I'm sending repair teams up, remember? I'm asking a repaired Omega Supreme to engage the enemy. I'm not that reckless."

Sentinel Prime then turned to the conversation with Wheeljack, and resisted snapping at the inventor until he finished talking. The Prime elected to observe Magnus in the background of the comm-screen instead of trying to respond to the inventor. "It's not your call to make, inventor." Sentinel Prime replied. "But I do agree with your sentiments. If Magnus can't move properly, he's a liability."

Sentinel then addressed Magnus directly. "That is the spirit, Commander Magnus. All your Elite Guard units are on standby. Air Patrols Alpha through Eta are engaging the enemy on the Southern front... and I am sorry to inform you Talonflame's Beta patrol has just been... taken out by a group of Seeker insurgents. We're dealing with it right now. The rest of the Guard is on standby."

Sentinel then addressed Wheeljack once more. "Leave the power problem to me. I am, after all, Prime now, and we're in a state of emergency. The warehouse and business districts are basically empty now that everyone's rushing to their homes. I will authorize the rerouting of power from both to be rerouted to wherever you need. Can you do it in enough speed, though?"

South East border, Iacon

Prowl shook his head at Terabolt's words. "I've never been a fan of the extremely hierarchical and secretive chain of command among the Knights. Extremely... ineffective when a node is compromised. Look at the sheer amount of these troopers they made."

Prowl chuckled. "Knight Terabolt, if there is a lesson which I took to heart more from my teachers... it's to always be prepared with tricks up one's proverbial sleeve." He turned to Jazz and nodded. "Roger that, Jazz."

Safely behind the cover of a group of Autotroopers, Prowl clipped his gun onto his hip and pulled out his datapad. Hopefully Soundwave doesn't have that much control yet... two quick presses of buttons, and the landmines set over the terrain occupied by the siege engines would detonate. If they don't outright destroy the Decepticon siege engines, then the resulting explosion and the unused tunnels below would at the very least make a cave-in and incapacitate them.

Would also be very useful to slow down the car and motorcycle Vehicons. Prowl was just grateful he had the foresight to make the landmines only be able to be detonated through his datapad, else the scorpion drones would've put all his efforts to waste.

"Autotrooper squad Kappa, get down here and form up with me and the Knight! We will lay suppressing fire for the other squads!" Prowl called out. As Autotroopers leaped off the walls and formed up, he turned to Terabolt and said, "Would probably ease off the flying boulders now that Jazz's leading a charge."

He turned to Jazz. "Good hunting -- and don't worry. I do have a lot of surprises left. I just hope I don't get to use them all, or we might not have much of a city left."

He then nodded at Springer as the triple-changer moved off with the Elite Guardsmen to engage the fliers. "You have the element of experience... and a second alternate mode. Take them out."

Sentinel Prime Defense Base

"Torture! Hah! They're Autobots. What do you think?" Skywarp snorted, the goofy smile receding a little. "In any case, I only screamed and laughed and shouted at any attempt they did to make me talk. Goddamn hypocrites."

Skywarp grinned again. "You fought the Prime, Blue? Awesome. I did too, but that shield of his blocked my grenade. I did blow up an armory room, though- OW!" Skywarp yelled as a shot nicked his shoulder. "Damned Autobots!"

Tagan Heights

Scorponok shook his head. "The old general may be outdated, but he's not that much of an idiot. The autoguns might have been upgraded, but that's not really going to do much but kill a couple extra squads of Vehicons." He paused. "Of course they're holding back. So are we. I mean, in addition to Megatron's personal wrecking team, we haven't even sent in Sixshot yet. Look at the forces engaging Iacon... barely one-fifth of the army that came with Obsidian."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

South East border, Iacon

"Anything having to do with a Vector Computer is out of Temple Knight hands," Terabolt would answer to Prowl. "Not that the Elders wouldn't want a say in it, but everything is at the digression of the Keeper, and his ability to flatten us if we protest. The fact that any Knights guard some of the nodes stems from the fact that the Keeper himself can't be in more places at once, so he allows us to assist. That could all go away at a moment's whim if he so chose."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

South East Border, Iacon

"My point exactly. Hierarchical." Prowl replied to Terabolt. He had to stop talking for a while when a laser blast grazed the tip of his door-wing. Prowl returned fire to the assailant, hitting him in the shoulder, and then the chest. Two bullets, Prowl reflected as the Vehicon's frame was eaten away by acid. Not effective at all.

"No offense, but that sounds a hell lot like dictatorship to me. Albeit the Keeper is not as bad as Megatron, but one would argue that, say, the Elders were given at least some decision-making powers... the Keeper is, after all, not infallible despite what he might want us to think." Prowl shook his head. "One of the leading reasons why I quit, you know? Say what you want about the Senate or the military, but we don't let the Prime take all the shots." He paused as he returned fire. "And you give all this power -- the power over the Vector Nodes -- to a single person. Yes, more people increases the chance of someone getting corrupted, but is it better than the current system? If anything this big Vehicon army proves that the Keeper is extremely unreliable in times of crisis."

Pause.

"I may come off as a little rude, but you have to excuse the pressure-" Prowl rammed his tonfa into the body of a motorcycle Vehicon, before tossing it into the line of fire of one of the heavy weapon. "-Of our current predicament."

"And yet here I am, choosing not to take the veto against Prime's decision." Prowl replied. "My own decision, again, for not contesting him, before you ask. And I don't doubt that some of my... less-subtle colleagues are giving him an earful right now."
Chip1123
Protoform

War Room, Sentinel Prime Defence Base

Post by Chip1123 »

Rapido was listening to Prowl's report while the others were discussing strategy. He turned to face the others.

"Losing Omega Supreme would be a disaster." Rapido said, looking directly at Kup and Sentinel Prime. "The morale loss alone would be devestating."

Adressing Kup specifically, "This six-changer, however, is a different matter. Most of the troops know nothing about him. No more loss should he fall. I would hate to lose him, but Sentinel raises a valid point. If he, along with a backup team, could stem the advance in one sector - delay them long enough, we can focus our other assets elsewhere." As he said that part, the numbers lost in different scenarios were playing through his head. It was a somber thought. He could see why some generals became known as cold and emotionless.

Rapido thought about Sentinel's suggestion of sending out a single, massive strike. "A single, coordinated attack does have its merits." Rapido said, half to himself, half to the others. "The overwhelming force can shatter and break an enemy that is too spread out." Rapido continued as he paced. "But it negates our single biggest advantage, the safety of Iacon's walls and turrets. In addition, our troops are left without cover. As many surprises as they've been able to throw at us, and as coordinated as they are, I do not like that option."

"That being said, I would like to give Prowl some air cover. The turrets are helping, but we need to deploy some air units to assist or they'll get overwhelmed. Which air squadron has the best chance of success?" He asked, deferring to Kup's knowledge of the troops personality makeup and Sentinel's knowledge of their training.

-----------------------

South East border, Iacon

Topspin chambered another round in his cannon as soon as the last one left the barrel. One of the seige engines fell onto its side, the blast knocking it over. The decepticon transformed and stood up, raising a fist in Topspin's direction as Topspin's second shot landed, tearing into him.

He was having success in slowing some of the seige engines, but saw the troops advancing on his position. "About to be real hard to concentrate on the big stuff," He yelled out to Jazz, "Even with the turrets, we're gonna get swarmed if we aren't careful!"

-----------------------

Bridge, Nemesis

Clench signed, and switched the channel to Knock Out. "I'm afraid you're staying where you are. Decent medics are hard to come by."

Clench switched the channel to Lugnut. "Yes, do not disapoint me, or Lord Megatron, in this command." He said, preying on Lugnut's admiration. "Your martial prowess is great, but prove to us you can do more."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

South East Border, Iacon

"You misunderstand, Prowl," Terabolt would tell him firmly between her own efforts to keep the vehicons at bay. "We have no say on the Keeper, even in his choosing. That decision lies with Vector Sigma itself. It chose him, and bestowed him his rank and power. Should the Keeper pass, Vector Sigma would most likely revert to lockdown, until it chose a new Keeper. The Keeper is a servant, wholey devoted to Vector Sigma alone - if there is a dictator in the equation, it's Vector Sigma."

Medbay, Nemesis

"Of course," Knock Out answered once more to Clench, rolling his optics before walking away from the intercom station. At least Megatron and Lugnut were gone now, and the crowd cleared out, save for his two 'handlers'. He looked around the medbay once more, the decided to start taking stock of what he had available to him - no doubt he'd need to be using it very soon.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Room, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

"But the general army doesn't even know that we've salvaged Omega Supreme. To use a term of speech, anyway. Salvage's not a nice word." Sentinel Prime told Rapido. "It's something Prowl did as one of his mad contingencies."

He nodded. "I agree with Rapido. The six-changer is, at the end of the day, a resource specifically created for this war. I fully intend to lob him and a team of Elite Guardsman straight at this Decepticon Sixknight when he arrives." Sentinel Prime frowned at Rapido's next words. "I do think that we need to show our hand and crush the enemy, but indeed that will leave the defenses unmanned. Very well. For now, we do it your way... what, exactly, pray tell, is that?"

Sentinel tapped his impressive chin. "Talonflame's squadron, normally I would say, but they are mortally wounded if not already dead. Many of our best fliers went to reconnoiter the Decepticon areas and never returned. Several are already stationed there... the next most skilled is, obviously, the rest of the Elite Guard reserves."

South East Border, Iacon

"Precisely my point." Prowl told Terabolt. "Vector Sigma, Keeper, whichever it is that's pulling the strings... I could go into a theological argument with you about... all this, but I'd prefer it be in a much more pleasant situation than this. In any case, it's a subject that's... unpleasant to breach. One which few have enough courage to even consider. And one of the root of why I decided to leave."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Approaching the Southern Borders:

Windcharger raced along, his engine almost redlined as he headed back to the border. "Copy, Prowl."

Warehouse District:

"Stay alive, he says. I was already planning to do that." Nightbeat checked the controls, then looked up at the sky. "Madness. Utter madness........"

"You can say that again."

Nightbeat turned as Tracks, battered and singed, limped up to him. "What happened?"

Tracks winced as he shrugged. "I was saved by anti aircraft fire, and the fact that I'm more maneuverable in flight mode than a bomber."

Vector Sigma:

Orion relaxed. "Thank you, Keeper."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Omega Supreme responded to Sentinel Prime, "Acknowledged: moving to station. Weapons: offline. Will engage: after repairs."

He gave no indication whether or not he had accepted the new Prime's authority or not.

(OOC: Can I suggest Wheeljack and Highbrow be the technicians sent up to fix him once they finish with Magnus, or are there already plans for those two? :))

Iacon Airspace

(OOC: They're nowhere near the Tagan group. The orbital drop ships are coming down on the other end of the city.)

"I'm pretty sure I'm not made of steel," Ramjet told Dirge, not understanding what the other Decepticon was saying. "But sure, whatever. Do your thing."

Ramjet felt...odd as Dirge activated his engines, but he wasn't sure why. He wasn't smart enough to connect the feeling to the sound the other jet was making right away. On the other hand, he was also far too brave to be put off by the odd feeling it was giving him.

The nearby Autobots, on the other hand...not so much. One of them fled entirely, taking off on a flat trajectory trying to put as much distance between himself and the Decepticons as possible (Ramjet shot him in the back as he was fleeing because...well, why not?). The other four Autobots came around for another pass, but three of them were flying very sloppily all of a sudden, clearly trying to reign in their terror.

"Okay," Ramjet admitted as he finally put two and two together, "that's pretty neat, gotta say."

Behind them, more shuttles and fighter escorts dropped from the Nemesis, filling the city's northern sky with Decepticon forces.

Hangar, Nemesis

Lugnut replied fervently to Clench, "I will not let down Lord Megatron. That you can count on!"

As he spoke, the giant Decepticon followed Megatron onto the last shuttle. Moments after they boarded, it dropped from the Nemesis's belly and fell into Cybertron's gravity well. Lugnut shoved his way toward the front and commandeered the ship's intercom.

"Hear this!" he shouted, addressing all of the shuttles' passengers. "Lord Megatron and Commanders Clench and Shockwave are watching! Do not disappoint them! Each of you have your orders. Paradrop from your shuttles as soon as you hit ten kilometres' altitude. Your fighter escorts will guide you in. When you're on the ground, hit your targets in order. Do it right and Iacon is ours! Do it wrong...and answer to me."

He glanced over at Megatron and whispered, "Are you sure you won't come with us?"

But Megatron shook his head. "I have my own list of targets," he said grimly.

Northern Border, Praxus

Brick flew up into the sky, keeping a fair amount of space between himself and his ground-bound Vehicons so that he could defend them if need be.

"Lead the way, Sixshot!" he said enthusiastically. "I've wanted to visit Iacon all my life!"

"You're a week old," Drivetrain pointed out.

"It still counts!"

Skies above Sentinel Prime Defence Base

Starscream would have jumped if he'd been in robot form when Skywarp appeared, the other Decepticon startled him so much. Instead, he settled for narrowly avoiding a crash.

"Don't do that!" he told the other seeker. "Teleport that close to someone and you're likely to get into a crash." He fumed for a second before responding to Thundercracker, "Our next target is the senate, my fellow seekers, so stay sharp!"

Although their line of sight was severely restricted by flying between buildings, the incoming fire had lessened significantly because the Autobot gunners didn't want to blow holes in their own city. But in spite of the reduced view, there was no doubt that the massive dome-shaped building in the distance was their target.

"Missiles first," he told the others. "Once we've blown our way inside, we'll kill every Autobot we see!"

Tagan Heights

"Again with those two?" Predacon shrugged. "I mean, sure, I'll kill them if I see them. But I don't think this vendetta of yours is entirely healthy, Tarannie."

He laughed at his own joke, then gave Tarantulas a grin. "Which means you fit in just fine with me and Scorpy."

Southeast Border, Iacon

The artillery continued to fire, heedless of the small number of casualties that the Autobots were inflicting. And although the Iacon walls hadn't collapsed yet, the Decepticon cannon were concentrating on a handful of key structural points and several of those were starting to show serious strain.

Then explosions started to go off all around them.

Smoke and dust hung over the area for quite a while, obscuring the Decepticon artillery and tanks' fate. But slowly, surely, their barrage was resumed. When the air was clear enough to see their position, a keen eyed observer would have noted that most of the Decepticons had survived the explosions, survived the fall and simply resumed firing from their new, underground positions, adjusting their aim so that their volleys would be able to exit from the rough, collapsed pit.

Not all of them had been so lucky, though. Corpses littered the edges of the pit and numerous Decepticons had been crushed or impaled by debris, but not enough to break the Decepticons' lines. A lesser fighting force might have panicked and tried to climb out and flee, but the disciplined Vehicon tanks held their ground and continued their attack.

Meanwhile, as the first wave of bombers returned to the Decepticon lines a second set took off -- this one headed straight toward Prowl and the Autotroopers he had arrayed about him.

In spite of all that, though, anyone with a keen eye for strategy would be able to see that this attack, for all it's ferocity and destructive force, simply wasn't going to be enough to breach the Autobot defences without taking much more serious losses.

Vector Theta, Kaon

Freshly birthed Vehicons fled from the facility, charging up the temple stairs in a panic. Most of them escaped. Some of them, though...some of them were trapped behind bulkheads as they sealed, entombing them and ensuring that they would never leave those chambers for a single moment of their short lives.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Northern Border, Praxus

The sky was gradually being filled with other Decepticons, but Sixshot's small team was still the closest to the Northern borders.

"Brick. Scythe. Impulsor." Sixshot's deep voice reverberated through the Vehicons' commlink channel as he addressed the flight-capable members of the team. "We're going to punch through straight into Iacon. Launch missiles, and I will take care of their turrents, you three get in as fast as you can and open the gates. Chopsaw, Dirt Rocket, as soon as the gates are open, zoom in and kill everyone. Breackneck, Drivetrain, Buckshot, back me up with support fire while the fliers do their thing."

Sixshot paused. He wasn't much for strategy. "Scream into the commlink if you need help."

When they reached into range, Sixshot transformed into his hovering weapon mode, charged up a purple blast and fired it straight onto the dome-shaped walls surrounding Iacon. The blast caused an explosion and created a hole large enough for the three Vehicons to zip through.

This display immediately attracted the attention of the turrets, who all aimed their cannons at Sixshot and opened fire. Sixshot wasn't sure he was doing this to take attention away from his comrades, or simply to test out his own abilities, but he simply hovered there in his massive cannon mode and took on the punishment as mortar shells exploded against him.

He then began returning fire, opening fire onto one turret, then another, then another.

"Sir, the six-changer's besieging our Northern borders." One of the soldiers turned to face Sentinel, Kup and Rapido.

"Quickswitch! Belay that order -- get to the Northern border and eliminate the six-changer! You there! Send whatever aerial forces we have after the intruders." Sentinel Prime snapped into the commlink, then pointed randomly at another one of his officers, who nodded and headed off to relay Sentinel's orders.

"Wheeljack, Highbrow, how long will the test with Magnus... and the application of the forcefield... will take? Approximately? I may have another project for you, and it's another reparation." Sentinel turned to face the engineers. He doubted that the teams already sent to meet Omega Supreme will be able to do much but patch him up a little.

Skies above Sentinel Prime Defence Base

Skywarp nodded. "Duly noted, boss. Sorry."

In retrospect. He could've warped into Starscream. That would be... awkward. And fatal. Mostly awkward, though, Skywarp considered.

He grinned. "I've always wanted to visit the Sena-" Skywarp winced as a laser blast nearly singed him. "Boss, some of those Autotrooper people are on our tail." Skywarp did nothing to engage the Autotroopers, though, instead following blindly onto Starscream's command and arming his missiles.

Tagan Heights

Scorponok chuckled at Predacon's comment about Tarantulas. "As if the tendency to disprove the established laws of science, the ever-present threat of murdering the rest of us in our sleep and the general unhinged mentality isn't enough?"

Scorponok paused. "I hate the Senate, Tarnatulas hates those two guys, who do you have a vendetta against, Predacon?"

Southeast Border, Iacon

Prowl's attention was slightly taken when one of the support structures for the walls gave an uncomfortable sounding noise. "Get the construction teams to shore up that wall!" Prowl yelled into the commlink.

The explosions then happened, but did not have the effect Prowl intended. Not as much deaths as Prowl expected. Not enough panicked troops either. Still, they have the height advantage, though.

And, of course, another group of jets shot towards them. "Of course. Wouldn't want it to be too easy, would it?" He turned to Terabolt and Jazz. "Jazz, you have the height advantage! Take out the siege engines! Terabolt, use the debris created by the explosions!"

Calculations ran through his head. This was the first wave. The Decepticons in this wave will all fall, or be rotated by Obsidian for fresh ones. They can win this... but Prowl needed to do that with minimal casualties. He suppressed a wince as the Autotrooper standing right next to him became a casualty himself, a stray bullet tearing through his cranium.

Decisions, decisions. Windcharger can take care of the incoming missiles for now. He could call out their own bombers, but they'd take some time to reach, flying all the way from the War Academy. Ground forces? No, Prowl didn't want to open their gates. Siege engines? Not just yet.

"Okay... get another Autotrooper squad down, as well as a field medic squad! Activate wall AA turrets!" Prowl yelled. "Drive them back! Tracks, are you still with us?"

The walls themselves slid open to reveal more AA cannons and turrets, sliding out and taking aim at the airborne Decepticons in the area, careful not to open fire where Springer and any other Autobot fliers may be.

Obsidian watched and nodded with pleasure as the siege tanks sunk and continued firing. Excellent. It was... not a bad move to try and tip Prowl's hand off by sending part of the heavy ground units first.

Obsidian observed the battlefield. By numbers, the Decepticons probably had suffered more casualties... but most were Vehicons, Renegades meant as panic tactics, or troops in need of... disciplining. Whereas the Autobots had lost a good amount of their anti-aircraft cannons, lost several soldiers and suffered quite a hit to their walls. Not to mention some of the bombers and Renegades have punched through into Iacon itself and caused some property damage before being shot down or driven back.

"Hammer, have whatever fliers able pull back to regroup." Obsidian said into the comms. "The ground forces trapped can hold their own for now, tell them to continue what they're doing -- aim at the new, fresh cannons when possible. Rotate them with the second squad, this time aim to take down the officers. Send in the motorcycles and car Vehicons first around the crater, get the attacking Autobots in a pincer formation. Move the undead into the crater, have them run interference for our troops. If the Insecticons are listening, have a... swarm go right for the support struts."

He paused.

"Science team, do we have any infiltrator or burrowing units left?" He opened a comm channel to Team Science.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Vector Sigma

"Do not thank me," The Keeper told Orion coldly. "I do not command Vector Sigma, I advise it as its servant. Vector Sigma chose its course, and things are not yet over. The war still rages, and the Darkness still comes. You have far to go, if you are to overcome it."

Southeast Border, Iacon

"I know you didn't get this training, but it takes a good bit out of you to do it this much," Terabolt would warn to Prowl. "You'd better figure out something else fast, and I'm open to suggestions from any of you," she'd say indicating Jazz as well, before taking another chunk of debris and using it on the troops. She considered throwing some at the fighters, but there was no telling where it'd go after that, so she left that up to the guys with the guns.

Iacon Airspace

((OOC: Darn, have to settle for harassing NPCs :p ))

Dirge laughed aloud as the Autobots scattered from his wail engines, openning fire on the ones with the steadier flight patterns first, leaving the ones that were clearly effected to suffer even longer. It wasn't just for his own amusement, though, as the reactions of those ones would unsettle the others.

"A little noise and they start shaking in their cervos! They call these soldiers?!" He yelled to Ramjet.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

"Our troops aren't aware of Omega Supreme yet," Kup replied to Rapido. "The same goes for Magnus' condition and for Grimlock. The less they know, the more they'll concentrate on the battle," Kup added.

"Right now morale is good with high ranking officers having joined the battle," Kup continued. "Prowl and Jazz and his unit and a whole lot of Autotroopers are doing what they can to push the enemy back as much as they can, but I predict that they'll be overrun when the Decepticons really start pushing through in the south."

Kup turned to his screen for a moment to watch reports come in about the assault from the north wall and let the comments about their own six changer sink in. "Then by all means, do what you fell you must do," he said. The decision felt wrong, but Kup didn't want to argue it. He was out of place here anyway and felt that he was more needed on the battlefield with the mech that he trained instead of barking orders through a com at a safe distance.

ooc: yes please :)

Arsenal

"You fail to understand Magnus' condition so let me clarify," Wheeljack said to the Prime. "It's not Magnus' mobility that makes him a liability. If Magnus' armor sustains too much damage, it will start failing and he will start killing his allies," Wheeljack hoped that this would be clear enough for the Prime to understand. "To put it bluntly."

He shook his head. "If that happens, those deaths will be on my hands and I don't think I can live with that guilt." Wheeljack turned around to Magnus. "Then again, it's indeed not my call to make."

In the meantime, Magnus sat up and looked at the monitor. "So Talonflame has fallen? Then his death will be avenged. Are these Seekers are still in the vicinity?" Magnus asked the Prime. "If so, I shall deal with them personally," he added as he tried to get up from the bed.

"The duration of the tests depend Magnus' recovery," Wheeljack replied to Sentinel. "I can't give you an estimate on that. "

"Then forget the tests," Magnus said as he noticed a certain distress in the voice of Sentinel. Apparently whatever was happening was serious. "If you and Highbrow are needed elsewhere, then that's more important."

Wheeljack shook his head. He preferred not to let Magnus go unchecked, but these were dire times. He understood the need for haste, but didn't like it one bit. "Very well," was all that he could say on the subject. "As for the forcefield, if you collect the forcefield generators that have been installed in the War Academy and connect them, you should have enough to power a shield to protect the southern walls. However, it'll leave the War Academy unprotected," Wheeljack explained, who's still unaware of the name change the academy has been given. "It's a choice you'll have to make, because creating a new energy shield will take a couple of days and judging from your tone, we don't have that luxury."

Magnus got himself off the bed and stood up, though still supporting himself with whatever was close. "Sentinel, who's coordinating the defenses of Iacon? You or Prowl? Do you have security at your current location? Can I get an update on the current situation?" Magnus had so many questions that his brain module was already working in overdrive. It was a shame his body wasn't. Yet. Though he had the feeling that would change soon.

South East Border, Iacon

The mines exploded and the siege weapons were stopped dead in their tracks. The invading Decepticons were rattled for a moment. "That's our signal!" Jazz shouted and along with him, Autotrooper battalion Alpha and Beta charged the invaders. Jazz looked left and right as he ran and saw Autotroopers clashing with Vehicons. The Vehicons that Jazz encountered were dealt with swiftly. Jazz was determined that he would reach one of the siege weapons to prevent it from breaching the walls.

"We're going to get swarmed regardless," Jazz replied to Topspin while trying to fight off two Renegades with his signature fighting style. "It's time we take the fight to them instead of getting pushed into a corner."

Skies above S.P.D.B.

"Good. That means we don't have to kill you," Thundercracker replied to Skywarp. "I would hate having to go through all this trouble for a mech that squealed." Thundercracker said as he dodged the incoming fire. One of his wings already sustained some damage so he tried his best to avoid any more.

"The Senate?" Thundercracker said to Starscream. "Hardly a challenge, is it? I can probably flatten the entire building with a single sonic boom"
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Chip1123
Protoform

South East Border, Iacon

Post by Chip1123 »

Topspin fired off a concussive round at two advancing vehicons, knowing them back. He transformed, pulling out his rifle as he did so, and riddled the vehicons till they stopped moving.

"Well then," Topspin yelled out to Jazz, "Call out the targets and let's go make some noise!"

-----------------------

Rapido cursed as the reports of the enemy six-changer came in, and noticed the look on Kup's face. "I know what you're thinking, but it's the best we can do. Quickswitch has to buy us some time. And if we're really lucky, he'll win the fight against their six-changer."

"Not many aerial sqaudrons left, and we're holding the last in reserve for working with Magnus, correct?" He asked Sentinel Prime. "Prowl's troops are holding their own, but they need some kind of assistance. Perhaps a squad of ground troops with anti-air weapons. That would by them some time and some protection."

As he finished the last, he switched to a different channel and sent a message to Jazz and Prowl. "Trying to get you two some backup, but it's pretty chaotic here, and well, everywhere, at the moment. Any new developments?"

As Magnus's transmission came through, Rapido smiled. "It's good to have you back online Magnus. Gave us quite a scare. This is Rapido, btw. I've taken over for Prowl, who is in the field. Sentinel Prime is in charge, with assistance from Kup and myself."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

((ooc: turned out way longer than I thought, but I couldn't see breaking it up. Hope you guys enjoy))

Medbay, Nemesis

It did not take long into his incarceration for Knock Out to discover there was little he could actually do in the medbay. Earlier the vehicons had been giving Knock Out the tools he required at his beckoning, but now that the medical chore had been taken care of, everything was nestled back in their spots in their various drawers and cabinets, and sealed behind electronic locks. Normally meant to keep the doors from all flying open in the event of turbulence or anything else to rock the ship, the locks refused to open for him, probably reading a signal from his bindings that prevented him from accessing them. In order to access anything he had to stand back and let his guards do it, and they watched over his shoulders to insure everything went back into its spots. It helped to hammer home the point that Knock Out was still little more than an important prisoner...

"Argh! Do I even have access to energon, or do I have to collapse in a pile on the floor to get fed?!" Knock Out would finally rave in frustration.

His Vehicon guards almost never talked to him, simply carrying out the task with as little words as possible. Even now the two looked at each other, one nodded to the other, and the other then proceeded out of the Medbay. Knock Out could only hope he was going to get some energon, but he doubt he was going to be pleased with the results. Most likely he was going to wind up with some low-grade, completely synthetic energon ration, as smooth as gravel in your joints, not the luscious syth-natural blends Knock Out's pallet was suited to. The torture continued.

Knock Out started pacing the medbay, putting a hand on his head. This was going to be a long stay of 'employment', either by staying locked up for all of his existence, or at least feeling that way before someone terminated him. Either fate was less than ideal.

He wasn't sure how long it was, but eventually the doctor found himself standing in front of the medbay's door, able to stand close enough that the sensor registered his presence and stayed open but without the ankle band shocking him. There Knock Out stayed for quite some time, looking for the returning Vehicon at first, but his focus drifting and instead looking at the entirety of the activity within his scope.

Every mech was busy, working about at their various tasks, big or small, preparing for or contributing to the ongoing battle with Iacon. He had been so reluctant to get involved, for fear of risking his hide, but isn't this what he wanted? Seeing those arrogant Iaconians knocked off their perch, thrown to the gutter like they had done with so many others, ones like himself who lived in the equally grand yet maligned Kaon.

Knock Out rubbed his chin consideratively. He got it now - Megatron's threats, even his insulting of his abilities, it was all about wounding his pride so he'd bounce back to prove them wrong, use his abilities to the most to spite them - but that wasn't good enough for Knock Out. He didn't want to stay an abused prisoner in the medbay, he wanted to have the rank and privillages that were entitled to someone of his background, wanted to have free reign to explore the ship, to have shore-leave, get something better than energon rations, to get paid, to have quarters other than that feeble cot clearly set up for him in the corner of the medbay...

He had to do something to prove he wasn't going to run off, that he was with the program. Talking certainly wouldn't help - anything he said now would just look like the mewling pleas of a prisoner trying to have an opportunity to escape. But what could he do, especially with his sparksitter watching his every move?

Knock Out glanced at the remaining vehicon out the corner of his optic without turning his head, and noticing he seemed to be letting his attention drift. The other one hadn't come back yet, but he could at any time - if Knock Out was to do anything, he'd need to be fast, especially since he was still under surveillance from the security cameras.

Making a decision, Knock Out made an intentionally loud sigh, turning from the door and starting back towards the medical equipment. On the way over he picked up a datapad, as though intending to more formally catalogue what he had available. "Might as well keep busy," He muttered aloud for the sake of his guard. The Vehicon took note, proceeding over to Knock Out, ready to assist and watch him again.

While they went about the task, an idea was formulating in Knock Out's head. He had a small neural probe hidden in a compartment - completely useless as a weapon, but it would stun a single mech briefly - it wasn't an option earlier as he had two guards, but now things were looking more opportune. He also remembered one of the drawers sticking previously when the vehicons went to open it, and hoped it would be equally tempermental this time around...

He had to bide his time, going through the charade so it wouldn't look odd going right to the drawer, but soon enough they'd finally reach it, and sure enough the drawer stuck. It looked as though his guard was getting frustrated with the activity, as he took his full attention off of Knock Out briefly to wrestle with the drawer. It was all he needed, in a brief instant slipping out the neural probe and using it on the his unexpecting victim. Giving a surprised yelp, the vehicon staggered back, trying to shake off the effects. Knock Out took the moment to casual come around in front of him, then unceremoniously shove the guard into the shielded computer console that he'd spotted earlier that controlled his ankle bracelet. The poor vehicon was shocked violently for a few seconds before the shield failed, allowing him to fall to the ground in a heap.

Knock Out walked carefully over to the prone form, leaning over the vehicon to inspect it. The vehicon gave a groan, turning his head to look back up at Knock Out as he did so.

"Well, you're not nearly as fried as I thought you might be. Good, I won't have to give you any emergency treatment," Knock Out told him cheerfully. The vehicon gave another weak groan before his head dropped back to the floor again. Knock out daintily stepped over his victim, then began to access the now unprotected consol. It was time to get to work.

((ooc: If Clench or any of his staff are paying any sort of attention, they should see all this via the medbay security cams ;) ))
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Iacon Airspace

The steady-flying Autobot was able to dodge Dirge's fire without too much trouble, but doing so forced him to cross the fight path of one of his terrified wingmen. The second Autobot was too petrified to move, leading him to crash straight into the first's right wing. Both Autobots disappeared in a ball of fire and rained to the ground in little bits.

Ramjet responded to Dirge, "Nah, I'm pretty sure they're just Autobots," he joked. "But seriously, don't count on it workin' with their big guns."

The last two Autobots seemed to snap out of it at the same time, or at least realize what was going on and force themselves to fight through it. One of them coming at Ramjet with lasers blasting and the other firing missiles at Dirge.

Meanwhile, as the shuttles got close enough to Iacon troops began bailing out, carrying re-entry shields that would allow them to fall through the atmosphere without burning up.

When their ship reached departure altitude, Lugnut was the first one out the door. He dropped through the air, arms spread, falling like he didn't have a care in the world. He didn't transform into bomber mode until the last possible moment, pulling up and buzzing a crowd of civilians who fled at the sight of the Decepticon badges on his wings.

Megatron didn't even bother transforming, falling from the sky at terminal velocity, landing on his feet, dusting himself off and walking away.

"Now, Iacon...now it's your turn to feel what Kaon suffered for so many years."

Northern Border, Praxus

"You got it, big guy!" Drivetrain told Sixshot. He used hand signals to tell Buckshot to cover one of the sixchanger's flanks while he watched the other and Breakneck brought up the rear (because, well, he would have anyway...).

Brick revved his engines and shot forward, blowing up an AA gun with missiles so that the less-agile Scythe and Impulsor could get close to the wall without being blown up. The two helicopters, in turn, used their smaller rockets to blow apart the dozen or so Autotroopers guarding Sixshot's chosen border gate.

Approaching the Senate

"You're an airplane, Skywarp. If people that turn into cars are able to follow and shoot you, I don't know what to say."

For his part, Starscream dodged the sparse incoming fire with what seemed like effortless grace, showing that he had exceptional skills as a pilot.

"But if they're really bothering you, teleport back behind them, shoot them and then rejoin Thundercracker and I."

Starscream didn't bother though, instead concentrating on closing to missile range with the enemy's main government building.

Replying to Thundercracker he said, "Probably, but don't. Megatron probably wants to display the senators' corpses after we've taken the city, or something like that. He's big on theatrics, our leader..."

Starscream's targeting computer signalled that he had a lock on the Senate building, so he fired a pair of cluster missiles into the structure's upper levels.

Tagan Heights

"Oh, wouldn't you like to know?" Predacon said to Scorponok lightly. "Sorry, but unlike some people I prefer to keep my plans for horrible vengeance a secret."

He looked over at the others and asked, "You got any more pets for the boss guy to borrow?"

Southeast Border, Iacon

Hammer relayed Obsidian's command, and the Decepticon forces quickly arrayed himself according to their orders: jets forming a perimeter, cars and bikes defending the artillery, and Insecticons surging forward to eat the wall supports.

"The...zombies don't appear to be responding to orders," the Vehicon captain reported back. "Frankly I'm not sure they're capable of understanding them. Since most of them are shambling in more or less the right direction, we might want to just leave them to it."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Business District, Iacon

Thundertron was nothing more than a simple trader. A merchant of various minerals that were used to produce the strongest metal on the planet or just plain and simple bricks. Whatever you needed in that department, Thundertron could get thanks to his many off world contacts.

The war had broken out between the Autobots and the Decepticons and an evacuation order was given. As the good law abiding citizen that he was, he followed the instructions, but it seemed that either the evac was moving too slow, the order itself was given too late or the Decepticons had moved up their time frame. Either way, the civilians were caught inbetween the ruckus.

The Autotroopers that were responsible for moving the civilians from block to block to the safe zone were doing the best they can, but their best proved to be less than enough when their group was attacked by in invading force of Decepticons. Ducking for cover, Thundertron noticed his fellow mechs were trying their best to avoid getting shot aswell. They took refuge under a building, but thanks to either the sensation of panic or simply their incompetance a rocket that was fired went in the wrong direction and hit the building that the civilians were hiding under. Thundertron saw it all happen and shouted at the others to move away. Most of them did, but when he noticed that one mech was too scared run, Thundertron ran over to him and pushed him out of harms way. In doing some, debris from the building collapsed onto him and Thundertron was stuck under it.

The Autotroopers managed to get the others to safety, but with Thundertron being stuck under the rubble, he was left for dead.

"If that's the best we can do, then we have a problem," Kup replied to Rapido, having lost a little hope himself. "The guy has all this power, yet had no adequate training. At the first notion of the possibility of losing the fight, the guy might give into his fears. He's going to need some guidance," Kup added. "And I'm going to give it to him," he continued as he pulled out his trusty musket laser and locked and loaded it. "I'll be damned before I'm going to let some overambitious tyrant take my city while I'm sitting here on my skid plate."

More reports were coming in from all sides of the battles. "The south is managing just fine it seems, but the north is falling fast. Prowl and Jazz are dealing with the south. I suggest you leave that defense in their hands and only help them out if they ask for it. Besides, it looks like Megatron and his cronies have just been spotted in the city. I'm going to where I'm needed. Don't try to stop me," he said as he still waited for approval from Rapido. He was bent on going into the city to defend it, but didn't want to undermine the new strategist's authority. He might have other plans for the old warrior.

South East Border, Iacon

"We're still up to our necks in Vehicons, Destrons, Renegades and reanimated corpses," Jazz replied to Rapido over the com. "For every hostile we take down, 4 more will take it's place. It's like a bad Skullgrin movie out here," Jazz continued as he kicked the head off an undead mech. "Prowl managed to stop the siege weapons dead in their tracks with mines he had scattered around here, and Springer's doing his best with the help of an elite guardsman to back us up and shoot bombers out of the sky, but they can do only so much," he added as he ducked for fire coming his way from a car Vehicon and then returned fire in kind.

"I'm right in the middle of things with battalion alpha and beta, but I can't tell you how long we'll be able to hold out. What I can tell you is that we're only slowing them down and that it'll be a matter of time before they reach the city if we're not going to start giving them some serious resistance."

Arsenal

Rapido? Magnus thought. Oh Right. Spec. Ops. guy and second in command of Jazz's unit, Magnus recollected. He had never worked with Rapido before, but figured that if he was promoted to Prowl's position then he would be capable of handling the job.

"Thank you, Rapido," he replied when the new chief strategist welcomed him back. "Not a moment too soon, I gather. It seems the Decepticons are knocking on our door and some have already found their way into the city it seems. No worry. I will put a stop to those Seekers as soon as I manage to walk out of here."

"Well, after you walk out of here," Wheeljack interjected, "You're going to have to try and transform first," he continued. "I'm going to need to see if the armor will stay attached to you when you do. Probably will, but one could never be too sure about such a thing and I'm not leaving this facility until I have the assurance that your transformation functions properly."

As Magnus turned around to face Wheeljack, he reached for the large hammer that the scientist made for him and used it to support himself. "Then let's give you that assurance," he said as he took a few steps forward. "In the meantime, Rapido or Sentinel, can either of you give me a Sit.Rep?"

Approaching the Senate

Thundercracker dodged the imcoming fire with ease that came from Autotroopers that were stationed on the ground.

"Theatrics?" Thundercracker said. "Sounds more like barbaric to me," he added when replying to Starscream. "I do not understand why we would waste time and energon on mechs that hardly prove a threat to us anyway," he continued as he fired off some rockets at the entrance of the senate building to make sure that nobody could escape. "Then again, what the boss wants, the boss can get."

Tagan Heights

Well I have been called crazy on a few occasions," Tarantulas said. "Mostly when I was dissecting a mech's brain module while the mech in question was still operational," he added with a cackle. "Personal vendetta's are what keep me a little sane I suppose."

Tarantulas looked up. "My Spyders have already infiltrated the city," he replied to Predacon and Obsidian, " and I've already sent a few towards their precious War Academy. Why do you ask," Tarantulas inquired.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Southeast Border, Iacon

“Do not mistake not getting training as being unaware of the consequences.” Prowl told Terabolt. “I fully expected you to be competent enough to know your own limits… just slow them down for a bit.”

Rapido’s comm came in. “Help would be appreciated. They seem to be trying to rotate in fresh bodies. Anything else relevant to our situation that I should know?”

Prowl sighed. He turned to Jazz. “Jazz, I have a party trick I’m saving up, but I suppose I can get it running now. It’ll take some time for me to set up, though.”

“Don’t waste your time or men on the undead, Hammer.” Obsidian told the Vehicon commander. “As long as they don’t attack our own, leave them be. They’re cannon fodder anyway, moreso than the rest of our troops.”

He watched with pleasure as the troops moved according to his orders. So efficient, the Vehicons are… the Destrons and Renegades work pretty well too, all things considered, any unruly ones are probably already killed off by the Autobots anyway. It’s a very effective culling strategy.

“Astounding.” Obsidian sent a schematic to Tarantulas. “Have a group of Spyders go to this building and hack into it. It controls the gates for the Southern walls. On my mark – and not before – open the gates. We need to get our troops into position first.”

Sentinel turned to look at Kup with a frown. “Grimwho?” The Prime shook his head, and sighed. “I’m not about to stop you. We need leaders in the Northern front and you’re as good as any. Don’t die.” He gave Kup a quick, firm nod as he turned back to the conversation with Wheeljack and Magnus.

“Killing his allies as in he’ll go berserk? Magnus won’t do that.” Sentinel told Wheeljack. “I don’t have faith in a lot of my soldiers, but Magnus is someone who rigidly follows protocol to the letter, perhaps even as much as I do. He won’t do it.”

Sentinel nodded at Magnus somberly. “Yes, Talonflame and his entire squad – save Barrel Roll, who was dispatched elsewhere – have fallen. The Seekers are right now… en-route to the Senate building. Deal with them, Magnus.” He paused. “The Elite Guard captains – Silver Raider, Thunderwrath and Wing Archer – are all standing by. I trust you can handle their deployment? You will work with Rapido, who is now acting commander strategist. The current situation: Prowl and Jazz are leading the defense of the Southern borders, besieged by ground troops. The sixchanger is apparently assaulting the north, and as Kup had said, troops are airdropping in from orbit. Fortress Maximus is still missing. And there’s the Seeker problem.”

“If the walls are breached, then we wouldn’t need the Sentinel Prime Command Outpost.” Sentinel told Wheeljack. “You there, Dimebomb, get working on all that Wheeljack said. Rapido, coordinate with Prowl about the forcefield. Doubt it’ll slow the sixchanger – he’s proven he could break through it – so aim for the Southern walls, I think.”

“I have a paramount task for you two, anyway. How familiar are you about the Supreme-class Sentinels? Can you bring a fairly damaged one back to full functionality, given enough manpower and resources?” Sentinel sighed. "That's our trump card, and he might not even be cooperative.”

Turning back to Rapido, he nodded. “We’ll do that. Send in Bombard and Tarasque’s squads to back up the Southern border. They’re trained for anti-aircraft, I believe. Everyone else to the north.” Sentinel pulled out his Skyboom Shield and Energy Lance. “And that includes me and Ironhide. I will personally engage Megatron. Would you prefer to stay here or come with us, Rapido.”

Skies, En Route to the Senate Building

“That would suck.” Skywarp replied to Thundercracker. “But I’m a Seeker! I don’t squeal.”

He then turned to Starscream. “Some of the Autotroopers turn into flying cars! I killed a couple during my solo run.” He obeyed Starscream, though, disappearing with a loud VVOP and a swirl of black smoke and cracking electricity, reappearing being the Autotroopers. Skywarp’s stolen machinegun roared into life, and the Autobots blew up before they had time to react, plummeting down towards Iacon’s streets and exploding into fireballs.

Northern Border, Praxus

As the airborne Vehicons tore the gate apart, Sixshot continued his assault on the turrets on top of the towers, launching concentrated blasts of sonic energy and plasma as he switched between his gun form and his jet, doing hit-and-run tactics as he zipped through the air, leaving ruptured turrets and dead Autotroopers in his wake.

“Get into the city!” Sixshot roared, transforming into his beast mode and landing on top of the walls and slashing at the surprised Autotroopers. Limbs and spilt energon flew everywhere as Sixshot hacked through the troops with unnerving speed and ferocity. “Tear everyone apart! IACON BURNS!”

Tagan Heights

“Knowing you, it’s probably some poor sap in the market district who swindled you five chips of energon when you tried to buy groceries.” Scorponok told Predacon. He shrugged. “All my Scorpobabies are blown up, and the rest are back in Stanix. Tarantulas?”

Scorponok shrugged at Tarantulas. “That’s not insane, that’s medicine! You’re learning how a brain module works under pressure!” He chuckled. “But your point sounds valid.”
Springer85
Protoform

ooc: turned out much longer than intended! Happy reading! :p

Post by Springer85 »

ooc2: apology in advance for typo's. This laptop has no spellcheck installed x(

South East Border, Iacon

"We'll try to hold them off as long as..," Jazz tried to reply to Prowl, but his com was suddenly cut off when he was being jumped by a lot of undead mechs. They started to pile on him and as hard as Jazz tried to get out from under them, he had a hard time doing so. The undead mech could feel no pain and kept on coming. One grabbing Jazz's leg, another his arm. It seemed that all they wanted to do was destroy. Autotroopers were trying to come to Jazz's aid, but were stopped by Vehicons in their attempt.

"Prowl!" Springer called out loud over the com channel. "Jazz is in trouble! I'm going in! Topspin! Clear me a path to get him out," he called out to his fellow spec ops member. Springer didn't intend to make it sound like an order, but there was no time to think about that right now. The Autobots couldn't afford to lose one of their commanding officers right now.

While still in helicopter mode, Springer dove right down, transformed mid air into his armored car mode and drove straight through the undead mechs towards Jazz with the Elite Guardsman providing aerial support. Having gained enough velocity, Springer shoulder blocked the pile of undead mechs that were ontop of Jazz. Many undead tumbled off and Springer grabbed his sword and started to cut through the undead mechs as quick as he could.

After taking out the six undead mech that were trying to kill Jazz, Springer looked down. Jazz was luckily still functioning, but his visor was cracked, he sustained numerous amounts of dents and it looked like his leg wasn't completely attached to his frame anymore. "Thought you might need a hand," Springer said as he extended his hand to pull up his commander. "I thought you told us not to do anything stupid," he said with a smile on his face.

Jazz returned the smile. "Well these are stupid times, aren't they?" Jazz leaned on Springer as the two started to head back towards Prowl's position, hoping that Topspin would take care of the enemies that would dare engage them.

Tagan Heights

Tarantulas was silent for a moment. He wanted to make a comment about how Obsidian dared to order him to do anything, but gaining access to the city suited his own purposes as well so he withheld he comment. "It will be done," was all he replied to him.

"Grimlock," Kup replied to Sentinel. "Jazz rescued him during his mission in Iacon and he's an old friend of mine. You're going to be glad he's on our side." Kup walked towards the exit, "Don't worry. I've survived worse," he said as the Prime told him not to die, but then heard him say that he was going after Megatron and that stopped him from exiting the War Room.

"You have got to be out of your flaming mind!" he shouted out loud. "While I'm sure that Ironhide can give you the back up you need, but you forget that you're carrying the most important thing we have: The Autobot matrix of Leadership! It's your job to protect the wisdom that it hold and you won't be doing that if you're going straight for the leader of the Decepticons!" Kup continued to rant.

"I don't know if you've read Jazz's report on his Kaon mission, but Megatron can do some serious damage. I know that you want to take the fight to him and take him down, but there's no way it's going to be easy. I may not believe in all that mumbo jumbo that the Temple Knights spout, but what I do know is that the Matrix is important and that I see it as my duty to protect the carrier of it. If you die, it dies with you and I will not have that. You are going to stay put and manage this crisis with Rapido until we can manage to wear him down. It is time for you to start acting like a Prime instead of a soldier and use the wisdom that you have gathered over the years and start thinking before you act. If you fall, all hope will be lost!"

Whether it was Kup being overly protective of the Prime or that he considered Megatron being a very credible threat to Sentinel's life didn't matter, sending in The Prime to do a soldier's job is the worst possible strategic decision you can make.

Arsenal

"It's not like he has a choice about it," Wheeljack replied to Sentinel about the possible ramifications of Magnus' armor malfunctioning, " but never mind. I'll explain them to Magnus," he said as he walked over the the large red, white and blue mech. "Supreme-class Sentinels?" Wheeljack asked puzzled. "I've never had the pleasure of ever seeing one," he continued. "Most of them were deactivated before my spark even came online. You're saying that you have one?" he added with a surprised tone to his voice as he looked over at Highbrow.

Wheeljack scratched his mouthplate. "I don't think either of us is familiar with their tech or inner workings, but I'm sure that with Highbrow's processing speed and my resourcefulness we'll be able to restore him back to full functionality."

Magnus managed to stand up straight with the help of the hammer as he looked into the monitor that showed Sentinel. Now that Magnus was taller than before, he had to get used to looking further down at a screen instead of looking straight at it. "They will be dealt with," Magnus replied and then opened a com to his captains of the Elite Guard. " Silver Raider, Thunderwrath, Wing Archer. This is your commander, Magnus..."

Magnus paused and looked over his shoulder to Wheeljack for a moment and then turned back to his com, "This is Ultra Magnus speaking: The Decepticons have invaded our city and it's up to us to kick them out. Our northern defenses need strengthning so that's what our main focus will be. Thunderwrath, Wing Archer; both of you will accompany me in putting a stop to those Seekers. Talonflame and his unit have fallen when they tried to stop them and these Seekers are now attacking the Senate. Silver Raider, you will be reassigned to Kup. Follow his every command and make sure to take Flamebaze and Shortstop with you for rescue missions as well as for engaging the enemy." A swift 'Yes Sir!' followed.

Ultra Magnus turned back to Sentinel and Rapido. "Is there anything useful that you might be able to tell me about the three Seekers before I engage them?" he asked.

In the mean time, Wheeljack went over the specifics of Magnus' upgrades with him. "First thing that you have to know is that your armor prevents you from feeling any effects from the strange crystal that was introduced into your systems. Keep in mind that it meams that the effects are subdued. Your new armor is made of Durabyllium. It's the strongest metal on Cybertron and also very rare. It's light in weight and will protect you from quite some damage, but keep in mind that you're not invulnerable. If you sustain too much damage, your armor will begin failing and you'll slowly start to feel the effects of your condition again. When your armor completely fails, you'll revert completely and chances are you'll go berserk and start killing your own friends, so please be careful," he told the large mech. "I tried explaining this to Sentinel, but it seems that he thinks I'm overreacting."

Magnus nodded. "I will keep it in mind, Wheeljack. Don't worry. I'll try to dodge as much enemy fire as I can."

"Good," Wheeljack said assured. "Now, the excess energy that your condition produces is what powers your armor and thus keeps any negative side-effects in check. As for the positive side effects: Your internal repair systems have been upgraded so that loss of energon is put to a halt quickly. The armor also grants you increased strength and due to the fact that it isn't very heavy, with time your speed will be the same as it was before you had it."

Magnus nodded again. "Alright, so exellerated healing, strength and no loss of speed. Got it."

Wheeljack shook his head. "No, no. No excellerated healing. Your internal repair system will only stop loss of energon. You're still going to need a doctor to repair you. You're not a super soldier. Keep that in mind."

"I understand," Magnus said as he looked to his hammer.

"Ah yes. The hammer," Wheeljack said with much joy. "When I went through your medspecs, I read that you used to carry an energon hammer. Since the armor prevents you from retracting your hand to call upon the hammer, Highbrow and I created you a new one. I hope you like it."

Magnus smiled. "I'll be sure to put it to good use," he said as he put the hammer away and tried standing on his own two feet. "Now if only I manage to transform, you can assist in repairing the Omega Sentinel and I'll take care of those Seekers."
Aspiring DJ!
Lady Quickswitch

Post by Lady Quickswitch »

Roof, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

Quickswitch had fallen into lassitude, sitting legs bent and twiddling his thumbs as Prime's first order went through.

He got to his feet, studied the horizon.

Then, Prime's next order made his circuits run with ice.

The six changer is here!

"Prime!" he radioed the Autobot Leader, "He's here? I'm on it, sir!"

Quickswitch visualized his aerial mode and transformed, rocketing off toward the Northern Border.