[New RPG] World at War: The Siege of Iacon

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Chip1123
Protoform

War Room, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

Post by Chip1123 »

(OOC: I'm going to assume we had time to get the forcefield generators in place - correct me on that if I'm wrong)

Rapido swore under his breath. If Sentinel hadn't been so arrogant as to launch the nukes... if he had consulted him first... if he had only believed Prowl about Soundwave... Of course, he knew Sentinel. He would have dismissed Rapido just like he had Prowl. There was no good solution to that issue. When Sentinel stepped out, Rapido looked around, then turned to Lambor.

"No. They have their orders, and destruction in other cities will only distract them. There will be time after the battle for them to learn what has happened." Rapido said, hoping that was true.

As Prowl's message came in, Rapido input the new coordinates for the force field and had it come online. Switching channels, he sent Prowl a message. "Should be online momentarily. Also, we need to have a talk soon once you get to safety. Something bad has happened, but I can't talk about it over this channel." He finished, knowing that Prowl would want to know about the events that had just transpired as soon as he could, and that Prowl could handle them, despite the emotional cost attached.

----------------------

South East Borders, Iacon

Topspin's turret turned and tracked some of the bikes as the gates opened. "They're getting through!" He yelled.

Then Prowl's tanks came into play and Topspin smiled. Or he would have had he been in robot mode. Topspin immediately had his tanks lay down supression fire on the gates, making sure no new enemies would come in. He left the other to deal with the ones already inside the gates.

----------------------

Arsenal

"Be there momentarily, Wheeljack." Highbrow said as he turned back to the computer and downloaded a copy of the schematics to take with them.

As he turned and strode to catch up to the other bot, he asked "Assuming that the facility recharges him while we enroute, how long do you estimate repairs taking? Would you recommend getting weapons systems online first, or the self repair functional?"
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Southeast Border, Iacon

Prowl shook his head at Terabolt's words. "Hope you didn't blow anyone's face off in discovering that."

Before he could say further, though, Rapido's message came in. "Excellent, Rapido. I can hear the hum... the generators are coming online indeed." As Prowl said this, Rapido's group of anti-aircraft warriors moved into position and began opening fire at the airborne Decepticons. Behind them, a massive forcefield flared into life... keeping the Decepticons out from the Southeastern borders, but locking the Autobot soldiers out as well.

"I am curious. Extremely so." Prowl replied to Rapido. "But I trust your judgement."

Growling as his original quarry managed to elude him, Scorponok gestured at the small group of Prowl, Jazz and Terabolt, with Springer battling Igern nearby. "Pred, Tarannie, look. A Temple Knight! And those guys that shot at us before! Let's kill them!"

Scorponok took aim at Jazz, and launched a blast of electricity from his tail-stinger.

War Room, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

Lambor nodded obediently at Rapido, but he was definitely glum. "Yes sir."

Sentinel's Office, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

Sentinel stormed into his office, and slammed the door behind him. The office was dimly lit, and was sparsely populated. The main part of Sentinel's office was taken up by a relatively large work table and a chair, while awards and the like lined one side of the wall. The other side of the wall was occupied with a shelf that had trophies and framed medals, as well as several other awards -- like a gun given to him by Zeta Prime, among others -- perched on it.

Sentinel stumbled into his chair, and with one angry swipe of his hand cleared his table, sending datapads, memory slugs, his computer, reports, a self-portrait and other miscellaneous displays smashing and clattering onto the ground. Sentinel picked up a small globe display of Cybertron and threw it hard towards the shelf which supported a row of awards and medals, the impact strong enough to send the shelf and everything on it smashing down onto the floor.

Sentinel Prime let out an angry howl, before plopping down onto his chair.

The whispers were stronger now.

Definitely angrier.

Sentinel Prime sighed as he knelt near the ground and began scrabbling near the wreckage of his smashed computer for something, fingers moving through the debris of smashed glass and steel. Briefly his fingers wrapped around the gun which Zeta had gave him, once so many times ago during his promotion... and considered pointing it at his own temple.

No.

That would be the coward's way out.

Sentinel's hands moved away and eventually fished out a small device, and began inspecting it.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

En route to Senate building:

"I was NOT designed for this!!"

Tracks dove down into the streets, jet Vehicons screaming down behind him. His problem was this: while he could fly, he wasn't a fighter craft. Even at full speed, with his engines past the red line, he couldn't break the sound barrier. His pursuers, on the other hand, had the engine power to spare, and the firepower to blow him out of the sky.

But, he wasn't completely defenseless. Dropping down into the streets, he started turning sharp corners, using judicious blasts from the black beam gun in the swivel mount on his undercarriage to blind his pursuers one by one, sending them crashing into buildings or slamming into the street, and in one case, flew them over an anti-aircraft battery. Which was something of a phyrric victory as the resultant shrapnel had chewed at his wings and bodywork.

He continued on towards the Senate building, activating his commlink. "Ultra Magnus, this is Tracks. Prowl sent me. Where do you want me?"

War Room:

I let this go to far, Ironhide thought to himself. He stared at the screens, stared at the destruction Sentinel had caused. I shoulda pinned that idiot t'th wall an' hit him 'till he told me what Zeta said t'him. 'Cause there ain't no way Zeta would'a picked somebody who'd blow up the planet.

Vector Sigma:

Orion bowed briefly to the Keeper, then followed Yoketron to the lift.

South East Borders:

Nightbeat looked down where his right hand, hell, the lower half of his right arm, used to be, a dazed expression across his features. Half of his right shoulder pauldron was gone, too. And he was fairly certain most or all of the antenna on the right side of his head was gone. His hearing was still good, fortunately.

He was glad he'd locked the AA guns into automatic IFF, although given the fact that the console he'd been running was now so much mangled scrap and lower right arm, he hoped the IFF scanner hadn't gotten scrambled.

He could hear blaster fire close by, and checked the charge in his plasma blaster.

"You okay in there?" It was a whisper. Not a voice he recognized immediately, but one he'd heard before.

"Define okay."

He heard a sigh of relief, then a young Autobot stuck his head in the doorway. "Building's crawling with Decepticons. We better get out of here."

Nightbeat struggled to his feet. "Didn't I arrest you once?"

Hot Rod shrugged. "I get that a lot. Come on."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Southeast Border, Iacon

"Let's just say the weaponmaster banned me from using anything with a trigger and leave it at that," Terabolt told Prowl, her tone suggesting she was growing a bit annoyed with the conversation. Terabolt would take a spinning slash at one more undead that managed to make it past without getting shot, slicing it neatly in half. With the position she came to stop at, she spotted the new combatants that had appeared, in particular Scorponok who was bringing his tail weapon to bare.

"New company incoming!" Terabolt shouted to warn her allies, moving quickly to get inbetween Jazz and the coming blast of electricity. The power hit her head on, crackled across the non-metallic armor, then discharged harmlessly into the ground. Tera was silently grateful Yoketron was so worried about electrocuting her accidentally and had this material chosen for her.

Terabolt took a ready stance, keeping herself between Jazz and the new threat, unsure how well he'd been patched up by the field medics. "You alright?"

Vector Sigma

Yoketron entered the lift silently, turning and waiting for Orion to join him, his mind still brooding over the dark cloud of information he had received not long ago. He was glad he had brought Orion, but he was not sure how much progress they had truly made.

Keep well that one. You will need him.

Yoketron unconsciously lifted his head slightly at the sound of the Keeper's voice in his head. The other mech had since disappeared into the darkness again, but he would still be monitoring things. Yoketron closed his optics, letting his head dip back down slightly again.

Was my hesitation truly so unforgivable by you, Keeper?

How might I forgive one who cannot forgive themselves? My approval would be a hollow sentiment, and service to help you none. You have dug yourself deep into this sorrow, too far for me to reach down to you. I fear by the time that you finally begin to pull yourself up, I will no longer be there to pull you out. The depth of your sorrow will outlive the time that I have yet to remain.

I fear there may not be much time left for any of us.

No. There is so much more for you still, if only you have the will to see it through. Keep well those young ones, help guide them through the storm and fire. Good bye, old friend...

It was not until Yoketron opened his optics that he realized the lift was moving, and that Orion was beside him. He looked down through the floor of the lift, as though he could see through the metal back down into the depths. Yoketron spoke his voice barely a whisper.

"Good bye, Keeper."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Sentinel's Office, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

"...in the event that I might fall in this battle, the Matrix will find a worthier successor. Sentinel Prime out."

Sentinel Prime clicked off the recording device, and gripped it tightly in his fist, before placing it on top of his desk.. Conflicting emotions boiling within him, he walked out of his office, gave it one last baleful look, from the mess he had made on the floor to the smashed medals and awards which he had once been so proud of.

Sentinel then closed the door, and the sound of the door slamming shut echoed and reverberated through the corridor.

What was he doing?

Sentinel placed a hand against his chest. The Matrix's power thrummed and rolled within its casing. Whispers. So loud in his head. Angry ones. Accusatory ones. And a lone disappointed yet hopeful one.

Sentinel let out one last sigh, clicked off the small lever on the side of his head and shutting him out from all communications, and his facemask slid to cover his face, hiding his emotions from the outside world. The Prime pulled out his Skyboom Shield and his Energy Lance and began to walk in the opposite direction of the War Room.

Prowl gave Terabolt a noncommittal shrug, before taking stock of Scorponok and the other two scientists. "Indeed." Prowl opened fire off-handedly to shoot a Vehicon in the face with acid, before taking a step and standing next to the Temple Knight, slamming a fresh cartridge into his acid pellet gun. "Jazz, get up." Prowl said. "Not beneficial for you to be lying around."

"Predacon, Tarantulas, you guys go on ahead. I'll mop up the mess here." Scorponok said as he transformed into his full height. He smiled as he regarded Terabolt and Prowl, and the injured Jazz behind them. Flexing his massive claws, Scorponok let out a booming laugh.

"You two just going to stand there?" The former Senator asked, "Or are you going to fight? Cause if you don't, I'll draw first blood."

The massive AA cannons mounted on Scorponok's shoulders snapped into firing position and began launching explosive rounds at Prowl and Terabolt.

Zero and his wing of Renegades swooped into the city past the AA cannons, unable to keep track of all the Decepticons swarming the sky. He swooped down and headed towards Hot Rod and Nightbeat's position. "Hello, what do we have here?" The former Renegade sub-commander asked cheerfully. "Looks like two survivors! Stupid Vehicons. We'll have to remedy that."
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

(OOC: Sorry, forgot to reply to Scorpy's attack yesterday)

Topspin grunted as Scorponok's fire hit his thick armor, stinging, but not coring it. Topspin brought his turret to face his attacker, but didn't fire when he saw that Scorponok was between him and the rest of the command squad. He wouldn't risk an errant shell taking them out.

"Don't have a shot Prowl." He radioed the field commander.

-------------------

Nemesis Bridge

Clench sighed as the security team reported in. "Stand by." He told them.

"Knock Out... no more games. Seeing as you didn't try to escape, you won't be filled full of holes. You want your tracker off, fine. I'm not going to have you taking out guards so that you can remove it again and again." He sighed, then continued. "You are a gifted medic, and I'd hate to lose you, but I cannot have this kind of distraction on the ship. Two guards will remain OUTSIDE of the medbay. Repair the damage done to your previous guards and be on standby as wounded come in. Don't make me regret being lenient on you."

"Security team, stand down. Station two units outside the med bay. Otherwise, report back to your duty stations. Commander Clench, out."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

South East Border, Iacon

Much to Springer's surprise he had actually managed to hit Igern with his sword. He had anticipated that his opponent would've jumped out of the way instead, but didn't. It was almost as if he wanted to get stabbed. "Apparently they grow them crazy back in Kaon," he said as he pulled back the sword.

Narrowly avoiding Igern's massive claws, he only got a few scratched on the surface because of it. "You do know that you're the cannon fodder here, right?" Springer said while taunting the Decepticon as he fired off a few rounds at Igern at close range. At this range, Springer would be blown backwards by the attack as well, but not as much as Igern if hit.

"Thank you," Jazz replied to Terabolt who saved him. Jazz got back up on his feet as per Prowl's orders, but was still limping.

Jazz looked at Scorponok approaching their location, firing away. "Let's make short work of this clown, shall we?"

Approaching Senate

Ultra Magnus could see the senate building in the distance or well, what was left of it. "Wing Archer. Thunderwrath. Make sure to scan the area for possible hostiles," he said to his Elite Guardsmen over the com. "I want to know if we're only dealing with the three Seekers or if they're being backed up. Also if you can, provide me with their locations."

Magnus switched coms to the War Room. "Rapido. I'm approaching the Senate building now. Won't be long before we engage the enemy. I'll keep you updated. Have these Seekers been identified yet? I would like to know who I'm dealing with if possible."

As Magnus approached the Senate building, he transformed to robot mode and remained out of sight for the time being. The com on his wrist was blinking. Tracks just reported in and was sent by Prowl. That's good news. The former tactician was still operative.

"Tracks, try to remain out of sight when approaching the Senate building if you can. We're about to engage the Seekers that broke out one of their own from the War Academy. One of them is a teleporter so we're going to need an element of surprise. I have no information on the other two. Come find me on these coordinates," he said as he transmitted said coordinates.

Arsenal

Kup nodded to Silver Raider. "So that means Grimlock has joined the fight," he replied. "That's good. Let's just hope he won't destroy the area."

Flameblaze and Shortstop arrived at Arsenal and greeted the commander.

"Alright mechs," Kup said to all three. The four of us are going out to scrap ourselves as many Decepticons as we can, but we have to keep an optic out for any civilians. Shortstop, Flameblaze. It'll be your job to secure the area of any civilians when Sliver Raider and I will engage the enemy. The safety of the citizens of Iacon is our top priority.

A loud 'yes sir' quickly followed.

"Silver Raider," Kup said as he turned to the Elite Guardsman, "You said that you were keeping tabs on the locations of any high ranking Decepticons in the area, right? Point us towards the biggest one that's close by," he said as he locked and loaded his musket laser. "Because that's going to be our first target."

Wheeljack shrugged in response to Highbrow as he entered the shuttle. "I have no idea how long it's going to take," he said as he scratched the back of his head. "Omega Sentinels are from an age long forgotten and its technology is too. I'm sure that we'll eventually be able to fix him, but getting adjusted to a new situation is going to take time nonetheless," he continued as he sat down in the pilot seat.

Initiating launch protocols, Wheeljack scratched his mouth plate for a moment. "I suppose we should start with checking if he's not in any mortal danger. After that, the most damaged parts would be most likely. Don't know if that's the weapons systems. Don't want to be sending a tank into battle that has no threads to roll on, right?" Wheeljack responded to his lab partner.

The shuttle was ready for takeoff as Wheeljack looked over his shoulder to Highbrow. "Who knows? If we really have no clue on what to do, we could always ask the Sentinel how to help him best, I suppose."

Tagan Heights

"I tire of this meaningless prattle," Tarantulas said as he transformed into his motorcycle mode. "Time for us to invade the city!" he shouted as he sped off towards the breached walls with a cackle.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Medbay, Nemesis

Knock Out had stopped his tasks to walk casually back over to the intercom station as Clench's voice came out of it again, making an expression as though he was wounded by the words. "Me? Make trouble? I wouldn't dream of it! Those silly little bands made it difficult to work to my full capacity - I thought you might appreciate some initiative in improving my efficiency. Rest assured, I am here to do my job for the good of the Decepticon order."

He did pause to smile every so briefly as the security staff reorganized, freeing the one of his original guards from the bindings before Knock Out continued to speak on the intercom. "I would at a later time like to discuss the exact terms and benefits of my stay of employment, but I do understand that now is not the time, especially with the preparations I need to do for the incoming wounded. I do trust however that once things calm down, that I will be shown to my quarters. It's not healthy to work and power down in the same surroundings," Knock Out added, managing to keep his tone still polite while still giving the cot in the corner of the medbay a disdainful glare.

Despite all his posturing, internally Knock Out was breathing a sigh of relief. It had been a risky bid doing this - he could have easily wound up in a worse situation, like being in the brig. Or dead. In fact he wasn't entirely sure if he was still safe when Megatron returned and undoubtedly got a report about all of this, but he'd have to hope his antics impressed the gladiator more than upset him. He had to make sure he was ready to dazzle his incoming patients, and that Lugnut held up in battle and didn't wrongly shame the work he'd done on him. Still so many things to be done to secure his position in the ranks.

South East Border, Iacon

The latest shots aimed at herself and Prowl this time instead of Jazz, Terabolt leapt aside of them, transforming into her catbeast form before landing, and moving to take up position on Scorponok's side, as though to flank him.

"You're eager to have your skidplate handed to you. You're in luck - I graduated not long ago, and I'm free to mangle you in whatever manor I please without a master's approval," She told the Decepticon cheerfully.

The chatter was all for show, to try to draw his attention off of Prowl and Jazz, and the large piece of rubble that had been lifted and sent flying at Scorponok from his opposite side...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Iacon Airspace

Ramjet followed Dirge, but instead of diving in jet mode he transformed and fell to the ground, only kicking in his foot thrusters at the last minute so that he'd leave a burned trail along the ground as he skimmed the streets at a pedestrian's eye level.

"Not many 'Bots," he said with a shrug. "Lots of stores, though. You wanna loot 'em maybe? That'll get some guards comin' our way, I betcha!"

Iacon Streets

Lugnut unconsciously clenched and unclenched his fists as Grimlock insulted them.

"That's functionist!" he told the Autobot. "I have load-lifter's hands and I'm proud of them!"

The bullet's from Grimlock's machine gun hit Lugnut's chest and bounced off, scraping him painfully but otherwise not doing any more damage than the Decepticon's own fire had done to his foe.

"Ouch, I guess," the Decepticon said with a long-armed shrug. Then he grabbed a large piece of rubble with both hands and tossed it at the Autobot's torso, grunting with effort as he wrenched it off the ground and threw.

"The 'clattering' is intentional, I assure you," Predacon told Scorponok. "It makes certain people underestimate me."

Ignoring the Autobots that his Vehicon babies had engaged, he sprayed cyber-venom darts at several groups of Autotroopers before floating over the wall and into the city and sweeping his line of fire across the troops nearest Prowl, Jazz and Terabolt.

"Oh fine," he told Scorponok with obvious boredom. "I'll leave them for you. But only because Tarannie from talking about those Autobot inventors is more interesting than what you've got to say."

To his other peer he said, "So since Scorpy is hogging all the fun here, where do you wanna go?"

The Senate

A cloaked Starscream quietly walked up behind two guards protecting the senate chamber's upper entrance, took them out with quick stabs from his hidden engergon blades and lowered their bodies quietly to the ground. Then he let himself into the room via the open door and long, ornate hallway and sat in a vacant chair. He listened for a moment, amazed that the so-called leaders of the world were still busy debating minutiae as if their city wasn't under attack and their civilization wasn't falling before them.

The seeker nearly had a change of heart, then. They do more harm than good to the Autobots. Almost wish I could leave them alive. Almost.

But he had his orders, and for once he agreed with them. The spectacle of attacking the Senate while it was in session was worth the small tactical sacrifice. So Starscream got back up, quietly snuck around until he was positioned behind the Speaker and the bank of holocameras focused on him. The he decloaked, grabbed the elderly Autobot with one arm and stabbed him through the spark.

"I think it's time you took a recess."

Southeast Border, Iacon

Hammer responded to Obsidian in the affirmative.

"As you wish. Bomber groups three and four, move in on the turrets. Fighter wings six through twelve, provide cover."

The flyers swept in behind Obsidian, firing a stream of rockets and laser blasts at what remained of Iacon's defensive fortifications.

Meanwhile, fleeing ground troopers ran deeper into the city...only to run up against the forcefield barrier and find themselves trapped by the tanks with their backs to an invisible wall. Vehicons dropped by the dozens as Hammer frowned.

"Sir," he told Obsidian, "our advance seems to have halted. Request permission to deploy the adapted Energon drillers."
Lady Quickswitch

Post by Lady Quickswitch »

South-East Border - Iacon

The Autobot saw him. At a distance, the six changer had just cleaved through two Elite Guardsmen. He felt--

fear--

Coming up on that fierce monstrousity. The jet careened toward Sixshot. Quickswitch's cog jittered.

It's--It's him... It's him. It's HIM!

The jet locked onto Sixshot's position below and fired. The hastily-built contraption transformed and landed in robot mode, skidding and shedding sparks as he did so.

"Primus, NO!" he didn't hear his own howl as he looked on Sixshot and the two Elite Guardsmen.

He raised his blasters, shaking.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

The Senate

Thundercracker had made his way to the ground floor. The ceiling above the exit from the Senate Building had collapsed due to the missiles that he fired earlier from the outside, successfully preventing anybody from exiting the building that way.

Once Thundercracker was spotted by civilians, they tried to make their way out of the building via the emergency exits, but Thundercracker put a stop to that too as he fired upon anybody that made their move towards them.

Much to his surprise, there were hardly any guards here. Probably must've gone up the other way towards the ruckus that Skywarp was making. That fool always caught a lot of attention with the way he went about things. Thundercracker shook his head.

He walked towards the exit where one of the guards was stuck with his leg under the debris. The guard tried to reach for his gun, but Thundercracker stepped on his arm and pointed his shoulder mounted rifle at him. "I'm sorry, but I have my orders," he said as he took aim at the guards head. "I'll be quick," he said as he fired off a round at the guard's head, killing him as a result.

Thundercracker's face showed signs of disgust. Not that killing disgusted him, but that it was a mere guardsman. A mech unworthy of his attention. He wanted a challenge and he wasn't going to find it here.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

(OOC: S’okay, Chip :))

Southeast Borders, Iacon

“Acknowledged. Take out the troops – we’ll handle the Senator.” Prowl told Topspin over the radio. He glanced at Jazz. “You’re wounded, but you’ll be of more use mobile than lying on the ground. Jazz: MOVE!”

Prowl dashed to the opposite side that Terabolt did, launching acid pellets at Scorponok’s frame as he moved quicker than his frame suggested he could in robot mode. He hoped Jazz got away fast enough…

“I’m in luck? I find that extremely unlikely – I’m not exactly the bloodthirsty warrior type, but I was hoping for more of a challenge than a secretary, a church girl and that wounded chap I beat up fifteen minutes ago.” Scorponok sighed in an obvious melodramatic manner, as he raised his claws up… and in the same lazy movement aimed his anti-gravity gun towards the rock hurtling towards him and opening fire at it.

The anti-gravity bubble slammed onto the rock, and it began to shoot straight upwards, harmlessly out of Scorponok’s way. “You know, that trick really doesn’t work after the first time I saw it on Kaon.”

With his free claw, Scorponok batted aside Prowl’s acid pellets, the impact not doing much but melt his paint a little. Working with insane mechs like Tarantulas had led him to acid-proof his armour. “Seriously? This is the best that three of you can do? And I did you guys the favour of not letting my more ruthless comrades join in the fun, too. Speaking of which…”

Scorponok raised his voice and called out after Predacon. “Go get yourself blown up flying into a building, you stupid twit!”

Igern let out a wide howl as Springer pulled the sword and jumped out of the way of his claws. The Insecticon snarled a rude curse in a Cybertronian dialect unique to chaos cultists, and brought up his massive arms to shield his head and wounded torso. Springer’s wind tunnel cannons forced even the massive Insecticon backwards, burrowing several deep hits in his armour.

“Crazy! How dare you? I am the third great acolyte of the Emperor of Destruction Violenjieger! I wield powers you, mortal, have no idea about!” Igern let out another cry, and outstretched his claws. Electricity crackled from them and lanced out at the Autobot.

“A forcefield.” Obsidian observed as he launched his missiles, though his tone of voice would be like that of someone deliberating the taste of his morning energon. “Unexpected. But really, with our troops attacking from both directions, it would be far more practical to have them destroy the generators creating this barrier. But I must confess to being slightly impatient and excited, Hammer. Permission granted. Deploy whatever troops you see fit – I am very curious to see how you will choose to handle this situation.”

Approaching the Senate Building

Wind Archer and Thunderwrath split to either side of the Senate building as they did a quick perimeter sweep of it. “All clear, Ultra Magnus, sir.” Wing Archer replied. “I see a massive hole at point 2-5, most likely the Decepticons got in and is doing who knows what.”

“Can’t you just say ‘above the main entrance’ like a normal person would, Archer? We’re not spotting any suspicious movements, sir, but there’s all kinds of chaos here with the crowd running around and dead Autotroopers crashing down and blowing up on the streets.”

Senate Building

“Hey, hey, boss?” Skywarp said into his commlink as he clapped his hands. Starscream showed up on one of the few screens still unmolested by Skywarp’s shooting spree. “You’re on tee-vee! You want me to, uh, press the ‘broadcast’ button or something?”

Arsenal

Silver Raider shrugged. “I’ve heard of him from reports Prowl didn’t expunge. I find that unlikely.”

He nodded at Kup. “We’ve identified the Decepticon known as Lugnut, but he is engaging Grimlock. The Decepticon six-changer known as Sixshot has also surfaced, but our own… six-changer… is engaging him.” Silver Raider’s voice carried a tone of disapproval at the word ‘six-changer’. “We’re still on the lookout for Megatron, sir.” (OOC: Warcry?)

Iacon Streets

“No. That an insult.” Grimlock shook his head. “Me, Grimlock, member of whichever religion piss you off.”

Lugnut launched a massive piece of rubble at Grimlock, who strapped the atom-smasher machinegun back onto his wrist, and balled his fist. Launching himself into the air again, the Autobot met the thrown piece of rubble with his own fists, the force cracking the rubble. Grimlock winced as something within his left arm popped loose, but he didn’t let it show as he burst through the cloud of debris and towards Lugnut.

The Autobot then attempted to bring both fists down onto the large Decepticon’s head and knock him to the ground. “Me, Grimlock, have ass-kicking hands and me very proud of them!” He roared.

North Iacon

“Ah.” Sixshot’s optics looked up as the Autobot six-changer shot towards him, and opened fire. Sixshot deftly side-stepped the first blast, whilst he pointedly stood still for the second blast to slam onto his shoulder. The Decepticon was pushed slightly backwards, and his shoulder was burnt black by the resulting explosion, and part of the piece was bent slightly. But if Sixshot felt any pain lancing through the damaged shoulder, his faceplated visage betrayed no such emotion.

What his face displayed, however, was a bright, excited hunger.

“No, not Primus.” Sixshot shook his head, and raised his own blasters straight towards Quickswitch, but did not fire. “I AM SIXSHOT, Decepticon Solo Assault Transformer Group!” The six-changer declared loudly in his deep, baritone voice, the reverberations it caused actually causing some of the metallic debris to vibrate.

“You.” Sixshot gestured at Quickswitch with one gun, noting in slight disappointment his adversary’s shaking. “You are the six-changer the Autobots built. I have been informed of your existence. Come. Introduce yourself, and show me how good you are!”
Lady Quickswitch

Post by Lady Quickswitch »

North Iacon

Horror and wonder crackled through him as he saw the Decepticon six-changer dodge his attack and then stand so perfectly still and deliberately take the shot in the shoulder.

"Holy--" Switch whispered.

When the six changer announced his presence, Quickswitch had to fight between daunted indecision and a sudden glut of amusement.

"A group?!" he roared back, "YOU'RE NOT A GROUP!"

His youthful tenor burst forth edged and hysterical laughter that died in a staccato. One by one.

Then, he said in a sly near-whisper, "I'm Quickswitch. Autobot Assault Warrior. Now--" He aimed at the taller Transformer and fired another few shots with his blasters, "--with that out of the way--"

He didn't finish, just kept firing, somewhere between fury and fear and bravado.

Switch.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Iacon Streets

Sixshot did not deign to respond at Quickswitch's insane laughter. It was his rank, it was his division -- and if this Autobot did not understand, well, he had announced himself.

Now he can kill.

"With that out of the way?" Sixshot asked as he lunged forwards, hitting the ground in armoured car mode and roaring towards Quickswitch, the Autobot's blasts flying over his head.

Sixshot's engines revved out loudly as he launched concussion blasts from his cannons, zooming towards Quickswitch, before quickly unfurling into his beast mode and skittering to one side in anticipation of the Autobot predicting his movements. "That sounded like it ended with a comma. I thought our side was the one with nutjobs."

Sixshot leaped into the air with a roaring howl, making as if to leap at Quickswitch and tear into him with his claws.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

(OOC: When Megatron wants to be seen, trust me, he'll be seen. :glance: I want to let the other Decepticons have their moments first though.)

Iacon Streets

"I don't care what god you pray to," Lugnut told Grimlock with contempt. "You're an Autobot, and a traitor twice over. I couldn't hate you more if I tried."

He dodged as Grimlock came out of the dust cloud swinging, but not fast enough for the blow to miss him entirely. It landed heavily on his right shoulder and the engine cowling therein, dropping him to one knee and letting out a loud, hollow clang.

"You call that a punch?" he demanded as he balled his left hand up into a fist and threw a heymaker at Grimlock's midsection.

"You wish!" Predacon shouted back to Scorponok. "I fly into one of the buildings you built, it'll fall down and leave me unscathed!"

The Senate

Most of the senators -- the ones with common sense, anyway -- charged for the exit as Starscream dropped the speaker's body to the floor. A few of them froze, either too scared to flee or too outraged at the intrusion on their chamber to realize the danger they were in. Starscream ignored them. They could wait until later.

Raising his stolen neutron assault rifle, he held it in a two-handed grip and fired toward the chamber's main doorway. The weapon's six barrels spun, spitting out subatomic particulate death at thousands of rounds per second. Of course, from this distance it was impossible to aim at any one senator, and many escaped out of the chamber amid the hail of nearly invisible bullets. But enough of them didn't. At least two dozen of the politicians dropped in their tracks as tiny particles travelling at two dozen times the speed of sound ripped through their bodies, destroying key components, crushing transformation cogs or perforating brain modules.

Then Skywarp's call interrupted his killing spree. Lowering the pilfered gun, he replied, "We're already broadcasting, Skywarp. The Senate has their own channel devoted to nothing but their tiresome debates. It's one of the ways they pretend that they're still a democracy. Or, well, pretended. I don't think there's going to be another session any time soon. I think you can cut the feed now."

Though Starscream had only killed a fraction of the government, the fleeing senators would, in short order, wind up near Thundercracker's location. He expected the other Decepticon would either make short order of them, or capture them for their leader's amusement.

Southeast Border, Iacon

"As you wish." Hammer send a new set of instructions out, and a collection of hastily-retrofitted and armoured mining machines rolled through to the front lines. Large enough to crush an Autotrooper under their treads, they were equipped with massive front-end drills and had been intended as a last-ditch weapon if the Decepticons couldn't breach the city walls. But since the gates were open, the mining vehicles rolled through...then sunk their drills into the ground and started digging. Though they would be an easy target for the Sentinel tanks, once one of them had bored down into the city's underground tunnels the Decepticons would be able to access any part of the city they wished -- including the location of the newly-installed shield generators.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Southeast Borders, Iacon

Jazz was already up and moving even before Prowl yelled at him to do so. Jazz rolled out of the way of Scorponok's attack to avoid any damage. "You're not going to beat this guy using conventional methods," he said to both Terabolt and Prowl. "Let me show you."

To gain momentum for his attack, Jazz transformed into vehicle mode and made his way with haste towards Scorponok. Once close to his target, Jazz transformed back into robot mode and activated his headlights. At this close a range, it would have a temporarily blinding effect and Jazz would use that distraction to attempt to tackle the large former Senator.

Springer was knocked back a bit by the impact of his own fire. He smiled though. If it didn't look that way, Springer knew full well what he was doing. "Third great, huh?" he said to Igern. "Too bad, you're not the first. I would've liked a challenge," he added mockingly.

Springer ran at Igern with his sword held low. Igern's claws hit Springer and electrocuted the triple changer, but Springer didn't go down. He refused to. With electricity going through him, Springer made an upwards swing to try and cut off one of Igern's arms. "You may wield powers, but you'll find that I'm no slouch either."

Tarantulas actually laughed at Predacon's comments about Scorponok's buildings not being structurally sound. "Too bad he didn't build all of Iacon," he said. "This war would've been over in mere seconds then."

Tarantulas revved his engines as he sped towards the city. "To their so-called War Academy," he said to Predacon. "It's the only logical place where Wheeljack and Highbrow would be."

Senate Building

"Copy that," Magnus replied to Wing Archer and Thunderwrath. Magnus could hear the screaming from inside and the explosions that accompanied them.

"We don't have much intel on these Seekers yet, and so far we know that one of them has teleportation capabilities, so this is what we are going to do: Wing Archer, you and Tracks are going to start from top and work your way down scouting for the enemy. Thunderwrath, you're with me. I need you to lift me up so I can enter the building. So far it seems that all other entrances have been blocked."

Ultra Magnus showed Thunderwrath where he was hiding so he could pick him up. "Remember people: Do not engage the enemy on your own without permission. These guys are dangerous and should be treated as such."

Arsenal

Kup pulled out a cy-gar, bit off the top and put it in his mouth. "You don't know Grimlock like I do," he told Sliver Raider. "Reports in him are expunged for a reason," he added as he started chewing on the cy-gar. It was a nasty habit, but in times like these, a cy-gar gave him a bit more piece of mind.

"So Megatron is unaccounted for? That can't be good," he said as he took the cy-gar out of his mouth for a moment. "Who knows what he's up to."

(OOC: Ramjet and Dirge perhaps?)
Aspiring DJ!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

((OOC: Works for me, unless Warcry had plans for them. My plans are wide open right now :) ))

Southeast Borders, Iacon

With Jazz using his headlights to attempt to blind Scorponok, Terabolt would rush him from the side, leaping up to maul the senator at close range.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Iacon Streets

"You Lugnut try. You be wrong." Grimlock snorted at Lugnut as he caused the larger Decepticon to his knees. "Also, not traitor. Him Bucket-Head conscript me, Grimlock. Me technically not defect to Decepticon side."

Grimlock grunted as Lugnut's punch slammed onto his midsection, knocking him off Lugnut and slightly backwards. Slamming both fists together, Grimlock let out a growl. "If me, Grimlock, not call that punch, me not sure what to call what you Lugnut just did."

The Autobot let out a roar and aimed a right hook at Lugnut's head. "ME SMASH YOUR EYE!"

The Senate

"Oh!" Skywarp replied to Starscream cheerily. "Okay then. I just thought we could broadcast it through, like, all the airwaves, but okay!"

Skywarp then opened fire at the last remaining console and it erupted in a shower of sparks as well. "Room's clear! What now, boss?"

Wing Archer transformed and landed near the hole on the roof. "Roger that, sir." As he waited for Tracks to arrive, he notched an energon arrow onto a sleek metal bow.

Thunderwrath swooped down, and from his undercarriage a tow-line dangled down towards Ultra Magnus. "No offense, sir, but you look a fair bit heavier. Good thing R&D got me these new-fangled magnetized tow-lines."

Arsenal

"So we've heard." Silver Raider shrugged at Kup. "Either way, he's on our side now." He paused. "Two Seekers, their non-standard design suggests they are elite troops or at least independent enough. They took out a squad of our men. Four clicks at our eight o'clock."

Southeastern Borders

Obsidian watched as Hammer's drill engines moved into place and started to ram into the ground. The Sentinel tanks, of course, attempted to take aim and shoot them down, but there were too many Decepticons and too few Autobots...

The Decepticon moved out of the way of a few hails of bullets, before launching a pair of missiles at one of the last autoguns remaining.

Prowl chuckled as Jazz moved into place, but his attention was elsewhere -- namely, Iacon. "Topspin, Windcharger, Nightbeat, Hot Rod -- whoever's left -- take out those drill tanks!"

"Oh, I'll give you that." Scorponok muttered at Predacon's parting jib.

Scorponok raised an optic brow as Jazz shot towards him in his vehicular mode, and activated his headlights. Scorponok's orange-coloured data visor instantly polarized -- a protective measure extremely useful when he's in the laboratory -- but the sudden change in his vision did achieve the intended effect of temporarily stunning him.

The larger Decepticon grunted as Jazz slammed onto him, pushed back slightly. Terabolt's claws bit onto his right flank soon afterwards. Scorponok instinctively swung his massive, heavy claws around, intending to knock the two smaller Autobots off, or at least scare them enough to do so. "Mmm. More like it." The Senator chuckled.

Meanwhile, his tail-stinger charged up with electricity once more.

Igern cackled. "I killed and ate the first and second. I absorbed their powers. And I will eat the rest too -- Obsidian! Starscream! Clench! Megatron! I will be the strongest of-"

Igern didn't get to finish his sentence, though, for Springer, unexpectedly, ignored the blast of lightning and sliced. Igern howled loudly as his massive arm flew through the air -- separated from him. Energon and mech fluid gushed out from the stump that used to be his elbow.

Igern staggered backwards, blindly shooting out electricity from his remaining arm.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

The Senate

"None taken," Magnus replied when grabbed on to the tow line so that Thunderwrath could carry him in. "Wheeljack ensured me that I wouldn't be much heavier than I was before. Rather not wear the armor, but it's necessary."

Arsenal

"More Seekers?" Kup said to Silver Raider. "Too many of those damn guys flying around in my city," he continued as he put his cy-gar away.

"Let's knock these guzzlers out of the sky and show them that you don't mess with Iacon. Follow me!" he said as he transformed and rolled out.

"Yes, sergeant!" Flameblaze and Shortstop said as they transformed and followed Kup.

Southeastern Borders

Much to his surprise, Jazz's attack had the desired effect, but his injured leg was still hindering him and thus was knocked away by Scorponok's massive claw.

While knocked down, he saw that Terabolt's was successful too. "That's it! Keep at 'im!"

Jazz looked up and noticed that Scorponok was ready to fire his stinger again. "Look out! He's going to fire that stinger again," he shouted as he created some distance between himself and Scorponok.

"Wow. You and Tarantulas must get along well then," he said as he took a few steps back. While Springer showed know exterior effects from the electric attack, it still stung and he took a moment to shake it off. A moment he had because Igern seemed a little in shock now that his arm was cut off.

Not for long though as Igern was blindly shooting out bolts of electricity and Springer had to constantly dodge the attack. Being hit by it once wasn't pleasant and he doubted that even his triple changer body could survive multiple hits. While dodging the attack, Springer moved a bit closer "Try dodging this," he said as he took aim and fired off a round with his wind funnel cannon.
Aspiring DJ!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

The Senate:

Tracks lifted into the air after skimming along over the rooftops, transforming to robot mode and landing on the opposite side of the hole from Wing Archer. Making sure his overhead laser cannons were ready to fire, he pulled his black beam gun and switched it to wide angle, then looked over at Wing Archer. "Ready?"

War Room:

He'd seen enough.

Barely suppressing a growl of rage, Ironhide stormed out, heading for Sentinel's office.

South East borders:

Nightbeat looked up, wearily. "You know, I always figured that if I died, it was going to be in a hail of gunfire from hardened criminals. Maybe saving the life of somebody, probably a fellow officer."

"Or maybe stabbed in the back by some punk kid who wants your money?"

"Admittedly more likely. However I was planning on checking out, that group of idiots up there was not part of the plan. Don't see any bunkers nearby, do you?"

Hot Rod shook his head. "We got zip for good cover. Just the building."

Ducking down behind a shattered wall, Nightbeat checked the charge in his plasma blaster. "Hnn. How good a shot and how fast are you?"

Hot Rod, ducking down next to him, shrugged. "Pretty fast, and pretty good. Why?"

"I've still got a link to one of the tanks. If you can distract those guys, we might be able to take them."

Lift, leaving Vector Sigma:

Orion looked over at Yoketron. "We need to get back. But I have a feeling our return trip may not be as easy as it was getting here."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642