[New RPG] World at War: The Siege of Iacon

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Sub-Barracks 7, Nemesis:

When the security detail arrived, the head of the squad already knew who was involved, what their records, if any, were, and what they were going to find: Some poor newbie spread across the walls by a bunch of heavy troopers.

Not that anything would actually come of it. Hell, the only reason they were responding was the screaming. The newbie must've been one of the believers in the spirit of the cause, not a fighter.

The squad leader began to think he might have been mistaken as he neared the barracks room and saw a hand. Just the hand. It was embedded in the bulkhead near the doorway, fingers splayed. If he'd had to guess, it had been severed slightly above the wrist and was now sticking out of the wall, looking almost as if the heavy trooper it had once been attached to had punched through the other side.

Then the squad leader got to the doorway. And stared in horror at what he saw.

Sitting cross legged in the center of the carnage, fingers steepled before him, in the middle of the only clean spot in the room, was a small green and rust colored Decepticon.

There was no way, no WAY that this little runt could have done this to a squad of heavy troopers.

Was there?

War Academy:

Tracks swooped down, lowering Quickswitch as gently as he could to the ground near Ratchet. "He's hurt pretty badly."

Ironhide rolled in through the Academy gates, transforming to robot mode and carrying the critically injured Bumblebee over to Prowl, Terabolt, and Ratchet. "So's this little guy."

Optimus strode up to them, the Gatling Cannon swinging back up and folding into his arm, the faceplate retracting, much to his annoyance. "I suppose I should introduce myself. I am Optimus Prime."

On the road to the War Academy:

Nightbeat breathed a sigh of relief. Whatever this big thing was, at least it was friendly.

Hot Rod looked Grimlock up and down. "You have no idea how relieved I am to hear that." He lowered the rocket launcher. "I'm Hot Rod, and my broken friend here is Nightbeat. Think you could carry him to the War Academy for me?"
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
LQS
Protoform

Post by LQS »

Space

Sky Lynx laughed at Shockwave's feeble attempts at an insult. And then- Sky Lynx did what only Sky Lynx could do:

At a mental command, he split forms. The bottom dropped away and unfolded into his lynx mode, and the top unfolded nasty claws into his dino-bird mode, giving Shockwave not one, but two targets to suddenly deal with.

Sky Lynx simultaneously fired his mouth-laser at the cannon and shot forward in lynx mode to engage him personally.

===============

The Academy

Quickswitch was set onto the ground.

"Th-thank you," he said to Tracks.

When the other Autobots came up, Quick was surprised and stunned to learn one of them was Optimus Prime.

He painfully saluted, "Optimus Prime!" he said with all his strength, "I, Autobot Quickswitch, pledge myself to you."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Nemesis

Predacon made a contemptuous noise. "I don't have time to duel some jumped-up monk," he told Scorponok. "I raided the War Academy for science, not to fight death matches. Tarannie tried that, and look at what happened to him. Or, you know, yourself."

He pondered the information that Sixshot offered, then nodded pensively. "Well, Lugnut certainly is no pushover. He was a solid performer in the ultraheavyweight division in Kaon's gladiator arenas. If the Autobot could survive him, he's certainly not someone to underestimate -- though of course he's not on your level since Scorponok and I didn't make him."

Lugnut wasn't sure exactly how to take Sixshot's response, so he just grunted before asking, "Did I see you fighting Grimlock down on the surface? I've run into him more than once. He's very hard to kill, the traitor."

Space

Shockwave froze for a single, critical moment as Sky Lynx split apart, his logic circuits unable to decide which of them to target first. Eventually he settled on the feline section, but in the time it took to do that Sky Lynx was able to open fire. The laser blast punched a hole through his starboard wing, which would make things very difficult for him if he had to partake in atmospheric flight.

Moments later he returned the favour, firing an intense beam of infrared radiation from his main cannon at Sky Lynx's lynx section in the hopes of overheating it.
LQS
Protoform

Post by LQS »

Space

The laughing Lynx took the blast full on, turning end over end but not straying from his target. The infrared radiation buried deep into his armor, heating it to what other Cybertronians would find unendurable, even lethal levels--but not Sky Lynx. He felt the heat rise, felt the armor absorb and cool the sudden attack with his superior construction.

The Sky aimed his one tail-missile at Shockwave and fired it.

He felt too grim for anymore snappy comments to the one-eyed Decepticon. Death was below.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

((ooc: Sorry for delays guys, work strikes again. If I can get ahold of something with a stable schedule, I'll jump employers in a heartbeat, I'm getting tired of these surprise shifts every week...))

Medbay, Nemesis

Oh lovely, he communicated regularly with his brother, it seemed; that was not good news for Knock Out. But then what part of this day had been?

Knock Out did not let it rattle him (visibly, anyways...) grabbing some supplies to put some sealant on the cuts Predacon had managed to get on his face. "Yes, I did go through a rather 'spectacular' introduction to the forces, but I didn't understand really what Megatron was trying to accomplish until I arrived here. But now that I am, I've joined the cause whole-heartedly," Knock Out would make a gesture as he paused briefly, somewhat like a shrug but it was also meant as a discrete gesture to show off the fact that he wasn't being bound by anything to keep him there.

"As far as your group, no, I'm not looking for an invitation. I get the feeling I'm going to be busy here for quite some time," Knock Out said with a brief survey of the room. "But what your group is doing is fascinating, and Governor Scorponok over there mentioned losing specimens for lack of monitoring of their vitals. I would like to offer my assistance if you have any projects going that could benefit from medical services, given that there are no medical emergencies going on here, of course."

War Academy

"Formerly Orion Pax," Yoketron would say for clarity as he came up beside Optimus, just in case there were others who would not know him. He would give a brief nod to Terabolt who returned the gesture, neither of them wanting to take Tera's focus from keeping back the oncoming undead. Yoketron then turned his attention directly back to Optimus.

"We can't stay here long, the terrorcons will keep coming, and the Decepticons may retaliate if they take note of us regrouping," the elder Temple Knight advised.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Nemesis

"Yeah, about that..." Predacon almost shrugged, until he realized that it would disrupt Knock Out's work. He sounded at least a bit apologetic. "You know how it is with most docs...trained in Iacon or one of the other big, fancy Autobot schools. No sympathy for the common mech. Weren't too many lining up to join the cause. I'm not sure the, uh, 'forced recruitment units' were the best solution, but we had to do something to keep the troops alive. Glad to hear there's no hard feelings."

He glanced around the medbay, as if seeing it for the first time. "You aren't the only one working here, are you? We conscripted more doctors than just you. They should have sent more than one to the flagship, even if you are reputed to be the best of them. If you're getting overwhelmed, I can have some assistants brought over from one of the other warships. If nothing else, it would free up some of your time to join the rest of us in extracurricular activities later on."

Space

Shockwave fired his engines, avoiding Lynx at the last moment due to the Autobot's tumble. However, he wasn't able to avoid Sky's missile, at least not entirely. The explosive went off only a few meters away from him, pelting his engine with shrapnel. His thrust stream started to sputter, but he still managed to crudely steer himself towards the dinobird and fire another infrared blast in his direction.
LQS
Protoform

Post by LQS »

Space

"Haven't you learned?" said the dinobird, "I am far superior to many of my fellows!"

Sky Lynx lazily tumbled and wheeled away from the infra-red blast. It wouldn't have done much to the slightly more vulnerable dino-bird mode--but only slightly more vulnerable.

The beast magnificently closed in, ending the wheel with a well-timed transformation into his large gryphon mode. If he's in range, he's lashing out to grab Shockwave in his tail's powerful coils!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Academy:

Prowl gave Optimus Prime a salute. “Sir.” Whys and hows can wait. They have a commanding officer. They have a base.

This, Prowl can work with.

“We’re creating a perimeter. Setting up this point of rendezvous to our surviving forces, but I fear the Decepticons didn’t leave us to let us rebuild. They may be planning to return with something more permanent while we busy ourselves with the undead.”

“I advocate evacuation.”

Ratchet nodded as Bumblebee and Quickswitch were bought before him. He ejected the scalpels to the ground, and his hands retracted back into place. “Sling, Splint, transport them into the medical bay now. Get me an energon line for both of them, and if anyone sees that blasted idiot Tinker, drag him here even if you have to pull him out of stasis lock.”

“Save your strength, Switch. Hi Prime bye Prime.” Ratchet waved at the new Prime, before heading off with the field medics who transported the two wounded Autobots to the medical bay.

Ratchet moved in, and immediately set to work on taking vitals, making sure they are alive.

The small yellow Autobot – he was hurt badly, but whatever blew a hole through his torso cauterized the wounds, stopping the energon and mech fluid from draining out completely. However, there seemed to be a significant loss of parts… that wasn’t the priority. The priority is to keep him alive.

“Sling, hook him up to energon lines, and start sterilizing the wounds. He’s out of danger for now.”

He then moved up to Quickswitch… well, on the surface he didn’t look any more beat up than any of the other wounded Autobots in the medbay, but who knows what this six-changer’s been through? How does his physiology even work? Ratchet’s seen the tech specs that Tinker did to upgrade the sixchanger, but how can he even begin to try and diagnose what’s wrong?

“Splint, start plugging up those wounds. Bounceback, start on those burn wounds, replace any of the burnt tissue with any spare parts we have on hand. Fluoroscope, Debrider, you two and I, we’re going to do an open surgery and work on his internals. I suspect the transformation cog may be hit worst. Goals are to stabilize and restore locomotion. And can someone please drag Tinker down here?” Ratchet then leaned down next to Quickswitch’s head. “Switch, can you hear me? This is Ratchet. We’re going to do our damnadest to get you back up. So work with us, yes? Stay strong.”

On the road to the War Academy:

Grimlock looked at Hot Rod and Nightbeat with his red visor blankly, before nodding slowly.

"Yes." Grimlock said. The large Autobot clipped his weapons to his back, and lurched over to where Nightbeat was. As gently as he could, he lifted Nightbeat up, holding him stiffly with his arms stretched out.

"Where?" He managed to let out, audibly straining himself.

Medbay, Nemesis

“Lesson learned and noted.” Scorponok chuckled. “I’ll concede that one to you. Next time I’ll shove Tarantulas at the Templars and go with you for raids.”

“I see.” Sixshot replied to Predacon, putting the information about Lugnut deep in his head. Not someone to underestimate. He understood. Megatron’s bodyguard.

Good. The Autobot is a worthy foe.

The Creators did not make the Autobot. He was not on his level.

He- Sixshot- was not performing up to the task.

He needed to be stronger.

He needed more opponents to test his mettle. He needed Quickswitch and Grimlock to grow and be stronger. He needed more fights. He needed that.

Lugnut’s voice brought Sixshot out of his train of thought, and he nodded. “Grimlock. Yes, I did fight him. He packs a surprisingly powerful punch for someone so visibly wounded. I must confess I may have underestimated him.” Sixshot replied to Lugnut, before pausing.

Traitor?

noun
noun: traitor; plural noun: traitors

A person who is not loyal to his or her own country, friends, etc. : a person who betrays a country or group of people by helping or supporting an enemy

Betray?

Supporting the enemy?

“I am entirely unaware that he used to be among us.” Sixshot said, shaking his head. “I should have made his death more certain. I did not confirm it.”

What an honourless creature.

No, Sixshot decided. He did not need to leave such a degenerate alive. Quickswitch was entirely different – he was a weapon, same as he. This ‘traitor’, though? This traitor needs to pay for his actions.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

On the road to the Academy:

Nightbeat, still in a lot of pain, suddenly found himself in the air, figuring that if the hordes weren't trying to eat him, being used to smack them around wasn't his favorite option.

But it was better than being dead.

Probably.

------------

Hot Rod marveled at the ease Grimlock hoisted Nightbeat into the air. "Um..... Yeah. Follow me, Big Guy." He transformed back to vehicle mode and started towards the Academy.

War Academy:

Optimus dropped to one knee, looking at Quickswitch[\b], and returned the salute. "Good to meet you, Quickswitch."

Optimus stood and nodded at Prowl's assessment. "I'm afraid I have to agree, Prowl. What the Decepticons have done have made the planet uninhabitable. Although if that was Megatron's plan all along, I doubt he'd waste time and energy to finish wiping us out. Disorganizing us, scattering us- that would have been his goal."

"Looks lake he got whut he wanted," snorted Ironhide.

"Maybe. Maybe not. He may not have realized that Sentinel had picked a successor so soon. As long as we don't give in to chaos and fear, we'll be fine." Optimus looked around at the battered buildings of the War Academy. "For now, let's make sure we're as secure as we can be. Ironhide, get to the War Room, see if you can get the perimeter sensor systems back online. Prowl, as soon as we've got a secure wall, start setting up aerial scouting teams." The wings on Prime's backpack flipped out and deployed, then folded back in. "I'm going to hope there's more than two of us who can fly. We're going to need to scout all of the spaceports to find something big enough to get our people off planet."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

On the road to the Academy:

Holding Nightbeat and trying his darnedest not to rattle the other Autobot too much, Grimlock followed Hot Rod at a brisk run towards the Academy, his eyes still a bit dull but nonetheless alert for any sort of movement nearby.

War Academy:

Prowl frowned. "I am not sure about that -- if I was the one planning this invasion, hypothetically, I would crush the remnants of the Autobots, making sure there was absolutely no chance they'll regroup and prove to be a thorn in whatever their master plan is. Granted they might have their hands full taking out or taking over all the other colonies around the star system, but judging from the amount of firepower and the fleet they have, it would be a simple matter to spare several ships for an orbital bombardment."

Prowl nodded at Optimus' next words. "But yes, he might not have expected a new leadership figure to take over so quickly. So it all depends on how quickly and swiftly we act in the next few hours. I shall round up as many flight-capable Autobots as I can, sir." Prowl opened a commlink and let out a broadcast. "Any Autobots with airborne capabilities, sound off and report to the main courtyard ASAP."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Medbay, Nemesis

"Yes, at one time I thought about getting certification around all of Cybertron, starting at Iacon General. I myself was proudly and exceptionally trained at the Kaon medical Institute, so as soon as they saw that they turned their noses up at my degree and offered to retrain me 'correctly', and I promptly shunted those arrogant credit-chasers," Knock Out answered as Predacon talked about the other doctors. Then Predacon started to notice the state of the medbay.

"Oh, I've been handling well enough, your creations are making for quite capable assistants," Knock Out answered. "Though yes, someone with more advanced medical skills would be able to help speed up the work and hold down the medbay should I need to step out. Things could get dicey if several emergencies show up and there's only one capable surgeon in myself.

"As for yourself, though, your work is complete," Knock Out announced almost grandly, making a few final touches before stepping back. "You'll need some repainting and resurfacing of course, but all cosmetic work at this point. I'll be happy to finish it for you later, once the wounds of your creations have been attended to."

War Academy

With Optimus and Prowl handling organizing the troops, Yoketron would join Terabolt in keeping the perimeter secure from the shambling horrocons still trying to encroach their 'safe zone'.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Nemesis

"Iaconians," Predacon snorted. "Always so high and mighty. Well...not so much anymore I guess. Have you seen what we did with the place?" he asked Knock Out. "You should look up the vids once you're done working here. I think you'll get a smile out of it."

Once the doctor gave him a clean bill of health, he flexed his arms experimentally and nodded. "Feels much better." Then he shrugged. "Cosmetics? Eh. That can wait. I'll get out of your way...and see what I can do about dragging some help over here while I'm at it. For maximum irony, you want me to grab a couple folks that were trained in Iacon for you to boss around?"

"Yeah," Lugnut mused, thinking about what Sixshot had said. "Grimlock is easy to underestimate. Seems like a total dummy, thick as a brick wall...but he's not. He just doesn't talk right. Used to take advantage of it all the time in the pit fights."

He shrugged.

"There's always next time," he reassured the sixchanger. "If you don't get him, and I don't get him, I'm sure the mighty Megatron will."

Space

"Superiority over Autobots is no accomplishment," Shockwave told Sky Lynx flatly. "Your world is ashes and your society has crumbled. The Decepticon ideology will spread to the stars while the handful of remaining Autobots scrabble around the surface of Cybertron desperately trying to fend off the death that is all but inevitable. You will--"

At this point, the gryphon's tail lashed out and grabbed Shockwave, further crushing his engine module.

"Your...efforts are futile, Au...Autobot. Your cause is defeated."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Main Courtyard, War Academy:

Optimus stood there, watching the hustle of activity. While waiting for more flight capable Autobots to show up, he started mentally cataloging his new systems.

BFCGOD - Two, which was a worry. The recoil would be a major problem. That being said, if he was in a situation where he'd need two massive underslung chain guns firing away, recoil would be the least of his problems.

Plasma cannons - Two, one in each arm. He examined his forearms, wondering exactly where they were. Behind pop up panels? In the palms of his hands? With a whirring click, his hands retracted and barrels slid out. Then reverted back to normal.

Optimus let out a brief sigh. A rifle. Just a simple ion rifle. Would that be so much to ask?

He tried to ignore the almost silent Yes, that drifted up from the depth of the Matrix housed in his chest.

War Room, War Academy:

The room was dark.

Shattered display screens and destroyed stations, panels blown apart and scattered across the room. The main holo display tank in the center of the room dead, silent.

The room was also a tomb, the few technicians that hadn't made it out before the room blew up(thanks to a near hit from one of Megatron's Dark Energon missiles), scattered in pieces around the room.

And then, there was sound.

It was a distant sound, muffled. Like some wierd combination of swearing, moans, and weapons fire.

The sound grew, and with it came flashes of light. And more yelling, swearing, and moans.

Ironhide finally staggered into the War Room, Dark Energon zombies locked onto his arms, legs, and one wrapped around his torso from behind, which was battering it's head against the top of Ironhide's H.U.D., trying to bite the old Autobot's head.

With a scowl and an annoyed grunt, Ironhide smashed the zombie clinging to his left arm against the wall, again and again, it's cranial unit finally crushing into scrap. He started to reach for his pistol, which was normally stored on his hip, then snarled as he remembered one of the earlier slag-sucking zombies had eaten it. So, not wanting to use his chemical sprayer or blast his own arm point blank with a chain gun, he grabbed the zombie's head with his left hand and started squeezing, fingers digging into cranial casing, digging deeper through optics, then ripping the top of the zombie's head off.

His hands freed, he grabbed the one that had glommed onto his torso and ripped it loose, flinging it back through the hall. He ripped the one clinging to his left leg free, dropping it to the floor and stomping it's head into the floor plating. He ripped the one clinging to his right leg loose and proceeded to use the zombie to beat the zombie he'd just thrown back into the hall.

Within a few breems, it was over. Five more dead zombies, one battered, scratched, scraped, and thoroughly annoyed ancient Autobot who thanked, not for the first time, who or whatever it was that built him for using armor that was practically indestructible. With the attendant, why didn'cha make mah internals th' same way? that went along with it.

Gates to the War Academy:

Hot Rod skidded to a halt and transformed to robot mode. "Don't shoot the big guy! He's on our side!"

--------

Nightbeat heard Hot Rod yelling in the distance. Shot by my own people while trying to escape the zombie hordes. Wouldn't that just be my luck.......

LQS
Protoform

Post by LQS »

Space

Sky Lynx roared defiance, "We will prevail!" The beast could have crushed Shockwave in his tail's coils, but, disgusted, doubting, and once more lingering on the Matrix, Sky Lynx flung Shockwave into Cybertron's gravity well.

=========

Quickswitch laid back down, feeling the weakness overtake him.

"Okay, Ratchet..." he replied to the medic, "Lugnut did...something and got me good. Need to...Need to rest..."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Medbay, Nemesis

"I had a chance to see the work in-progress, but rush on in here has preventing me from observing the end results," Knock Out answered. "But judging from the incoming wounded, I'd have to guess that things went well overall. For now, though, best get back to patching these boys up. I'll be able to take in the beauty of the Iaconian wreckage once everyone else is fit to do so themselves."

With Predacon's wounds handled, Knock Out glanced around the room again to check fro anyone need of immediate critical attention, then decided the assisting Vehicons had it handled for the moment getting patients prepped. He instead proceeded over to the diagnostic computer that had been running scans on Obsidian, giving the coming results a considerative examination.

"Sixshot, was it?" Knock Out would call briefly over his shoulder to get the warrior's attention before turning back to the computer. "From what I'm able to tell, your friend here has no need of a doctor. Or at least I should say not one of my field," Knock Out would start to explain. "All of his vitals are strong, there's no damage of note inside or out, and he's under no chemicals or any other sort of impairment. I'm afraid if there's anything wrong with him, it may be psychosomatic."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

War Room, Academy:

Ironhide scowled at the destruction.

The destruction was not moved by the old Autobot's displeasure.

"Nnn." Pulling a small scanner unit, he started checking connections. After a few minutes, his scowl lightened slightly. While the wall displays and terminals were pretty much nothing but rubble, the main holo display tank was simply disconnected from power. And the damaged controls for the tank itself were easy enough to patch, or bypass if they couldn't be fixed.

A few more minutes of work, and the holo-tank's light filled the room with a warm, blue-white glow....... Of snow.

He touched a control, then another, trying to get a picture, an image, anything.

Nothing. Just snow.

Which meant one of two things: Either most, if not all, of the external sensor feeds were disabled; or all of the external sensors were destroyed.

He checked a few more readings on the tank, an idea slowly forming. Then he picked up the severed arm of one of the techs, popped open a panel, and started pulling wires.

Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Nemesis

"Well, thanks again for the tuneup, doc," Predacon told Knock Out. "I'm sure I'll be seeing you soon."

He nodded to Sixshot and Lugnut, saying, "We should head to the bridge. Megatron may yet need our assistance."

"Of course," Lugnut agreed. "We shouldn't leave him unguarded for long."

Space

Shockwave's damaged engines tried to arrest his descent, but to no avail. Gravity was a cruel mistress who did not easily give up that which fell into her clutches, and Cybertron's gravity was the cruellest of all. He briefly considered calling for help, but the Nemesis was already outbound and Megatron wouldn't turn his ship around for a single mech no matter how useful that mech was.

He supposed that he could beg the Autobot for mercy. They were a weak and overly-moral lot, in his experience. Prone to ignoring the weak and downtrodden when they were far away, but unable to ignore their pleas when face-to-face. Yes, Sky Lynx would probably feel obliged to save him if he called out...but he remained silent.

To a lesser being, uncontrolled atmospheric reentry would spell certain doom. And even to Shockwave, with his super-dense armour and somewhat-functional fight controls, it would be highly dangerous. But he could yet survive, and if he survived...

The opportunities would be limitless, he realized. With both Megatron and the Autobots gone, there would be no one left on their dying world but a scant few refugees, starving and desperate. They would be no threat to one such as him. And the lack of useable Energon posed no threat either, not with his internal fusion reactor able to sustain him at 94% operating capacity indefinitely. The world would be his for the taking...and he might finally be able to get some real work done.

All of those thoughts passed through Shockwave's mind in a fraction of a second, and he surrendered himself to gravity's cruel embrace.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Hangar, Nemesis

Dirge would transform as he came in for a landing, taking time to brush off some remaining dust and rubble from their romp around Iacon. The old mech and his minions had managed to mess them up, but Iacon had still been laid to waste. Dirge was happy that he'd been involved in the battle instead of hanging back as a body guard for his old employer - even with getting banged up, it was so much more fun to be in the thick of the action.

Dirge glanced around the hangar as he waited for Ramjet to join him, not seeing a whole lot of cons in the area that looked like they'd been in the fighting. They must have already dragged themselves off to the medbay. The thought reminded himself about Knock Out, and how much the doctor must now be languishing in his new predicament. He didn't want to miss any more of it.

"Come on Ramjet, I wanna visit the medbay. See how the doc's holding up with the rush," Dirge spoke, starting to head in that direction.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hangar, Nemesis

Ramjet transformed to robot mode and landed beside Dirge. As he did, he winced at a twinge in his knee, which joined the headache and bevy of dents that had been troubling him since the battle. He briefly considered getting the doctor to look at him before remembering that nobody here (in fact, nobody anywhere outside of those Autobots and their stupid "Outlier" program) had the tools necessary to actually cut him open and service him.

Guess it'll just have to work itself out on its own...

But Dirge's suggestion reminded him how uphappy the doctor had been when they'd drafted him in the first place, which made Ramjet smile a simple, cruel smile.

"Heh, heh. Yeah. Let's pay our ol' buddy a visit!"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Hangar, Nemesis

Dirge managed to maintain a walk, but found himself setting a brisk pace as they headed back to the medbay where they had dropped off Knock Out. He was excited to see Knock Out floundering in the hustle of a real medical facility instead of his backwater office, but what he found waiting for them when he and Ramjet entered was anything else. Knock Out was happily cruising about the medbay with assistants and calm patients, all operating smoothly like a ward at one of those fancy hospitals, with Knock Out as the leading physician. In fact, things were so calm that the doctor had time to casually look up and notice his newest visitor.

"Ah, Dirge! I was wondering if I'd be seeing you. And Ramphead was it? Or something like that," Knock Out seemed to brush the name aside quickly as though it wasn't important, walking over to visually examine the seekers briefly. "A little banged up, but nothing serious. Must not have been where the real fighting was I guess. That'll put you at the back of the line I'm afraid, got some mechs with real injuries to attend to first. Triage and all that, I'm sure you understand," Knock out told them casually, starting to walk away from them.

He walked only a short distance away, gesturing to the rest of the medbay. "I've got a few fellows here from the Decepticon's Team Science resting up after their part in the attack. An entire high ranking division just for the sciences! Would you believe it? And they have some interest in me assisting them in a medical capacity. Why even Megatron's brother has offered to get me some additional assistants to make sure I have some time freed up to join them in their endeavors. I have to say, it's just been one thrill after the next since I came here."

Dirge wasn't sure when it had happened, but he found his head in his hand, his injuries now being ached by a growing headache. He had warned Ramjet about this before they had bailed out of the medbay - Knock Out's uncanny talent to talk himself out of trouble - but never had Dirge ever dreamed of anything like this.

"We should've muzzled him..." Dirge muttered.