[Original RPG] Invasion Part 3: Change of Possession

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Sades

Post by Sades »

***AUTOBOT SHUTTLE, EARTH***

Springer turned and looked at Wheeljack for a moment, then turned and checked the scanners again.

"... We can't leave them out there and we can't attack again... we'll have to go back for them. We'll keep the 'Cons off until we get them onboard."

Just then, a transmission came in from Blaster. Springer put it through.

***"Sunstreaker, Hound, Sideswipe, WheelJack, and Springer this is Blaster if any of you want to join me and Jazz say now we got a call and may have reinforcements and we are getting ready to attack now. and you know if you come there ain't not turning back Hope to see you there."***

Springer was bewildered. He couldn't believe they couldn't see that they were outgunned and outmanned. Angrily, he walked over to the comm and sent a message out to Blaster.

"Don't be foolish, Blaster! You're fighting a losing battle. We're coming back for you. If you've got reinforcements on the way, they can get on the shuttle, too. It'll be a tight fit, but it's better than leaving anyone behind. Prepare to leave your position and board the ship!!"
Hun-Grrr

Post by Hun-Grrr »

Stalker heard Jinrai's foot steps and took firm grip of his rocket launcher. He jumped out from his hiding place and fired a rocket towards Jinrai. All the time reading Jinrai's mind to counter the Autobot's possible attacks.

As the rocket sped towards Jinrai, Stalker activated the jamming device on his left shoulder, it began to send electronic signals which disturbed transformer's brain functions, inflicting pain and making concentration difficult.

[This message has been edited by Hun-Grrr (edited 10-12-2001).]
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

The hull rang out as blaster fire raked the Autobot shuttle. "Our two guests have arrived," was Hounds retort.

"It's plenty of us against the two of them," Sideswipe stood up. "Let's knock these pests out of the way!"

The Autobot shuttle rose up from it's parked position, and the turrets came to life. Laserfire exchanged between the bulk ship and the two Decepticon fliers.

"Too maneuverable," Wheeljack muttered as he tried to chase on down with the upper turret. "And they're still getting hits in..." The hull shook as if to strengthen Wheeljack's comment.

"Turn the ship about!" Springer yelled. "Get to our Autobots down there."

"If we get too close to the city," Hound started, "They'll spot us again and send out a barrage of Decepticons. We won't survive against all of them."

Springer grimaced as he thought of leaving the others behind. Then he pressed the comm system "Blaster, Jazz, get to a safe position if you can, and get out of that fight! We are in no condition--"

The shuttle took a hard hit, lurching it to starboard. Springer kept his footing. "We are in no condition to perform a rescue op this close to the Decepticons, get with whatever group of refugees you've found and stay with them!"

"Uh-oh..." Wheeljack muttered.

"What?" Hound questioned, looking over his shoulder.

"Dreadwind and Darkwing are forming up. That may make only one target now, but that's one hell of a target..."

------------------
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Jinrai spotted the missile comming... and managed to get out of the way... he could feel something trying to fry what would be a transformer's cpu... it was a slight tingle to him... and he also could feel him trying to read his mind... "I don't think so, stalker." he shouted, charging the decepticon... knowing full well he would try to dodge the strike...
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Blaster got both of Springers Transmissions and whitespeed's and looked at Jazz "Do we Hide or Fight"

Jazz looked at autbot city then in direction they came from then back at autobot city Transforming "We Fight Contact WhiteSpeed tell him were on our way"

Blaster Nodded and smiled "Alright Decepti-creeps look out cause here we come" he opened to comm-line "WHITESPEED THIS IS BLASTER BLASTIN AT YA ME AND JAZZ OUR ON ARE WAY JUST STAY ALIVE"

Jazz door opened Blaster transformed into a boombox and hopped in as Jazz took off towards Autobot City
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Blackout said, "Galvatron, come quickly, Optitron and Starscream are tearing each other apart!"

Galvatron glared coldly at Blackout: "Good...maybe those two buffons will kill each other."

Galvatron got up and stormed into the room where the two were fighting.

Galvatron: "Pathetic...I don't know which one of you is worse. to think, you call yourselves Decepticons. Do you not have better things to do...after all, aren't you conspiring to kill me? hmmmmm?"

Galvatron smirked at the two. He had called their hand and knew all two well that neither of them had any idea what his new body was capable of. Now was the time to see where the chips would fall. He expected Starscream to return to his sniveling ways and grovel for mercy...throw himself at Galvatron's feet, and blame everything on Optitron. Or maybe...just maybe...Starscream had grown something of a backbone since his reincarnation.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

"I don't think so, stalker."

Skywarp heard in the distance as he, Thundercracker and Adeara sped down the severly damaged corridor. As they neared the end of the passage way it was scorched black as if it had been hit by an explosive.

"Stand and fight, cowardly Autobot"
Skywarp mocked as he flew into the room, closely followed by his comrades.

"DEATH TO THE INTRUDER" he yelled again as he launched off two heat seeking missles, transformed and continued his attack.

Cyclonus couldn't believe his audio receptors.

Energy collection duty...such "duties" are not worthy of a warrior of my callibre, still, it may provide, opportunity

He opened a comm channel to Galvatron

"Very well"

The message was simple, but concise.
As he flew off to the nearest oil field he watched Darkwing and Dreadwind as they started to combine.

such actions against that number of Autobots appears futile, particularly in that shuttle of theirs

Cyclonus opened another comm channel to Sixshot and Scorponok.

"You two join me at the powerstation, grid section Beta, be prompt, there is much energon gathering to be done and destruction to take part in."

With that Cyclonus flew off to the powerstation.

Sideswipe grimmaced.

If only Wheeljack had fixed my rocket pack, I could've given them a run for their money

Another blast ricocheted off the hull of the Autobot shuttle.

"Hey, who's idea was it to take-off in this thing again" Sideswipe yelled, amidst the chaos.

"Wouldn't it have made more sense to stay on the ground?"

Sideswipe simply sighed. He manned one of the weapons systems and began to launch shot after shot at the two Decepticon flyers.

"Uh-oh..." Wheeljack muttered.

"What?" Hound questioned, looking over his shoulder.

"Dreadwind and Darkwing are forming up. That may make only one target now, but that's one hell of a target..."

Sideswipe watched in awe as the two combined, he'd never seen anything like it.

no time to daydream now Side, get a grip

He left his position behind the weapons array.

"Wheeljack, get my rocket pack fixed, I'm going out there."

"but..." Wheeljack was interrupted before he could finish.

"...but nothing, get it fixed, pronto. Springer, I could probably use a hand out there, you up for a little game of chicken? Sunstreaker, you've flown one of these birds before, take the control, give Wheeljack a break."

Sideswipe had already had enough of sitting around, he'd been waiting for a bit of action, this was his opportunity.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Dreadwing had just finished combining together and began another assault on the shuttle, when a hatch opened up.

"What do those fools hope to accomplish" he thought to himself. "Nothing can stop me!"
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

Post by AngelOfDeath124 »

As they closed on Jinrai, Adeara shifted to her Decepticon form, drew her sword, and prepared to attack. A fight like this she could enjoy-unless he turned and ran again. And if he did run, she'd go after him, and make him regret running. Then she'd kill him.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Sunstreaker nodded to his brother walking over to WheelJack "step aside let a real ace fly"
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Reflector shortly followed Soundwave in entering the Control Center. They found it odd that Soundwave had not yet bothered reading their mind and answering their unasked question.

Probably thinks he has better things to do, Spectro thought as he watched Soundwave scan the room.

Viewfinder stepped forward. "So, what's the mission?"

Gigatron grew bored.

Where are they? This has gone from below my standards to a sheer waste of time.

As he contemplated leaving, a ruckus was heard in the room behind him. Gigatron did not normally talk to himself, but he could not help letting out a faint, "Finally."

In three quick motions, Gigatron extended his left claw, struck and tore open the wall, and entered the hub. He removed both swords from his back and scanned the room for the Autobot...

"You again! Perhaps this time we can finish our little dance."

Gigatron charged Jinrai.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

"Okay," Wheeljack got up with the rocketpack in hand. "I've got it patched up somewhat. Listen, you won't have the same flight time, since I haven't really completed patching up the energy cycling unit. That means you'll lose efficiency on the rocket systems..."

"Stop speaking in Perceptor," Sideswipe interrupted, "and tell me what it means."

"It means you'll only be in the air for twenty cycles, that's it. At fifteen, I've setup a crude chimer to let you know. At eighteen, it'll chime twice. Also, the left jet is only up to ninety percent thrust."

Sideswipe nodded, "Meaning I'll have to roll one-eighty if I want to make a decent right turn."

"Somethin' like that..." The hull was hit again by another barrage. "All right, I'll keep the turrets goin' while the others give some cover fire from the hatches. Good luck!"
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Soundwave turned round to face the robot Hmm, Viewfinder if memory serves... it's been a long time... "I was wondering when you would ask. In truth, I myself do not yet know." He held up the disk. "Galvatron's orders are contained within this disk. I wish to view it, but the Autobot equipment still remains a security risk. I needed somebody I could trust - you three - to project it for me."

He paused momentarily. "Transform, and switch to visual output."

=======

Thundercracker stood back and watched as his mould-brother Skywarp through himself headlong into battle. Same old Sky, charge first, assess afterwards. He then watched the shape shifter - Adeara was it? - lunging into battle.

He recognised the Autobot on sight. It was the Optimus-alike. Wonder where he actually came from... May be worth saving him, just to find out.

Thundercracker watched as Skywarp fired another round of heat-seekers. Hmmm, let's see... heat-seeking missiles home in on the hottest area. My incendiary guns fire flammable-liquid filled bullets, that ignite on impact - closest thing to a flamethrower - Hehehehe... Let's see how the Autobot dodges heatseekers when he's a ball of fire....

The Decepticon raised his right arm, twisting his body back so he was looking sideways along the length of his cannon, and fired several rounds toward his target...
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Galvatron: "Pathetic...I don't know which one of you is worse. to think, you call yourselves Decepticons. Do you not have better things to do...after all, aren't you conspiring to kill me? hmmmmm?"

As Galvatron stepped into the room, Optitron was just picking up Starscream and tossing him into a wall. But as Galvatron spoke, Optitron's four Decepticons (Blackout, Magnacrunch, Driveby and Blazestarter) gathered behind Galvatron and, using their combined firepower, blasted him in the back!!! They then closed, locked and sealed the only entrance to the room.

As Galvatron fell to his knees, Optitron and Starscream stopped fighting! They stood and trained their weapons on Galvatron, joining the other four in a circle around the Decepticon leader!

Smirking, Optitron said, "Who is pathetic now, Galvatron? Did you really think I would not only turn my powers on Starscream, but that I would allow my own men to tell you about it? DID YOU?!?"

Pressing his null ray against Galvatron's forehead, Starscream said triumphantly, "Farewell, Galvatron! Fire!"
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

the incinidary shots came... jinrai did the unexpected... striking him headon... the heatseekers came charging soon after... jinrai managed to blast two from the air... but the other three crashed into him with a brutal force that slammed him into one of metroplex's walls... Jinrai went silent... but rose from his feet... "No one... calls ME A COWARD!" The trailer errupted from subspace, and it was fortunate that metoplex's ceiling was as high as it was... the autobot merged with his trailer... drawing a larger cannon... the shoulder mounted cannons came online as well... "Let's see who the cowards are now, you pathetic excuses for destrons!" the shoulder cannons took aim on the shapeshifter and stalker... jinrai aimed for thundercracker... and opened fire...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Not for the first time, Thundercracker cursed that his memnet circuits had been rewritten to output in terran-only. He settled on an appropriate similie for the thought he wished to convey, and quietly mouthed "darnit".

He wasn't quite sure why, or how he'd done it, but he later reflected it must have been instinctive. Some reflex impulse aligned by his upgraded body. It consisted of three stages, almost performed simultaneously. First he threw himself to the ground, flat. Second, he rolled onto his back, not an easy task with a wing-triangle configuration. Thirdly, he released an ultra-sonic, controlled field of sonic distortion up into the air above him.

Whoah. Was the only thing he could think as he watched the red-hot laser fire dissipate under the distorted air. Close one Thunders...

Then he realised what he'd done. He'd managed to regulate the field of the blast, so that it would only affect what was directly above him without deafening Skywarp and Adeara... but he hadn't made allowances for the strength of the blast. He watched as the invisible wave of destruction tore up through the city, searching for release, and carving a clear hole straight up into the sky.

Thundercracker wandered how many chambers he'd just destroyed. And who was in them. Then the rubble fell on him. And it was darkness.
Philcom
Protoform

Post by Philcom »

The net came closer and closer. "The moment of truth." Optimus muttered to himself. Then in the blink of an eye. The shuttle passed through. "We did it, we passed trough their early defences, but it's not over yet, we have to find a way past Trypticon." Optnius looked at his crew, "Does anyone here do good Decepticon impersonations. I suppose I do a mean Motormaster."
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Gigatron stopped. He watched the battle quietly, watched Thundercracker valiantly and accidentally bury himself. He found the whole scenario curious.

Ignore me, eh? Go ahead, but when you've dealt with them and I'm still at full fuel...

Gigatron waited.

Spyglass sighed. "So what you're saying is you need a film projector you can trust."

They glanced at each other briefly.

"Better than energon duty..."

They transformed and landed in front of Soundwave, pointing their lens at a blank wall.

A phantom. That's precisely what the ship was as it entered Earth's proximity. The pilot scanned and analyzed the situation, watching as the Decepticon shuttle entered Earth's atmosphere.

The Destrons must have a defense system around the planet. This is bad indeed...

He pressed a button on the console in front of him, commencing a transmission on the standard Autobot frequency.

"Cybertrons on Earth, respond! My name is Grand, and I require assistance in reaching Earth immediately. If any Cybertrons on the planet can tell me how to dismantle the Destrons' defenses, I will offer my assistance in your fight. Repeat..."

[This message has been edited by Reflector (edited 10-13-2001).]
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

One of the newer Autobot arrivals on the Decepticon shuttle stepped forward.

"Well," he spoke, "I've been doing well as Freon so far. Might as well keep up the charade."

A few moments later, full authorization--straight from Galvatron--was received via Trypticon. Not without hearing a partial disturbing growl from the large dinosaur city.

Having clearance, the comm clicked off. "I suppose that one was looking for a fight," the Autobot noted. "Well, we're through in any case."

Optimus nodded, and had he been constructed with a mouthpiece, would have smiled as well.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Giga walked through the halls of Autobot City, staring up at the vast expanses of metal, with Mega a few paces behind.

"All this space...." Mega mused "... a couple of humans could easily get lost. How long before they tear out all the embossed Autobot sigils?"

"It matters not. A home can look however the inhabitant desires, it still retains its function."

They both stopped as the entered the next chamber. Tire marks scorched the otherwise pristeen floor. Laser fire had burnt the walls. Quite obviously a battle had raged within. And from the battered state of the door on the far side, it may still be going on elsewhere.

Giga turned "Come, Mega." back to our transtectors. It appears we have an uninvited guest - there may be much fun to be had."

And on that, the pair marched back the way they had come, crossing their bracelets as they went.

==========

Soundwave watched as Reflector's combined form landed on the table-unit in front of him.

"Yes. That is exactly what I meant. You should take it as a compliment that I trust you at all... only the one known as 'Optitron' seems to be so misguided... Tell me what you know of him. Idle banter helps speed a job along, I feel."

He carefully loaded the disk into Reflector, and watched as a stream of images flooded the wall opposite.

Maps, grids, diagrams, schematics. There was no soundtrack, no encoded explanation. Galvatron had known it was unnecessary. The images were self explanatory.

"Quite remarkable. The insanity of his ambition eclipses by far the extremes I previously envisaged. It may even work..."