[Original RPG] Invasion Pt. 1: Cybertron

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Rumble peered through the Beastbox-shaped hole in the wall. "Ah, darnit Rav - you were right, it's just 'Dealer. Dealer an' another dude..." the dust settled "... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"

Rumble fell over Ravage as he ran to escape, and fell headlong into a pile of debris.

"Rowrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!" Ravage snarled at the fallen cassette, before glancing in and hearing Doubledealer's request. "Hmmmmm?" He glanced toward the other character, strange looking, almost like an Earthen-samurai, but with a skull instead of a face "Grrrrrr...." *sniff* "no... Bludgeon?"

Frenzy pulled Rumble out of the pile of debris by his feet. "Bludgeon? Nah, Rav - Bludgeon vanished while we were on the Ark remember? Squawkbox told us..."

Bludgeon dropped his sword from Doubledealer's neck, and knelt to the ground, staring at the hole in the wall. "...Ravage? But... how? When did you return? Where is Megatron?"
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

"See", said Doubledealer. "He doesn't have the slightest clue about anything that has happened over the last 4 million years. He doesn't know about Galvatron or anything. It's like he's from the past, or something."
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Ravage glanced at Doubledealer, his words sinking in. It would make sense...

"Yes, Doubledealer... he quite possibly is. The un-natural weather conditions are consistant with previous temporal disturbance phenomena..."

Rumble staggered to his feet, still spooked by the image of Bludgeon "Say what now, Rav? Consisitempophenowhat?"

"Timestorm." Frenzy said simply.

"Aaaaah."

Ravage looked at Bludgeon. "What were your last actions, Bludgeon?"

The newly-shelled Pretender was getting ever more confused... "I... I... was being tested on by Scorponok... "pretender technology" I think he called it... now this... ???"

Ravage turned his head. "Frenzy, as much as it pains me... release Squawktalk."

The robot shook his head and complied, grumbling under his breath "you gotta be kiddin me.. my audios still ache from last time..." he removed a green cassette from his carry case, and threw it skyward.

A robotic parrot landed on the ground. "Last time... awk... last time... Ravage!"

Ravage scowled. "Report last known data on Bludgeon, cross-reference Pretender Technology."

"Walk the walk, can't talk the talk squawk! Scorponok shells out on shells like no tomorrow, bub. Bludgeon test drives new improved washable format, disappears to the parts other Decepticons can't reach. Dateline 12000 orns"

"Good. Now shut up." Ravage turned back to Bludgeon. "You were caught in a timestorm, Bludgeon, you've been thrown 3 million years into the future." He turned to Doubledealer. "What's your excuse for being here?"
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Doubledealer looks at Ravage.

"I came looking for troops to take with me to Earth", he told Ravage.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Earth.

One small word. One small, bluey-green planet in a solar system light-cycles away.

Rumble hadn't heard the whole conversation, having been trying to come to terms with Bludgeon's new face. And being semi buried in a pile of rubble, of course. But as Frenzy had helped him to his feet, he had distinctly heard the word. He knew what it meant.

Frenzy stopped in mid-motion, and stared Rumble square in the face. Earth. Four million years ago it meant nothing to him. Thirty years ago it had just been the local name for the dustball they were stranded on. Now it was something different.

Squawkbox was dumbfounded. For the first time in his existance he was speechless. Well, there had been that one time when he'd overenergised and burnt his vocal unit out in the post-buzz chatter. But now it was different. Beastbox looked at him, each knew what the other was thinking. Neither had ever been to Earth, but knew of it, having been given terran forms on Soundwave's return.

Buzzsaw perched contentedly on the case containing Laserbeak, and smiled. He knew what it meant.

Ravage stared up at Doubledealer. "You just found yourself a crew." He smiled a smug, contended grin. He turned to the befuddled Bludgeon, who had dropped trembling to his knees, trying to comprehend what had happened to him. "Nice new look, old friend. Cybertron is in Autobot hands now, you wouldn't survive out here alone. Come with us to Earth, start afresh."

Bludgeon raised his head in a semi-nod. "Wh-where... is... Earth?"

Ravage smirked. "A safe place." And also where Soundwave was last seen...
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Doubledealer looked at Ravage.

"Yes, Earth is a safe place, but we have no idea of what is happening there. Before I came here, I was on Charr, and there was a great deal of preperation for an assault on Autobot City. We do not know what happened. We will need to be careful." He then looked at the assembled Decepticons. "Follow me to my ship!" he said.
"And to your destruction." he thought.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Ravage watched as Doubledealer exited and walked toward his vessel. With Soundwave missing, the other cassettes looked to him for guidance, and they were looking.

Rumble spoke first, voicing one of the two questions on everyone's lips. "We gonna see Soundy again, Rav?"

Ravage looked up at the robot, seeing the cracks of hope in his eyes. "Maybe. If we survive."

"Survive? Ya don't trust him?"

Ravage smiled benignly. "He's a spy, Rumble. His main function is to be deceitful, deceptive, treacherous and scheming. He spends 80% of his time disguised as an Autobot. We are not to trust him one iota."

Frenzy voiced the second question. "Who's gonna tell Thunderwing? He'll hunt us down and melt us down if he finds we've deserted..."

Ravage didn't flinch. "One of us will have to stay. Any volunteers?"

As if on cue, Buzzsaw (perched atop the open carrier unit) transformed to cassette mode and slotted into place alongside the damaged Laserbeak.

Ravage smiled, and turned to the four remaining Decepticon cassettes. Rumble and Frenzy automatically went to aid Bludgeon in returning to his feet. Ravage's gaze fell to Beastbox and Squawktalk.

The two cassettes glanced at each other, before merging into their combined form. Squawkbox stood tall and firm. "I will remain. I have never seen Earth, and I have no wish to. I survived 4 million years without Soundwave. I can do so again."

"Thank you." Ravage turned purposefully turned his back on the robot, picked up the carrier in his mouth, and walked in the direction of Doubledealer's shuttle, with Bludgeon following, herded by Rumble and Frenzy.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Doubledealer entered his ship.

"Those fools have no idea of what I am planning. I shall take them to Earth, but they shall not return."

Doubledealer had finished the final touches on a computer program he had secretly worked on on his trip to Cybertron when the cassettes walked in.

"Ready to go to Earth", he asked.
One Winged Angel
Protoform

Post by One Winged Angel »

Kup and Bumblebee watched helplessly as an unknown Autobot was devoured by scraplets.They were the only Autobots in the area and could not hold out against the scraplets. Bumblebee:"We have to get to Earth and find some water, it's the only thing that can stop them!" Kup:"Lets make our way to the shuttles."
One Winged Angel
Protoform

Bumblebee and Kup arrive at a shuttle bay. As they move towards a ship they hear a desperate cry for help. Kup draws his pistol and runs toward the sound. "Don't go Kup it's too dangerous!" But Bumblebee's warning goes unnoticed. Bumblebee watches as Kup fires at a horde of scraplets. "Open the shuttle door!" Bumblebee does what Kup tells him. Bumblebee starts the ship and runs outside to see if Kup made it. Kup jumps into the shuttle,as he does this a scraplet latches to his leg. He doesn't notice. "Who was it?" "By the time I got there, there wasn't enough left to tell." The shuttle takes off on a course for Earth.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Ravage nodded at Doubledealer, and watched as Bludgeon dropped into a semi-crouch, with his hands clasped together. "A lot's changed, old friend - not just you. I'll fill you in on the way to Earth."

Rumble sat down on the carrier-unit, and Frenzy shook his head in despair. "So..." said the latter "Doubles, whadda ya wanna go to the mudball for?"

Squawkbox watched as his comrades loaded into the shuttle. He couldn't help but feel a pang of sorrow. His mind was in turmoil enough, being the combination of two others, without the oh-so-closeness of seeing Soundwave again. He knew that the Decepticon was alive, they all did. A symbiotic relationship existed between the carrier and his ancilliary units, one that no science had ever been able to pinpoint. In short, there was a slight 'tug' between them. If Soundwave had died on his last trip to Earth, they would have known...

Slowly, he began to trudge back across Cybertron's surface. Unconcerned by the storm raging around him, given the fact that the planet would normally be swarming in Autobots, it made a nice change to have some freedom. Then he saw them.

A flash of lightning illuminated the ground before him, and he saw the hatchway into the tunnels below. Normally covered by debris, it was plainly visible. And more than that - it was open.

Upon closer inspection, he realised that the hatch hadn't been opened manually, more dissolved - it just wan't there anymore. No, not dissolved... "Chewed? Something... has eaten the hatch?"

Then he saw them. And he ran.
One Winged Angel
Protoform

Bumblebee and Kup were almost to Earth when it happened."gaaah ugh!" "Kup are you all right?" Bumblebee didn't need an answer,he looked at Kup's leg and was horrified. Scraplets were multiplying all over it. "Stay away from me!" Bumblebee backed away from Kup."What should I do?" "There's only one thing you can do." "Throw me into space." Bumblebee was shocked. "I can't do that."

"You have no choice!" "If I stay here they will get you too." Kup aimed his gun at Bumblebee. "Do it!" Bumblebee opened a hatch and Kup was sucked into the vacume of space.

Bumblebee closed the hatch.In a weak voice Bumblebee said,"I'll come back for you Kup, as soon as I get to Earth and get the water."

Bumblebee steered the ship into Earth's atmosphere. The ship began to break apart. "What's going on?!" The shuttle crash lands in a desert. Bumblebee exits the ship and and whispers to himself, "Primus help me." The entire ship was covered with scraplets,and there wasn't any water or anything for that matter for miles around.
One Winged Angel
Protoform

Bumblebee is face to face with the scraplets and each is waiting for the other to make a move. In the distence an engin is heard.Bumble looks up, this is just the distraction the scraplets were waiting for.They begin their attack. The cause of the noise was an Autobot jet named Athena.When Bumble looked up he saw a blue streak in the sky and sent a distress signal. "What?" "A fellow Autobot way out here?" Athena goes to the signal and sees a helpless Autobot surrounded by scraplets. "I'll never let anyone hurt a fellow Autobot as long as I live!" She opens fire.

Athena transforms into robot mode and grabs Bumblebee. She flies off holding him by the arms.

Hours later after reaching Autobot HQ,Bumble explains about the scraplets on Cybertron. They prepare a cargo ship with water tanks and begin going to Cybertron.But on the way there they destroy the scraplets that are on Bumblebee's ship.

About halfway to Cybertron Bumblebee tells Athena to stop the ship. "What is it?" "I've got an old friend Who's in trouble." "It's Kup." Bumblebee explains about how he was forced to leave Kup behind. They fid Kup's body floating in space, or what's left of it.

They dispose of the scraplets on Kups body and begin repairs. Athena:"I don't think there's much we can do for him." B:"How can you say that!?" A:I'm sorry, but there really isn't much more we can do." B:"If his memory is intact we could build him a new body." A:"Yes,IF his memory is intact."
One Winged Angel
Protoform

Athena opened Kup's head. "The brain chip is intact." Bumblebee:"That's great!" A:"Yes, but we don't have time to build him a new body." b:"You're right, we have to get rid of those scraplets."

Athena and Bumblebee set the shuttle down in the area of Vector Sigma, where an unbelievable amount of scraplets had gathered. At every turn transformers were being slautered.

"We have to stop them." "Release the water!" Bumblebee let the water out of the tanks and a huge wave crashed into the scraplets. It was a bueatiful sight to see,shimering water flowing over the surface of Cybertron destroying the scraplets.Bumblebee was very excited. "That takes care of them!" Athena wasn't so shure. "Maybe..."

They left Cybertron and went Back to Autobot City on Earth to repair Kup.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Squawkbox never knew he could run so fast. He hadn't seen a scraplet in orns... where did they COME from??? head down, he charged onwards. He glanced up as he saw something looming on the horizon...

"By the prime program..."

He walked forward, not believing what he saw... it WAS him... Two and a half million years had elapsed, but it was definitely the same robot...

"Jhiaxus?"
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

"I've come to deliver you to Earth, so that you could be reunited with Soundwave", Doubledealer said. "And deliver you to your deaths", he thought to himself.

[This message has been edited by Bombshell (edited 10-14-2001).]
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Jhiaxus spun around at the mention of his name.

Jhiaxus: "Squawkbox? Where are the mighty legions of Decepticons...what has happened to our planet?"
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Ravage raised a mechanical eyebrow at Doubledealer.

"Two things," he said, leaping onto a control panel near the Decepticon "firstly, what makes you think Soundwave is on Earth? Secondly, why do you keep repeating yourself?"

"Thirdly!" chimed in Rumble "Shouldn't you have this heap o' junk airbourne by now?!"

====

Squawkbox bowed his head at Jhiaxus, "Longish story. Basics: Cybertron in Autobot control. Scraplets eating planet. Temporal anomaly messing with weather."

He disengaged into his component parts. Beastbox knelt at the feet of his former unit commander. Squawkbox perched on his shoulder. "Do the splits, on the double bigtime pronto! Autobot patrols patrol like no other - go underground, Weller weller weller more tell you more later... SCRAPLETS! Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasands of 'em!"

Squawkbox was interrupted by Jhiauxus' hand clamping over his beak...
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

jhiaxus leaned in: "Need i remind you that I am High Lord jhiaxus? Need I remind you of my power?"

Just then a squad of three Autobots pulled up.

Jhiaxus: "Wait and watch..."

"Halt, this is a restricted area...state your name and purpose for being here."

Jhiaxus: "My name is Jhiaxus...my purpose is your deaths"

Jhiaxus charged at the Autobot group, releasing 4 million years of pent up rage...rage that the Liege had ordered to be subdued...but the Liege didn't own him any longer...and these Autobots were about to learn just how painful the repression of demons can be. The first Autobot felt no pain, as his head was pulled from his body. The otehr two began to cower back, but this did not deter the former warlord...

Jhiaxus: "Cowards...how did this cowardly lot ever conquer the fiercest race of beings in all the universe?"

Jhiaxus lunged towards one of the surprised autobots, punching through his chest cavity. The other tried to rush him, only to be blasted in the face by Jhiaxus' particle bean gun. The Autobot slumped to the ground. Jhiaxus then turned to the Autobot who's lasor core he held in his hand.

Jhiaxus: "how does it feel knowing you are about to die?"

"...please..."

Jhiaxus: "Pathetic..." with a twist of his hand, Jhiaxus tore the laser core from the Autobot's chest and crushed it.

Jhiaxus: "Now then, would you again advise me to seek cover?"
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

(after this, they'll be at Earth, so continue at the Invasion Pt.4 thread.)

Doubledealer glanced at Ravage.

"First off, most of the other Decepticons are ther, so he must be there too. Secondly, I am repeating myself so that you can understand the situation better."

He reached for the controls, hit a button, and glared at Rumble

"And Thirdly, we are now on our way!"