[Original RPG] End of Days: Chapter Two: Shift of Power (Earth)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Gigatron turned slowly around at the mention of his name. He stopped to examine the situation, a miniscule grin on his face. His eyes were on Cyclonus' mouth as he spoke. They drifted down to his weapon in hand, then back up to his eyes. Gigatron smiled.

And he laughed.

"This is rich, Cyclonus! Don't tell me, let me guess. The 'easy' way would be my handing over the reigns of our operations on Earth, as well as any sort of power that may be reminiscent of that you once possessed, to you. The 'hard' way would be pistols at ten paces. Am I right? Who am I kidding, you're Cyclonus! Of course I'm right! Well, to put it in a term you can understand..."

Gigatron batted down the hand holding Cyclonus' gun.

"Neither. I will not relegate my rank to you, and I refuse to engage in combat. It is an utter waste of fuel, Cyclonus, both mine and yours. Of course, you'd have more pressing losses than your dear energon... But the point is elsewhere. Every Decepticon must be operating at top performance in the next several weeks, including insubordinates like yourself. Now get to your duties."

Gigatron turned and resumed the journey to his quarters. Without turning, he spoke again.

"By the way, Cyclonus. Before you consider shooting me in the back as I walk away, think about the inherent damage to Metrotitan. I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate it."
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Astrotrain rose and nodded.

"As you command, Gigatron."

He turned.

"Stunticons! To the repair bay."

The Triple Changer left the conference room and entered the repair facility.

Noting the repair drones were already active, Astrotrain went to a cluster of drones and issued a command.

"Metrotitan, dispatch this group to find Apeface and Thundercracker and bring them to the repair bay. If they are already present, begin repairs on them immediately!"

Astrotrain went to a console and began typing into it, bringing up a status report on what Decepticons needed repairing, and waited for the Stunticons to arrive.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

The compputer spoke.
"Subject Thundercracker found, subject Apeface unknown location."
The drones went about to repair Thundercracker.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Darkwing, Dreadwind, and Apeface walked up to a large, metal door.
"This must be where Galvatron is", Dreadwind said, knocking on the door. "My lord, are you in here?"
Ramjet looked at Dirge.
"Very well. Follow me", he said.
He transformed ane flew off.
Nearby...

The Spychangers were discussing what they were going to do when they saw two jets fly away from Metrotitain.
"Who was that", Counter-Arrow asked.
"Looks like Ramjet and Dirge", R.E.V. replied.
"All right", said Hot Shot. R.E.V., Crosswise, come with me. We'll follow them. The rest of you, stand guard here.
The three transformed and followed the two seekers.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Ramjet looked at Dirge.
"Very well. Follow me", he said.
He transformed ane flew off.

Dirge transformed and followed Ramjet.

Astrotrain turned and spoke towards the computer.

"Excellent work, Metrotitan."

The Triple Changer nodded as he heard the computer's findings, then keyed in a message to Gigatron.

"Gigatron, Metrotitan reports Thundercracker already functional. The search for Apeface, however, turned up negative...which leads me to believe he is functional as well. I will remain here with the Stunticons to help with Decepticons who need medical attention, unless you have further orders for me."

Astrotrain kept the channel open.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Gigatron pondered.

"Good, Astrotrain. Send Breakdown to find them. Tell him to send them to my quarters for instructions once they are located. Gigatron out."

Onward.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Ramjet and Dirge approached the smoldering remains of the small escape craft that Doubledealer and Bombshell had piloted.
"Dirge, stand guard here", he said to his fellow seeker. "I'm going in to investigate."
Ramjet transformed and entered the wreckage of the ship.
Inside, the ship was a mass of debris. Fires were scattered here and there. The place was a disater area. Reamjet went up to one of the few functional computer panels.
"Maybe that stupid bug left a message behind", he said to himself.
As he worked the computer panel, the screen flickered to life, showing the face of Bombshell, with total chaos happening in the background. The message flickered often, due to static.
"Ramjet...fired on...Ship...yond repair. Crashing...surface. Detected Autobot...natures.
The screen changed to a sensor readout, showing the forms of six Autobots.
"Capture...Decepticons...Metroplex...most likely to...taken to Cybertron.
"Cybertron!", he said to himself. They're on Cybertron! But how do we get there?
Hot Shot, R.E.V., and Crosswise approached the wreckage of the ship that they had dragged Bombshell and Doubledealer from. They also noticed the form of Dirgestanding guard. They both transformed and pointed their guns at Dirge
"Halt, Decepticon!", said Hot Shot
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Gigatron: "Good, Astrotrain. Send Breakdown to find them. Tell him to send them to my quarters for instructions once they are located. Gigatron out."

Astrotrain nodded in affirmation.

"Breakdown, this is Astrotrain. Locate Apeface and Thundercracker as soon as possible. Send them on to Gigatron's quarters for instructions."

Dirge landed with Ramjet and nodded as the white Seeker went into the downed craft.

"Sure." Dirge started to examine the area around him.

"Halt, Decepticon!", said Hot Shot.

Dirge turned and saw the group of Autobots training their weapons on him.

"I halt for no one, Autoscraps!" Dirge snarled, grasping his concussion missle launchers from subspace.

He paged Ramjet on Seeker-comm.

"Ramjet, there are Autobots here. Get out of that ship and help me!"

Dirge warily kept his launchers aimed on the Bots.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Ramjet heard his fellow seeker's call for help, and ran out of the ship. He saw Dirge pointing his laser cannons at the Autobots.
"Hold it, Dirge", he said. "Don't shoot them. They may know where our quarry went."
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Dirge saw Ramjet come up beside him, and heard his reply.

Dirge slowly replaced his launchers into subspace.

"You're right Ramjet. They may be of some use."

The blue Seeker turned to the Bots.

"I'm only going to say this once: where are Bombshell and Doubledealer?"
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Hot Shot looked at two seekers.

"Why would we want to tell you that", he asked.

"Because if you don't, all the Transformers in the universe are doomed. They are planning to take control of the Decepticons."

"And why does that concern us?", asked Hot Shot, obviously not buying their story.

"Because if tthey succeed" Ramjet replied "Just think about who their next target will be?"

Hot Shot thought for a moment. "Very well. We took them to Cybertron, but I don't see how you will get there."
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

The Stunticons entered the med bay. Motormaster stared agrily at Astrotrain.

"What the frag was Gigatron thinking?! I ain't no medic! I'm a warrior!" He roared.

"These dimwits with me aren't any better to do this kind of work." He grumbled.

"Hey who you are calling dimwit!" Drag Strip snapped at Motormaster.

Motormaster gave a cold glare at Drag Strip without saying anything then he turned away, clenching his fists. Instantly the yellow Stunticons backed off. "Eh... nothing Motormaster... Just ignore me."

Dead End looked at Astrotrain. "So is there anything we should be doing?"

Breakdown walked through the corridors of Metrotitan. He was rather nervous as usual, trying to keep his mind at his mission. What's the problem with them... can't use comm-link to find some warriors... send Breakdown to find them. Like I wouldn't have any better things to do. He thought while walking around the base.

If I don't see those too soon... Astrotrain can come to find them himself.

[This message has been edited by Cryhavoc (edited 11-25-2001).]
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Galvatron: "See that you are fully charged...we are going to need everything to go perfectly if we are to make it to Cybertron...make your final preperations and head to the shuttle."

"Yes Galvatron..."

Skywarp walked away, a grin on his face. He checked his diagnostics as he made his way to the shuttle bays...
*Systems at 98%*

"Excellent..."

Springer watched as the panel on Mount St Hilary slid aside and the elevator rose to surface level.

"All aboard" Springer jauntly remarked.

The mountain side shifted shut in front of them as they decended below the earth.

"Good thing this volcano's not active anymore or we'd be feeling the heat now..."

Springer's remark went un-noticed by both Roadbuster and Broadside.

The elevator reached it's destination, where the dinobots had been working on the defence systems.

"Hey, Grimlock, how's my favourite extinct reptile"

Grimlock snarled and turned to face Springer.

"Stupid triple changer, Grimlock make *YOU* extinct"

Both Grimlock and Springer drew their swords when Roadbuster stepped in.

"This isn't helping anything, put away your weapons and youe egos"

Grimlock went back to shifting one of the external weapons.

Springer stared at Grimlock as he walked away.

not like him to be so restrained...

"You're right Roadbuster, let's get these defences online."
Sabre
Protoform

Post by Sabre »

Broadside stepped out the elevator as Grimlock walked away, watching the dinobot, idly wondering why he was acting so… self controlled. He shrugged and looked to Springer,

“Defences? Does this place still have more than axially power I wonder…” with that he stepped forwards, optics gazing over the place that had once served the autobot cause so long ago.

“Well if we’re going to camp here we might as well get to it I guess…”
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Galvatron began to make his way to the shuttle.

hmmm...with Thundercracker fully repaired, we may need him on Cybertron.

Galvatron: "Thundercracker if you would, please join my team at the shuttle. We will launch within the hour."

Galvatron finished collecting some things and turned to Adeara: "You should make your way as well...get what you need and finish the oversite of our departure...Skywarp may need some assistance with his advanced powers."

Galvatron then turned to Darkwing, Dreadwind, and Apeface. "And what is it that you three need?"
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Hatemunger Called Galvatron on Earth.
"Lord Galvatron the battle here on Cybertron goes on, but the Decepticons are starting to take losses, the cowardence of the Autobots shows now that there reinforcments have arrived. If possible can you give me an idea of who is coming from Earth with you? We can try to formulate a plan of counterstrike so the city will fall. Thank you leader Hatemunger out." With that Hatemunger switched off his com-system and continued to fight.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Darkwing and Dreadwind got to their knees.
"We have failed you, my lord", said Darkwing "We were unable to find and destroy the Autobot shuttle. We are prepare for punishment"
Philcom
Protoform

Post by Philcom »

Ultra Magnus sorted through a pile of junk looking for anything useful. He was then interrupted by a hail from a human military group, probably the general with a report. The general called Ultra Magnus and encouraged him to use Napalms, Magnus hung up.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Dirge nodded.

"Ramjet's right. If Bombshell gets enough Transformers under his control, he will be an almost unstoppable threat."

The blue Seeker turned to the Spychangers.

"I suggest you all think of a way to get to Cybertron...my only opinion is to repair the downed ship. Ramjet, do you think it can be done with the Autobots help?"

Astrotrain turned from his console as the remaining Stunticons entered the med bay.

"You may not be a medic, Motormaster, but then again, neither am I. We do what we're told."

Dead End: "So is there anything we should be doing?"

The Triple Changer turned toward the Stunticon.

"As I understand it, Dead End, you Stunticons are to assist Metrotitan's repair drones in getting any remaining injured Decepticons functional as quickly as possible. I will supervise you."

Astrotrain looked toward Motormaster.

"After the remaining injured come in, or lack thereof, we report back to Gigatron for our assignments...so I wouldn't worry. There's plenty of time for the King of the Road to conquer Earth's highways."

He chuckled, and settled into a chair by the console, looking at the Stunticons.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

"I thinks so", Ramjet said to Dirge. He looked at Hot Shot. "Will you help us?"
Hot Shot looked around. "Very well", he said