[Original RPG] Chapter 5: Reconciliation (Cybertron)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Nightbeat, Siren, Hosehead, Chromedome, Hardhead, and Brainstorm: -skid to halt behind Lockpick-

Nightbeat: -looking at timer- Any ideas, guys?

Siren: Pray?

Hosehead: When in panic, fear or doubt, run in circles, scream and shout?

Nightbeat: -sighs, shakes head, examines timer-

Brainstorm: -stars examining timer as well-

(OOC- Are we talking a sealed unit here? Mercury trip switch? Windup alarm clock wth batteries and dynamite?)
Lockpick
Protoform

Post by Lockpick »

Lockpick runs her hands down the side of the console, quickly finding the seams and pulling one side out to look inside the timer and such. She bites her lip.

"Anyone know about bomb diffusion? I can stop a timer, but it might set off the explosion if its halted. This ain't no simple security system."
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Electro took a perfect hit to the chest, the construct tearing open on impact and forcing him back with a grunt. The ground erupted in debris as more shots came at them. Dark Prime ducked a blast, then returned fire, scoring a hit on one of the Crashticon's tail as he pulled back into the chamber. They're retreating...

"Follow 'em in!" Sidewinder yelled as he charged forward.

"No! Sidewinder, pull back!" Dark Prime called out. Sidewinder almost kept going, until Hatemunger appeared in the entryway. His two fusion cannons charged up, and Sidewinder dove away as the Decepticon blasted at and around the entrance.

When the rubble stopped falling, the entryway was sealed.

"Units, report in!"

Everyone reported minor scrapes or blast connections, but nothing major. All but one.

"How's Electro?"

"Bad," Tracks said, kneeling down to him. "He's out, and he doesn't have much chance down here."

"Ironhide, take him to the surface and get him treated."

"But, Prahm--"

"Do it!" Dark Prime growled. "Our fight here is done for now. Set for phase two when I signal."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Brainstorm: -peers into bomb workings- Hmmmm.... What's the old saying? Red before yellow kills a fellow.....

Nightbeat: Something like that.

Brainstorm: I was afraid of that.

Nightbeat: Why?

Brainstorm: They're all grey.

Nightbeat: -groans-

Hosehead: I'll be in the hall....

Siren: Why bother? It won't make any difference.

Hosehead: Good point.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

(OOC: Heinrad and Lockpick, hold off on the bomb stuff till later tonight, please? Thanks.)
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

(OOC: What's wrong with using the already existing Earth thread, Bomberman? It's fairly dead as is...)

Whirl fell silent. He didn't like the proposal. Megatron, alone, secluded, a plot to destroy the Decepticons... It all sounded like a trap. And yet, what good would it do to capture Whirl? He was a Wrecker, an elite Autobot gladiator. Capture was an impossibility. (Suicide was simply part of his contract; he said it made things more exciting.) So what would one pile of Autobot dust do for the Decepticons? He thought it might be legit.

"Whirl!" It was Topspin; the helicopter did not look. "You can't seriously be considering it!"

Can I? Madness can be an effective weapon, as I always say... And nothing is madder than making deals with the devil! Who knows, this just might work out.

Whirl remained quiet, extended his antenna, and responded. "Megatron, you've got yerself a deal."

Topspin gaped. "What?! You've gotta be kidding me! Hey -- Hey! Get back here! I'm not done talking to you!"

But Whirl was already in helicopter mode and en route.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Quick Switch, taking advantage of the end of the fighting (such as it was) and meandered up to Topspin.

"Were's Whirl off to? Shouldn't we head back to Command and firm up everything? You know, see where we're needed to shore up defenses round here?"

[This message has been edited by Quick Switch (edited 01-15-2002).]
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Hatemunger looked at his men.
"Everyone ok?" He asked.
A few hits on some of them but nothing too serious from what Hatemunger could see. On Crashticon needed a new paint job on his tail end but should still be ok in a fight and merging if needed.
Scrapheap touched up any repair work he could do in short order as the assembled group of Decepticons waited for Jhixaus.
Skycat
Protoform

Post by Skycat »

Slisptream landed near Dark Prime and transformed, then gave him a wry look. "Let's hope this 'phase two' plan thing of yours works, aye?"

Silverbolt barely managed to move out of Cryhavoc's path in time, the massive shuttle clipping him on one wing and sending the Aerialbot leader spiraling downwards. With great difficulty Silverbolt managed to straighten out and pull up away from the rapidly-approaching structures below, his damaged wing making manoeuverability rather hard.

The Aerialbot leader, though somewhat shaky, managed to pull himself together and go after Cryhavoc, weapons blazing.

Skydive, AirRaid and Fireflight tried to keep the Predacons from moving back into the tunnel, but the coverfire from Divebomb and Headstrong kept the three Aerialbots at bay.

"We should go after them!" AirRaid burst out, banking around to head for the tunnel mouth.

"No! Silverbolt needs our help with Cryhavoc out here, and we'd be easy targets in that tunnel anyway," Skydive rejoinded, cutting AirRaid off from the tunnel. "C'mon, let's go!"

The three Aerialbots quickly fell into formation and streaked towards Cryhavoc, determined to take him down.

[This message has been edited by Skycat (edited 01-17-2002).]
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

As Brainstorm fiddled with the bomb, a moniter on the control panel flickered to life, showing Ramjet.

"Hello", he said. "If you're seeing this, you're trying to disarm the bomb that has been affixed to the controls. Well, allow me to tell you that your efforts are futile. There is no way you can remove that bomb!"

The screen flickered.

(OOC: Actually, Heinrad, there is a way to disarm it. Check your PM to find out what it is.)
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Nightbeat: I hope gremlins nest in his engines...

Chromedome: So much for the fast and dirty approach.

Brainstorm: Quiet. I need to concentrate. -checking inside of bomb-
OptmusPrime2005
Protoform

Post by OptmusPrime2005 »

"Ahh, excellent."

Megatron thought about killing the little runt, but he wanted to kill the decepticons more at the moment.

"Wait here untill i return."

TimeSplitter's systems began to calculate.

"Megatron, are you really going to do this."

Megatron , his head down.

"There is no other way. No other way."

Megatron transformed into the giant tank. It rolled down the ramp towards the point were they would might.

Upon arrival()()()())()()()()()

Megatron rolled up throughout the dust. He transformed, hius face was unagressive.

"Well Autobot, i do wish to destroy the Decepticons, they are are a threat to us both. I am but an outcast with a new attitude. There is only one way to defeat the decepticons, and that i will show you.!"

Megatron's red eye circuits glitterd in the light.
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

[OOC: Skycat... I got tired of waiting for Aerialbots to attack Predaking, so... read the last post of page 1... might want to edit your post. Image ]

BIC: "Didn't have guts to take the hit, huh?" Cryhavoc smirked, two of the twin sonic cannons mounted to his rear section turning towards Silverbolt's direction and opening fire.

At the same time the four other twin sonic cannons of Cryhavoc began to shoot at the smaller Aerialbots.

"You don't have a chance." The massive Decepticon muttered, continuing his tactics, trying to collide with the Aerialbots.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Topspin hoisted himself, and nodded.

"Yeah," he started to Quick Switch. "I suppose we should. Things are just about in order here. But I'm a bit worried about Whirl..."

His eyes turned skyward; words continued to flow.

"He's going to meet Megatron. I don't know what he's thinking. I wanted to follow and make sure everything's okay, but I couldn't catch Megatron's location... and Whirl's shut down his radio."

Sigh.

"Well, I'm sure it's no worry. Whirl's a tough guy, he'll get out just fine. Rack 'N' Ruin, come in."

Topspin raised a wrist to his face and listened to the Wrecker twins' voice from Debris. "Go ahead, Topspin," they responded.

"Quick Switch and I are heading back to Iacon for orders. We'll meet you there."

Rack 'N' Ruin double clicked to affirm, and the channel closed. Topspin transformed.

"Let's fly, good buddy!"

Whirl landed on his feet. (He'd transformed to robot mode in mid-descent.) His eyes met Megatron's. The camoflauged Decepticon was nearly twice his height, and obviously in possession of ferocious armaments. Though he looked different, it had to be Megatron. His aura simply spoke to the Wrecker. He was in meeting with the most vile Decepticon... Still, Whirl spoke confidently.

"I'm listening."

[This message has been edited by Reflector (edited 01-16-2002).]
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Quick Switch nodded, not wanting to attempt to compound the situation that Topspin was attempting to minimize.

"Agreed," he said, transforming to fighter jet mode.

"Let's get back to Iacon." The Hexa Changer rocketed off with the Wrecker.

"C'mon Onslaught!" Swindle whined, grabbing on the Combaticon leader's shoulder.

"What do you propose we do Swindle?" The Combataicon leader rejoined.

"Leave this place while we've got our autonomy," Vortex muttered.

"Yeah, you said it 'Tex," Brawl scratched his head. "Nobody's even payin' attention to us anyhow. We paid our debt to that Gigatron fella, now we head back to the war."

"I paid it, fool, not you." Blast Off growled. "That Jhiaxus did not give us a moment's thanks or recognition. We're not needed here, sir."

Onslaught nodded, noting that none of the unknown Decepticons had batted an optic their way.

"Back to the shuttle bay."

As the Combaticons wearily piled in to the shuttle, Onslaught sank into his command chair.

Blast Off cued the engine, and the shuttle lifted off.

Time past, and Cybertron left them.

"We have no purpose. We served a Commander who merely used us as a temporary pawn. No worse than Megatron...or Galvatron. No, Cybetron is not our place...Blast Off, set course for Earth!"

The space shuttle turned and nodded, then turned back to the helm.

"Yes sir!"

The Raksha turned about on its new course.

[This message has been edited by Quick Switch (edited 01-16-2002).]
Skycat
Protoform

Post by Skycat »

[ooc: Ack, apologies Cryhavoc. I ain't online as much as I'd like t'be, heh, missed that post. Thankee for pointing that out, my previous post has now been edited accordingly.]

Silverbolt was hard-pressed to dodge Cryhavoc's sonic blasts with his damaged wing, but somehow he managed it, dropping underneath the shots and returning fire with his own weapons.

Fireflight and Skydive weaved around Cryhavoc as well, adding their firepower to Silverbolt's, and doing their best to stay in one piece. AirRaid however decided to play a little game of intergalactic chicken with the massive shuttle.

"Y'wanna try and ram me, ya flying lump of junk? Bring it on!" With that, he flew head on towards Cryhavoc, the distance between the two closing rapidly. At the last second, AirRaid pulled up and zoomed just over the top of Cryhavoc, quickly flipping into bot mode and landing on the shuttle's back. Taking out his torque rifle, AirRaid grabbed hold of some part of Cryhavoc's back to keep from being thrown off and aimed his rifle downwards...
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

A lone shuttlecraft entered the system and moved toward Cybertron. The Cosmobots had been out of contact with their home planet for several million years, and only now were they returning home. A second later, it deaccelerated and came to an immediate stop.

"Woah!" cried Star Runner (the shuttle).
"What is it?" Vanguard moved into the cockpit and peered out of the forward window.

Cybertron lay before them, flames licking at it's surface, some buildings could be seen toppled and ruined, and in places, the flash of laser fire could still be spotted amongst the ruins.

"Oh no!" he exclaimed. The other three Cosmobots; Mercury, Apollo and Thorr came running into the cockpit. Vanguard turned to them
"A major Decepticon attack," Thorr growled, his fist clenched tight, "we have to fight!"
"Woah, slow down. First let's find out what's going on down there. Star Runner, take us down.
"Sure thing," the shuttle replied, before streaking down through the atmosphere of Cybertron toward the planet below.

(OOC: Anyone who's still on the planet's surface, feel free to see the Cosmobots arrive. If there's no one still on the surface, could someone let me know via PM? Thanx).
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Hatemunger realised that Jhixaus made yet another foolish error.
"Onslaught, why are you and the Combaticons leaving?" Hatemunger asked. "Jhixaus is more foolish than he seems, but his idea's do make sense for all Decepticons. I think more warriors are needed to make sure his plan works. I implore you not to leave, sides if Jhixaus idea does turn to foolish choas, it would be nice to have more able bodied warriors to stop his plans." Hatemunger turned off his com-link and waited for the energy chamber to finish charging or what Jhixaus was not doing.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

As Raksha left Cybertron's atmosphere an announcement burst over the comm.

"Onslaught, why are you and the Combaticons leaving?" Hatemunger asked. "Jhixaus is more foolish than he seems, but his idea's do make sense for all Decepticons. I think more warriors are needed to make sure his plan works. I implore you not to leave, sides if Jhixaus idea does turn to foolish choas, it would be nice to have more able bodied warriors to stop his plans."

The Combaticons stopped the preparations.

Swindle, Brawl, Vortex and Blast Off swiveled their chairs to face their leader.

Onslaught stewed.

Blast, indecisive command in front of the troops...well, Hatemunger is right. If this Jhiaxus' fellows plans do not come to fruition...we might be of some us here. It looks like we may have one group of allies..

"Blast Off, stand down. We return...for now."

The Combaticons trooped back into the entryway.

Onslaught quickly moved toward Hatemunger, and stood at his side.

"Your plea is the only thing keeping my troops here," he nodded. "But you are right...so here we are."

[This message has been edited by Quick Switch (edited 01-17-2002).]
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

"Good good." Hatemunger talked to Onslaught.
"I have plenty of warriors but Jhixaus's men all seem to think he is right, and just in case we do need to fight againist him, the more men we have the better." The looked at the plasma energy chamber.
"Anyway, for now we help him, but watch him carefully if he seems odd we need to stop him." With that Hatemunger told Onslaught "For now just help us to wipe out the Autobots that are trying to attack us."