[Original RPG] BW Neo: part 1: Big Convoy... the commander?!?

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Skycat
Protoform

Post by Skycat »

Footsteps approached the dock from behind Mach Kick, and he glanced over his shoulder to see Long Rack and Break approaching. "Well, here's two of them now, at least..."
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

As the ship carrying Magmatron's forces sped towards Gaea, Magmatron conversed with Dead End.

"So, we're going to this planet to get some energy?", he asked Magmatron.

"Yes", answered Magmatron.

"And you expect Convoy to come there, too?", he asked again.

"Yes", Magmatron responded.

"Are you ok", asked Dead End again.

Magmatron was thinking about his battle with Convoy, and how he had let him escape. He swore to himself that he wouldn't let it happen again.

"Yes", he muttered to Dead End.

[This message has been edited by Bombshell (edited 12-14-2001).]
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Big glanced at the approaching longrack and break... "Well...I suppose this is better than no crew at all..." he sighed.... "Alright, folks... board the Gung Ho, and prepare to move out..." Big approached a comm panel on the wall... "Attention, all whiney trainies assigned to Big Convoy as their commander... haul your tails down to docking bay 5 or be left behind! That's all!"

Big turned and headed for the gung ho.
Skycat
Protoform

Post by Skycat »

Mach Kick smiled slightly to himself at Big Convoy's comm message. This was going to be a very interesting training run...

He waited for LongRack and Break to reach him, then gestured towards the ship. "Let's get aboard, shall we?"

Break nodded and gave Mach Kick a slight grin before hurrying aboard, while LongRack paused beside him. "Sorry we're late," the giraffe-bot said apologetically.

"Don't worry 'bout it, you've beaten some of the others here at least," Mach Kick said dryly as he led LongRack on board the Gung Ho.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Heinrad: -standing at base of Gung Ho's docking ramp, looking down at datapad- "...orders for shipping out under Big Convoy aboard the Gung Ho. Training run. Don't forget, you're the cute fuzzy one, ha, ha, ha. Signed Base CO." I knew I should've gone with the rat look..... -sighs, walks up ramp-

------------------
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Big turned from the comm panel, and approached the huge ship... and spotted the fourth member of his team...

"And you are...?"

big chuckled slightly... muttering to himself... "Great...a tanuki with an alarmclock imbedded in his chest. this one ought to be REAL interesting."

He extended his right hand... "Big Convoy. I'm the commander of the Gung Ho, and ...aparently your...mentor I suppose. come on. It's time to roll out."

big walked up the ramp into the gung ho's loading area... proceeding to its command center...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Heinrad: My name is Heinrad, Commander. -straps in for lift off-

------------------
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Heinrad: Uhm... Commander? Where exactly are we going? Is this just a training mission? Or are we going somewhere specifc? And if it's "second star to the right, and straight on 'til morning", we're going to be the strangest thing to hit Peter Pan since Disney.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Big's optics dimmed slightly, and he glanced at heinrad but returned his gaze to the viewscreen... "We're going to Gaea. the last known location of Lio Convoy's squad. there are some strange going-ons on the planet... and we've reason to believe it's angolomous energy we're dealing with... magmatron, nor ANY destron... can be permitted to gain control of it. Mach Kick. set course, and engage the warp drive."

Big took his seat in the command chair...

"This...is going to be a disaster" he muttered to himself... "but...if I must..."
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Meanwhile, in orbit of Gaea...

Magmatron's ship hovered in orbit of the planet.

"Can you detet anything", Magmatron asked Saberback.

"No", came the reply. "I can detect no sign of Galvatron or any other Transformer".

"This is most strange", Magmatron muttered to himself. "Take us down."

The ship headed towards the surface of Gaea.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Heinrad: -calls up preliminary scans fo Gaea- Looks like a quiet planet.....
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Heinrad: -in beast mode, pads into quarters- Ahhhh..... off-duty at last...... -picks up sake container and duffel bag, hangs duffel bag on hook, pours himself a small cup of sake, grabs a comic book, and lays down on bunk- I wonder what The Spirit is up to this month.......
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Back on the bridge, Big Convoy sat in his command chair... Star lines streamed around the gung ho... and after what seemed like only cycles... the ship exited warp...

"Gaea... " he muttered.
Checking the scanners, he could tell that all was not right...

"Energy scans... are off the scale in one focused place... and... SLAG! Destron landing craft's already on-planet! Longrack! assemble the crew, and take the space sleds down to the planet. I'll assume a command post here on the gung ho. If things become to hairy, I'll be on planet in no time."

"Magmatron's down there.... I can feel it in my circuits..." he muttered...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Heinrad: -curled up in a ball on his bunk, snoring loudly, when alert klaxon goes off- GAHHHHH!!!!! -jarred awake and thrown off bunk, lands on floor head first- Owwwww....... -transforms to robot mode, grabs equipment, runs out of quarters-
Skycat
Protoform

Post by Skycat »

"Aye sir!" Longrack replied with a brief salute before hurrying out of the bridge, quickly followed by Mach Kick.

Within moments, the crew of the Gung Ho were assembled in the launch bay. Mach Kick and Longrack organised everyone into the space sleds, and soon they were all headed planetside, towards the coordinates of the Destron's landing craft.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Heinrad: -pulls goggles down- Now this is fun! WOO-HOO!!!! -flying sled towards Gaea-
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"Navi, open a comlink to the space sleds."

the teletran-esque computer activated the com..."Com open, Big convoy"

"Alright, people, listen good. I've confirmed the presence of a destron craft on-planet. Magmatron was last seen headed for gaea... likely after the angolomus energy that was once found here. Be careful. I highly doubt he's alone. at the first sign of serious trouble, activate your homing beacons... and I'll be onplanet in moments. Big Convoy Out."
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

On the planet, Magmatron and his crew searched the planet, which was totally devastated.

"What could have caused this", Magmatron wondered.

"I'm not sure", Dead End, who was beside him, responded.

Suddenly, Crazybolt broke in with a message.

"Um, boss", he said. "We've detected some space sleds coming down."

"Blast!", Magmatron thought "Convoy here? So soon?! All right, now. No need to panic. I can deal with this."

"All right", he said. "Scatter, and scan for beast modes! Convoy is coming, and we'll need to bled in as best we can. Now let's go!"

[This message has been edited by Bombshell (edited 01-12-2002).]
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Heinrad: -blazing down through atmosphere on sled- Ambient energy readings are off the scale... Good thing we've got these beast modes... Now, let's see where the bad guys are. -starts scanning for Cybertronian life forms-

[This message has been edited by Heinrad (edited 01-12-2002).]
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

(OOC: OK folks, here goes. Let me know via PM if anything's wrong)

Sixswitch padded down the corridor of the Gung Ho. Recently, he had been training extensively in his tiger mode. As his superiors had rightly pointed out, he had no close combat weapons in robot form, so this was the best mode to fight hand to hand in.

He was slightly annoyed however, that the other bots had been sent to the planet without him. He was sure Big Convoy had a good reason for it, but he wanted to know what it was. The door to the bridge slid open as he entered. Big Convoy was stood there, his back to him as he faced the large window looking out onto the planet.

Sixswitch transformed into robot mode, and stood quickly. He was a tall robot, as large as the Commander himself. His missile launchers glittered from the running lights of the bridge reflecting off them.

"Commander (Big Convoy)," he started bluntly, "Why was I not to travel with the rest of the group down to the planet?"

------------------
"Eat well, stay fit, die anyway."

Thanks for the image Savannahtron!