[Original RPG] BW Neo: part 1: Big Convoy... the commander?!?

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Big turned abruptly... "Sixswitch. My appologies... you...weren't on the initial roster... and I'd no idea you were even on board... but all the better I suppose... Magmatron will expect me to be the only one left on board the gung ho... having you still here gives us a slight advantage... they'll have no idea you're present...until it's too late."
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Sixswitch nodded, happy with the answer, and stepped up to the middle of the bridge, just behind Big Convoy's chair, and looked out the window on the planet below.

Lush, green, and yet seemingly uninhabited. Having not taken time to read the mission briefing fully, his next question was inevitable.

"So, what do we know about this place?"

EDIT: Losing the sig

[This message has been edited by Sixswitch (edited 01-14-2002).]
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"...this is the last known location of lio convoy... it was here that several years ago, Galvatron somehow brought from a rift in time and space, Majin Zarak... a battleship transformer more massive than even gigastorm was... The anolgomus energy was eventually contained in capsules, and spread throughout the universe... in hopes that no one would be able to posess its power... apparently, Magmatron's found something down there... and I'll give you three guesses as to what it is." Big rose to his feet, initiating a scan of the area where his crew had landed...

"Just like I thought... There's the destron landing craft... the must've scattered... and worse...taken beastmodes as well!"

Big opened a comlink to his crew, hoping he wouldn't be too late...

"Alright folks, listen up! The landing craft has been confirmed... but I'm not picking up any definitive destron energy signals... they must've assumed beast modes by now... BE CAREFUL!"

OOC: If the message gets through in time or not is up to you guys. It's meant to be sorta a last instant thing, seeing that stampy's going to have to get captured, one way or another...
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Sixswitch looks up at the sensor screen that Big Convoy is looking at.

A prime target

"Sir, if we attack now, we could destroy the shuttle and trap the destrons on the planet. The energy source will not be much use to them if they can't use it."

The six-changer swivelled his missile launchers to emphasise his point.

"So, what do you say?"

(OOC note: Remember Sixswitch's bio. Impulsive guy... whether this is a good thing in this situation is of course up to Big Convoy)
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Heinrad: -That would explain why the scanners aren't picking anything up. -starts switching through scanner settings- Something should pick them up.....
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

A triceratops comes out of a nearby forest and takes a look at Heinrad's position.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Big shook his head... "Negative, Sixswitch... That may keep them from immedieately escaping the planet... but the anolgomous energy alone could tip the scales in the destron's favor... Navi. Give Sixswitch a briefing on what this energy's capable of with based just on its reaction to emotion..."

The ship computer activated a floating hoverpod projector... "Anolgomous energy is still quite a mystery, however Lio Convoy had some idea of what it was capable of. "

An image flashed out into the air... showing a warm tropical island, the ocean around it moving, massive waves splashing....

"This was taken during a scouting mission by lio convoy previous to his assignment on gaea... as you see, the area is of tropical nature, located near the planet's equator..."

Another image replaced it... another island... covered in snow and ice, the waters surrounding it frozen solid...

"This is the same island... after the anolgomous energy took effect. a young native of the planet was angry at his elder brother, and the energy, picking up on his emotions, froze not only the island... but a great deal of the surrounding area... the ocean was frozen for close to a hundred mile radius... and this was only with a VERY small amount of the energy present."

The projector pod returned to its launching pad, and Big Convoy turned slightly...

"Let's also not forget... that's only a landing craft... they've got to have a significantly larger ship in orbit... and I'm betting the thing's got at least as much firepower as the gung ho... I don't want to leave anything to chance. Understood?"
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Sixswitch gazed in awe and surprise at the screen.

"Yes sir, that stuff is too dangerous to fall into the Destron's hands."

And possibly even ours. He thought to himself.

He resigned himself to waiting for a word from the bots already on the planet.

[This message has been edited by Sixswitch (edited 01-16-2002).]
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Heinrad: -sighs- Not picking up a thing....... -looks out of sled's viewport, sees triceratops- Wish you could tell me where Magmatron's troops are....
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Hearing Hienrad's comment, the Triceratops transforms into the robotic form of Guildeart.

"Why, they're right here", he said, firing off his Thunder Horns.
Skycat
Protoform

Post by Skycat »

(ooc: apart from MachKick, LongRack, Break, and Heinrad, are there any other Cybertrons planetside?)

"Heads up, incoming!" MachKick yelled as he spotted Guildart fire off his Thunder Horns. Everyone dove out of the way, the horns driving into the ground where they'd all previously been standing.

LongRack rolled to his feet, then shifted to weapons mode and fired off a missile back at the Destron triceratops.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Guildeart took LongRack's hit in full force, knocking him down.

Suddenly an explosion hit LongRack from behind, as Sling used his Tail Bunker attack.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

(OOC: I'm ready to bring Sixswitch into the main story arch now, so I'm going to extract him from the Gung Ho. PM me if you spot any continuity problems, and I shall attempt to correct them.)

Sixswitch was bored. He was idly tapping the keys of the library computer, trying to break the monotony. He glanced up as a red light blinked on one of the forward console, indicating an incoming transmission. A screen flicked on, and a powerful looking red robot appeared.

"Big Convoy, this is Alphias, contacting you on behalf of the Council. They have requested Sixswitch's presence on Cybertron. You are to release him from his current assignment, and have him return home. Cybertron out."

"Well, looks like that's final Commander."
Sixswitch stood up, and walked toward the door.
"I'll be on my way immediately," he paused, "oh, and good luck on your mission."

Sixswitch nodded to the robot manning the drop bay doors.
"OK I'm ready."
"Godspeed on your return journey Sixswitch," the robot said.
"And to you on this mission."

The six-changer dropped from the bay, and floated in space for a moment, before transforming into his stellar fighter craft mode, setting course for Cybertron, and heading into the distance.

He had been travelling for some hours when his sensors picked up extreme turbellence in space nearby. Curious, he diverted course to investigate. What he saw before him as he neared the site was astounding.

A large, roughly sperical ball of hissing and spitting energy hovered in space. Flickers of gold and silver flashed across its navy blue surface, and it seemed to expand and contract irregularly. He flew in for a closer look.

As he approached, the sphere hissed and spat more violently, as if aware of his presence. Subconciously he checked his weaponry and ensured that his missiles were ready to fire. Before he could react further however, the ball exploded violently, enveloping him in a haze of flowing energy. He blacked out...

TBC in End of Days:Chapter 4.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Heinrad: YIPE! -dives for cover- IT WAS A RETORCHIAL QUESTION!