Rarest and most sought-out BW toy?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Rarest and most sought-out BW toy?

Post by Knightdramon »

Which toy in the entire beast wars line do you guys think is the rarest, the one that people want the most?

As an additional question, are any of them being produced anymore? Maybe not, right?
Ultimate Weapon

Re: Rarest and most sought-out BW toy?

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

I'm not sure about demand but I know that the red Optimus Primal can fetch for about $200-$75. And that is damn expensive
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

I don't know what the rarest BW toy would be, or if they are going to reissue it.

I imagine with the BW stuff being reissued already in the Universe line that Hasbro doesn't intend to let the moulds go to waste, and I wouldn't be suprised if in a few years we don't see a revamp of the BW line.

Since Armada/Energon are a different genre maybe the next line will be something more G1 like using the Takara versions of mini Masterpiece Prime, Starscream etc. who knows at this point.

Some of the Japanese imports VS sets can be worth quite a bit, and some of the series figures ie Rattrap, Rhinox, Cheetor, Dinobot etc can be worth a lot of the 1st season if carded, or in good loose shape.

I would say try collecting the figures that you like, there were a ton of them, and a lot of them were recolored and rereleased in the BW series, ie BlackArachnia = repainted Tarantulas.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

The Takara repaints of the Basic Primal and Megatron are quite rare. Clear Convoy, Burning Convoy, Black Lio Convoy, and Black Big Convoy are also rare and expensive. The Beast Wars toy in most demand is most likely Jaguar.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

The truth is, that I have quite a number of BW toys. I grew up with them, like other people grew up with the G1.

I have Rhinox, Cheetor, Dinobot, Ratrap, Optimus Primal, Megatron...in short every character in the show, except the ones from the end of season 2 and season 3. I stopped buying back then.

Unfortunately, since I was a kid back then, I played with these toys. A LOT. So I have one broken Megatron [TM], broken Scorponok, looser than ever Waspinator...missing pieces from Rhinox's gun etc.

I thought that I'd get to complete a Transformers collection, so I chose BW. I've already trying to buy the big pieces on e-bay [lucky me...stopped just when Depth Charge and Optimal Optimus came out...].

So I just thought I should ask this to get the rarest, most 'precious' ones first. Feel free to post more replies.
Ultimate Weapon

Could somebody explain Jaguar to me? He looks a lot like TM Cheetor but with a different head.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Jaguar is basically, who you know as Ravage in the series.

His BM is like a black transmetal cheetor, but his robot form is slightly altered [his bm head doesn't split up to become arms but rather stays as his robot head].

I just saw a black lioconvoy in a sealed box. 99.99

that's more expensive than most G1 toys!

Side question...which is your favourite beast wars toy?
ESKiM0J03
Protoform

Post by ESKiM0J03 »

Originally posted by Savannahtron

Since Armada/Energon are a different genre maybe the next line will be something more G1 like using the Takara versions of mini Masterpiece Prime, Starscream etc. who knows at this point.

wouldnt that be BT/Altenators? :D well kinda
BET YOU DiDNT KNOW i WAS A NiNjA!!!
Angus
Protoform

Post by Angus »

The one I want the most is Takara Terrorsaur because it's VHTF and it's cartoon accurate. The beast body is all red without the green painting. The beak is the same colour as in the show. I've heard the robot body is gray, just like in the cartoon. It must look awesome.

But the one people want the most is definetely X-9 Ravage. I paid $70 for mine.
Angus
Brazilian TF Collector
Los Angeles, CA
My collection
Sevrian
Protoform

Post by Sevrian »

Actually, I want that terrorsaur too.

I didn't know it was the Takara version, but I saw a picture at TFU, and thought it looked so much better than the one I have.

Side note: what does VHTF mean?
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Very hard to find.

I suppose. Anyone got any pictures of that toy?
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by Knightdramon
Anyone got any pictures of that toy?

http://tfu.info/1996/Predacon/Terrorsaur/terrorsaur.htm
Scroll down to see the Japanese variant. Looks cool, very show-accurate.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

From those pics I really like the Takara Terrorsaur. I only have the transmetal :(
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

He does look nice. Good find!
Ultimate Weapon

DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

I never got the Swoop version cause I just simply hated it. The only thing decent was the beast mode. I just don't like Bots to Cons like that.... or Preds to Bots, he's too mean looking to be an Autobot
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

I only have the original Terrosaur. Too bad I have lost his gun. The transmetal version never came out in my country, or so I believe.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

The Dinobot (Original and TM2) are also cool ones to look out for. A lot of the original characters is what some people sometimes go for.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Yeah, I've seen Dinobot TM2 go really cheap. He is a deluxe, after all.

Luckily, I already have Dinobot [original] so I won't have to spend the dollars they ask for him.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

I missed out on Dinobot when he first came out, now I just know I'm going to end up spending some $50 for him on ebay. :(