E. Megatron Comments and Questions

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Grimlock2983
Protoform

E. Megatron Comments and Questions

Post by Grimlock2983 »

So last night I was out hunting for cool TFs, and ran into Energon Megatron. No big deal, you think? He's been out for months, you say? Well, I ran into him at Target!! I thought he was a Wal-Mart Exclusive toy!? If he is/was, that made me think, how long do the toys stay "exclusives?" I know that Hasbro said several of their upcoming releases were going to be exclusives to Wal-Mart of KB, but if I can find them a few months later at Target, then they arent' really exclusive, are they?

The toy is the best Energon toy I have seen though. I really like it. Much better than the Armada Megatron, or the Energon OP. My only complaint is that he can't actually hold his sword.
Blaster: "Grimlock, look over there!"

Grimlock: "You think Grimlock stupid, fall for trick."

Blaster: "Well, yes and no. Yes, I think you're stupid. But no, it's not a trick."

*Decepticons attack while Blaster and Grimlock battle for leadersihp of the Autobots, Issue #41*
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

He started out as a Wal-Mart exclusive. For whatever reason, they got him several months before everyone else. The others, however, are unfortunately very much exclusives.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah, they planned to mass-release him after making him a temporary Walmart exclusive. Personally, I'd recommend the two-pack of Prime vs Megs (a tru exclusive, I believe). You get all of the Megatron goodness without the intrusiveness of such a large figure (I have too many big guys (I have all the original citybots released in the US (well, Ft Max is actually the CR repaint, but for the most part, that's all of them))). Besides, you get two figures for half the price of the big one. :up:
Grimlock2983
Protoform

Post by Grimlock2983 »

Yeah, I thought about that, but I really really don't like Prime in Energon. And he looks worse as a tiny toy. He looks pregnant to me, honestly.

Besides, I don't mind having a large Megs, I don't have too many big toys, and few of them are Decepticons.
Blaster: "Grimlock, look over there!"

Grimlock: "You think Grimlock stupid, fall for trick."

Blaster: "Well, yes and no. Yes, I think you're stupid. But no, it's not a trick."

*Decepticons attack while Blaster and Grimlock battle for leadersihp of the Autobots, Issue #41*
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah, not a big fan of prime either. I'm prolly gonna ask for one of the omegas for christmas (hopefully sentinel will be out by then), and if I get it, I'll just throw prime inside him.

I guess it's more of a space issue for me. I wish I still had room in my place, but my shelves are crammed.
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
Yeah, not a big fan of prime either. I'm prolly gonna ask for one of the omegas for christmas (hopefully sentinel will be out by then), and if I get it, I'll just throw prime inside him.
trust me,dont waste prime on omega,save him for wing saber
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I dunno. I don't like wing sabre that much. Will powerlinx prime fit in him? I know that with omega, it's just a hollow part of the fig that he sits in, while with ws, he's attached.
Clay

Post by Clay »

I dunno. I don't like wing sabre that much. Will powerlinx prime fit in him? I know that with omega, it's just a hollow part of the fig that he sits in, while with ws, he's attached.

I don't know if that'll necessarily work out well. I'll post some pics of alternate combined omegas.
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

I dunno. I don't like wing sabre that much. Will powerlinx prime fit in him?

nope :(
i have the sl version(the one that came with green kicker) and they dont combine.had to order a prime just so he could give my beautiful saber articulation.
with that said,putting that small prime with such a small head inside omega should look hillerius!
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
TransMetal Wolfang
Protoform

Post by TransMetal Wolfang »

Oh, nuts! I was hoping he'd be able to combine with Wing Saber, espacially after seeing this pic in Ben Yee's review of him. It would seem that he is able to combine with the OP units, so I thought he'd be able to combine with Wing Saber.
Oh, well, I might still get 'Saber so I can make a sort of pseudo Powerlinx Omega Supreme with him and Powerlinx Prime (I've already found a way to use Px Prime as OS's head).

What, exactly, prevents Powerlinx Optimus Prime and Wing Saber from combining?
"I am, as I have always been... Wolfang! And you remember my consort, Heidi."
My Transformers photo album
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

Originally posted by TransMetal Wolfang

What, exactly, prevents Powerlinx Optimus Prime and Wing Saber from combining?

2 things:
a)the pegs(or holes,whatever you prefer) that prime's legs/arms needs to go into are way too big for the small fatimus
b)even if the legs would fit in(which they dont,see a) the arms are not only too small,but have those minicon pegs.