The "soft" plastic quality of Cybertron figures.

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Sir Auros

The "soft" plastic quality of Cybertron figures.

Post by Sir Auros »

Both Vector Prime and Starscream have parts made out of a softer type of plastic than the main bodies and I'm not particularly impressed with it. My Vector Prime came with the wings bent in a couple of places and they're not straightening out with time. The sword is made of the same material, so I imagine if the figure ever falls over in the night or something, the sword could warp. Starscream's weapons are made of the same material and its sword has a slight bend in it as well.

Anyone else experiencing similar problems? What about those of you with Galaxy Force stuff?
Civ

Post by Civ »

Yeah, I've seen this as well with my Vector Prime figure. As far as I can tell, Crumplezone doesn't use any of the really soft plastic. I'm guessing they did it with V. Prime so the wings would be less likely to break. I've also seen this on Unicron as well as Energon Megatron. My E. Megs' green wings are all bent out of shape and I've been trying to get them bent back into shape with not a whole lot of success.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Haven't had any problems with V.Prime yet, but Starscream's sword is bent.
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

those of us with Galaxy force versions? We laugh...:D we laugh at those who said "meh, I'll wait til the Cybertron version." all those months ago... :laugh:

But anyway, my Galaxy Force Starscreams left blade won't always flick out like it should and the paint on the Decepticon insignia on his force chip has worn off.
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
ssjautobot
Protoform

Post by ssjautobot »

now im really glad i got the galaxy force version
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

GF version has no such faults...
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
ssjautobot
Protoform

Post by ssjautobot »

yeah, i know. i love the GF version, material wise and paint wise. i think it is very superior to the american version
Salnak Devious

Post by Salnak Devious »

I was lucky for a while, my wings on V. Prime stood strong and still then the sword went wonky. I got the hair dryer onto it reset the plastic left it in a cold place and it set perfectly. Haven't had any problems with the wings what so ever. But I do feel the softness to them but they don't bend at all ...