Cybertron Minicons join our world...

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Clay

Cybertron Minicons join our world...

Post by Clay »

...Diablo's minions grow stronger.

Heh. It's like a robot midget-militia.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I don't think I'll ever be a fan of Minicons, annoying gimmick for some terrible little figures.

Give me more Spychangers any day.
Clay

Post by Clay »

They're better than Superlinking... or the planet chips.

Plus, they're not all minicons. There's about ten spychangers in there, along with 80+ micromasters.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

any WSTs in there? (didn't see any)

That's a nice little army. (Yeah, I think I'm funny ;) ) I just liked the Minicons because I could fit them into my world of MMs. They can make for a great collection.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Pun-3X
any WSTs in there? (didn't see any)

There will be!
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by Clay
They're better than Superlinking... or the planet chips.

Plus, they're not all minicons. There's about ten spychangers in there, along with 80+ micromasters.

Ok, Superlinking I can buy (if only because it did hurt several figures' robot modes), but the planet keys are equally irritating in my book because it's the same gimmick (plugging something in to do something fun) and the inclusion of a half-assed robot doesn't make it any less annoying.
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Nice. Makes me wish I had room to display my little guys (62 micromasters, 67 minicons).

Auros, you should try some of the later Armada minicons. Especially the triple changer teams are good.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
Ok, Superlinking I can buy (if only because it did hurt several figures' robot modes), but the planet keys are equally irritating in my book because it's the same gimmick (plugging something in to do something fun) and the inclusion of a half-assed robot doesn't make it any less annoying.

But that's the thing: even if you're just looking at the minicons as gimmicks for the larger figures, they're still gimmicks that you can play with on their own without the bigger figure. You can't do that with the planet keys.

Besides, most of the minicons have little themes or gimmicks of their own. As Osku said, a lot of the later sets function like Targetmasters with their third modes, which is cool. Giving larger figures minions is something I've always liked...

On top of all that, they blend in well with Micromasters and Spychangers. When you have the whole lot of them all massed together, they become harder to argue with.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Got eight WSTF today:

Prime
Megatron
Jazz
Red Alert
Prowl
Thrust
Starscream
Soundwave w/Ravage

I also went through and added some old powermaster engines to the armada. Of course, after last weekend, I really want to clean up some of my old LEGO base sets so that the mini-transformers can have a command/control :)
Dennis
Protoform

excuse me

Post by Dennis »

excuse me for my unknowledge (made upp word I think or else dont mind it) but what is WSTF ?
the general wants you
Clay

Post by Clay »

"World's Smallest Transformers".

It was a line of trading figures from Takara a few years ago. G1 characters shrunk down to micromaster size, basically.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

With the reissue of Star Convoy, do you think we'll see more micromasters and bases from takara. A really good move would be if they were to reissue a base and a set of four in one set for about what they charge for a normal book reissue. Wonder if it would sell well, considering it's 5 figures and a base.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Ha! I still have all of the small bases and transports from when I was a kid, so reissues are meaningless to me! Ha HA!

It would be neat, especially if they were to stick in a patrol that has the same theme as the base. I doubt anything like that would happen, though, as Micros seem to be more hit and miss with fans.
Batmanners
Protoform

Post by Batmanners »

Ugh, I think this is all I'll post tonight, so tired..stupid work I gotta do to earn my TF's.....

yawn...

Yeah Minicon's aren't all that bad, you don't HAVE to use them, but some do look cool and they are nothing morer than a gimmick, but at least you get about 600% more fun out of them than the stupid Keys (which I throw out BTW, I keep 1 in a slot where it kinda locks so I can't lose it)

Did WSTF ever get released in North America? I don't recall ever seeing them around... lol what am I talking about I don't even know when they came out...

Anyways, Keys = utter crap, ugly, not fun, mostly makes annoying ass noises from my Tfs... It's worth it if the TF comes with free batteries though, almost pays for itself. If it made decent noises maybe I'dd like it more, but I doubt it, they sacrifice movement for better stabilisation for the whole battery pack/speaker/wiring to chips horsepoo. Starscream could be a LOT more posable if it wasn't for the stupid useless noises when you move his arms. I still love the guy to death though... Oh shoot...I'm gonna take a pic of my collection....bbs
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Hmmm . . . I keep my keys. Yeah, the minicons are cooler, but I like having them plugged in to most figures. I wish I could get a Japanese Vector Prime key, as it looks cool. I'm also keeping a few spare keys for Primus' thing just for display purposes.
Dennis
Protoform

herje herje

Post by Dennis »

he who pulled the cybertron minicons of the shelf and to the store counter to pay for them shall answer one to the kingdom important question ! Does theese new robots have powerlink spots ?
the general wants you
Batmanners
Protoform

Post by Batmanners »

Still unsure as to what the hell you just said....

Yes they have Powerlinx pegs. I don't know why because they're ugly... if they were as cool as Vector Prime's Minicon then it'dd be cool....or if they combined into a weapon such as the Requiem blaster..they'dd be cool...as far as I'm concerned, they don't do anything but add to the useless minicon madness. I don't have many minicons, and I now wish I had 3 less.
Archklown
Protoform

Post by Archklown »

I like certin minicons. some are really good like Vector Primes,Hot Spot (love all those Missles) GunBarrel (still more Rockets ^_^). and Micromasters just rule btw Clay nice Dev,Defensor,SixRail, and is that Mensor??? but some minicons like Ramjet should be destoryed. and nice d2 refernce lol
Batmanners
Protoform

Post by Batmanners »

The only thing odd I find about having Minicons in the Cybertron line is that none of the Transformers have a powerlink peg (unless they come with one, so far, Vector Prime and you only have one place to attach it.) so it makes it kinda redundant to have Cybertronian Minicons. But then again I guess kids might buy them and powerlink with their Armada/Energon TF's.

And about Ramjet, I like him, the smallest minicon I have lol... I put him right next to Starscream to make him look even smaller.
Archklown
Protoform

Post by Archklown »

well true he is the smallest minicon. i belive he is that way becuase so he could fit in a little slot inside of Tidal Wave. but because of that his legs are molded together and he is a poor designed toy. but at lest you have been able to find i use for him. i eather have him in his gimmick spot on Tidal wave or hidden away in his arm