Ugliest BM Maximal

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.

Well?

RID Megabolt Megatron-Ooh, a giant head! Scary! What are you gonna do? Talk me to death?
6%
Geckobot
6%
Hammerstrike, the Miss America of ugly
6%
Night Viper, with his rainbow-colored 'fro wig
11%
Quickstrike
11%
Silverbolt--Oh noes! Teh turkey caught on fire!!!11one Look! He's transforming into Sam the Eagle in shogun armor! =-0
22%
Optimus "I look less like my show counterpart than some G1 figures" Primal
6%
Skydive, aka Candy Corn Face
No votes
Other
22%
Some Vehicon--Look, there's a limited amount of options, and I'm not going to clog them up with the side that got the good figures (aside from Spystreak, but even they need to have 1 or 2 figures that suck).
11%

Total votes: 18

RID Scourge

Ugliest BM Maximal

Post by RID Scourge »

Well, this dealy was inspired by a picture of Hammerstrike (who, of course, gets my vote).

I've noticed that when it comes to Beast Machines, the cartoon was actually done quite well, but as far as toylines go, it was pretty much a dud. In fact, it's probably the only TF line, where I'd say that I like the cartoon better than the toys it was advertising (Beast Wars comes pretty close with such an awesome cartoon, but the toyline just inches ahead of it, based on the fact that there are so many toys, as opposed to the small core cast of the cartoon).

So, anyway, who's the ugliest figure in the line? I'm throwing in Megatron Megabolt for good measure (and because he's not in scale with everyone else).
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

In fairness to Nightviper the fact that he transforms into a snake is a miracle in itself. I genuinely like Hammerstrike though my love for hammerhead sharks may be clouding my judgement. As much as I want to love Gekobot for his alt mode his robot mode is just plain awful ditto for Nightscream and Battle Unicorn. I hate prime immensely even if he wasn’t meant to be Prime I’d hate him. I’d give my vote to Silverbolt if he didn’t bring a smile to my face every time I see his craptaculer design. However at least he’s “different”-I’m handing my vote over to Quickstrike for being thoroughly boring, uninspired mess. Looks like a Transmetal reject with no thought put into him whatsoever. Also I’d like to mention Che. I mean come on…
-Alex???
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah, I want a Night Viper, but I just couldn't resist putting him on because he's pretty funny-looking.

Yeah, Quickstrike doesn't have much going for him, except that one of his arms is a switchblade, which makes him teh h@rdc0r3!!!11one ;)
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

And I know name rehashes can be annoying but Quickstrike:eyebrow: That’s almost insulting and it merely highlights the sheer lack of thought that went into him.
-Alex???
Scout

Post by Scout »

Megabolt. He's ugly, and he doesn't have an ounce of play fun except to watch one of my cats roll it around.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah, it's funny. He's damned if you do and damned if you don't, it seems. As a toy, he just doesn't work* in that he's out of scale with the BM figures**, but very few people would fork over the amount of money that it would cost for a figure that was in scale if all it did was transform into a head. One thing he does have going for him is an interesting robot mode, though.

*Aside from being able to sit on Ft Max's body if you rip his legs off (owie! :eek: )

**If you were to use deluxes, and he was a supreme, he would still be out of scale, but at least he'd be a little better.
Originally posted by Aardvark
And I know name rehashes can be annoying but Quickstrike:eyebrow: That’s almost insulting and it merely highlights the sheer lack of thought that went into him.

Yeah, tell me about it. I don't mind reuse of names, but he's a far cry from the BW version.
ravimus prime
Protoform

Post by ravimus prime »

Megabolt, incredibly overrated. I can't really explain why I hate him though... I also think Hammerstrike is terribly ugly.
Wildfire Herald

Post by Wildfire Herald »

Hey, I liked Hammerstrike! I think Silverbolt is one of the worst out there, him or Noble Savage.
R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers
DDM
Protoform

Post by DDM »

First, I'm pretty sure megatron is a predacon/vehicon:)

Second, I voted night viper because they have made a very good snake transformer (Beast Wars Neo Cohadra) and I don't know why they couldn't have taken some elements from him.

Although I must say, there are very few GOOD looking BM maximals.
Rollerdash
Protoform

Post by Rollerdash »

Other, Rattrap or Nightscream (the bat, I tink thats his name any way.)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Nightscream, though Quickstrike (he was the quad-bike thing, yeh?) was pretty ****ing weird.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

This one is Quickstrike. Were you thinking of Strika or Blastcharge? Those are the only two that are close to being quad-bikes.
Originally posted by DDM
First, I'm pretty sure megatron is a predacon/vehicon:)

Yeah, I threw him in for good measure, since he's one of the few from that side that makes me scratch my noggin.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

My noggin was thoroughly scratched after seeing Mechatron.
I know by all rights I should hate Blastcharge but I can't help but adore the poor rickets sufferer.
-Alex???
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I actually like the TFU version of Blastcharge, but it may just be because of the classic 'con colors and the skull on his front end in vehicle mode.
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Silverbolt's mold is a failure in so many ways that it's an easy choice. Nightscream isn't a terrible toy, but it really should have been way smaller.

I like Quickstrike...
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Originally posted by RID Scourge
I actually like the TFU version of Blastcharge, but it may just be because of the classic 'con colors and the skull on his front end in vehicle mode.

Yeah I'd like to get my grubby Aardvark paws on one of those.
-Alex???