anyone collect micromasters?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Mirage

anyone collect micromasters?

Post by Mirage »

i think micromasters are ace, much like the recent minicons.

small, yet detailed. i aren't keen on the bigger micromasters but the patrols and teams are quality.

anybody else collect these? if so, what's your opinion on the larger micromaster bases etc?
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

I still hope that I merely misplaced my Countdown rocket base rather than selling it. :(

Personally I prefer minicons. Better interactivity with the bigger bots, articulation and more involved transformation schemes.

Right now, I got two Micromaster combiners, Rail Racer and Devastator and they kick ass. I also got Star Convoy and his micromaster base, but it's still nowhere as good as Countdown's was. :(
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

It's always the classy ones who dig Micromasters.

I love the bases simply for Micromaster city. (I bought a cheap Metroplex and Scorponok for the same purpose. They're lovely, though they don't interconnect with the Micro bases well.) Transports are also nice because they add a dimension to the typical Micromaster. Having Overload carry the Race Car Patrol or landing Tracer on Flattop never gets boring, for example.

Minicons are good too, but I find they tend to be flimsier than Micros - a lot of their alt modes aren't as solid as the average Micromaster's, in large part because they were significantly more daring. I think my collection pictures still should be in the Fandom section. There's a good one or two of my Micro collection, which has grown much since.

I'm also quite a fan of the combiners. Rail Racer is immaculate. The Japanese Micromasters in general are pretty excellent. I'd recommend any of them.

I swear I'll cry soon if I can't find a Full-Barrel.
Originally posted by Tetsuro
I also got Star Convoy and his micromaster base
Does that include Rodimus? Sweet mercy I'd be jealous if it does.
Flec's selling a lot of RID, Armada, and Energon, and a few G1 toys. 'S all I'm sayin'.
The TFArchive RPG - "the most popular part of the site[!]" - Skywarp. Darn tootin'.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Originally posted by Reflector

Does that include Rodimus? Sweet mercy I'd be jealous if it does.

In that case, get ready to turn green... ;)
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

I've got most of the Hasbro's micromasters, missing Heavy Tread, two of the combiner transports (Cannon and Missile Launcher) plus some accessories for few bases.*

Most of the bases that have a mobile alternate mode are nice; Countdown, Skyhopper, Groundshaker etc.

The small building bases on the other hand are quite boring (little play value unless you have space to build a town); Hot House, Airwave etc.

If you're thinking of expanding your collection, you'll get best value for your money from combiner squads (Astro and Battle squad members are excellent little bots) and small transport vehicles (Erector and Roughstuff being the best IMO).

If you want to check some bases, I'd recommend Groundshaker and Skyhopper for starter set. :)

* I've got some spare parts for MM bases on my trade list, looking for some as well (see my sig).
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I have a few of them. I like the Armada Minicons a lot, but I feel like the newer designs rely too much on articulation, and they're getting a little fugly and less sturdy.

I have a few micromasters, but they're pretty rare to find in decent condition, and a mite bit pricey for what they are. Used to have a whole bunch as a kid, and really wish I know where they got misplaced. All I remember is having a box of them, and one day, they were gone from where I left them in my closet (I noticed it right soon before I switched rooms in my parents' place). :( If only I could find it . . .

I have Sixliner, Sixturbo and Sixbuilder. Have a knockoff decepticon Sixwing, and I wish I could find a complete Superion (found 5 of 6, but since I don't have the time to hunt for that last one, I didn't pick them up. Should have still picked up Ro-Tor, as that's the best mold from the set, but didn't). All in all, they're a mixed bag. I don't like their combined modes too much, and I really only like half of the members from each gestalt team.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I just picked up 4 of the 6 japanese sixtrain guys. However, I have just learned that the American issues (which I was hoping to get to fill in the other two) have different gestalt parts packaged with different guys. Hence, I either have to hunt down the Japanese ones or buy extra American ones to get all the parts. I'm sad.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Notabot
I just picked up 4 of the 6 japanese sixtrain guys. However, I have just learned that the American issues (which I was hoping to get to fill in the other two) have different gestalt parts packaged with different guys. Hence, I either have to hunt down the Japanese ones or buy extra American ones to get all the parts. I'm sad.

You'll be even sadder when you find that Takara ****ed up the colour scheme so they could pimp their laughable "red" variant as a chase...

I prefer Micromasters to Mini-Cons because the former are more consistent... for every Mini-Con triumph like Spiral or Terradive there's an atrocity like Swindle or Nightbeat. Very few Micromasters are bad.
Snailsmasher
Protoform

Post by Snailsmasher »

I got all six constructicons, thought they were cool specifically their combined mode (i.e devastator)
chiasaur11
Protoform

Post by chiasaur11 »

Micromaster superion. 18 bucks. Oh yeah, life is good.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Originally posted by chiasaur11
Micromaster superion. 18 bucks. Oh yeah, life is good.
No it's not!

Your life sucks! It sucks horribly! Unless you get a micromaster base RIGHT NOW!

;) :D
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Resurrecting an old thread here, but this isn't really worth a new thread.
As said before, I have 4 of the Japanese Micromaster trains. For Christmas, my in-laws gave me the missing two from the Universe line. Problem now? I have no thighs or fists for Sixtrain. Anyone know if you can buy those parts anywhere, or am I better off just getting the two japanese ones for cheapish?
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Parts will propably as expensive as complete bots. You can get both fists from Rapid Run (Hasbro), so it might be the best option for those parts.

Got myself 5 of 6 from clearance sale today, missing Railspike. Nice little buggers, even if the train theme is a bit boring when compared to other MM combiner themes (construction vehicles, car/motorcycle, planes/helicopter).
kupimus aka(clocker)
Protoform

Post by kupimus aka(clocker) »

my dream is to one day have every micromaster there is. i so far have none though.
Let this be thy final lesson monster, no man is e'er defeated till his last breath is drawn! And e'en THEN, 'tis most unwise for the victor to assume the battle is ended, for with god and man, a war is ne'er over till the ultimate wrong is set aright and the final villain is DONE!
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Originally posted by kupimus aka(clocker)
my dream is to one day have every micromaster there is. i so far have none though.
Ungh...that reminds me...there was an auction on ebay that had every. single. micromaster released in the west (excluding the Universe sixcombiner ones which are reissues of the Japanese exclusives), complete with all the bases too. And it went for 50 euros.

And I didn't bid because the seller didn't reply to my shipping cost queries. :(