What is the most expensive Transformer you own?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

I got a Fortress Maximus in 3rd grade, and still have it.
SimonMK
Protoform

Post by SimonMK »

Either Classic Devastator, Cybertron Metroplex, Galaxy Force Optimus Prime or Galvatron. I did bought Primus but I bought him when T'R'Us sold them for 30$.
Markus
Protoform

Post by Markus »

MP-05 Megatron..

payed 150 us dollars for him(with shipping from UK)
numbat

Post by numbat »

MP-04 Convoy at 94GBP including postage (just under $200).

Next after that would actually be MPB-01 at 75GBP. Oddly, my MP-05 cost me one pound less than that.

I'm not quite sure what in my collection would be worth the most, now, after various cut backs. (With another looming...) I've got a few odd figures, but not any worth huge money.
So (if I can) Im gonna change the question slightly and ask whos your biggest Tf bargain that left you thinking "man,I got a good deal there"

Had a few of those from eBay sellers who don't know what they've got, or spell names wrong. However, I was well chuffed with a lot of 8 WST figures, including Soundwave (already had - along with most of the others), red Bumble and Convoy's trailer, for just under 65GBP including postage. I made all that back selling everything but red Bumble and the trailer (and Prowl - nobody wanted him even for a penny :( ). I turned a good profit in the end on that one and came away with the trailer I'd been hunting for, and a red Bumble as a bonus!

(As a random note - why is everyone so happy to pay over-the-odds for WST Soundwave? Were there not many? I mean, I got mine at a normal international WST basic price...)
I want Sentinel Maximus to complete the set but it is just too overpriced, usually starting MISB at $160-$200+, I was recently outbid for one, as $110 was as high as I would go.

A fellow Overload fan! Sounds like you're doing better collecting him than me (I only have yellow Costco and Sentinel Maximus). I did manage to get my Sentinel Maximus for just under 60GBP ($120) including a hefty postage fee from, erm, Canada, MISB. So if you're over that side of the Atlantic, then there must be ones of similar price, which would have a much lower postage tag. (I think without postage mine would have been around $85 for instance.)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by martyboy70
So (if I can) Im gonna change the question slightly and ask whos your biggest Tf bargain that left you thinking "man,I got a good deal there"

Got an accessory-less Wheeljack for a fiver, and a Trailbreaker about the same...
Target
Protoform

Post by Target »

I got a 100% complete Bruticus for £21.00 :D just over £4 per TF!!
If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
sid burn
Protoform

Post by sid burn »

Originally posted by numbat
A fellow Overload fan! Sounds like you're doing better collecting him than me (I only have yellow Costco and Sentinel Maximus).

Glad to see I am not the only one who loves the guy, I didnt even know about the yellow one actually.

In terms of best deal, just yesterday I was able to score a Botcon Megazarak for $77. Far below the usual $100 first bid on ebay.

I also scored an energon omega supreme for $40 at the recent Toronto based Transformerscon.

I was also able to trade away my broken wheelie for a sealed energon treadshot (I really hated that wheelie)
Breaking Necks and Cashing Cheques
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

This news just in!!! Forget all the stuff i listed above my new most expensive purchase in a strange paradox is also my biggest bargain.
Cant believe what I just paid for this guy:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1

Can anyone else beat £32($65) delivered for a Hybrid Masterpiece Optimus Prime-everyone on this thread seems to have paid 2-3 times that(some without the trailer)
Am I the happiest Tf collector ever Hmm maybe.
Also if anyone has the MP Prime and the RM KO prime can you tell me if the gun fits as this seems to be the only (tiny) downside to this item.
So happy right about now:) :D :laugh:
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Nice! S'funny how it happens sometimes though - most of the more expensive TFs I've bought I've regarded as bargains - Skids for £30 before the reissues wasn't bad (Inferno fetched not much less at the time), Shockwave for £20-ish minus the gun barrel, while I'm still pretty chuffed at a minty, 99% complete Jetfire (missing the gun clip, which I'd never use anyway). I'm also chuffed at spending 'just' £50 on that Mini Gobot (sneak peek, as I've just uploaded it early to show my mum - http://counter-x.net/gobots/specials/mr38/index.html).
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by martyboy70
Can anyone else beat £32($65) delivered for a Hybrid Masterpiece Optimus Prime-everyone on this thread seems to have paid 2-3 times that(some without the trailer)

That's not the Masterpiece toy. That's the little "Hybrid Style" toy that came out about a year ago. It's only 3 1/2 inches tall or so.

http://tfarchive.com/toys/reviews/jnw_ths_g1convoy.php
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by numbat
(As a random note - why is everyone so happy to pay over-the-odds for WST Soundwave? Were there not many? I mean, I got mine at a normal international WST basic price...)
Even really knocked about second-hand Soundwaves used to sell high, simply because there weren't many on the domestic markets.

The full size figure's a bit more available now.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Also, having owned him and a couple of others fromt he range, Soundwave's one of the few that really brings the concept off due to the big version actually being pretty damn simple... He's a well-engineered and well-designed set of blocks that fold into one block - that's always going to be easier to WST than an Autobot car.

Plus, y'know, micro-Ravage.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I got G2 Slag and Snarl for $15 total (no accs, one of the tabs on Snarl's dino legs was busted). From ebay

Hound with only a gun for somewhere between $5 and $10, and a few of the later run G1/G2 figures with no accessories for about $5-10 each (deluxish-sized. I dinnae mind the blockiness much). All from BBTS.

Armada Powerlinx Demolisher on clearance at Walmart for about $5.

From some sight, which I don't remember, I got Energon Scorponok and a few other figures for about half-price, right when they were released. Wasn't too thrilled when they decided to really rape me for shipping the second time I ordered from them (was nearly 2-3 times more than what I'd paid for shipping the first time around, which really sucked, considering most of that stuff was knockoffs in the second order . . .), though, so that kinda nullifies the discount I got, first time around . . .
sid burn
Protoform

Post by sid burn »

Martyboy, I really hope you didnt think that was MP04 you just scored.

You would be really disappointed when it arrived and you could put prime in your pocket.

THS 02 is sweet though, but $65 isnt a deal. Compared to retail at BBTS or TFsource, it is over by about $15-$ 20

Probably should have researched what you were getting.

Isn't even MISB, I think you got ripped.
Breaking Necks and Cashing Cheques
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Considering that Alternators are forty bucks over here, I doubt he'll be that fussed...
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

yes more research might be an idea in future but checked it out and UK amazon are selling it for £60 so £32 isnt too bad as Denyer said its a completely different state of affairs over here as far as pricing goes we pay twice the price you do for stuff cos hasbro etc take the dollar amount add a bit and change it to pounds conveniently forgetting the 2:1 exchange rate
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Denyer
Considering that Alternators are forty bucks over here, I doubt he'll be that fussed...

Binaltechs cost the same in the UK as they do in the US (about $50/25 GBP) since you can order them directly from Japan and Hong Kong. The THS thing is more much more akin to a Binaltech since it's a Japan-only product.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Clay
Binaltechs cost the same in the UK as they do in the US (about $50/25 GBP) since you can order them directly from Japan
Where are you getting BTs sent to the UK for £25 including shipping? The only Japanese seller I'm familiar with is HLJ, and they only seem to have clearance Swindles left.

In any case, the point was that people here walk into a store and pay $40 for an Alternator. They're a lot less likely to feel gipped than someone living in an economy that wouldn't support $40 for a store-bought toy of that size and complexity.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Denyer
Where are you getting BTs sent to the UK for £25 including shipping? The only Japanese seller I'm familiar with is HLJ, and they only seem to have clearance Swindles left.

Seconded... can you get me a few when you find the place? ebay's a little less inflated, but brick-and-mortar prices for regular TFs really are about twice as much. A more comparable yardstick for a Japanese figure would be whatever Forbidden Planet charge you for it, the price usually being "whatever the **** they want to"...
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

until you have lived here in good old rip off britain you cant appreciate how spoiled pricewise you are in the good old us of a