Cybertron Galvatron.

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
SimonMK
Protoform

Cybertron Galvatron.

Post by SimonMK »

Is there still any shops that sell him? Can't find him anymore. :( And it seem also Hasbro doesn't have him in their shop in their website...
Civ

Post by Civ »

I think I might have seen some in my local Target and TRU awhile back but I'm not in Canada. You might want to try e-bay.
SimonMK
Protoform

Post by SimonMK »

Is EBay safe? I don't know how it works... Can I get cheated like I send the money but never receive the product?
Justin
Protoform

Post by Justin »

Originally posted by SimonMK
Is EBay safe? I don't know how it works... Can I get cheated like I send the money but never receive the product?

That is a possibility. The best word of advice is check feedback, view the types of items the feedback is for. i.e. don't pay three hundred bucks for a fort max figure from someone who has a history of selling primarily devastator knock offs for 5 bucks. Always ask the seller if you have questions, the tone of their response is a good indicator of how smoothly your transaction will go. Try to get figures from auctions with photos of both modes, and fairly decent quality pics (no grainy camera phones etc). Paypal is probably the safest and definitely the fastest way to pay. Due to its ease most sellers prefer it.
SimonMK
Protoform

Post by SimonMK »

Buying on EBay confuse me, I don't have PayPal and don't know how to use it. And somebody suggested me to buy Takara's Galvatron. I just saw the picture of him and he has those bright yellow color on his shoulder and in front of his face... to me that color seem out of place with the silver, black and red.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Originally posted by SimonMK

I think Justin gave you the best advice already...

Paypal is very easy to setup and use..you should have no problem. If you want this figure this is really going to be about the only way to get one unless you just get really lucky and find some old stock in a store somewhere.

If you keep a close watch on eBay you can easily find them for under $60 buy it now price from time to time. Be aware however that if you get into a bidding war you will pay more. The best bet is to search a few times a day for a BIN auction..they do pop up..my wife got mine for $58 last month.
LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

I've generally had very good transactions with eBay - if the seller has 98% positive feedback or higher, especially with hundreds of feedbacks (careful if they only have like ten feedback), they should be a safe bet - but I have another possible option: Brian's Toys. They made their name as a Star Wars and G.I. Joe vendor, but they sell several other toylines, and are increasing their TF stock. Can't agree with all their prices ($39.99 for Commemorative Hoist?! I got mine for $5.94! [Unless they mean the Takara version.] And don't even think about any AFA-graded G1, unless you have hundreds, or more, to spend...), but the catalog they mailed me last week lists Galvatron (leader class, yes?), for $49.99 USD, which is about original retail, isn't it? You would want to double-check availability at http://www.brianstoys.com (or call (608) 687-7572 [US call - they're based in Wisconsin]), but, you'd have to contact to order, anyway. I've ordered G.I. Joe and Star Wars items from them several times (don't think TFs yet), and have always found them to be very prompt, and accurate, and the only time the boxes had any creases or dents were when I bought a non-mint or discounted item, and even then the figure was always undamaged. (Of course, loose figures - which they won't be unless listed as such - may be less than mint, with C-9 being best condition.)

Whatever you decide to do, good luck in your search!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Originally posted by LKW
... lists Galvatron (leader class, yes?), for $49.99 USD...

Original US price in store was $39.99

but a $10 premium is fair considering Galvatron sold out everywhere. I know of a store that still has Cybertron Megatron, but Galvatron is long gone.
Come on and wind me up.
SimonMK
Protoform

Post by SimonMK »

Thanks everybody! I was very lucky yesterday, last week my brother told me the Toy R Us just received two Galvatron. And I had to save my money throught the week until yesterday and I bought him. And today I went back in there and they sold the other. I was very lcuky to bought the other one or I might had missed it today. :D