even i wouldn't pay this....... (botcon preorder)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
lars573
Protoform

Post by lars573 »

Originally posted by RID Scourge
Indeed, Bug Bite had me scratching my head. Though, it could be worse, I suppose. The GI Joe convention got Cobra Mortal, which was a reissue of an extremely rare, extremely expensive, extremely ugly exclusive that was released in Argentina back when Joe first came out, in their set. I'd have rather seen a repaint of Rodimus or Mirage instead (I heard someone say Mirage as Dragstrip, once and Rodimus would've worked for any of the other three limbs. Maybe one of the attendee exclusives could have been Prime as Motormaster, too). Meh. Nice enough, I suppose.

I believe that Bugbite orignated as some Japanese convention exclusive toy. Just like he is now a repainted white Bumble Bee.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anorak_%28slang%29 - an anorak is basically a completely charisma-free anal nerd obsessive type, usually to the nth degree...

I know a new word now! And it's a good word to know, because I've bumped into several people that are very aptly described by it. Why, some of them post on this very forum!

As for the Botcon Seekers: yeah, these are the first exclusives I've seen that fans in general would even give a **** about. Last year's pre-Beast Wars set was a nice idea, and one probably best suited to a small run marketed directly to collectors, but I opted out of it because it cost far too much.

The Seekers have much wider appeal, especially since the Classic version has all the charm of the original with none of the suck. It's entirely possible that Takara will release their own versions of all six when/if they ever get around to Classics, though.

Also, Dreadwind is awesome.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Bugbite is an homage to an EHobby exclusive destron (white repaint 'remolded' Bumblebee) who was, in turn, an homage to a Gobot villain.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Aye. I was more scratching my head over why they included him, when there are plenty of US-cannon decepticons that would fit the molds avlaible whom collectors would probably be more interested in.

Aye, you'll probably find plenty of Dreads and Bugs on theifbay after the con and probably another wave about a month later, when the Iaacon packages arrive at their destinations.
lars573
Protoform

Post by lars573 »

I actually like Dreadwind and Bugbite. Nice colours, and Dreadwinds head is cool.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I'm not really a fan of the . . . artwork . . . on Bugbite, tbh.

But if the seekers weren't so iconic, and if Dreadwind were a bit more memorable, I'd say that Dreadwind would be on par with them as a star of the set. The Jetfire mold is just so well-done, and he's a good match to his comic likeness.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Well, I got my newsletter today. They spelled my name wrong, but at least, I know the address is right.

Lots of pretty pictures, and while the comic's not ridiculawesome, or anything, it's fun enough, and they've got MTMTEish profiles for Rodimus and Ramjet, that were interesting enough to read, so I'll be reading the newsletter a little more than I thought I would. All in all, I wouldn't recommend membership, unless you're getting club/con exclusives, but if you're doing that, you could do worse with what they could mail you.
sid burn
Protoform

Post by sid burn »

how did they miss the chance to repaint classics megatron as galvatron? It would have been great. I would trade bugbite or dreadwind for that.
Breaking Necks and Cashing Cheques