Bumblebee mistransformed?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Glitcher
Protoform

Bumblebee mistransformed?

Post by Glitcher »

GAH! I need help getting my [insert swear word] Concept Camaro Bumblebee back into car mode. Transforming him into a robot is relatively easy, but reversing the instructions to transform him back into a car is proving to be a real 'mare. Here's as far as I got:

As you can see, the front portion is totally ruined. The damn hood just won't stay above the chassis when flipping the front section up, and as a result the windshield doesn't fit properly into the hood. I'm also experiencing extreme diffculty fitting the roof back into place. I'm not sure if the arms or hands need to be rotated in a specific direction or if they clip on anywhere, but I'm struggling to squeeze the two halves together. Any pointers?

(I wonder what Knightdragon would say about this. He called the transformation "a breeze".)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Could be a manufacturing cock-up... Looks like the automorph parts aren't lining up quite right. Fddling with mine, I can't get it to look like that. And yeh, the transformation really should be a breeze... Not looking good I'm afraid.
PresidentSEARS

Post by PresidentSEARS »

Cliffy - When did you become a mod?

That's pretty much how my Alt Dodge Prime ends up every time I try and transform him to vehicle mode.
Glitcher
Protoform

Post by Glitcher »

Don't worry, PresidentSEARS. I'm pretty sure soon you and I will both be mods like everyone else here.

Anyway, I can force the hood up with difficulty by pushing it up into place with a pencil or something, but the windshield still sticks up at an unnatural angle. Even if I press it down hard, it still pops back up. Here's a closer shot. (Excuse the blurriness.):

Do you think I should return it to the store? BTW, does anyone have any idea what those detachable yellow objects on B's shoulders are for? I'm considering just gluing them in place.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by PresidentSEARS
Cliffy - When did you become a mod?

Right after the thousandth goat was sacrificed whilst the moon was full and the correct incantation recited.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Originally posted by Glitcher
Don't worry, PresidentSEARS. I'm pretty sure soon you and I will both be mods like everyone else here.

Well, that was real tactful of you. Will you please, please, please, just give the snark a rest already.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The odds against you becoming anything of note round here are ten to the power of my overdraft at the moment. :eyebrow:
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, remind me not to try and help a ****** like you ever again.
Glitcher
Protoform

Post by Glitcher »

:wtf: Crumbs, the staff here is obnoxious. How on Earth was my last post in any way offensive?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

:wtf: Crumbs, the staff here is obnoxious. How on Earth was my last post in any way offensive?

It was certainly obnoxious, at any rate. You were asked to drop the snarkiness. You managed it for a whole post. Therefore you got a mildly positive response. But then it's back to this whole mod complex you seem to have got (with no connection to the thread). You're not a particularly stupid person, so please stop acting like one.
Glitcher
Protoform

Post by Glitcher »

*sigh* Look, I'll try and be polite with what I'm about to say.

My mod remark was not meant in any pejorative manner, it was just a playful jibe highlighting the high mod/member ratio. (I can still joke, right?) I don't have any qualms with the number of mods, so please stop reading my posts as personal attacks. Can we put all this behind us, now?
Hound

Post by Hound »

Y'know, we wouldn't need so many mods if staff like Warp and Galvy and Auros and... (Who else is an Admin?) Oh yeah, Sadie would do anything around here. Wait, Denyer too, that guy never does a bit of work... :eyebrow:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

*sigh* Look, I'll try and be polite with what I'm about to say.

My mod remark was not meant in any pejorative manner, it was just a playful jibe highlighting the high mod/member ratio. (I can still joke, right?) I don't have any qualms with the number of mods, so please stop reading my posts as personal attacks. Can we put all this behind us, now?

I find that very, very hard to believe in light of your recent posts (notably the Future of Classics threads, where yet again you started jabbering about mods for no reason, before trying to edit your latest misinterpretation away). Considering the frequent reaction to your purported "jokes", if you had any real sense you wouldn't have said that in the first place, or you'd have certainly worked on the tone of your "jokes". However, I'm prepared to draw a line under this. A line under this means you do not attempt to have the last word on the subject, it means you get along with things, and stop obsessing over mods in unrelated discussions. It ends here and now, one way or another. At this stage, which way is up to you.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Originally posted by Halfshell
Right after the thousandth goat was sacrificed whilst the moon was full and the correct incantation recited.

I hope the Necronomicon was also involved, that would really make my day :D

On a side note, most boards I have ever actively participated in that was this size had a comparable amount of mods. When I used to mod a video game forum I know we had a very similar setup giving mod duties to different folks for each section of the forum. Pretty standard practice best I can figure.

And getting back on topic, my son has this figure and I've never seen him have any problems with the transformation at all. So I went and got his and messed around with it, honestly I can't see how you even got your's in this shape..works like a breeze for me and I cannot replicate the shape your's is in at all.
Markus
Protoform

Post by Markus »

My Bumblebee does the exact same thing. I just had to fiddle with it until I got it to go back correctly.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Originally posted by Hound
Y'know, we wouldn't need so many mods if staff like Warp and Galvy and Auros and... (Who else is an Admin?) Oh yeah, Sadie would do anything around here.

Says the guy who threatens to ban someone and then turns around and joins in on whatever bashing is going on at the moment... ;)

People need to stop being so reactive. Glitcher, this includes you. I will not correct members of staff [who SHOULD be able to self-mod their own behaviour by now], but I can and will do so to you.

Anymore crap, anymore snarky/snide comments in any of our forums about or to any member [be they staff or other] will earn you a temporary [2 weeks or longer] ban from me. Even if you "mean it as a joke". Continued abuse of your messageboard privileges will get you a permanent ban.

Of course, if you manage to piss off someone else who has the power to ban you in the meantime, there's not much I can do for you.

I really don't want to see anything more on this crap posted, so if anyone continues with it [including you, Glitcher] I'm giving them a three-day temp ban.

Back to the topic: You could try going into the store you bought it from and requesting an exchange. If you still have the recipt they might be able to do something for you... dunno, though, depends on the store. Worth a shot, though, IMO.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

As I said, it looks like the automorph 'gears' have leapt somehow, either due to faulty manufacture or mishandling. Not sure how fixable that'd be - I'd try for an exchange before I tried for a fix.
Glitcher
Protoform

Post by Glitcher »

I think what saysadie is fair and I'm glad to see someone remain impartial to all the heat.

Anyway, I got fed up with this Bumblebee and exchanged him at the store. (Which is just downstairs - I'm lucky to live above a toy shop. :p ) My new Bumblebee handles much better and the hood/windshield section folds into place properly, which I think confirms there really was something wrong with the first toy. This is the second Transformer in my limited collection that's proven to be defective. The first was Classics Jetfire, who had a badly cut missile launcher hole that prevented the missile from firing. Luckily, I got that one exchanged, too. I hate to see a such a great toy ruined, though...

PS. Do you recommend I superglue those yellow shoulder tabs in place? They're sure to get lost as they are and I can't fathom why they're detacheable.
Peale
Protoform

Post by Peale »

PS. Do you recommend I superglue those yellow shoulder tabs in place? They're sure to get lost as they are and I can't fathom why they're detacheable.

Yours too? I thought mine was just a manufacturing defect.
Procrasticon
Protoform

Post by Procrasticon »

The little shoulder things on mine are all over the place too. I tried transforming Bumbebee without taking them off and everytime I drop the damned things. (Hasbro's way of making me excersise?) If I can't find any reason as to why they are there I'm going to end up bonding them the the arms. XB
Hey! Where's my "Easy Button?!"