RID Optimus/Magnus prices?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
OmegaPrime634
Protoform

RID Optimus/Magnus prices?

Post by OmegaPrime634 »

I have been looking all over (and I mean ALL over) for the original prices of RID Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus. I believe they are priced the same. I am looking in to buying them and want to make sure eBay doesn't get too much above the original prices.

As there had been a re-release of these two as a two-pack, I would like to note that I am not talking about this set, but the original R.I.D. releases.
(Though, on a related note, what year was this 2-pack released in America? And is there any availability in stores now?)

Back to the R.I.D. sets~ As eBay will likely go over the original prices, what is a good price to shoot for?

An extra note: As I know this may start eventually, I am NOT looking for offers or links to offers. I have those resources myself :P

Thanks in advance for the information :)
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

There was a guy around here about 2 weeks ago getting rid of his in a trade for a Leader Class Brawl. Ask him if he still has them.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
OmegaPrime634
Protoform

Post by OmegaPrime634 »

It would help if I knew which "guy" this is :P Now that I think about it, I think I heard somewhere that they were somewhere between $25 and $30 or so. I'm not too sure about those prices, though.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

It's hard to say. They're not truly great molds, but since they've been off the market for a few years, the best thing to do is see how much they go for, on ebay.

Though, unless you're keeping them MISB, I'd recommend the two-pack that was recently released, since they're going to be the same mold, and will be easier to acquire.
OmegaPrime634
Protoform

Post by OmegaPrime634 »

And that brings up another question: is the two-pack still in stores or am I a year too late? And is it true that it is a CostCo exclisive?
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Probably not in stores, any longer, sadly, but might be less expensive to snag.
Peale
Protoform

Post by Peale »

Originally posted by RID Scourge
It's hard to say. They're not truly great molds, but since they've been off the market for a few years, the best thing to do is see how much they go for, on ebay.

I was always quite impressed with it. Not so much Ultra Magnus, but OP was nice. The combined two is always cool looking, though they don't like to stay together easily. He's still on the top of my desk, nearly what...five years later?
OmegaPrime634
Protoform

Post by OmegaPrime634 »

And that's why I'm trying to buy them. If only I knew when they were in stores/CostCo, I would have gotten the Cybertron re-release then, but NO, none of the transformers sites acknowledged when it was out :( At least my brother is an eBay wiz :) He won a bid on Unicron, now maybe hw can win one on these two.

I know the Cybertron 2-pack originally sold for 29.99, which is an inccredible bargain. I'm still going to check the CostCo by me in case they still have one. I can probably get a fair deal on eBay for this 2-pack (not as good as the original price, of course, but still less than the R.I.D. release)

I have one more question: Does anyone know when the 2-pack was released in America? (Preferably both the year AND month) This may help determine whether another, less close, CostCo might have it where my "local" one does not.
chiasaur11
Protoform

Post by chiasaur11 »

The Costco two pack came out in '05, around christmas for 40 bucks. Not bad figures, all in all.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Peale
I was always quite impressed with it. Not so much Ultra Magnus, but OP was nice. The combined two is always cool looking, though they don't like to stay together easily. He's still on the top of my desk, nearly what...five years later?

Ah. I think the combined mode looks decent for display, but of them all, the only one I really liked for play was Prime's cab. The larger mode makes it harder to play with, without parts coming off.

Might even be a good idea to snag loose, complete lots. Those'll be cheaper than the MISB items. :up:
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

I found my RiD Ultra Magnus in Target a few months for for $0.36AU. So. Yeah. That's probably not a standard, or useful price.
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
lars573
Protoform

Post by lars573 »

I got RiD Prime in box for $25 USD around April this year. But he has a split front wheel. And the guy priced him to sell. Magnus I usually see for $40-$50 USD.
OmegaPrime634
Protoform

Post by OmegaPrime634 »

So that means aim for $40 or less, basically (to not go over the original prices) I saw a R.I.D. Optimus Prime sell for $20 something dollars with $10 shipping or so. And I do have my eyes open for any possible good deals.