[CUSTOM] Custom Magnus / Ultra Magnus

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
frenzy_rumble
Protoform

Custom Magnus / Ultra Magnus

Post by frenzy_rumble »

NOW ON EBAY!

This was my submission to the Vector Tribute over at TFW2005 boards. As usual, check out my blogger (click sig banner) to see more and larger pics)

Anway, here he is....

Alt Mode 1

Alt Mode 2

Alt Mode 3

Magnus Pose 1

Magnus Pose 2

Magnus Pose 3

Ultra Magnus Pose 1

Ultra Magnus Pose 2

Ultra Magnus Pose 3

Ultra Magnus Pose 4

PAINT APPLICATION:
Anyway, he's basically made from a LDR class prime, removed and replaced all the red/yellow with dark metallic blue, silver or white.
He was painted 100% with enamels, you can see how nice enamel metallics come out. The white is a extremely high gloss finish, and smooth as a new car surface, it was even polished with wax.

All the silver metallic parts were quite simple. I started with a coat of flat black fusion as my base coat. Then generously drybrushed gunship gray over that (a dark gray, about 70% black) That was followed by a drybrush of a neutral gray (about 50% black) and then highlighted (very very light dry brush) of plain silver....oh, then highlighted again, to emphasize the highlights.

The blue was 'olds ford blue' i believe, and I mixed in about 1:10 metallic red into that (it's really a deep deep purple)

All the truck mode chrome was airbrushed with Alclad.

For the armor, I base coated those with fusion red pepper, then put on a few coats of Krylon metallic red. (forgot actual name but it was X-metal or something random like that) Drybrushed some silver on the edges (to give the metal a worn look) and then coated with Testors pearl finish, then gloss finish)

The autobot symbol on the hood was stenciled from some 3M vinyl (I have this EPS file if anyone would like it, it has a variety of autobot symbols on the sheet and should cost a few bucks to make at a local sign shop...tutorial to come)

ACCESSORIES:
I replaced the smokestacks with the same technique I wrote about in a tutorial a while back, but this time, cut the tops on a slight angle to look more like a big rig.

The should missle launchers were from Primus, dremeled to fit. I made ½ inch holes on the interiors, which I glued in and plugged with those ZOID rubber thingys. These guys are so versitile. The ball joint fits tight and snug in the zoid socket.

The gun was from a GI JOE sigma six Joe Duke figure. it winds up and the barrels move in and out.

The forearm armor is left over kibble from my devastator custom. They come from Unicron's feet (i think the back heel part) they snap onto the forearms of Magnus, and are held in place with tiny magnets (they aren't moving)

The leg armor is from Armada Optimus's trailer (the top part) they were dremeled and fitted with a hinging latch that snaps onto a magnet on the outside of the leg. The armor is also magneticallty held by the knee pad (small metal on the autobot symbol)

The chest plate was made from payload's neck and collar part. I took off the cyclops head. This part is held on by a magnet and click

The waist armor is from the ever-so-versitile neo-shifter kit, just a random peice, and has 2 bling jewels on it (costume jewels) this part is also held on by magnet.

The head is from a cement truck transformer knock off. the wings on the sides of the head are from the zoid t-red back scales.
Roadblaster
Protoform

Post by Roadblaster »

That is so cool!!!!!
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Not bad. One question though, what happens to the command armor in vehicle mode?
Soundwave
Protoform

Post by Soundwave »

My lord that is HAWT!!!

I love his big cannons very nice.

makes me wanna do soemthing like this
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

cool i'd change the head
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Starblaster

Post by Starblaster »

That is sweet!:)
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

i think i just deficated myself looking at that Magnus O.O~! you get cookies and ice cream :D
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

The paint on the grille looks a little orange peely, and the white flames look very thick. The overall look of magnus without amour is pretty decent though.
Death Wing
Protoform

Post by Death Wing »

It is pretty cool. Where did the Car carrier part come from? It doesn't transform into anything, does it?
frenzy_rumble
Protoform

Post by frenzy_rumble »

Sonray wrote:The paint on the grille looks a little orange peely, and the white flames look very thick. The overall look of magnus without amour is pretty decent though.
sonray, you said this about a month ago on tfans. I'm glad you need to post your opinion twice, [edit]
Clay

Post by Clay »

Whatever bickering you two have done elsewhere, it was elsewhere, not here.

And it'll stay elsewhere, ok?
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

Clay wrote:Whatever bickering you two have done elsewhere, it was elsewhere, not here.

And it'll stay elsewhere, ok?
That was the idea but....well, sometimes people cant let it go. :smack:
frenzy_rumble
Protoform

Post by frenzy_rumble »

Sonray wrote:That was the idea but....well, sometimes people cant let it go. :smack:
so get the **** off my threads dude.
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

frenzy_rumble wrote:so get the **** off my threads dude.
Responses like that after a mod has told you to stop bickering is always very progressive. :nonono:
frenzy_rumble
Protoform

Post by frenzy_rumble »

Sonray wrote:Responses like that after a mod has told you to stop bickering is always very progressive. :nonono:
you're pushing it sonray. watch it. your flame baiting has done nothing for you but get you banned from 3 boards.

please, for the love of god, finish a repaint with your free time, not make yourself look like a fool. :eyebrow:
Clay

Post by Clay »

Both of you stop arguing, put each other on your respective ignore lists, and be done with it.

Or don't and see what happens. Either way, you're not carrying grudges from other boards in here. :)
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

Already done clay.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Currently he's being polite and constructive, whilst you're flaming. Not everyone's going to be positive about every aspect of a custom, and most people find feedback helpful.

It's a real shame toy companies don't seem to be able to find a cost-effective way of getting the appearance of metal onto figures -- the detail is there on the mould, but doesn't come out without modification.

Lemme guess, you wargame as well?

Classic old-school W40K style stuff there. :)
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

That is not a very professional way of handling feedback on your custom work that you are trying to sale in this very forum. A word of advice for the future would be to handle yourself a little better when someone gives you criticism of any kind on your work. I know that I personally would not want to buy from a seller who treats criticism in such a way.
Death Wing
Protoform

Post by Death Wing »

Did U recieve my reply from http://www.allspark.com Via email, To answer your Pm Message.