Post your collection

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I love that the designers embraced the wackiness with the BW stuff. I've always figured that the Kenner staff who were running the line didn't know enough about Transformers to know how they were "supposed" to be designed, which led to a lot of stuff that was wildly divergent from the Diaclone transformation copycatting that most of the later vehicular lines have indulged in.

If nothing else, Beast Hunters has shown us that a line of beast toys designed by "real" Transformers designers would be very, very boring.
Blackjack wrote:Ouch, the Dinobot! :(
Yep. This is why I'm not transforming Torca. Don't want him to wind up looking like this. :(
Blackjack wrote:What happened to poor Scorponok, too?
Scorpy's been broken since I was a kid. I think I could fix him, if I could find parts. But junker BW toys aren't nearly as common as broken G1s. Lousy modern toy design leading to figures that don't break as much...

Unless I run into a cheap broken Scorponok at a flea market or convention, I suspect that one day I'll just bite the bullet, buy an intact Scorpy who's missing his accessories and give him the missiles and bee from my childhood one.
Inaction Master

Post by Inaction Master »

Those Beast Wars figures just make me even more giddy for Generations Waspinator and Rhinox. I am wracked with anticipation.

Guess it's only fair that I share my "collection" then, yes?

In comparison with some of the pics I've seen thus far my lot seems small. I once tried to go the obsessive route and buy out ever figure I could find in the store during the Armada/Energon days, but that didn't really pan-out, (Still have them in storage, been looking to get rid of them for a while). For a while I swore off toys, but then the bug bit me sometime after RotF when I saw some their Scout class figures. I've taken some other pictures as my number expanded over the last couple of years, but these are more recent pics I took represent it's current state. Excuse the poor picture quality.

Clay

Post by Clay »

Inaction Master wrote:Those Beast Wars figures just make me even more giddy for Generations Waspinator and Rhinox. I am wracked with anticipation.

Guess it's only fair that I share my "collection" then, yes?

In comparison with some of the pics I've seen thus far my lot seems small. I once tried to go the obsessive route and buy out ever figure I could find in the store during the Armada/Energon days, but that didn't really pan-out, (Still have them in storage, been looking to get rid of them for a while). For a while I swore off toys, but then the bug bit me sometime after RotF when I saw some their Scout class figures. I've taken some other pictures as my number expanded over the last couple of years, but these are more recent pics I took represent it's current state. Excuse the poor picture quality.
Armada and Energon, eh? I have a few from that range that I'm looking for. Shoot me a pm with a list.

And just to join in on the fun, here's 80% of my collection right now. The other 20% is in fancy glass display cases, but this picture is funnier.

mastasini
Protoform

Post by mastasini »

http://www.btfa.be/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 1&start=15

here are some updated pictures of my collection
Clay

Post by Clay »

mastasini wrote:http://www.btfa.be/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 1&start=15

here are some updated pictures of my collection
Those shelves with stuff just piled on top of other stuff? That's what mine look like too. :o
mastasini
Protoform

Post by mastasini »

Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

I see some real gems there, oldschool bandai sentai figures along with a rather rare vintage god sigma...

and some gormiti? :lol: that's a photobomb if there ever was one ;)
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

electro girl wrote:my collection is nothing compared to all of yours but here goes

bw polar claw
bw transquito
bw most of ratrap
bw almost all or rhinox
g1 snapdragon
arm blur minus minicon
cyb sound wave (my only cybertron left after thundercracker broke)
cla starscream
cla optimus and megatron twin pack
mov rescue ratchet
mov jungle bonecrusher
mov recon barricade
sw boba fett
sw clone pilot

oh and gi joe irritates me
Hard to believe this was only six years ago. There is no way I could recall my entire collection off the top of my head now.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
calvin_0
Protoform

Post by calvin_0 »

I finished moving all my transformer into their new home, so I decide to take some picture.

It's not much of an army right now, but I'll get there, someday. But one thing for sure, I'll need to install some light into the cabinet if I want to take picture off it..

If you notice, it's currently being dominated by Arcee...

Still missing in my army is

TF Galaxy Force\Cybertron: Chromia \ Thunderblast
Generation: Minicon Assault Team Windsher (cant find it anywhere)
TF Universe: Blackarachnia
Botcon Flamewar (waiting for clearance sale on BBTS)

Probably not going to get because its too expensive or too rare

Botcon Spider-Arcee
TFCC 2014 Transmutate (never showed up in BBTS, too expensive in Ebay)
Botcon Strika (Not going to get the whole set just for one figure, nobody wiling to sell loose)
Botcon Elita One (saw it while visiting japan once, too expensive, so i have to choose between Transmetal 2 Blackarachnia and Botcon Elita One, i choose Blackarachnia)
Attachments
DSC_0062 (Small).jpg
DSC_0047 (Small).jpg
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Possibly want to get Cybertron Override as well?
calvin_0
Protoform

Post by calvin_0 »

Denyer wrote:Possibly want to get Cybertron Override as well?
only for a decent price, Overide isn't a must have in my book because i liked Chromia\Thunderblast more, but i certainly wont mind having her in my army..
calvin_0
Protoform

Post by calvin_0 »

An update for showcasing my collection. will need to install lights on my 2nd cabinet.

List of my army

Beast Wars
-Airazor
-Transmetal Airazor
-Transmetal Airazor Fox Kids ver. (missing robot head T_T)
-Transmetal 2 Blackarachnia (MISB)

Beast Machine
-Blackarachnia
-Strika

Transformer Energon
-Arcee

Transformer Cybertron
-Overide

Transformer Animated
-Arcee
-Blackarachnia

Transformer Universe
-Blackarachnia
-Crystal Widow
-Nemesis Strika

Transformer Generation
-Arcee
-Chromia
-Windblade

Transformer Prime
-First Edition Arcee
-Robot in Disguise Arcee (custom part and painted)
-Robot in Disguise Airachnia
-TFCC Slipstream

Transformer Prime: Beast Hunters
-Ripclaw
-Cyberverse Airachnia

Transformer Go!
-Hunter Arcee

Transformer Legends
-Arcee
-Arcee (MISB)
-Chromia
-Chromia (MISB)
-Windblade
-Windblade (MISB)

Transformer Robot in Disguise (2015)
-Strongarm

Transformer Adventure
-Strongarm

Kreo
-G1 Arcee
-Slipstream

Construct A Bot
-Ripclaw

Missing in my Army

Beast wars Blackarachnia
TF Galaxy Force\Cybertron: Chromia \ Thunderblast
Generation: Minicon Assault Team Windsher (cant find it anywhere)
Botcon Flamewar (waiting for clearance sale on BBTS)
Transformer (2007) Target Fracture
TF Universe: Transmetal Airazor

Low Priority

TF Prime Cyberverse Flamewars
Kreo Blackarachnia
Kreo Airachnia
Kreo TF Prime Arcee

Unobtainable Want list

G1 Headmaster Minerva
Botcon Spider-Arcee
TFCC 2014 Transmutate (never showed up in BBTS, too expensive in Ebay)
Botcon Strika (Not going to get the whole set just for one figure, nobody wiling to sell loose)
Botcon Elita One (saw it while visiting japan once, too expensive, so i have to choose between Transmetal 2 Blackarachnia and Botcon Elita One, i choose Blackarachnia)
TFCC Chromia 10\Airazor
Botcon 2005 Flamewar
Attachments
DSC_0077 (Small).jpg
DSC_0081 (Small).jpg
numbat

Post by numbat »

I've been in my new house for a year and a half now, and the Transformers display in the study remains a work in progress. Still, it's a very satisfying work in progress...

I'll need to think about how to get Primus out. That would be perfection.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Clay wrote:And just to join in on the fun, here's 80% of my collection right now. The other 20% is in fancy glass display cases, but this picture is funnier.
Yup - that's like the majority of my collection except mine is in a little cupboard by the spare water tank, and one of my cats has a habit of getting trapped in a corner behind the boxes with TFTM Leader Megatron...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

numbat wrote:I've been in my new house for a year and a half now, and the Transformers display in the study remains a work in progress. Still, it's a very satisfying work in progress...

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg27 ... GP8181.jpg

I'll need to think about how to get Primus out. That would be perfection.
Unicron turned to the left, arms out like a zombie and Primus in planet mode in the compartment next to it?

Not quite my thing, but the colours really do pop on cartoon-scheme releases like that, Magnus and Smokescreen.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Denyer wrote:Not quite my thing, but the colours really do pop on cartoon-scheme releases like that, Magnus and Smokescreen.
I really love the cartoon accurate versions - the colours are pretty vibrant and, after all, that's how I remember the characters, along with comics.

Smokescreen's had a lot of negativity, but I think he's just ace!

Also items on eBay.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I caved on the dirt-cheap KOs of Smokescreen and Alert, so if they aren't imaginary and don't disintegrate or anything I'll find out...

Bumblebee looks tiny compares to everything else. Think I'm going to enjoy the gold version for that as much as anything. Doubtful it'll replace Bii on a shelf though.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Like your pics, numbat---our display styles are very, very similar [ie, a couple of figures per shelf, focus on the individual rather than the group].

Will update with my pics this weekend. Though I frequently re-arrange them trying to make up current comics team ups :lol:
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Denyer wrote:I caved on the dirt-cheap KOs of Smokescreen and Alert, so if they aren't imaginary and don't disintegrate or anything I'll find out...
The official Red Alert looks great, but I figured one version of the mould was enough for me and I always wanted a Sideswipe as a kid... I do have two versions of the Datsun though, and soon to be three when blue Bluestreak arrives - it's a great mould and the different versions are sufficiently varied. I hate Prowl as a character though...
Denyer wrote:Bumblebee looks tiny compares to everything else. Think I'm going to enjoy the gold version for that as much as anything. Doubtful it'll replace Bii on a shelf though.
Yup, MP Bumblebee is tiny. But he's one of my favourites too - so well designed! Great fun! (The Spike in Exo-Suit is crap though.)
Knightdramon wrote:Like your pics, numbat---our display styles are very, very similar [ie, a couple of figures per shelf, focus on the individual rather than the group].

Will update with my pics this weekend. Though I frequently re-arrange them trying to make up current comics team ups :lol:
Yeah, I try not to have things too busy and do a bit of rotation. I do like displaying teams and groups sometimes though (e.g. Classics Coneheads, Classics-style Wreckers etc), but the styles aren't as acceptable to my wife so they don't tend to be out as much on display. Instead I tend to have some of them (or Prime or Movie line figures or, as is the case just now, Legends/Legion Seekers and Abominus) on my desk to play around with, on rotation.

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

With a bit of thinking I have managed to adjust the shelving and display to accommodate Primus as well now (I originally had him holding the severed Unicron head but it just didn't work, as there it was bright yellow while Unicron is standing right next to him in orange...). May need a bit of thought for poses and arrangements, but I think it works still without being overly cluttered.

I've also replaced the Legends/Legion Seekers and Abominus on my desk with Hybrid Style Galaxy Convoy (such a great figure!) and United Blurr (also very awesome - poses nicely on one foot mid-dash).

And as to the rest? Here they are in the cupboard by the water tank...

Also items on eBay.