Animated Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Summerhayes
Articles: 0

Post by Summerhayes » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:48 pm

I've only got bumblebee so far (buying transformers is always hard right before jesus day) but I really like him. The animated toys nicely capture the show, which I would have thought impossible when I saw them on screen. Very nice overall

Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:08 am

I got Swoop today. He's surprisingly hard for a transformation as simple as his is. Pegging the wings and beak to the body in robot mode are a real pain. But his Dino and robot modes do look impressive! Unfortunately, the chain for his weapon, like Oil Slick's, is a bit too short.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!

Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:00 am

Got Leader Megatron!

Great Figure... simple transformation, big gun that give's me hell trying to load it, and the "Laugh"!
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.

Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:28 pm

Lugnut is a bit short, but is very close to the character model in either mode. The tail doesn't lock as securely as I'd like, and it's very awkward to try posing him in preparation of "The Punch of Kill All", but he's plenty articulate enough to grovel at the feet of his "Great and GLORIOUS leader", Megatron.;)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!

Gouki

Post by Gouki » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:38 pm

So... I can be a bit slow sometimes, but having decided to watch Akira while drunk, I never noticed the similarites between Prowl and Tetsuo's bike.
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"

Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:14 pm

I got Animated Leader Megs early, and he is AWESOME. The fusion cannon is a dream (despite occasional TM2 Iguanus worthy hair trigger missile launching) and the swords are win. The vehicle mode is awesome, resembling an AH-1 Cobra combined with an Osprey and wielding a fusion cannon. The only thing I dislike is the fact that the fusion cannon is stuck to that giant chunk of kibble, which reduces articulation somewhat...
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.

Ackula

Post by Ackula » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:47 am

I recently got several of the new Animated figures, thanks to gift cards, and I have to vent here now. Shockwave/Longarm is really rubbish isn't he? His bot modes are both really cool, especially Shockwave, but the alt modes are absolute shit. They are essentiall the same thing, just with a slight difference in placement of the treads/feet and slight change in the turret/crane arm. I'm really disappointed with this figure. Again, his bot mode is great, but essentially he is just an action master.

Swoop, Ultra Magnus, and Oilslick however are all very awesome. I think I'm most impressed with Oilslick because I opted to pass on him when he first came out as he is not actually in the show. I'm glad I decided to get him for completist reasons, he really is a fantastic figure, great articulation and alt mode.

Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:11 pm

Ackula wrote:I recently got several of the new Animated figures, thanks to gift cards, and I have to vent here now. Shockwave/Longarm is really rubbish isn't he? His bot modes are both really cool, especially Shockwave, but the alt modes are absolute shit. They are essentiall the same thing, just with a slight difference in placement of the treads/feet and slight change in the turret/crane arm. I'm really disappointed with this figure. Again, his bot mode is great, but essentially he is just an action master.

Swoop, Ultra Magnus, and Oilslick however are all very awesome. I think I'm most impressed with Oilslick because I opted to pass on him when he first came out as he is not actually in the show. I'm glad I decided to get him for completist reasons, he really is a fantastic figure, great articulation and alt mode.
I'm still fiddling with Shockwave, but so far I agree with you. His robot modes are both fantastic, yet both his alt modes are a jumbled mess.

And Oil Slick is wonderful. The best in the line so far, IMO.

Gouki

Post by Gouki » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:03 pm

Jetfire and Jetstorm aren't as bad as I thought they'd be. The combined jet mode is crap. I have to make that clear right from the start. It is crap and a very big after thought. The individual jet modes however are pretty decent. Nothing amazing.

These two shine in robot modes. Combined and regular. Individually, they look a litle small and plain but I like that. They've got good poseability, and personality. Safeguard is a bit touchy and floppy at first, until you know how to handle him. He's great fun to pose, and looks very dynamic. It's a pretty interesting Transformation sceheme too. And the colour choices are fantastic, when they are combined and seperated.

So there are a few bugs, he doesn't click together perfectly as Safeguard and can fall to bits if you're not careful but I would love to see more of this kind of combiner.

"The Birth of Jetfire and Jetstorm" is a pretty good read too. Shows how strong they are, and explains why these two don't need guns or anything.

Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:40 pm

Gouki wrote:Jetfire and Jetstorm aren't as bad as I thought they'd be. The combined jet mode is crap. I have to make that clear right from the start. It is crap and a very big after thought. The individual jet modes however are pretty decent. Nothing amazing.

These two shine in robot modes. Combined and regular. Individually, they look a litle small and plain but I like that. They've got good poseability, and personality. Safeguard is a bit touchy and floppy at first, until you know how to handle him. He's great fun to pose, and looks very dynamic. It's a pretty interesting Transformation sceheme too. And the colour choices are fantastic, when they are combined and seperated.

So there are a few bugs, he doesn't click together perfectly as Safeguard and can fall to bits if you're not careful but I would love to see more of this kind of combiner.

"The Birth of Jetfire and Jetstorm" is a pretty good read too. Shows how strong they are, and explains why these two don't need guns or anything.
I envy you so much...

God damn it, your release date is December 2008, come out here already! :D
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.

Gouki

Post by Gouki » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:29 am

Sunstreaker2 wrote:I envy you so much...

He's punching Starscream on my desk right now.

At least, I think it's punching. Out of hate.

It's just... his crotch doesn't stay combined properly.

RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:49 am

Grabbed Oil Slick while I was in Philly. He's got a really sweet robot mode and alt mode. Keep thinking how he'd make a great remold as Beast Machines Thrust. One problem though--HE'S A DAMN, DIRTY DRUNK!

Look at him! He's double-fisting! That pig!

:p

Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:38 am

Sunstreaker2 wrote:I envy you so much...

Some of us in Australia haven't seen it yet...Don't hold your breath.

FYI, Oil Slicks Barrel contain Chemicals, so he's basically....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gouki

Post by Gouki » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:57 am

Treadshot A1 wrote:Some of us in Australia haven't seen it yet...Don't hold your breath.
It's at K-Mart, Target and Toy Kingdom. I've seen it everywhere. But then, the other states sometimes struggle to be as good a Victoria.

Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:13 am

Now that is annoying. No sightings yet. Wonder why?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:20 am

I got good old Shockers today. WHAT A TOY. Articulated, MASSIVE in Shockwave mode, armed to the teeth, what's not to like?

Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:16 am

Sunstreaker2 wrote: what's not to like?
The con symbol on the cannon, that's what.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:39 am

Treadshot A1 wrote:The con symbol on the cannon, that's what.
Yeah, working on that...Rubbing alcohol didn't do a thing, and I'm afraid to use acetone...

Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:41 am

I read on teh wiki that acetone will dissolve the paint, but the only slight downside is the fact it will damage/disintegrate/destroy the plastic...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:42 am

Treadshot A1 wrote:I read on teh wiki that acetone will dissolve the paint, but the only slight downside is the fact it will damage/disintegrate/destroy the plastic...
Yep, acetone has a nasty habit of eating through plastic.

Maybe non-acetone nail polish remover will do the job...