TF Universe Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Burnout wrote:I noticed First Aid, Blades, and Hot Spot were released...so is there a chance at seeing a Groove and Streetwise repaints for Universe? what molds do you think would be used? Then someone can kitbash a custom Universe Defensor ;D
Where did you hear about Hot Spot and First Aid?
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Tramp wrote:Where did you hear about Hot Spot and First Aid?
There's Titanium Hot Zone, maybe Burnout's referring to that. And he/she may be confusing First Aid for Universe Ratchet...
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Detective Barricade wrote:There's Titanium Hot Zone, maybe Burnout's referring to that. And he/she may be confusing First Aid for Universe Ratchet...
I know about the Titanium Hot Zone (aka Hot Spot), but I know I have never heard anything about a new Universe First Aid coming out.
Burnout
Protoform

Post by Burnout »

Tramp wrote:Where did you hear about Hot Spot and First Aid?
Isnt there a Blue Repaint of the new Voyager Inferno? and there is a fire chief repaint of Universe Deluxe Sunstreaker/Sideswipe mold...
"BugBite...Do you ever get the feeling like you dont belong here? You know, Like someone just stuck you in a box and sold your soul for a crapload of cash?"
Burnout
Protoform

Post by Burnout »

Burnout wrote:Isnt there a Blue Repaint of the new Voyager Inferno? and there is a fire chief repaint of Universe Deluxe Sunstreaker/Sideswipe mold...
Ok, it wasn't First Aid I meant... I get the names confused, I also have this pic of most of the classicsverse characters ready to do battle and they are in the Arctic with classics Devastator reaching out of the water at Sideswipe and Sunstreaker. whoever drew the pic had used Inferno as to what I assume would be Hot Spot and the "Fire chief" Sunstreaker is there as Ive also seen him in stores and online.
"BugBite...Do you ever get the feeling like you dont belong here? You know, Like someone just stuck you in a box and sold your soul for a crapload of cash?"
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Burnout wrote:Isnt there a Blue Repaint of the new Voyager Inferno?
Unfortunately not yet. It's something I "MUST OWN!!!" if they actually do make it (and I've been going on about that since Inferno was released so I can see how someone might catch a quick glance of that and think it was news of an upcoming figure), but they haven't yet.
and there is a fire chief repaint of Universe Deluxe Sunstreaker/Sideswipe mold...
Henkei [Red] Alert
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Burnout wrote:Isnt there a Blue Repaint of the new Voyager Inferno? and there is a fire chief repaint of Universe Deluxe Sunstreaker/Sideswipe mold...
RID Scourge wrote:Unfortunately not yet. It's something I "MUST OWN!!!" if they actually do make it (and I've been going on about that since Inferno was released so I can see how someone might catch a quick glance of that and think it was news of an upcoming figure), but they haven't yet.

Henkei [Red] Alert
RID Scourge is correct. the Sideswipe repaint is Red Alert, and he's only available in the Takara Henkei line, not the Universe/Classics 2.0 line.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

I spotted Titanium series Optimus Prime, Thrust and Hot Zone (blue repaint of RID Prime) at Target over the weekend. Each was a Target exclusive $20.99 with the 25 years Transformers series label as well.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Titanium Hot Zone-I really like this release. Only my second Titanium. The other one is SDCC Menasor which I got on clearance. Hot Spot was one of the first tfs I got, and this is a perfect update. Also reminds me of the unproduced Botcon exclusive some years back when 3-H still ran the con.
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

The only gripe i've really had the classics 2.0 line are some figure's paint apps are bad, especially Prowl's.
Detective Barricade

Superion belongs here. Superion is actually pretty neat when assembled. How the manufacturers missed having Silverbolt's knees backwards, I'll never know. The limbs themselves are great, especially Fire Flight and Skydive! (the A-10ish ones) The other two are plagued with spectacularly bad weapons that stink as either 'hands' or 'feet'. Definitely gotta get the add-on kit from FansProject.

Uh, does anyone know what store Bruticus (Maximus) is exclusive to?:confused:
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Detective Barricade wrote:Superion belongs here. Superion is actually pretty neat when assembled. How the manufacturers missed having Silverbolt's knees backwards, I'll never know. The limbs themselves are great, especially Fire Flight and Skydive! (the A-10ish ones) The other two are plagued with spectacularly bad weapons that stink as either 'hands' or 'feet'. Definitely gotta get the add-on kit from FansProject.

I believe Bruticus is a Target exclusive just like Superion. However, I was at a Target the other day and they had roughly 10 Superions but no Bruticus.
Detective Barricade

Yeah, I checked Cybertron.ca the other day and they seemed to confirm Bruticus as a Target/Zellers exclusive, but he seems to have yet to be released...

Of course, I'm still scratching my head over why these two are shunted into ROTF in North America at least while some other countries have them under Universe 25th Anniversary...

Oddly, I like Silverbolt/Superion's chest, despite it not tabbing in worth anything.:swirly:
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Finally got some time to mess around with Tread Bolt. He's a pretty nice figure (not that I didn't have Classics Jetfire already, but hey). The mould itself is great, and there's enough things that you can change to make him look different than Jetfire. I wasn't sure about the color scheme at first; blue & gold like the Blue Angels, then black, gray, and brown as accents. Not exactly aesthetically pleasing on paper, but it comes off quite well.

I'd recommend him to anyone who doesn't have him (that is if you have extra money, at full retail price I would recommend trying to find a cheap Jetfire instead as Tread Bolt isn't a well known character at all) and if you can find him cheap like I did ($10 on clearance!) then he's a nice TF to have!
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

One more gripe I would like to add is Galvatron's size. It makes no since the Classics Megatron is far larger than Galvatron. The mold has other minor problems but this is the most glaring, Cyclonus should not be taller than Galvatron either imo.
Lonewyrm
Protoform

Post by Lonewyrm »

The Doctor wrote:One more gripe I would like to add is Galvatron's size. It makes no since the Classics Megatron is far larger than Galvatron.
I think that might be Voyager Megatron that's bigger, the gun? Deluxe Megatron is much of a muchness with Galvatron
Detective Barricade

I've finally gotten my hands on Universe Inferno. He's a very nice fire engine with excellent detailing. The transformation is easy and interesting, mostly folding panels over on themselves. The robot is blocky yet very pose-able. Simply the one Universe Voyager you have to get!:up:
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Raze
Protoform

Post by Raze »

Detective Barricade wrote:Superion belongs here. Superion is actually pretty neat when assembled. How the manufacturers missed having Silverbolt's knees backwards, I'll never know. The limbs themselves are great, especially Fire Flight and Skydive! (the A-10ish ones) The other two are plagued with spectacularly bad weapons that stink as either 'hands' or 'feet'. Definitely gotta get the add-on kit from FansProject.

I'm tempted by Superion with the Fans Project kit but would like to read some more comments on both. The Superion review on here was helpful but at the time of reading the Fans Project kit wasn't out and I was put off by what were supposed to be hands. I'm more intrigued now though.

Edit: Have now ordered Superion for £29 and the add on kit separately.
Wanted Used or New -
Henkei Classics Dirge, Thrust. Universe Hound (Ravage not needed)
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Thought I'd dredge up this old thread from the bottom of the forum river...

Having recently acquired Uni SE Overkill, some thoughts:

Nice figure, and I recommend him to anyone with a classics collection. The Grimlock mould is incredibly cool, and there aren't very many recent TF's that transform into dinosaurs. The paint apps are really nice though some people might think he's bland. I think he sticks out quite well in my Classics/Universe collection as the paint job is really unique. Joints are all tight, too! Plus, he's got a really cool bio:

Formerly bound to Soundwave as a partner and slave, Overkill was often overlooked by enemy and ally alike. Recently, however, he has overcome his diminutive size, reinstalling his cerebro-circuitry in a larger, more dangerous body. Now, he is free to indulge his destructive whims, stomping cars flat, snapping tractors trailers in half with his jaws, and being generally terrifying.

And he looks really cool next to Uni Rat Bat, Ravage, and Cyb Soundwave & Laserbeak!
kupimus aka(clocker)
Protoform

Post by kupimus aka(clocker) »

i like all the universe toys, but i dont see why they couldnt make more fan favs like nightbeat, bludgeon,shockwave, wheeljack, jazz, maybe even a carnivac would be nice. (and i would like a re-issue of the likes of countdown and groundshaker)
Let this be thy final lesson monster, no man is e'er defeated till his last breath is drawn! And e'en THEN, 'tis most unwise for the victor to assume the battle is ended, for with god and man, a war is ne'er over till the ultimate wrong is set aright and the final villain is DONE!