POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Be schocked, be feared.... Wave 2 has landed in Holland!!! This means, apart from being even more expensive, now 24 bucks or something for a deluxe when you calculate(!) I finally bought something that was cheaper, and I must say he didn't dissapoint me: Depthcharge! His plastic may feel a bit cheap, but that's because it's so thin. Once I learn how, I might repaint him into something with more awesome colors.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

bowspearer wrote:They say a picture says a thousand words, so here goes:

Image (yes it's MISB for anyone wondering)
Jesus Christ that thing is fugly. I hope you didn't pay over $10 for it. The Starscream repaint looks a shit load better, and I got one for $5 (MISB in case anyone is wondering) on eBay last year.
bowspearer

Post by bowspearer »

Ackula wrote:Jesus Christ that thing is fugly. I hope you didn't pay over $10 for it. The Starscream repaint looks a shit load better, and I got one for $5 (MISB in case anyone is wondering) on eBay last year.
Starscream isn't just a repaint, it's a stripped down retool (complete butchery to be exact along with all the other larger MW toys), missing the supersight gimmick and missile launchers- the very things that make that figure cool. I have no doubt you got MW Screamer so cheaply- at the time he was out, the MW stuff became such bad shelfwarmers that they were selling them for half price and that's after they bundled the large and medium butcheries of Predators and Turbomasters in 2-packs.

I paid $250 for it which considering what the Euro G1 stuff goes for these days, was a pretty fair price considering what Euro stuff goes for.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Ah, well you have me there don't you? Mine has bombs that drop out when I turn a dial, and a neat scope thingy that lets me see the cat on the ground to aim the bombs at him. I guess you got one up on me there though what with the missile launcher and all, I suppose if you ripped that ugly thing out of the package and spray painted it black then it might actually be better than my Starscream. I'd use a high gloss black spray paint though. You may even be able to get the Starscream stickers from reprolabels, now that would be a sight to see! Good luck ;)
bowspearer

Post by bowspearer »

Ackula wrote:Ah, well you have me there don't you? Mine has bombs that drop out when I turn a dial, and a neat scope thingy that lets me see the cat on the ground to aim the bombs at him. I guess you got one up on me there though what with the missile launcher and all, I suppose if you ripped that ugly thing out of the package and spray painted it black then it might actually be better than my Starscream. I'd use a high gloss black spray paint though. You may even be able to get the Starscream stickers from reprolabels, now that would be a sight to see! Good luck ;)
Actually I do, I'm not talking about the bomb bay doors, I'm talking about the handheld missile launcher that fires missiles about 3m and was so powerful that it had to be removed for it to be sold in the States when it was stripped down and recoloured because the toy failed to pass US child safety laws.

Also, yes you can see through the scope, but the gimmick has still been gutted. No slide and the docking ports are too small to make it dock with the small Predator jets. Colour scheme aside, your MW Starscream, (just like my MW Starscream and every other medium and large Machine Wars) is a stripped down butchery that loses every single gimmick that made the Predators and Turbomasters so brilliant to begin with.

Plus the Euro stuff is so much rarer than the MW stuff which can be picked up anywhere, which is I guess why this was such a bargain when the going rate on them is usually around the $400 mark ;)
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

To each their own, but I still wouldn't pay over $30 maximum. Its still an ugly toy, and my guess is that you aren't even going to open it to play with it at all, so paying $245 more than I paid for Starscream for the extra gimmicks becomes totally asinine to be honest. However I may be totally wrong, and would love to see some side by side comparison pictures of it and MW Starscream to point out these differences you are talking about.
bowspearer

Post by bowspearer »

Ackula wrote:To each their own, but I still wouldn't pay over $30 maximum. Its still an ugly toy, and my guess is that you aren't even going to open it to play with it at all, so paying $245 more than I paid for Starscream for the extra gimmicks becomes totally asinine to be honest. However I may be totally wrong, and would love to see some side by side comparison pictures of it and MW Starscream to point out these differences you are talking about.
Ok here goes, including turbomaster reviews for people with MW Prime and Sandstorm (gotta love youtube at times like this):

Youtube review of the Small Predators (handheld launchers shown and fired): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opU5Gxk38mk

Youtube review of Stalker and Skyquake:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuCyN9gcy0o&feature=fvsr

Youtube review of Small Turbomasters and Rotorstorm:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk6IMZmA3J0

Youtube review of Thunderclash:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5S8kr2pel0
Clay

Post by Clay »

Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Now Clay's picture is worth a thousand words. Well really only one word, but you know... whatever ;)
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Ah Ogre... good stuff. Forgot to mention as part of my berfday gifts from my wife, she surprised me with a ROTF Legends Starscream. Nice little figure! I used to have the 2007 Movie Legends Starscream, but I much prefer this ones paint apps. Something about the tattoos that just seem cool...
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Well as I've already stated in another topic I got my TRU Commemorative Perceptor in the mail today! and it came right before I had to go to class too!
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Never in my life has visited the Walmart stores so many and so often like this, but I finally found MP Skywarp. Clay's pictures explains everything.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

I am waiting for it. I am hoping the $60 price tag will keep other people's mitts off of it!

I have yet to see one, but when I do, he will be mine. I think after that, I'll order a Grimlock, but from what I have read, he is very small compared to expectations.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

I bought legends class Optimus at TRU yesterday just for the sole sake of being size accurate to Voyager Demolisher.

I'm still seeking Masterpiece Skywarop constantly. I've been to walmart about 4 or 5 times this week. But all they have are Deluxe Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Chromia, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, Wheelie, and... what am I missing? Ah yes, Wheelie.

That little dry-humping robot is mocking me I tell you!:smack: I can hear his voice saying in my head, "Thank you Zac! But our Skywarp is in another Walmart!

EDIT: This describes my torment.:deadhorse:
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

I got Skywarp last week, and this week I got Dune Runner and Ejector.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Clay

Post by Clay »

I found the Insecticon reissue today.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Bought ROTF Dune Runner and Ransack last Sunday and surprinsingly found MP Skywarp or Thundercracker at a Toyworld in Frankston.
Destruction is my specialty
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

The City Commander add-on kit I ordered from BBTS shipped yesterday. Looking forward to that.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Found Skywarp! Yay. His cockpit is not as orange as it should be. Dang it! Still rocks. I skipped on Starscream a few years ago, and really I could care less about picking him up.

I think next on my agenda is MP Grimlock, maybe someone wants to sell or trade :)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

KO Alternator Grimlock, because I wanted something to pose opposite Shockers, and the Micromaster Rescue Patrol.