POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Voyager Deep Space Starscream. Incredibly awesome handless silver monkey to jet fighter on top of a pile of bricks in seconds. Tasty.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

ARCEE!!!!!!!
FortressMaximus
Protoform

Post by FortressMaximus »

Finally bought all the separate pieces needed to complete my G1 Overlord! Also recieved the Knight Morpher Commander. Comparasion pics with my custom HOS Prime figure:

Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Nice. I believe the Metroplex missles are the same missiles for Overlord. I'm still looking for Overlord myself. :*(
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I finally got ROTF Breakaway last weekend, and am now considering getting ROTF Mindwipe.
Can anyone give me any advice on whether he's worth it or not?

Also, Fort Max, can you tell me what the Knight Morpher Commander is from?
Destruction is my specialty
borg72

Post by borg72 »

HeavyArms wrote:
http://www.tfarchive.com/comics/idw/gui ... rtsofsteel

ok, he wasn't actually in it at all, but there was some concept art drawn up that was in the back of the TPB, I think.

this was the ONLY image art produced, so to produce an accurate toy from this is actually quite impressive
FortressMaximus
Protoform

Post by FortressMaximus »

HeavyArms wrote:I finally got ROTF Breakaway last weekend, and am now considering getting ROTF Mindwipe.
Can anyone give me any advice on whether he's worth it or not?

He is suppose to be based off of the Hearts of Steel comic series. I wish Hasbro would have picked up making toy figures from this line.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Halfshell wrote:Is that my old one?
Actually, no. I gave Tom my old one and kept the one you sent me because it's special like that. Yes, I can keep them straight. :o
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Mindwipe is not bad actually. I like Defender Optimus Prime as well. Not overly articulated, but he has a nice stealth jet mode. The drop down daggers are a bit cumbersome, but overall, not a bad figure.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Clay wrote:Actually, no. I gave Tom my old one and kept the one you sent me because it's special like that. Yes, I can keep them straight. :o
Yay. :)
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

The Armada Starscream I ordered came in.

I happen to love Armada toys, I must be whacked out in the mind.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Just recived a complete Defensor set in the mail today. Not bad, it is my first G1 combiner. What other good G1 combiners besides Predaking are there?
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

Picked up ROTF Bludgeon today. The good, voyager one. Not the repaint one. Great figure, my major problem with it is the sword and dagger plastic is far to soft.
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

wolfbolt86 wrote:Just recived a complete Defensor set in the mail today. Not bad, it is my first G1 combiner. What other good G1 combiners besides Predaking are there?
Check out the Micromaster ones. Lots of chibi fun.

Another easy one to pick up is RID Bruticus/Ruination or the Encore Bruticus.

I just bought the BW Neo God Neptune (Seacons repaint) and BW Magnaboss.

My favorites include Devastator, Bruticus, and most of the Micromaster ones.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

wolfbolt86 wrote:Just recived a complete Defensor set in the mail today. Not bad, it is my first G1 combiner. What other good G1 combiners besides Predaking are there?
Let's see... I'll just rate 'em and let you pick and choose.

G1 Devastator - The original, and most varied combiner, really. Devastator is extremely kibble-heavy, though, and lots of little pieces. Definately a nostalgia piece.

G1 Superion - The Aerialbots have long been fan favorites, but the excecution of the toys are a little limited. The limbs are very samey, and Silverbolt doesn't quite pull off being the center body. Very lanky legs, and the waist is usually very loose.

G1 Defensor - Overall a solid figure, though Groove is a pretty iffy member. Gets a few points for having Defensor's head built in, a novelty in G1 combiners!

G1 Menasor - As much as I like the Stunts, the toys aren't exactly that great. Very basic transformations that result in iffy robot modes, and a brick like Menasor that's tiny compared to his rivals.

G1 Bruticus - Of the 'Scramble Combiners', this one is definately the best. Some of the individual robot limbs are iffy, but the toy scheme and colors really make Bruticus a stand-out piece. A must-have if you're doing G1.

G1 Predaking - Need someone to beat up your Dinobots, Predaking's waiting. A very nice figure, but very hefty in price and size. Robot modes individually are a little weak when compared to other figures of the 'movie year', but not bad at all.

G1 Computron - A fan favorite, but not one of mine. The unified color scheme makes Computron look pretty good, but the individual robots are iffy, and Scattershot is a bit of a joke. The combined mode is only marginally taller than Scattershot alone!

G1 Abominus - Monsters! Actually, I never liked Abominus, despite his novelty factor. The beast modes individually are bizzare, with limbs everywhere regardless of mode. The combined form is interesting, but not great. Fortunately, he's one of the easier ones to pick up.

G1 Piranacon - The final 'Scramble Combiner', with the added novelty of adding a gun mode to the little robots. Snap Trap is a cool figure along (with pom-pom gun turtle action!) Suffers from some of the same problems as Abominus, but the unifying color scheme really saves the set.

Those are all the domestic (US/UK) release combiners.. there are a number of Japanese market ones from later G1 as well.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Forgot the one I'm always forgetting...

G1 Monstructor - If you like your combiner giants tiny, this is the guy for you. Truth be told, I never liked this guy. All six components are soft-rubber pretenders, so all suffer from degredation by this time for thier shells. Individual figures are pretty much crap, though the combined mode is fairly decent... really, though, just not worth the trouble to get in decent shape.

Okay, the late G1/Japanese combiners.

G1 Raiden - From Headmasters, this is the last 'Diaclone' figure to see release. The trainbots are simple and bricky, but Raiden himself has a bit of a certain elegance for his robot mode. This figure was widely available in Japan so it's not too hard to get a complete one if you're willing to spend import nostalgia prices.

G1 Liokaiser - If you're wanting Japanese figures, this one is a must-have. Liokaiser is a bit of a weird combination of three land-based vehicles and three jets, all with 'breastforce' partners. But the robot modes are fairly solid, and the combined form is nearly kibble free. Way ahead of its time, in terms of design.

G1 Landcross - This one's a bit odd. It's got some plusses, with six robots that can 'powerlink' (two robots to one super-robot) then all six combining to Landcross. Decent combined mode, lots of playability, but limb-issues for all the vehicle modes.

G1 Road Ceasar - Sucks. Yeah, simple as that. Three very blocky car modes with a not-very-elegant 'brainmaster' gimmick. Combined mode is pretty rediculous as wel. Give this one a miss.

G1 Dinoking - This is the Japanese version of Monstructor, with new shells for the individual figures and new colors. The shells are much better, making this actually a little easier to find in good shape. Not really worth it, in my opinion, but has some charm with the characters in Victory.

G1 Guard City - Defensor recolor. If you have Defensor, may not be worth going for this one. This color scheme is also the basis of numerous knock-off toys, so it's hard to find a legitimate one.

G1 Battle Gaia - Bruticus recolor. Same story as with Defensor, but a better recolor. Knock quite as knocked off, at least.

G1 Sixtrain, Sixliner, Sixwing, Sixturbo, Sixbuilder - The story for the Micromasters is the same. Six micromasters with a little bit of extensions can combine with their 'fighter transport' into a larger robot. If you can find them, the sets are pretty good, actually. Probably easier to get the rereleases of each, however.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Now, G2 and Beast Wars

G2 didn't have any original combiners. Devastator was re-released with yellow (or orange, in specialty shops). This actually somewhat worked for the big guy, and was one of the better concieved recolors of the line. Bruticus and Superion wouldn't fare so well, with garish colors, and purple! camo for Bruticus. Onslaught and Silverbolt also came with new weapons. (Defensor and Menasor were scheduled for release but were cancelled late in the line. G2 Breakdown was made available as the original BotCon exclusive.)

BW Magnaboss - One of two combiners for Beast Wars. Magnaboss is a three-man combiner consisting of a Deluxe and two basics. IT works fairly well, though Ironhide (the elephant) is a bit of a mess since he opens up and wraps around to form Magnaboss's body. Silverbolt's wings are also a bit of an issue, since they're HUGE compared to the figure. Easily found, though, and a nice combiner to have.

BW Tripredacus - Similar in concept to Magnaboss, using insects (and a crustacean) as a theme. Ram Horn is the weak-link here, being unconvincing in either robot or combined mode, but not too bad.

BW2 Magnaboss - mild recolor of the original, and easily purchased (at retail, no less) from Korea. Prowl/Lio Junior looks a bit better with the extra paint applications.

BW2 Tripledecus - a recolor of Tripredacus. Probably a little easier to get than the American version. Same issues as with the original, with the main difference being in color use - so really a matter of taste.

BW2 God Neptune - a recolor of Piranacon without the Targetmaster guns or poor Nautilator. Decent gift set, and the pearl, teal, and gold coloring is very attractive. Still has the mold weaknesses as before, plus age wasn't kind as far as degradation goes. Some parts are always loose.

RID Landfill - a four-man set of construction vehicles. The three deluxes 'rotate' around the basic and can form different configurations of legs and arms, accordingly. How well this works is up to debate. The original release of bright colors did this chunky design no favors, but the ditry construction vehicle redeco for Wal*Mart vastly improves it.

RID Ruination - a redeco of the Combaticons (the G2 variant). The redeco works, more or less, and the toys kept up remarkably well considering how often the mold has been used by this point. Of note is that the Japanese version (Valdigus) has a completely different color scheme (which matches the show)! The 'Urban' and 'Tiger' redecos which came later are stunning, honestly, though much harder to get.

RID Railracer - Easier and cheaper to get this mold from Korea at this point. The trains aren't much to write home about, and the robot modes of the individuals are iffy, but the combined robot is spectacular. This was one of the highlights of the line, and a must-get for RID fans.

UNI Devastator - This is really just RID Landfill in G1 Devastator colors. The more subued tones still work here, though at this point there are better homages to Devastator out there.

UNI Railracer, Defensor, Superion, Devastator - Redecos of the Micromaster releases into more familiar names for American audiences. These are pretty nice and easier to get than the original Micromaster releases by a long shot. Some can still be found in stores like Big Lots on occaision, but your best bet is to buy a set from eBay.

MM Rereleases - Japan rereleased the Micromaster sets into slightly new decos, as well as 'chase' decos a few years back. The molds are identical and the recolors are largley a matter of taste. Of note, though, is that Six Wing is completely redone, now as a Destron team. Chases were generally 'one color' versions, with Devastator, Bezerker Sixwing, REV Sixturbo.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

The last line...

EN Bruticus - a new mold homaging the original Bruticus. Probably the most solid of the three Energon combiners, though the 'energon hands/feet' bring the score back down a little. Still pretty easily found and sits down nicely along with Classics/Henkei. Another potential downside is that each limb is a repeated mold, meaning only three molds per set. (This is repeated with the other two Energon combiners.)

EN Superion - while the jet modes are nice, the hold figure is a bit of a mess thanks to Stormjet's rather flimsy construction. Compounding the problem is that the energon weapons make very poor hands and feet, making the whole exercise flimsy and delicate. Last of the three 'Energon Combiners' to purchase, despite the fan add-on kit.

EN Devastator (Con Max) - Nice and beefy, held back from excellence thanks to the energon hands/feet again, as well as Steamhammer's rather iffy vehicle mode. Of note, the feet mode of the two different limb forms are not the same length, causing some issues.

OTFCC Nexus Prime - a recolor of molds from the three Energon combiners, it's hard to say if this works well or not. The translucent plastic isn't to everyone's taste and the whole thing is very, very RED. It's enough to instill fits of epilepsy. The second complication is that it's made up of Autobots, Decepticons, and Shattered Glass guys, making it hard to fit into an existing collection. eBay has the limbs on the cheap now, so it's easy enough to get if you want it.

Classics Devastator - EN Devastator (Con Max) recolored into G1 colors. This works amazingly well though not perfectly. At home in a Classics collection, though, but it's beginning to get a little pricey considering its limited release and the popularity of the classics line.

ROTF/Classics Superion - EN Superion done up in more G1 colors. It's a better homage, though not terribly different from the Energon version (which was already a G1 homage). A little easier to get, but has the problems of the previous release.

ROTF/Classics Bruticus - EN Bruticus done up in more G1 colors. Okay, there's a couple of bizzare choices here, with Blast Off now a tank and Swindle a helicopter... otherwise not terribly different than the Energon version. In higher demand now thanks to an upcoming fan set which replaces the before-mentioned bizzare choices.

ROTF Devastator - Crap. This is a textbook case of how to do a combiner WRONG. The vehicles do not have their own robot modes, and the combined mode looks so chunky that even the My First Transformers get around to make fun of it. All around awful.

ROTF Legends Devastator - Ironically, the 'mini Devastator' for ROTF is a far superior toy. While the robot mode aesthetic isn't going to appeal to everyone, the figure does WORK for what it's supposed to be. A little hard to get, since it's a 'collection figure' in Japan and a store exclusive in the States.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

The stickersheet for my City Commander Ultra Magnus by reprolabels came in the mail today! Ultra Magnus looks so much better now :D

Glad that ashcloud is gone so I'm get international mail again :clap:
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
kupimus aka(clocker)
Protoform

Post by kupimus aka(clocker) »

i got rotf sonar reduced to 3.99 at sainsburys, even though he just came out. nice colors

(also legends recon bumblebee and tan ratchet)
Let this be thy final lesson monster, no man is e'er defeated till his last breath is drawn! And e'en THEN, 'tis most unwise for the victor to assume the battle is ended, for with god and man, a war is ne'er over till the ultimate wrong is set aright and the final villain is DONE!