POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

burnitall wrote:Anyone recognize it?
http://www.tfu.info/Gobots/Renegades/Wa ... erwalk.htm
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Don't expect it to work, though.... the Convertible Robots feature some neat variations (red Night Ranger, fat-nosed Slicks, blue Block Head, that there red chest Water Walk, the USAAF Zero), but don't tend to be engineered very well, rarely transforming smoothly or standing up in robot mode. Until fairly recently there was a chap on ebay UK listing dozens of the things at £20 a pop, it seems somehow the population failed to bite...
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

Just for the "Why not" element, I picked up a repro/KO Caliburst (w gun barrel) for G1 Slugslinger at Broken Arrow Toys (http://www.brokenarrowtoys.com/cart/ind ... oductId=42). Admittedly, the colors aren't quite the same, and it doesn't have the red paint on its face, and its peg won't fit in Slugslinger's hand or jet mode mount.

However, the barrel fits neatly in G1 Caliburst's slot and doesn't look weird at all. Since I won't transform him to robot mode (due to the weakness of the leg tabs on the toy), it means that I have one for robot mode and one for gun mode, heh.

(I'm thinking about painting the new (not official G1) Caliburst all fancy and detailed, though.)
TMM

Post by TMM »

there's some crazy tesco double up your reward points thing going on at the moment, so i bought some cat food for my cat... but also i bought Braun from the ROTF line - most of you know the figure, as it's mentioned above, but i wanna just recommend it further - it's one of the best non-movie movie-characters - although to call him an autobot is a bit extreme with the dual pistols and shoulder mounted minigun! - but yeah, very cool figure, cool head, good articulation, satisfying transformation - cool beans!
First we crack the shell... Then we crack the nuts inside!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

The Reverend wrote:Just for the "Why not" element, I picked up a repro/KO Caliburst (w gun barrel) for G1 Slugslinger at Broken Arrow Toys (http://www.brokenarrowtoys.com/cart/ind ... oductId=42). Admittedly, the colors aren't quite the same, and it doesn't have the red paint on its face, and its peg won't fit in Slugslinger's hand or jet mode mount.
Service okay? Nice to see more repro parts makers.

http://www.brokenarrowtoys.com/cart/ind ... t&catId=27

Comedy identifying of the copyright infringement, too, although he slips up a lot...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

http://www.brokenarrowtoys.com/cart/ind ... ductId=400

SQUEE!!!

Now, if only I could paint worth a damn.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

I bought a couple of "Overpriced red guy" (or something similar) Alternator Swerve heads from him a couple of years ago.

The first delivery only had one head in, and I then had to keep asking for the second head I had paid for to be sent. It did come, but only after quite a wait. Quality was excellent on one head, good on the other.

The chap himself seems reasonable enough though.

This topic has reminded me... I really should work more on my BT Battle Ravage -> Shrapnel conversion...
Wreck and Rule!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I just bought not-Pythona.

Shame that the kit to make not-Lifeline is out of stock, along with the Televiper accessories and the not-Jinx figure. :(
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

There's this one that seems to be intended to be Quarrel, modelled straight on the original Scarlett toy... I'm still more tempted by the idea of straight-repainting Crazy Junta Lackey Scarlett with her short hair.

It is quite frustrating that the best stuff seems to be out of stock, or outright discontinued (so take it down and stop teasing, you bastard!).

Definately thinking RoC Cover Girl + leather jacket + Missile Platform Driver head + some else's arms that have full-length sleeves & cuffs (Wild Bill?) + paint is likely to give me as good a Cover Girl as the DTC one, and would probably work out cheaper too... It's just whether RoC Cover Girl's legs are Wolverine-friendly...
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

I got ROTF scout Hubcap. Definitely loving the classic car mode.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Got the SDCC Blaster today. It comes in a package like reissue Perceptor and Insecticons, only with a super neato shiny slip cover!!!! wow!!!! And that's where the budget ends, Blaster feels cheap and flimsy, and the tapes do too. Another "Not as cool as I thought it was when I was a kid" purchase.
Thanks Denyer and Cliffjumper, for the info on that ko-bot.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Gott PCC Bombshock and Combaticons on holiday. I'm not that impressed with it really Bombshocks alt mode is very so so and in combined mode his legs don't like to stay on at all. Anyone else find they have this problem and know how to fix it? I can't help but feel I should've got the Airialbots instead, oh well.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

Denyer wrote:Service okay? Nice to see more repro parts makers.

http://www.brokenarrowtoys.com/cart/ind ... t&catId=27

Comedy identifying of the copyright infringement, too, although he slips up a lot...
Yeah, I suppose his site could have been laid out better and his communication could have been more frequent, but I get the impression he's on "make to order" right now. The peg not fitting in Slugslinger's hand is mildly annoying, but it's close - just a little too tight, and I could shave it down if it really bothers me (which it doesn't).
I'm just glad to have it, because the barrel alone tends to be at least $30 on ebay if not more, and that's when you can find it :)
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

PCC Smolder w/ Chopster.

(And Figma Rider, but that's not a Transformer.)
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

HFTD Ironhide. He's pretty cool, although the drone gun is driving me nuts.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

Picked up Generations Thrust as a result of Blackjack's review. It's funny, I didn't have G1 Thrust as a kid, but everyone else I knew did. (I got Dirge instead because I'd played with Thrust at their houses enough.) Nice interpretation, though, even though its the now-familiar Classics Seeker mold.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Very quick thoughts...

Generations Thrust: Basically the Henkei version minus the chrome. Looks very good (the face shown at BotCon was deliberately marred) and a nice piece for those of us that missed BotCon's exclusive sets.

Generations Drift: Drift-Chan Baka! Okay, seriously, this is a pretty good figure with only a few issues of kibble on the arms. I really hate the Mary Sue nature of this character, but I can't argue with the figure Hasbro made out of him.

War for Cybertron Bumblebee: Great robot mode but never EVER transform him. A panel-master that requires a lot of correct linking-up to get into vehicle mode. I may wind up passing on the WfC line and stick to Generations instead...
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Got Battle Ops Bumblebee at TRU yesterday. I wasn't planning to, but it looked really good. It mostly is, but it has 2 failure features, I found out. His head doesn't turn, and his cannon arm. Fun to transform, though.
Got Generations Thrust and Leader Starscream:up: at Walmart today.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I picked up an Encore Diaclone Ratchet at Comic con the other week. It's the only fig that I've decided is better being displayed in it's box...
And last week, my girlfriend picked up a G1 Devestator in Weymouth. (it was, admittedly, just a really high quality knock-off and it came in a box saying "Alien Terminator" but it's really nice)

I've been deliberately holding off buying any Transformers until Auto Assembley, where I'd imagine that when I'm done hyperventilating I will spend a preposterous sum on Robots in Disguise.
I like bears.