POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Sleeping on a toy would probably really decrease it's resale value. And it can't be that comfortable.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

G1 Wildfly. So that makes six rubber Pretender Monsters on my desk. They so... non threatening. Every time I look at them I just imagine them parading around in stop-motion format.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Notabot wrote:Sleeping on a toy would probably really decrease it's resale value. And it can't be that comfortable.

:lol: I don't even like United Jazz enough to take him to bed, let alone Generations Megatron. ;)

I realised my earlier post was rowlocks, btw. Sainsburys had Generations wave 2 only. I'd forgotten that OP & Bee were in both of the first two waves.

To clarify, they had:

2x Cybertron OP
2x Cybertron Bumblebee
2x Cybertron Megatron
2x Darkmount

Nada, zip, zilch Thrusts or Drifts. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up.
Wreck and Rule!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I picked up Power Core Combiners Grimstone last night. I still can't decide whether I'm impressed or not.

All five dinosaur modes are very nice. Since I was a huge dinosaur fanboy as a kid I love the fact that they went out and picked five completely new dinosaurs instead of reusing some of the ones from the five original Dinobots. But the weird thing is how Hasbro completely fails at dinosaur knowledge in spite of that. Grimstone himself is a Styracosaurus, but the packaging calls him a Triceratops. His drones consist of a Pachycephalosaurus, an Ankylosaurus, a Dimetrodon (hilariously misidentified as a Spinosaurus, which looks nothing like it) and some sort of Hadrosaur (they call it a Parasaurolophus, but it only vaguely looks like one). The drones are pretty shitty, honestly. They've got one or two points of articulation in beast mode, and they don't make especially good limbs in combined mode.

The Scout-sized main robot is a lot nicer. He'd be a better toy in both robot and dino modes if he didn't have giant blue combiner pegs hanging off of him, but other than that I'd say this is about the best they could do with a Dinobot Scout. His robot mode has limited articulation, but he's got a lot of bulk and really fits in nicely with Classics Grimlock. In fact, just on looks both he and the drones absolutely look like they belong on the team.

The combined mode is a bit more dicey. The limbs don't look anything like limbs, and he's got very limited articulation. Considering the weak beast modes and the fact that they don't have robot modes, I expected better. He really seems like a step back from the Energon combiners, though.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

So, my wife being the awesome woman she is let me go on a little bit of a spending spree...

Picked up Masterpiece Grimlock, Universe Galvatron, and RTS Legends Megatron, Trailcutter, Prowl, Gold Bumblebee, and Starscream.

Masterpiece Grimlock is a mixed bag of perfection and "what where they thinking". The twisting tail to move the head back and forth gimmick is neat, but I think I'd of preferred if the bottom half of him locked in tight and they used a neck ratchet on him. Also the way his torso transforms leaves him a touch wobbly. I know he's not a toy for playing with, but I also don't want to break anything so I end up with a really expensive Grimlock Bobble Torso doll. Other then those two things he's an amazing display piece covered in detailing and chrome.

Universe Galvatron is an over engineered figure to say the least. The orange bits are a tad random, but other then that he looks pretty cool. Now if I could get his chest to stay pegged in place....

The RTS guys I'm going to lump together. I was highly surprised by them. They all are pretty impressive legends class figures, and Megatron surprised me the most, both with his modes and in a humorous way with the orange safety plug so no one mistakes a 2" pistol for a real one. Although I have to say my absolute favorite pair are Starscream and Trailcutter.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Thunderwave wrote:The RTS guys I'm going to lump together.
Where did you get those legend guys? All the retail stores around my area are pretty much dead. And Universe Galvatron?
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Paul053 wrote:Where did you get those legend guys? All the retail stores around my area are pretty much dead. And Universe Galvatron?
Oddly I stumbled on them at the local comic shop. They've started stocking a limited amount of toys beyond the usual comic/movie toys and they had everyone but Prime hanging out so I snatched them up leaving a single, lone Megatron. Apparently they are expanding and stocking limited numbers of these toys. Works for me because when they put in an order they can get the brand spanking new stuff. Seeing as they only get deliveries on Wednesday..

As for Universe Galvatron I found him at a local Rite Aide. There are several of them in the area, each one having 1-3 Universe Galvatrons hanging out. We've also got a Universe Prowl or three and some Sunstreakers kicking around.
glazios

Post by glazios »

Risked the £3 trip to the Cardiff TRU down in the Bay a day or two ago, was rewarded with Perceptor and Wreck Gar. Both are made of Pure Awesome, though Perceptor's arms didn't like to sit snugly in-place in vehicle mode out of the packaging; did some very light sanding, now they sit nicely. Bumblebee and G2 Prime were also there, but I couldn't give a toss about those.

Need Blurr now, mainly for the rifle to give Perceptor some IDW-Wreckers style badassery. Shame there's no proper Generations Topspin to hold his legs for him when he feels the need to shoot someone... Want Kup, too, to round out the Season 3 'Bots and to give me an excuse to get the Cy-gar head kit. If one of the 3rd-parties does a psycho-Arcee ala IDW, I'll be well chuffed. She can scare the sh*t out of her FansProject chums.

Also, I have United Tracks on the way from... was it Taiwan? *checks* No, China. Should be here in a week or thereabouts. Then I'll have to get around to hunting up a United Jazz, and I still haven't heard anything about that Lugnut I ordered from Kapow... NEVER ordering from them again; if I haven't heard anything by the 18th, I'm gonna want my money back.

Just out of curiosity, I noticed that Wreck Gar has a tab that ends up on the inside of his seat/leg in robot mode which doesn't seem to get used for anything... and suspiciously enough, a similarly-unused slot on the inside of his other leg, just behind the front left suspension cylinder... wondering if they're for securing him in robot mode to a clone in vehicle mode? Thinking about getting another just to see, and if it proves not to be the case then hey, least he'll have a flunky. :D
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I found Battle Ops Bumblebee for $30 today at Wal-Mart. Had to fight for that price since the computer still said $60 but the shelf tag said $30. I guess fight's not really the right word since they just did a price check and approved it. But fight sounds cooler.

Anyway, I'm liking him. He's great in both modes, but not overly complicated. And he has lights and sounds and a pull-down battle mask and real rubber tires and lots of other awesomeness and now I'm going to go play with him bye.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Thunderwave wrote:Oddly I stumbled on them at the local comic shop.
Ah, that makes sense. My closest comic shop is still selling Beast Machines stuffs.

Some rocks fall from the sky and hit my head, I decided to keep the Universe/ROTF Superion set I got few weeks ago and ordered the Fansproject add-on kit for him from BBTS. Also ordered Protector and Sidearm but put them in POL to wait for Superion add-on kit's preorder arrival.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

glazios wrote: Just out of curiosity, I noticed that Wreck Gar has a tab that ends up on the inside of his seat/leg in robot mode which doesn't seem to get used for anything... and suspiciously enough, a similarly-unused slot on the inside of his other leg, just behind the front left suspension cylinder... wondering if they're for securing him in robot mode to a clone in vehicle mode? Thinking about getting another just to see, and if it proves not to be the case then hey, least he'll have a flunky. :D
Actually you are right on the money. He should also have two tabs that come out of his crotch plate that'll line up with a pair of slots on his seat so he'll tab in nicely to another use of the same mold.

I will also point out at this point that it seems Hasbro is planning a retool of the guy with a generic head. The directions I've seen for the guy have a different head, ala Darkmount/Skullgrin and Cybertronian Bumblebee/Cliffjumper.
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

The missus came home with an RTS Gingabee (bumblebee) yesterday.
Also Generations Kup and Blurr arrived. Unfortunately Kup arrived with a broken shoulder section. The shoulder/wheelarch section on one side had snapped off its pivot point which goes through Kups body and joins to the opposite shoulder. The joint looks quite fragile actually. Doest stop the figure transforming ect but the pivot point thats broken also holds the body in place. Might try and bond it back on with a dab of superglue.
Blurr is great and his colours are really nice. Looks much nicer than Drift.

Have also bought Generations Scourge, RTS Lugnut and Windcharger. Scourge and Windcharger will be coming from YaHobby.com. Never used them before but seeing as i'm steering clear of Kapowtoys I gotta find an alternative.
Windcharger is from a uk seller on Ebay cos I cant find it anywhere here. Cant even find a HFTD Hubcap either.

Oh and apparently Kapowtoys will have their RTS Lugnuts in at the end of March/1st week April.
glazios

Post by glazios »

Rookwise wrote:Oh and apparently Kapowtoys will have their RTS Lugnuts in at the end of March/1st week April.
Oh, ffs! Time it gets here, I'll be moving bloody house. Should've ordered it from TFSource like everything else, it'd be here by now... :rant:
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Aye. It was in their newsletter that I get sent. The Lugnut I've just bought from YaHobby was only £17.99 which is cheaper than Kapow IIRC.

Missed out on RTS Windcharger so I put a random bid on a classics Skywarp which I ended up winning for £26 delivered. Only thing now is i'll be on the lookout for the other seekers :'(
glazios

Post by glazios »

Rookwise wrote:Aye. It was in their newsletter that I get sent. The Lugnut I've just bought from YaHobby was only £17.99 which is cheaper than Kapow IIRC.

Missed out on RTS Windcharger so I put a random bid on a classics Skywarp which I ended up winning for £26 delivered. Only thing now is i'll be on the lookout for the other seekers :'(
Just sent an email to Kapow, asking them to cancel my Lugnut order; If I haven't heard anything from them by, ooh, say Wednesday, I'ma call 'em up and get it done the old-fashioned way. Call me impatient, but their customer service sucks and I'm sick of this waiting-for-stock BS.

I'll wait for Kapow to confirm that they've processed my refund, and then order it either from TFSource if they have stock, or YaHobby who it seems do have stock, along with one or two of the other I'm looking for...

@ Rookwise: What are YaHobby's shipping rates like?
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Theyre not in the Uk so their shipping is a bit costly. It was nearly £17 for shipping for Lugnut and Scourge. Was going to buy Universe Prowl and HFTD Hubcap but shipping came to neary £24. Can get Prowl cheaper from elsewhere.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

RTS Grapple from Sainsburys (priced at £20.99).

They had Lugnut & Strafe too.

Sweet! :D
Wreck and Rule!
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Got a Generations Wheeljack, Thundercracker, and Beast Machines Blackarachnia from BBTS. And a RTS Bumblebee from TRU.
All right, Thundercracker's not a floppy mess! They must have refurbished the seeker mold or something.
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Bought HFTD Hubcap from Sainsburys. The newly built hyperstore near me hardly had anything in apart from Hubcap,Brimstone,Wide Load,Sea Spray, Banzi Tron, RTS Jazz,Tracks and Mindset/Hailstorm.
Clay

Post by Clay »

I got my box from the BBTS yesterday. I had ordered the wave sets of Generations and Reveal the Shield along with voyager Lugnut, including:

Kup
Perceptor
Wreck Gar
G2 Optimus
Scourge
Bumblebee (Classics in movie colors)
Thundercracker
Wheeljack

Thundercracker is headed off to Scotland, and BB will end up hanging on the wall, but overall it proved a very cost-effective way to get a bunch of toys that I wanted anyway without all that nonsense of driving around and not finding anything.

Have only opened Lugnut so far, and I like him. The hands aren't particularly well hidden, but overall it's a more articulate version of the Animated toy (in the legs, fingers, etc.). The front of the plane has two cockpits, which is visually confusing. Otherwise, he's neat. One of handful of characters to make it out of Animated alive!