POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

The thing is, Revoltech Rodimus* is shit, or at least the (very small) head sculpt is. So I thought it'd be more amusing to have a Revoltech figure cos-play him. There's even less reasoning for why the anime girl next to her is carrying a happy little kronosaurus. It boils down to me failing to read the eBay description that said it was a miniature...

*http://www.amazon.co.uk/Transformers-Re ... B0012HKMA8 (for pics; not a good price)

Need to dig this out of storage as well, Revoltech's quite fun... not my photo, obviously...

http://i.imgur.com/PMatdb1.jpg
Inaction Master

Post by Inaction Master »

More new goodies!

Generation Chromia I got as part of a package deal from BBS prompted to by an online friend, (he got Arcee). I had thought she came with another pistol for some reason, and I still wish there was some way to take her windshield off so she can have a shield like in the IDW comics. Still, great figure.

Generations Bombshell 'cause I already have Shrapnel. Hopefully we get Kickback in the next year, (or some Deluxe Insecticon redecos). And Blackjack - I'm not really into any of the Stunticons, but I already had the original Micromaster so he seemed like a natural buy. (What is that purple thing he has though - an axe? A fan? Pooper scooper?)

Also included is the Complete Allspark Almanac!
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I don't need no stinkin' Firefly!

My middle son thought this would be better than having him prop himself on a stack of books as he was doing before. :)
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Needs an eyepatch, a small parrot for the shoulder, and a speech bubble that says 'Yarrr Matey!'
numbat

Post by numbat »

Notabot wrote:I don't need no stinkin' Firefly!
I'd be more concerned the right arm will misbehave...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

:)
He's just the gun arm. What could possibly go wrong?
numbat

Post by numbat »

Notabot wrote::)
He's just the gun arm. What could possibly go wrong?
:eek:

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I didn't notice it till now... but his head looks itty-bitty.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

So I don't have him in hand yet, but my wife just bought me AM-12 Breakdown for my birthday. I'm rather looking forward to getting the last major figure to finish off my Prime collection.

On another note I was fiddling with CW Breakdown and noticed that the 5mm plug on his back I assume for weapon storage isn't. The hood is molded in such a way that you can plug in his combiner fist so that it looks reminiscent of Sunstreaker's backpack. Also the thumb/heel of his combiner kibble has a tab that plugs in the back of his car mode so you can lay it flat across the top of his car mode. If they don't make a Sunstreaker out of this mold I'll be highly surprised.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Thunderwave wrote:On another note I was fiddling with CW Breakdown and noticed that the 5mm plug on his back I assume for weapon storage isn't. The hood is molded in such a way that you can plug in his combiner fist so that it looks reminiscent of Sunstreaker's backpack. Also the thumb/heel of his combiner kibble has a tab that plugs in the back of his car mode so you can lay it flat across the top of his car mode. If they don't make a Sunstreaker out of this mold I'll be highly surprised.
Pretty sure a Deluxe Sunstreaker was found in store listings, at the same time as (I think) Prowl, Mirage, and Ironhide. Theory is they're all CW retools/redecos and are the intended limbs for Ultra Prime.
Inaction Master

My last big haul for a little while, have got some pre-orders but those won't be coming for another month at least.

Getting the Allspark Almanac made me want to revisit Animated again, so I managed to find a loose Swoop and Animated Ratchet (Takara release), and also put down an order on Adventures Roadblock from Japan, mainly 'cause I like the Scoop mold and love how he came out in Constructicon green.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

The way Swoop is so close to Constructicon Scoop made me do a double take---thought you had something entirely new there!

Animated Ratchet is really great, well done.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Warbotron Not-slaught and the Shockwave kit showed up today. Of course I have entirely too much to do and am already exhausted, so it'll be a day or two before I can fool with any of it.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Oooh, do let us know about Notslaught!

So far there's two very rushed video reviews---showing some of the workings but not on the detail that would satisfy my curiosity. Curious to see if this figure holds up or if it's fragile, how the connections are etc.

A bit disappointed that Bruticus is six parts [he forms in a similar way to Devastator, you'll see what I mean], but the Bruticus head transformation was NICE :up:
Clay

Post by Clay »

Yeah, I saw the picture set a while back that showed how just the trailer makes the Bruticus pants, and I'm okay with that. If it makes the gestalt better and keeps Onslaught from towering over his team, it's win-win.

I did see the 47 point critique posted in the tfw forum, but I honestly didn't think most of those were actual, legitimate problems. I haven't seen a non-hyperbolic, non-"look at me I got it first!" review yet, but I'm sure the figure is fine.

I did indulge myself and swapped out Air Burst's old torso for the new one. Now he's all clickity-click-click-click.
Inaction Master

Knightdramon wrote:The way Swoop is so close to Constructicon Scoop made me do a double take---thought you had something entirely new there!

Animated Ratchet is really great, well done.
Actually I've been having trouble with Ratchet - I can't get him to stand right. It seems like he's got no support in his lower back... or possibly no lower back at all. Is there something I'm missing with his assembly?

Also, just for giggles, here's a shot of Constructi-Scoop with the rest of my not-Constructicons.

Clay

Post by Clay »

[Clay likes this]
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I got Exhaust!

I wasn't expecting to, but [Name And Address Withheld] dropped me an email saying they'd snagged a few and do I want one, two which I said YES PLEASE in an excitable fashion. Best of all, I didn't have to sell a kidney to get one.

Figure is great - had him on my desk at work yesterday. Transformation is fun and complex - but not overdone. Vehicle mode is slick and looks awesome - I love the red wheel hubs - and the robot mode is brilliant. I love the blue wings and slatted space visor. Only minor niggle is the rear windshield flapping about on his back - but maybe this locks onto something and I've missed it. I also like the 'Industrial Espionage' function Exhaust has - that's got to be a first for Transformers. And the more I think about it, the more his name amuses me, given his livery.

Although its new toy excitement, I am seriously impressed with Exhaust and I think he's on the road to becoming one of my favourites.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Inaction Master wrote:Actually I've been having trouble with Ratchet - I can't get him to stand right. It seems like he's got no support in his lower back... or possibly no lower back at all. Is there something I'm missing with his assembly?
Have you flipped the black heel spurs he has? I found it easier to balance him on these if they were not perfectly flat on the floor, more like angled upwards. For his lower back, I am not sure what the issue is. Is he unable to lock together?
Skyquake87 wrote:I got Exhaust!

I wasn't expecting to, but [Name And Address Withheld] dropped me an email saying they'd snagged a few and do I want one, two which I said YES PLEASE in an excitable fashion. Best of all, I didn't have to sell a kidney to get one.

Figure is great - had him on my desk at work yesterday. Transformation is fun and complex - but not overdone. Vehicle mode is slick and looks awesome - I love the red wheel hubs - and the robot mode is brilliant. I love the blue wings and slatted space visor. Only minor niggle is the rear windshield flapping about on his back - but maybe this locks onto something and I've missed it. I also like the 'Industrial Espionage' function Exhaust has - that's got to be a first for Transformers. And the more I think about it, the more his name amuses me, given his livery.

Although its new toy excitement, I am seriously impressed with Exhaust and I think he's on the road to becoming one of my favourites.
Read Windshield tabs on the back. There's a slot on his spine and a peg on the arm of the rear windshield. If things are oriented properly these two tab together. :up:
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Yup just found that :) thanks *BIG THUMBS UP*

I like how intuitive transforming Exhaust is! He is fun times.